What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A-List Celebrity To Be Outed As A Sexual Predator (2 Viewers)

There are obviously lots of gray areas and slippery slopes around this topic. It's all very unfortunate. The Hardwick case is tough, this woman was obviously damaged when they got together. She mentioned that she had an eating disorder and family issues so she came into it very vulnerable and impressionable(still in her early 20's). He took advantage of that and used her insecurities to control her. She is still a victim IMO, I don't think she went into this expecting to be treated the way she was, list or no list. He was a predator praying on weakened pray in the herd. Illegal, maybe not but he's definitely guilty of being a crap human being.  :2cents:

Dude, she specifically stated in her article that within 2 weeks he was giving her rules.  She signed up for whatever "abuse" you think he did to her.  2 weeks in and yet she stays.  Thats 100% all on her.  Like the Aziz story its total BS that someones rep is just drug through the mud in the name of a scorned woman.  Its so ridiculous that it has gotten to this point.
You are blaming the victim here. If you read what she wrote, she talks about seeing signs of light or digging hoping to find water or wanting him to love her, that's what emotional abuse is. 

Aziz story (essentially one bad date) is on a completely different level than 3 years of continuous abuse and treating her like a piece of meat there solely to satisfy him. 

You are blaming the victim here. If you read what she wrote, she talks about seeing signs of light or digging hoping to find water or wanting him to love her, that's what emotional abuse is. 

Aziz story (essentially one bad date) is on a completely different level than 3 years of continuous abuse and treating her like a piece of meat there solely to satisfy him. 
I am blaming her as she needs to be blamed and made an example out of.  He laid out the terms from the jump.  She choose to stay.  Its that simple.  You also are taking everything she wrote as gospel.  Of course she is going to write everything out to skew the emotional response from people to fall on her side.

I hope one day to meet my soulmate...some woman who is smoking hot, makes a ton of money and wants me purely for sex, all day everyday. 

Henry - as one of our resident legal experts is there anything in this Hardwick story that seems criminal?  Guy is a douchenozzle but curious if it rises to anything beyond that.
This wasn't posed to me but (unfortunately?) this is right in my wheelhouse.  

I agree with Henry that I didn't see anything blatantly criminal (at least as it pertains to my jurisdiction). I will say, however, that the story does allude to sexual activity that blurs the line of consent.  

What's the purpose on publicly coming out on these matters?

If Chris Hardwick was Frank O Brien, Assistant Manager at Footlocker would this woman post on twitter? Take a full page ad in local paper?

I get confronting your abuser or talking to your close friends or family about this but what is the general reasoning behind;  I need to let the world know i was in a bad relationship so here are all the details. 
I hate these situations.  I hate them mainly because there are real situations where this sort of disgusting abuse occurs. I also hate them because there are cases where an ex will say anything to get back at the other. I further hate them because there are some cases where it could be a mix of both; or, some minor facet of one that's being embellished. 

But mostly I hate them because proving or figuring out what the truth was is, in many cases, impossible. 

His response is terrible, it doesn't address half the issues she raises. He is an #######, there's no reason not to believe her and it's a terrible case to take a "all the men being persecuted" stand on. 
What was his response? I didn't see that anywhere. 

What's the purpose on publicly coming out on these matters?

If Chris Hardwick was Frank O Brien, Assistant Manager at Footlocker would this woman post on twitter? Take a full page ad in local paper?

I get confronting your abuser or talking to your close friends or family about this but what is the general reasoning behind;  I need to let the world know i was in a bad relationship so here are all the details. 
I think it's more as a way to hurt the person who hurt you back.  In your example, you'd be lucky if 5 people who saw it knew who the #### Frank O'Brien was so it loses a lot of its effectiveness.  Someone like Chris Hardwick, this is a kick in the nuts.

