What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

______ Passed Away Today, RIP (4 Viewers)

perhaps the greatest combination of craft and character i've ever seen in sport. no game at all, thought to be Russ's caddy (i remember the ruddy racist slurs around my beloved Boston on the subject), but gave the Cousy whirlwind team which would have been happy to have #6 solve all their defensive problems an identity as proud of D schemes as O schemes. would have been a stellar coach for today's game, because he focused on the opponent's weaknesses over strengths and could talk on calm & even footing with any man. RIP, coach -

Last edited by a moderator:
Dancer and actor Shabba Doo (Adolfo Quiñones) -- Ozone in the Breakin' movies -- passed today at age 65.

Battle Dance tribute from Breakin'.
Awww man.  Eleven year old me put on the parachute pants to go see that movie in the theater, then went home and rolled out the linoleum in the garage and did my best to poorly imitate everything I had just seen.

Ice-T on the mic in that scene, three years before his first album came out.

Wrestler Jon Huber AKA Brodie Lee in the Indies and AEW and Luke Harper in WWE died last week do to a Lung issue non covid related. He was 41. A couple of great stories I have and kind of hits home as he started his career locally in Philly with a wrestling based company that just shut down. one of the nicest people I've met remotely famous. No ego and most important was an awesome husband and father to his kids. AEW the company he worked for up to his death are really taking car of his family. There is a T shirt thats about $25 with all proceeds going to help his family at ShopAEW for anyone interested in helping out 

Wrestler Jon Huber AKA Brodie Lee in the Indies and AEW and Luke Harper in WWE died last week do to a Lung issue non covid related. He was 41. A couple of great stories I have and kind of hits home as he started his career locally in Philly with a wrestling based company that just shut down. one of the nicest people I've met remotely famous. No ego and most important was an awesome husband and father to his kids. AEW the company he worked for up to his death are really taking car of his family. There is a T shirt thats about $25 with all proceeds going to help his family at ShopAEW for anyone interested in helping out 
Yeah I posted about his death last week, seemed to be loved by all those who worked with him.  Very sad.

Thirty years ago at age 90.  She's no Abe Vigoda.
Interesting about Schafer:

Schafer was secretive about her age. She reportedly never revealed her true year of birth to her husband during their marriage. For many years, her birth year was generally given as 1912. Few people believed this, yet her actual year of birth of 1900 (which was not discovered until after her death) shocked even her intimate friends. She was reportedly also a breast cancer survivor, which she withheld from her fans and friends.

Also her relationship with Wells: 

Her investments, particularly in real estate, made her a multi-millionaire. Differing sources state that most of this fortune was bequeathed to either her Gilligan's Island co-star Dawn Wells or to care for her dogs. Wells did not comment on that, but she did claim on Vicki Lawrence's talk show Vicki! that Schafer spent her last years living with her,  adding that she essentially had served as Natalie's caretaker during that time.
Dawn was a kind soul and will be missed.

NFL HOFer Floyd Little.  Nicknamed The Franchise, basically saved the Broncos.
So sorry to see this. Little was the first real star I can remember from the Broncos. Even when the team sucked, and they did a lot in the sixties, Little was the "man." He was a legit superstar and always a supporter of the team. I saw that he was in hospice a while back so I knew the prognosis wasn't good. RIP Floyd.

this hit me.

Paul Westfaul was one of my favorites.  

back when the NBA still kept the one-and-half steps ...

the traveling in basketball today just makes me sad

and it's pervasive in college basketball now as well ...2 and a half steps is nothing

Gerry Marsden, from Gerry & The Pacemakers (hits with "Ferry Cross The Mersey" and "Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying", not to mention the Beatles reject "How Do You Do It")
right brilliant scouser, yeah? being me Ma was born in Liverpool and i hated the Beatles early on, i had to have me some pop Liverpudlians, and the Pacemakers were it. i simply don't believe you do ballads better than "Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying" and "Ferry 'Cross the Mersey". the latter has been a shower song for as long as i've taken showers and is one of the very few songs i have a digital recording of me singing. if i knew how to upload, i'd tribute here. RIP, mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clown Car said:
Not so fast my friend:

TMZ updates a story about actor Tanya Roberts (That ’70s Show, A View to a Kill), saying that she is in fact alive despite earlier reports from her rep and multiple outlets that she had died

Outlets like CNN and The Hollywood Reporter, in addition to TMZ, reported Roberts’ death and stars of That ‘70s Show publicly shared condolences, but TMZ now reports that Roberts’ representative was mistaken and the actor is alive and in an LA hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread