What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alex Collins, SEA (2 Viewers)

Alex Collins (abdomen) remained "limited" in Thursday's practice. 

The Seahawks have been managing Collins' reps for weeks, but this week's "limited" sessions come as Rashaad Penny and Travis Homer have resumed practicing in full. The Seahawks have become dissatisfied enough with their running game that they signed Adrian Peterson earlier this week. Collins' time as the Seahawks' unquestioned post-Chris Carson No. 1 may have come and gone. He is a shaky FLEX for this "down bad" offense. 

Dec 2, 2021, 7:35 PM ET

Seahawks RB Alex Collins (abdomen) is feeling "considerably better" heading into Week 14 against Houston. 

As Collins has resumed practicing on a limited basis with an eye toward returning against the Texans, Adrian Peterson has been held out. Since AD is technically on the practice squad, the Seahawks do not have to update his status, but ESPN's Brady Henderson reported it is "not looking like" Peterson will be promoted for Sunday's road trip. That would take us back to where we started before Peterson's addition, with Collins operating as a zero-upside FLEX and Rashaad Penny, Travis Homer and DeeJay Dallas vying to change the pace.  

SOURCE: Brady Henderson on Twitter 

Dec 9, 2021, 6:53 PM ET

Seahawks placed RB Alex Collins on the reserve/COVID-19 list. 

Collins' FLEX star had already dimmed considerably — some might say burned out — behind a resurgent Rashaad Penny, but it's an unideal development for deep-league players, or managers who were already COVID scrambling. The Seahawks have been noncommittal on Adrian Peterson's Week 15 status, but he could now end up the first man off the bench, with Travis Homer and DeeJay Dallas fighting for third down/change-of-pace scraps. We would not be FLEXing Peterson against the Rams if he goes. 

Dec 16, 2021, 2:07 PM ET

Thoughts and prayers to his family and if he had any children, I feel especially bad for them

Miami lost a 1st Rd pick at RB
David Overstreet back in June 1984 to a horrific accident on HWY 155 in Texas, he lost control and veered off, hit a bunch of gas pumps that instantly caught on fire.

RIP

I almost died on a motorcycle once and am lucky to be here. Every time this happens I flash back to that day. Be careful out there and start seeing motorcycles when you drive!

RIP

I almost died on a motorcycle once and am lucky to be here. Every time this happens I flash back to that day. Be careful out there and start seeing motorcycles when you drive!
I had a couple of bad wrecks way back when. I was going around a curve and my kick stand went down and threw me out of control and I hit a parked car on the right side of the road, then another car behind me hit me after I hit the parked car. Unbelievably I wasn't hurt too bad, only cuts and bruises, but the handle bar went right into my groin. That still hurts to this day on occasion.

RIP Collins. I remember he was the hot pickup a few times.

RIP

I had a couple of bad wrecks way back when. I was going around a curve and my kick stand went down and threw me out of control and I hit a parked car on the right side of the road, then another car behind me hit me after I hit the parked car. Unbelievably I wasn't hurt too bad, only cuts and bruises, but the handle bar went right into my groin. That still hurts to this day on occasion.

RIP Collins. I remember he was the hot pickup a few times.
Oh man that's scary. I was on the freeway and got ran into the median by someone changing lanes and we were going around a curve. I don't remember the impact - the last memory I had was thinking I'm definitely going to die and I made peace with my maker in that flash split second. Next thing I was awake on the pavement with paramedics and a couple friends that were in our caravan who had stopped once I wrecked. I ended up flying into those green hard composite plastic divider poles that are incredibly solid. I took out about ten of those with my helicoptering body, according to witnesses, and basically my body went from 55mph to 0 in about 25 feet. People don't live through those things but somehow I did.

Tough year for Ex-Razorback football players. Collins, Mallette and almost Peyton Hillis.

RIP and thanks for the memories
And all of those things happened in Florida.
I go to Florida almost every other year for vacation and the way people drive has gotten a lot worse than it was 40 years ago with regard to speeding. People ignore construction sites and barrel on through. A couple of years ago we drove from Siesta Key on the gulf side to Cape Kennedy on the east side and it was dangerous. I'm not saying this was a factor in Collins' death, but just an observation that I noticed in Florida over time. Must be that east coast mentality. It seems as if there are more east coasters on east side of Florida and more mid west folks on the gulf side.

Last edited:
Sad news. Loved his touchdown dances, fun RB to watch.

In 1983 I bought a Honda Shadow VT750C Shadow when I was in A school in Pensacola, and two friends bought the exact same bike. One guy had a wreck and broke his femur; walked down the aisle for his wedding in a hip-to-ankle cast. Two weeks later the other dude (who had least amount of experience riding) took a curve too fast, drifted into the gravel shoulder and lost control. He didn't make it. I sold my bike and haven't ridden since.

RIP Alex.

I go to Florida almost every other year for vacation and the way people drive has gotten a lot worse than it was 40 years ago with regard to speeding. People ignore construction sites and barrel on through. A couple of years ago we drove from Siesta Key on the gulf side to Cape Kennedy on the east side and it was dangerous. I'm not saying this was a factor in Collins' death, but just an observation that I noticed in Florida over time. Must be that east coast mentality. It seems as if there are more east coasters on east side of Florida and more mid west folks on the gulf side.

I'm assuming your were on I-4 for part of that trip. I hate that drive. So many people with a cell phone to their head. Is that east coast mentality, i don't know. I'm east coast (NJ) living gulf side.

Tough year for Ex-Razorback football players. Collins, Mallette and almost Peyton Hillis.

RIP and thanks for the memories
And all of those things happened in Florida.
It's not all east coasters. Drivers in MA and CT are in the Top 5 of safest drivers in the country.

Users who are viewing this thread