Hardwick this is stuff that doesn’t seem like our business being relegated to news.
I agree with this completely. While it sounds bad for him, he wasn't abusing his position to get sex. The #metoo movement is about people who were pressured sexually by someone that it would be hard for the victim to say no to because of who the abuser is. An adult over a child. A boss over an employee. A movie producer over an actress. A congressman over a government worker. A bad relationship isn't even the same context, even if the relationship was bad because of some kind of abuse. 

I think its funny all the white knights tend to disappear when the facts come out.
Nothing here changes my mind. I don't think anyone argued anything criminal happened and Hardwick's statement said that she tried to get back together with him. 

That doesn't affect me saying he emotionally abused her and he's an #######. So unless there were other facts I missed, I'll say it again for all the victim blamers, #### Chris Hardwick

Nothing here changes my mind. I don't think anyone argued anything criminal happened and Hardwick's statement said that she tried to get back together with him. 

That doesn't affect me saying he emotionally abused her and he's an #######. So unless there were other facts I missed, I'll say it again for all the victim blamers, #### Chris Hardwick
Do you know him well enough to make this call?  Do you know him at all?  

How do you know who the victim is here?

Do you know him well enough to make this call?  Do you know him at all?  

How do you know who the victim is here?
Are you ####### kidding me? She gives a long, detailed, thorough history of abuse over many years and Hardwick responds with "but, but, but she cheated on me" and now he's the victim?

When the news broke on Twitter there were people corroborating the story and a whole lot of noise about it being a poorly kept secret. 

Robert Kazinsky was one - https://twitter.com/RobertKazinsky/status/1007837986833121280?s=19

Look, I'm sorry that the guys you love because he likes the same star wars movies as you turned out to be an ####### who carefully crafted his public persona but you're just going to have to find a new trophy nerd. 

Last edited by a moderator:

So he abused her but 7 months later she begged to get back with him?  Yeah that totally checks out.  Just admit you are wrong and move on.  No sense in dying on this hill

Are you ####### kidding me? She gives a long, detailed, thorough history of abuse over many years and Hardwick responds with "but, but, but she cheated on me" and now he's the victim?

When the news broke on Twitter there were people corroborating the story and a whole lot of noise about it being a poorly kept secret. 

Robert Kazinsky was one - https://twitter.com/RobertKazinsky/status/1007837986833121280?s=19

Look, I'm sorry that the guys you love because he likes the same star wars movies as you turned out to be an ####### who carefully crafted his public persona but you're just going to have to find a new trophy nerd. 
I don't even know who this guy is.  

You seem to be pretty comfortable leveling some pretty serious judgement based on... twitter?  This appears to be common these days, people all in on others over something they read on the internet.  Kinda weird, kinda scary.

eta - I just googled him.. never heard of him.  

eta again - no idea who robert kazinsky is either.  :lmao:

So he abused her but 7 months later she begged to get back with him?  Yeah that totally checks out.  Just admit you are wrong and move on.  No sense in dying on this hill
Have you ever met someone who has been physically and emotionally abused? What you describe (staying/returning to the abuser) is unfortunately very common. 

you got another link about it being a "poorly kept secret"?

You are a total joke dude

Sorry, im not on anyones side who gets support from the unibomber.

Have you ever met someone who has been physically and emotionally abused? What you describe (staying/returning to the abuser) is unfortunately very common. 
okey dokey and the texts have no significance do they?  Keep creating this false world in which you are right.  Just admit you are wrong.  There is no shame in that.

I don't even know who this guy is.  

You seem to be pretty comfortable leveling some pretty serious judgement based on... twitter?  This appears to be common these days, people all in on others over something they read on the internet.  Kinda weird, kinda scary.

eta - I just googled him.. never heard of him.
No most of this thread is discrediting, disbelieving, judging and piling on the victim of his abuse, which is indeed very scary for society 

I hate these situations.  I hate them mainly because there are real situations where this sort of disgusting abuse occurs. I also hate them because there are cases where an ex will say anything to get back at the other. I further hate them because there are some cases where it could be a mix of both; or, some minor facet of one that's being embellished. 

