Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Good Posting Judge

______ Passed Away Today, RIP

1 hour ago, Otis said:

I'll never understand the "OOOOOMG DAMN YOU 2016 JUST DAMN YOUIUU WORST YEAR EVER" people on Facebook.  Such nerds. Some rich and famous person I've never met dies and I'm going to get all upset about it?  I generally sort of don't give a crap. I guess it would be a bummer if like some incredible musician I love died in his prime in some tragic way and so I wouldn't get to hear whatever new records he was working on.  But like, some guy like Prince who probably lived pretty hard dies at 60 and I'm supposed to freak out?

2016: you were just fine. The appropriate number of famous people died. It's ok. 

Sincerely,

the voice of reason

I dunno.  Sure seemed to be alot more deaths than normal.  I agree people freaking out about it is dumb, but that was a whole lotta death last year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

Miguel Ferrer: http://deadline.com/2017/01/miguel-ferrer-dead-ncis-los-angeles-crossing-jordan-1201890002/

Excellent character actor. He was great in "Robocop", and "Twin Peaks. 

He hadn't been looking great in NCIS: Los Angeles this year.  They kept saying he was fine, but he just didn't look or sound right.  I guess now we know.

3 hours ago, Otis said:

Yeah David Bowie a complete stranger I never met dying at 70 years old was really hard on me. I just laid in bed for days. Not because I'm self obsessed. But because NOOOOOO it's just Nooot faaaaaaair 

Kinda salty today.   Is something going on in the world that might have you a little on edge?  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Otis said:

I'll never understand the "OOOOOMG DAMN YOU 2016 JUST DAMN YOUIUU WORST YEAR EVER" people on Facebook.  Such nerds. Some rich and famous person I've never met dies and I'm going to get all upset about it?  I generally sort of don't give a crap. I guess it would be a bummer if like some incredible musician I love died in his prime in some tragic way and so I wouldn't get to hear whatever new records he was working on.  But like, some guy like Prince who probably lived pretty hard dies at 60 and I'm supposed to freak out?

2016: you were just fine. The appropriate number of famous people died. It's ok. 

Sincerely,

the voice of reason

According to the analysis at 538, last year was extraordinary in the amount of total fame of people that died. While the raw number of celebrity deaths was pretty average, many of those that did die were at the 'really, really, internationally famous' end of the spectrum, pushing 2016 to the top in terms of the sum of all the star power. 

13 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

According to the analysis at 538, last year was extraordinary in the amount of total fame of people that died. While the raw number of celebrity deaths was pretty average, many of those that did die were at the 'really, really, internationally famous' end of the spectrum, pushing 2016 to the top in terms of the sum of all the star power. 

Global Dying

4 minutes ago, wikkidpissah said:

Global Dying

It goes in cycles. Nothing to see here. 

18 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

It goes in cycles. Nothing to see here. 

Oh, come on - it's soooo obvious how America's growing use of celebrity worship to fuel its empty lives has dramatically increased the volume of individual deaths of which the media makes note. Anyone with eyes & ears can see. In fact, I hear that, now that Biden's done as VP he'll be making a movie called A Narcissistic Truth to showcase this runaway phenomenon before it's too late. I know i'm going to do everything possible to reduce my own celluloid footprint and i strongly urge everyone to do the same. I mean, it's almost inconceivable how bad this problem is going to get once China stops showing nothing but parades on TV. Time for us to lead the world toward common sense on the issue of the worst pollution the 21st century may face - it's up to YOU!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Otis said:

Sincerely,

the voice of reason

Just wait until John Mayer or that dude that wrote "The Game" dies.  Then you'll be singing a different tune, pal.

• Like 3

Actress Barbara Hale, known for playing Della Street, Perry Mason's legal secretary on TV and 30(!) movies, gone at 94. She was also the mother of "Greatest American Hero" star William Katt. 

Edited by Walking Boot
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Walking Boot said:

Actress Barbara Hale, known for playing Della Street, Perry Mason's legal secretary on TV and 30(!) movies, gone at 94. She was also the mother of "Greatest American Hero" star William Katt. 

Awwww, maaaan. Growing up, my TV dreamparent choices were her and Today Show's Dave Garroway. RIP cute, clever, devilish, reliable, sweet ol' momgal

2 hours ago, Uruk-Hai said:

Mike Connors (Mannix) went down the other day

Damnnnnnnn.  He had to be old (haven't look up yet).

Growing up, we had a kid that rode his bike around town claiming to be Mannix.  Didn't know his real name.  He had a badge and thankfully no gun.  

Such an odd character to select.  He did it for at least 10 years - I moved away and never heard what happened to him.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Walking Boot said:

She was fit.

http://www.doctormacro.com/Images/Hale, Barbara/Annex/Annex - Hale, Barbara (Seminole)_01.jpg

Edited by NotSmart
  • Like 1

7-foot-7 'Game of Thrones' actor Neil Fingleton, who played the giant Mag the Mighty, dies at 36.

35 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

7-foot-7 'Game of Thrones' actor Neil Fingleton, who played the giant Mag the Mighty, dies at 36.

Ramsay Snow, you rotten bastard

On 2/27/2017 at 7:06 AM, Cjw_55106 said:

wow, he didn't look at weird and sickly like a lot of the really tall guys.  Heart trouble?

34 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

wow, he didn't look at weird and sickly like a lot of the really tall guys.  Heart trouble?

Killed fighting Grenn and five other black brothers.

36 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

Didnt see it posted...still dont. :shrug:

It was posted last night, the mods just deleted the thread.

7 minutes ago, pandora said:

It was posted last night, the mods just deleted the thread.

LOL, How could a thread like that be an issue? 

20 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

LOL, How could a thread like that be an issue? 

The thread title didn't have "Sr." in it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cjw_55106 said:

RIP Cuba Gooding Sr. 

Lame

Probably not famous enough for his own thread....

Sonny Randle. Pretty good NFL player in the 50s-60s. 

But the way I know him is he was the first head coach of my alma mater I have a memory of and later was the color guy on a lot of their games when they became a powerhouse. 

RIP coach

3 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

Probably not famous enough for his own thread....

Sonny Randle. Pretty good NFL player in the 50s-60s. 

But the way I know him is he was the first head coach of my alma mater I have a memory of and later was the color guy on a lot of their games when they became a powerhouse. 

RIP coach

He was a good WR for the STL Cardinals when I was a kid.

• Like 1

just saw Michael Nyqvist passed away.....had a good villain thing going too.

38 minutes ago, Chemical X said:

just saw Michael Nyqvist passed away.....had a good villain thing going too.

Damn. He was always good in everything I'd seen him in. Always interesting to look at, too. Really captured attention any time he was on the screen.

• Like 1