What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Quincy Enunwa grab now before it's too late! (1 Viewer)

Crystalsteam99

Footballguy
I'm surprised I don't see more talk about this guy. .I know it's only 1 game,But I have a feeling after this week you won't get him cheap. The Jets have squat for a TE(giving him plenty of targets for  wr3),and I don't see Marshall making it through the season healthy. If he or Decker went down,Enunwa would be an instant Wr 2 possibly. If you have the bench space,I'd grab him before Tmrw night''s game. I'm trying to get him in as many leagues as I can now. Fitzpatrick stated he was really working hard on improving 3rd downs and Red Zone  situations. I think in those situations that leaves Enunwa open more, while Decker and Marshall receive the better coverage and he picks up that 3rd down or TD. at 6'2' 225,he's got size which I like also. Even with Marshall and Decker healthy,I still see Enunwa getting close to as many targets, as he got in the first game.. I'm, looking forward to watching him play Tmrw night. If he gets another TD Tmrw and 6 or 7  recs,Good luck getting him next  week. 

...And Marshall goes down,like I mentioned might happen last night...Enunwa looked like a huge part of the Jests O before the injury to Marshall. Now a much bigger part and the #1 add next week! Glad I grabbed him in almost every league,

Last edited by a moderator:
Clueless.

But he's definitely surpassed the expectations we started developing 5-6 weeks ago. Happy to pick him up for $1 last week.

For those that watched the game, I see he only had 1 catch in the second half. Was he injured early in the 3rd quarter?

For those that watched the game, I see he only had 1 catch in the second half. Was he injured early in the 3rd quarter?
Yes - the rib injury put him out until basically until towards the end of the game. Going forward, no doubt he'll still be actively involved, but Fitz did seem to re-discover his chemistry with Marshall and Decker, so Enunwa's receptions may be unpredictable going forward depending on the defensive coverage the Jets face.

And if one of Marshall or Decker go down, look out.

A lot of hype for a WR third on the depth chart on an offense that fails to inspire. 

Love the "I called it"... there's always one guy... as if predicting an injury takes skill and foresight  :lol:

Obviously someone worth a spot in deep bench leagues but otherwise on my watch list in case decker or Marshall go down for the year. 3rd WR for the steelers, sure worth a spot... Jets, eh not so much.

A lot of hype for a WR third on the depth chart on an offense that fails to inspire. 

Love the "I called it"... there's always one guy... as if predicting an injury takes skill and foresight  :lol:

Obviously someone worth a spot in deep bench leagues but otherwise on my watch list in case decker or Marshall go down for the year. 3rd WR for the steelers, sure worth a spot... Jets, eh not so much.
I assume you didn't watch the game.  Or maybe you did but just feel the last two weeks have been an anomaly?  Enunwa clearly has the trust of Fitzpatrick and they showed good chemistry on timing routes.  I get that third string WRs are not a sexy asset, but don't forget the Jets have no true pass catching TE and Enunwa fills that role as well.  Definitely worth rostering in dynasty and redraft until his targets drop considerably.

He described himself as a HBack this morning. He isn't just going to take Marshall/Deckers role if they get hurt so you guys can stop wishing that bad juju. This is good news though. Essentially he has taken the place of what a Delanie Walker type would have in the Titans offense. His production should continue despite having Decker/Marshall present there.

Not sure what you've been watching over the past two weeks, but the Jets' offense is pretty sharp. The defensive secondary - not so much.

Amaro had 53 targets in '14, ALL NYJ TEs had 25 last year - not a typo - and this year they have 3 targets (0 receptions) through 2 games. That's 1.56 targets per game over the last 18. Essentially, TE are eligible tackles on the Jets - might surprise you by getting a look once in awhile but that's not why they are there.

Enunwa is the H-back in the offense - a big (225 lbs) WR they move around the formation. Last year he lined up tight a lot, this year he's coming out of the clot more. His usage isn't completely dependent on whether Decker and Marshall are also on the field. Jalin Marshall (WR4) is pretty far down the pecking order & didn't help his cause last night.

Tons of targets in the first half last night but then he aggravated his rib injury. He's definitely worthy of an add (I spent a buck on him last week) as a FF WR4.

I want to pick him up but can't justify who I'd have to drop to get him: Sharp, Rogers, Tyrell. If Boyd gets outplayed by LaFell again, I might think about it.

Also, last night just didn't feel sustainable. Three different WRs all sniffing 100 yards? And the RBs not getting any targets? I don't see the rest of the year playing out like that.

I want to pick him up but can't justify who I'd have to drop to get him: Sharp, Rogers, Tyrell. If Boyd gets outplayed by LaFell again, I might think about it.