But mostly I hate them because proving or figuring out what the truth was is, in many cases, impossible. 
This is so true. Only two people know exactly what happened in the Hardwick/Dykstra relationship. It seems to be a question of who you choose to believe.

The only defense I have seen from Hardwick is that Chloe was sending him texts asking about getting back together after they split. This doesn't make Dykstra's claims false. With things like the Stockholm Syndrome occurring in the world, it is obvious that victims of physical and mental abuse can still have feelings for their abuser/captor even after they escape.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

None of that changes or forgives the rest of the relationship. 
Holy hell dude, if she was lying about one thing, dont you think maybe just maybe she might lie about the other stuff?  This isnt rocket science.   What proof is there on her end that he did any of the stuff she says?  He on the other hand has proof that solidifies his story.  Why are you making this hard?  You are looking really elementary right now.

Holy hell dude, if she was lying about one thing, dont you think maybe just maybe she might lie about the other stuff?  This isnt rocket science.   What proof is there on her end that he did any of the stuff she says?  He on the other hand has proof that solidifies his story.  Why are you making this hard?  You are looking really elementary right now.
He has proof of nothing but how the relationship ended and there is no reason not to believe her account, aside I suppose, from the fact that she's a woman and he's a man. 

Robert Kazinsky has been dating her just to put that out there.

Also - her Instagram account doesn’t exactly line up with a number of her accusations.

Do you really not even know what you're arguing about? 

https://medium.com/@skydart/rose-colored-glasses-6be0594970ca
Unfortunately, there was a slight crossover: a kiss. A kiss I immediately told him about, and he, surprisingly, instantly forgave me. Turned a total 180. He begged me not to leave him, even told me he was planning to propose; despite stating previously he had no intention to marry me. I knew this all stemmed from his fear of being alone (He actually got engaged very shortly after I left him) so luckily I remained strong in my resolve to leave him, despite my only desire for three years being that he loved me the way I loved him.

Sorry, NV....but #### Chloe Dykstra.

She's doing far more harm to Hardwick than what he deserves. She's a bitter ex.

Unfortunately, there was a slight crossover: a kiss. A kiss I immediately told him about, and he, surprisingly, instantly forgave me. Turned a total 180. He begged me not to leave him, even told me he was planning to propose; despite stating previously he had no intention to marry me. I knew this all stemmed from his fear of being alone (He actually got engaged very shortly after I left him) so luckily I remained strong in my resolve to leave him, despite my only desire for three years being that he loved me the way I loved him.
I can't make you believe her. 

Sorry, NV....but #### Chloe Dykstra.

She's doing far more harm to Hardwick than what he deserves. She's a bitter ex.
It clearly seems he's winning the PR war by attacking her in his apology and leaking those text messages but I don't believe that's enough to not believe the victim's story. 

I believe I am asking you if you have any personal knowledge that would allow you to make a credible accusation of this magnitude, or to claim such an accusation is credible.

You seem to be arguing.  Which is not the same as answering the question.
It's not my accusation to make. I have no reason not to believe her account. 

Northern Voice said:
It's not my accusation to make. I have no reason not to believe her account. 
Aside from knowing nothing else about it?

At all?

Based on a tweet or instagram post?

Northern Voice said:
Do you really not even know what you're arguing about? 
Backtracking to this post of yours.

You realize this is the point, I hope?  That we don't know what we are talking about?  

Aside from knowing nothing else about it?

At all?
I know that the overwhelming majority of accounts of abuse (95+ % ) are true and should be treated as such unless there is overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Sorry that some breakup texts don't qualify.  It's not about the breakup, it's about the abuse. 

Backtracking to this post of yours.

You realize this is the point, I hope?  That we don't know what we are talking about?  
We know enough, even if only 70% is true, to say "#### Chris Hardwick" and "Chris Hardwick is an #######" which all I've been saying from the start. I'm not asking for a court of law. 

If you read her account and think anything but "this guy is a ####" or worse if you think "I don't believer her", we're probably not going to get anywhere here anyway.  

Users who are viewing this thread