What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

______ Passed Away Today, RIP (5 Viewers)

Yeah David Bowie a complete stranger I never met dying at 70 years old was really hard on me. I just laid in bed for days. Not because I'm self obsessed. But because NOOOOOO it's just Nooot faaaaaaair 
Kinda salty today.   Is something going on in the world that might have you a little on edge?  

It goes in cycles. Nothing to see here. 
Oh, come on - it's soooo obvious how America's growing use of celebrity worship to fuel its empty lives has dramatically increased the volume of individual deaths of which the media makes note. Anyone with eyes & ears can see. In fact, I hear that, now that Biden's done as VP he'll be making a movie called A Narcissistic Truth to showcase this runaway phenomenon before it's too late. I know i'm going to do everything possible to reduce my own celluloid footprint and i strongly urge everyone to do the same. I mean, it's almost inconceivable how bad this problem is going to get once China stops showing nothing but parades on TV. Time for us to lead the world toward common sense on the issue of the worst pollution the 21st century may face - it's up to YOU!!

I'll never understand the "OOOOOMG DAMN YOU 2016 JUST DAMN YOUIUU WORST YEAR EVER" people on Facebook.  Such nerds. Some rich and famous person I've never met dies and I'm going to get all upset about it?  I generally sort of don't give a crap. I guess it would be a bummer if like some incredible musician I love died in his prime in some tragic way and so I wouldn't get to hear whatever new records he was working on.  But like, some guy like Prince who probably lived pretty hard dies at 60 and I'm supposed to freak out?

2016: you were just fine. The appropriate number of famous people died. It's ok. 

Sincerely,

the voice of reason
Just wait until John Mayer or that dude that wrote "The Game" dies.  Then you'll be singing a different tune, pal.

Mike Connors (Mannix) went down the other day
Damnnnnnnn.  He had to be old (haven't look up yet).

Growing up, we had a kid that rode his bike around town claiming to be Mannix.  Didn't know his real name.  He had a badge and thankfully no gun.  

Such an odd character to select.  He did it for at least 10 years - I moved away and never heard what happened to him.  

Probably not famous enough for his own thread....

Sonny Randle. Pretty good NFL player in the 50s-60s. 

But the way I know him is he was the first head coach of my alma mater I have a memory of and later was the color guy on a lot of their games when they became a powerhouse. 

RIP coach

Probably not famous enough for his own thread....

Sonny Randle. Pretty good NFL player in the 50s-60s. 

But the way I know him is he was the first head coach of my alma mater I have a memory of and later was the color guy on a lot of their games when they became a powerhouse. 

RIP coach
He was a good WR for the STL Cardinals when I was a kid.

Playwright/actor/director Sam Shepard. 

He won a Pulitzer Prize for drama and was nominated for an Oscar for playing Chuck Yeager in The Right Stuff.  Not many people can claim that exacta.
RIP. Not a fan of his brand of intense, hyperpersonal plays but he was a really committed theater guy and, unlike most-hated-NMicans Julia Roberts & Val Kilmer, he and Miss Lange did a good job of blending in & adding up when they moved out to Tesuque. Saw him around & @ parties a lot backinaday and he was always civil & funny.

...and bartender in After Hours. He was a friend of friends and i hear he was a beast of the boards and the barrooms in his NY theater days. RIP to a kindred spirit -
I forgot about that little role and that's one of my favorite Scorcese films! He seemed like an actor that just liked to work. Always pretty reliable. I could watch him and see a flash of William Hurt in his acting.

Users who are viewing this thread