Also, last night just didn't feel sustainable. Three different WRs all sniffing 100 yards? And the RBs not getting any targets? I don't see the rest of the year playing out like that.
Don't you dare drop Boyd, if you're in dynasty.

Amaro had 53 targets in '14, ALL NYJ TEs had 25 last year - not a typo - and this year they have 3 targets (0 receptions) through 2 games. That's 1.56 targets per game over the last 18. Essentially, TE are eligible tackles on the Jets - might surprise you by getting a look once in awhile but that's not why they are there.

Enunwa is the H-back in the offense - a big (225 lbs) WR they move around the formation. Last year he lined up tight a lot, this year he's coming out of the clot more. His usage isn't completely dependent on whether Decker and Marshall are also on the field. Jalin Marshall (WR4) is pretty far down the pecking order & didn't help his cause last night.

Tons of targets in the first half last night but then he aggravated his rib injury. He's definitely worthy of an add (I spent a buck on him last week) as a FF WR4.
I agree with everything except Jalin Marshall not helping his cause last night.  That fumble was generated by great defensive execution by the Bills, not carelessness on Marshall's part.  He redeemed himself later in the game with a couple of crucial grabs.  The kid looks good and could eventually be a threat to Enunwa's targets.  But Enunwa is the play for now.  

I don't see the upside for this year.

I watched last night, and he looked good.  Really good.  Fighting Decker, Marshall, and Forte for targets, I don't see the 2016 play.  

I don't see the upside for this year.

I watched last night, and he looked good.  Really good.  Fighting Decker, Marshall, and Forte for targets, I don't see the 2016 play.  
Currently averaging 16.8ppg in ppr.  That average is good for top 20 WR last year.  Not saying he sustains this, but even if he can be a top 40 WR he has value as a WR3 or WR4.   In my opinion that's enough upside to be useful in 2016.  

2 good games in a row and he was targeted early in this one. If he didn't miss time with the injury he most assuredly would have cracked the 100 yard barrier this week. Jalen Marshal filled his role while he was on the bench so look at his targets and do the math. if he has a third good game ina a row you can't argue with the trend. I feel good having him on my bench, waiting to see what happens next week.

Man,   Enunwa looks GOOD.   Seems like a decent deep PPR play now, but if Decker or Marshall miss time, he's an animal.

2 good games in a row and he was targeted early in this one. If he didn't miss time with the injury he most assuredly would have cracked the 100 yard barrier this week. Jalen Marshal filled his role while he was on the bench so look at his targets and do the math. if he has a third good game ina a row you can't argue with the trend. I feel good having him on my bench, waiting to see what happens next week.
Just to add to this.  Fitzpatrick is on pace to throw 560 times this year, very similar to last year.  Decker and Marshall have both been targeted a normal amount of times the last two games.  There will be games where Marshall or Decker get targeted heavier, but everything seems pretty sustainable for the most part.  It's just a matter of how guys like Jalin Marshall and Devin Smith (If healthy) eat into Enunwa's targets as the year goes on.  

A bit disconcerting that he disappeared in the second half when Decker and Marshall were getting open.  Great pickup for people who played him this week, but I'd be nervous having him in my lineup each week.

Currently averaging 16.8ppg in ppr.  That average is good for top 20 WR last year.  Not saying he sustains this, but even if he can be a top 40 WR he has value as a WR3 or WR4.   In my opinion that's enough upside to be useful in 2016.  
I don't think Fitzpatrick can support 3 top 40 WRs.  

A bit disconcerting that he disappeared in the second half when Decker and Marshall were getting open.  
As mentioned, he was hurt through much of the second half and wasn't on the field. That said, as mentioned earlier, Enunwa will be on the field a lot, but his targets may vary depending on what type of coverage is rolled towards Marshall/Decker. One variable is that the better Enunwa plays, defenses will roll more coverage towards him and perhaps open up things more for the big two.

Not fantasy related, but Enunwa is a serious blocker, too. Put a big hit on a linebacker (I think) on a Forte run. Those types of things will keep him on the field even more.

I don't think Fitzpatrick can support 3 top 40 WRs.  
Understandable.  I believe only Carson Palmer and Aaron Rodgers did it last year, so it's not easy.  It depends on how much they throw and how much talent there is around to spread the ball to.  Right now it looks feasible, but injuries will play a part in it eventually.  You also have to consider that Enunwa is essentially a TE/WR hybrid.  If you called Gates, Eifert, Reed a WR, then other average QBs like Dalton, Rivers and Cousins technically supported 3 top 40 Wrs last year.

Injuries only play a part in it if someone gets injured.

And the wrong guy can get injured. The old QB that didn't have a training camp could get injured.

