What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

______ Passed Away Today, RIP (3 Viewers)

Harry Morton, founder of the Pink Taco restaurant chain.

(And son of the guy who founded the Hard Rock Cafe)

(And grandson of the guy who founded Morton's Steakhouse)

He was 38. Found unresponsive in his Beverly Hills home.

Awww.  She was great.
She had some great interview spots on the Star Trek collectors boxed DVD sets. IIRC she used her initials because no one thought women could write sci-fi back in the 60s (and before), so she didn't want it to be obvious she was a woman when getting credited for scripts.

Actor Ron Leibman who achieved half an EGOT with Emmy and Tony Awards died at age 82.  He was best known as a stage actor but appeared in movies such as Norma Rae, Slaughterhouse Five and The Super Cops.
He's kind of a classic NY character actor. I assumed he died many years ago. I was surprised to learn he was married to both Linda Lavin and Jessica Walter.

Also the rapper Juice Wrld died at 21 years old.

Had a seizure getting off the plane in Chicago while walking in the airport. Strange story.
It’s a very strange story.  The recent trend on Tik-Tok was to Juice Wrlds song Lucid Dreams and at one point in the song with water in their mouth they would shake their head like having a seizure, eyes rolled back and the water coming out of their mouth.  Then today he dies of a seizure 

It’s a very strange story.  The recent trend on Tik-Tok was to Juice Wrlds song Lucid Dreams and at one point in the song with water in their mouth they would shake their head like having a seizure, eyes rolled back and the water coming out of their mouth.  Then today he dies of a seizure 
And he had the lyrics...

“What’s the 27 Club? / We ain’t making it past 21”

And he had the lyrics...

“What’s the 27 Club? / We ain’t making it past 21”
I just read he made a tweet a couple yrs ago.... My goal is to get overly famous, shine for a couple years..then fake my death  

And it happened in a public airport but no pictures or video of it?  People who live near that airport said no sign or sound of ambulances the entire night.  Strange. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I just read he made a tweet a couple yrs ago.... My goal is to get overly famous, shine for a couple years..then fake my death  

And it happened in a public airport but no pictures or video of it?  People who live near that airport said no sign or sound of ambulances the entire night.  Strange. 
And his name is based off of Tupac's Juice movie. Some believe Tupac is alive somewhere living on an island.  :tinfoilhat:

Except on the news, here in Chicago, there was the 911 call recording. 

Private plane coming into private hangar I believe and he was being searched by police for guns and drugs at the time so he was likely very secluded from the public.

Almost 100,000 people around the world have died from the simple inability to sustain life since Juice Wrld died. His is the death y'all are going to get invested in?!
Addiction to purple drank has done in a lot of people, many of whom were musically talented.  It does bear scrutiny.

Almost 100,000 people around the world have died from the simple inability to sustain life since Juice Wrld died. His is the death y'all are going to get invested in?!
As opposed to an 80 year old celebrity who lived past the average life expectancy? 

A 21 year old talented (even if he's not your cup of tea) celebrity dying is significant and sad.

In before Noonan chimes in to say he’s never heard of him. 
Dude, there are people that could judge the hip hop/rap category of a timdraft that have never heard of him, solely based on the natural cycles of passing age. Perhaps I betray a bit of myself here, but I know some of the Insta/Soundcloud dudes and I have never, ever, ever even remotely. His overdose is the most famous he'll get, and the joking around on social media about seizures presumably from the codeine and/or alcohol combined makes this person sad. Sadly and ironically, he's not going out to the sounds of mourning, critical acclaim, adulation, and/or wonder, he's going out to thoughts of pity like many people myself must be having, simply uninterested in the music or the cliques and only thinking that he was too young not to have been forcibly helped. 

RIP Juice

rockaction said:
Dude, there are people that could judge the hip hop/rap category of a timdraft that have never heard of him, solely based on the natural cycles of passing age. Perhaps I betray a bit of myself here, but I know some of the Insta/Soundcloud dudes and I have never, ever, ever even remotely. His overdose is the most famous he'll get, and the joking around on social media about seizures presumably from the codeine and/or alcohol combined makes this person sad. Sadly and ironically, he's not going out to the sounds of mourning, critical acclaim, adulation, and/or wonder, he's going out to thoughts of pity like many people myself must be having, simply uninterested in the music or the cliques and only thinking that he was too young not to have been forcibly helped. 

RIP Juice
The passing is no doubt sad; my shtick was not necessarily related to the death.

The passing is no doubt sad; my shtick was not necessarily related to the death.
Oh, sorry, Tom. I wasn't accusing you particularly of anything. I think you're way above board as a poster and general empathetic soul. Your thought that people didn't know him was what brought on my own lament.

I quoted you to emphasize my own point; to show that even people that might be in the know didn't know him, know who he was, and that his celebrity was fleeting and not overwhelming, making his celebrity lifestyle sort of sadder.

I'm reading my own post: the jokes about seizures on social media were his own jokes. That is unclear in my post. You weren't kidding about it. He was. 

Oh, sorry, Tom. I wasn't accusing you particularly of anything. I think you're way above board as a poster and general empathetic soul. Your thought that people didn't know him was what brought on my own lament.

I quoted you to emphasize my own point; to show that even people that might be in the know didn't know him, know who he was, and that his celebrity was fleeting and not overwhelming, making his celebrity lifestyle sort of sadder.

I'm reading my own post: the jokes about seizures on social media were his own jokes. That is unclear in my post. You weren't kidding about it. He was. 
While it's true I don't know him as rap per se is not my preferred genre, I am acutely aware that there are people who love him and his music.  It is for them that I sympathize.

And FTR, I didn't think you meant anything by it. 

Users who are viewing this thread