I read a stat that he was on the field for like 80% of the offensive snaps week 1.  Until he banged up his ribs, he was on the field seemingly every offensive play and was getting targets.  Ill pick up any 3rd WR that plays 80% of the time.  I only need him a couple times as a possible bye week filler, so why not pick him up and stash him.

Understandable.  I believe only Carson Palmer and Aaron Rodgers did it last year, so it's not easy.  It depends on how much they throw and how much talent there is around to spread the ball to.  Right now it looks feasible, but injuries will play a part in it eventually.  You also have to consider that Enunwa is essentially a TE/WR hybrid.  If you called Gates, Eifert, Reed a WR, then other average QBs like Dalton, Rivers and Cousins technically supported 3 top 40 Wrs last year.
Who did Rodgers have last year aside from Cobb?

This came up in another thread, but it's extremely rare for any offense to support three startable WRs. Peyton did it in '04 and '13 (if you count Julius). Brady didn't do it in '07. Brees has never done it.

Injuries only play a part in it if someone gets injured.

And the wrong guy can get injured. The old QB that didn't have a training camp could get injured.
Great points.  So no injuries and Enunwa is probably around top 40.  An injury to him or Fitz and he most likely falls out of top 40.  An injury to Marshall or Decker and he might sneak into the top 25 or better.  Regardless, he still has fantasy value in that offense until we see differently..  

This came up in another thread, but it's extremely rare for any offense to support three startable WRs. Peyton did it in '04 and '13 (if you count Julius). Brady didn't do it in '07. Brees has never done it.
Jones and Cobb were both top 30 last year (James Jones # 25 and Cobb #28), but there definitely wasn't a third.  Third on the packers was #83. 

He might have been including Rich. Rogers.... but including TE's with WR's that had Rodgers around #55

Got me on that.  I gave it very little thought and just assumed Cobb and Jordy were business as usual and James Jones was the 3rd.  My mistake.

It is very rare that a QB supports 3 top 40 WRs agreed.  How rare is it that a QB supports 2 top 40 WRs and a TE who scores a weekly average that falls in line with the top 40 Wrs?  I would say it happens 5-10 times each year.  Just don't want to see anyone ruling out the possibility because they are looking at it the wrong way.

Love the dynasty play. Don't like redraft, as 4th option in the offense.

I wasn't able to get him anywhere, he was picked up in my leagues last week. I'll wait a few weeks, if he has a quiet week or two, I'll make a trade offer.

I see a lot of chatter about how NYJ cant sustain 3 WRs, and its true that they couldn't in the past. But what has changed in 2016? I think what we have seen in the past was a Forte-less Jets with a better defense than they currently have. Now that they have a versatile RB that can catch and rush, along with a drop-off in defense effectiveness, I feel these are two key changes that will open up targets for a 3rd pass catching WR. In the past, Jets have had to take the two RB approach of trotting out the the "rushing, between the tackles RB" and the "pass catching RB" telegraphing their plays pre-2016. Forte has had the effect of opening up the offense to support a 3rd option so far this season. If it continues I think we need to re-assess the Jets and not miscast them as a smash mouth low scoring, primarily rushing offense with a lock down defense to a more potent offense with an avg defense, causing them to not only have the ability to score more but also the need..

Got me on that.  I gave it very little thought and just assumed Cobb and Jordy were business as usual and James Jones was the 3rd.  My mistake.

It is very rare that a QB supports 3 top 40 WRs agreed.  How rare is it that a QB supports 2 top 40 WRs and a TE who scores a weekly average that falls in line with the top 40 Wrs?  I would say it happens 5-10 times each year.  Just don't want to see anyone ruling out the possibility because they are looking at it the wrong way.
I'm too busy (read: lazy) to dig into this right now, but is it that common? I feel like most teams really only sustain two solid, startable pass catchers. Also, I think quality of QB play is important. Fitz is fine, but I think you really have to have someone playing at an elite level for it to even be possible.

All that said, I do agree that it would be dumb to write QE off because "it simply can't happen". Lots of things can't happen until the moment that they do. (To cite one example, the consistency with which Marshall and Decker scored last year was very unusual.) If the guy is producing, he's producing, and is probably worth a flier. If I had any deadweight on my roster right now, I'd grab him. But those risks give me enough pause that I'm not giving up on other promising fliers (Rogers, Boyd or Williams) to get him.

...those risks give me enough pause that I'm not giving up on other promising fliers (Rogers, Boyd or Williams) to get him.
 Eli Rogers vs Enunwa is an interesting debate and both should hold value in ppr.  I think Eli should score more but that's almost entirely based on circumstances and Ben >>>> fitz.  I like both better than the other two in ppr but probably the other two in non ppr. They're close. 

I'm expecting performance around Snead or Rishard Mathews from last year, top 40 but barely.  

I'm too busy (read: lazy) to dig into this right now, but is it that common? I feel like most teams really only sustain two solid, startable pass catchers. Also, I think quality of QB play is important. Fitz is fine, but I think you really have to have someone playing at an elite level for it to even be possible.

All that said, I do agree that it would be dumb to write QE off because "it simply can't happen". Lots of things can't happen until the moment that they do. (To cite one example, the consistency with which Marshall and Decker scored last year was very unusual.) If the guy is producing, he's producing, and is probably worth a flier. If I had any deadweight on my roster right now, I'd grab him. But those risks give me enough pause that I'm not giving up on other promising fliers (Rogers, Boyd or Williams) to get him.
In your situation I see no reason to drop one of those guys for Enunwa.   6 and one half dozen there.  

But your leaguemate who is still holding out hope for a guy like Rod Streater or Jared abberdaris should be making the switch.   

(RotoWire) Marshall has been diagnosed with an MCL injury, and he could be held out in Week 3 against the Chiefs, NJ.com reports. Analysis: Marshall suffered the injury last Thursday against the Bills, and while he was able to return to the game after getting checked out, and it's not a dreaded torn ACL, the team is still going to be cautious with their top wideout. If he is unable to play, Eric Decker and Quincy Enunwa will likely get more targets, with running backs Matt Forte and Bilal Powell also possibilities.

(RotoWire) Marshall has been diagnosed with an MCL injury, and he could be held out in Week 3 against the Chiefs, NJ.com reports. Analysis: Marshall suffered the injury last Thursday against the Bills, and while he was able to return to the game after getting checked out, and it's not a dreaded torn ACL, the team is still going to be cautious with their top wideout. If he is unable to play, Eric Decker and Quincy Enunwa will likely get more targets, with running backs Matt Forte and Bilal Powell also possibilities.
I'm not sure this helps Enunwa who was productive as the 3rd option. It will be a different situation without Marshall on the field. It might help, but would feel better if things were roughly the same setup as the last two games. I wasn't planning to start him anyway but if he starts as the #2 option it will be interesting to see how he performs. The "other" Marshall will get a big bump, however. 

I'm not sure this helps Enunwa who was productive as the 3rd option. It will be a different situation without Marshall on the field. It might help, but would feel better if things were roughly the same setup as the last two games. I wasn't planning to start him anyway but if he starts as the #2 option it will be interesting to see how he performs. The "other" Marshall will get a big bump, however. 
Perhaps, but just on sheer volume on an offense that is really airing it out, I think it gives Enunwa a bump.

Fwiw I'll be starting Enunwa in two leagues.  I don't see him taking marshall's targets any more than most good TEs take additional targets when the top wr gets injured.  Happens, but it's not the role they're taking. 

I do agree that Jalin becomes an interesting play. 

Player

TM

Wk1

Wk2

Targ

T/TmG

T/G

REC

YD

Y/R

TD

Rec%

Brandon Marshall

NYJ

Eric Decker

NYJ

Quincy Enunwa

NYJ

Jalin Marshall

NYJ

Kenbrell Thompkins

NYJ

dnp

Devin Smith

NYJ

Charone Peake

NYJ

Robby Anderson

NYJ

Target stats for the first two games for the Jets WRs.

I agree that J. Marshall should see an uptick and there will be more screens to Forte/Powell, but I don't see how Brandon's targets aren't divvied up between Decker and Enunwa. There are no other viable passing options.

ETA: look at that reception/target rate for Enunwa - yikes.

Player

TM

Wk1

Wk2

Targ

T/TmG

T/G

REC

YD

Y/R

TD

Rec%

Brandon Marshall

NYJ

Eric Decker

NYJ

Quincy Enunwa

NYJ

Jalin Marshall

NYJ

Kenbrell Thompkins

NYJ

dnp

Devin Smith

NYJ

Charone Peake

NYJ

Robby Anderson

NYJ

Target stats for the first two games for the Jets WRs.

I agree that J. Marshall should see an uptick and there will be more screens to Forte/Powell, but I don't see how Brandon's targets aren't divvied up between Decker and Enunwa. There are no other viable passing options.

ETA: look at that reception/target rate for Enunwa - yikes.
It's higher than Marshall's and Deckers.  It's a Fitzpatrick thing, not an Enunwa thing in case anyone was worried.

Fwiw I'll be starting Enunwa in two leagues.  I don't see him taking marshall's targets any more than most good TEs take additional targets when the top wr gets injured.  Happens, but it's not the role they're taking. 

I do agree that Jalin becomes an interesting play. 
I'm waiting to see how bad that rib injury is before I start him.

Enunwa would likely stay in his same role (pseudo-TE working the middle of the field) while Jalin Marshall moves into Bradon's outside slot.

Users who are viewing this thread