Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
spider321

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread

44 minutes ago, RC94 said:

It partially depends on the scoring, but in most superflex and 2 QB leagues I'm in or friends are in, the top QBs will all be gone by 1.10, including Jones and Lock.  Haskins has been the 1.02 pick in some superflex leagues.

Any chance that 1.10 gets you Rosen?  If you are a fan of course...might come cheap if the owner is down on him.

You really want to have at least 2 starting NFL QBs in a superflex league. It's hard to have much success if you're getting 11 ppg from your 4th WR while other teams are getting 17 ppg from their 2nd QB.

Haskins should be a top 3 rookie pick in superflex, IMO (though he went 4th in the Shark Pool poll). It's worth at least exploring trade-up options.

• Like 1

Just now, battlestar said:

Any chance that 1.10 gets you Rosen?  If you are a fan of course...might come cheap if the owner is down on him.

I wouldn't trade Rosen for 1.10 in a superflex, but I guess some people are more down on him and would consider it.  It's hard to say for sure without more info about the league and teams involved.

9 minutes ago, RC94 said:

I wouldn't trade Rosen for 1.10 in a superflex, but I guess some people are more down on him and would consider it.  It's hard to say for sure without more info about the league and teams involved.

I think it's worth a shot as another way to possibly get a starting QB, which is a must in Superflex in my experience.  It's tough to draft them, good to great one's especially unless you are drafting earlier than 1.10 in most years and this year's QB's have many questions after the first few.  Trading, though tricky in Superflex can sometimes be a better alternative to the draft, especially if you are a little more desperate for a starter.

1 hour ago, battlestar said:

I think it's worth a shot as another way to possibly get a starting QB, which is a must in Superflex in my experience.  It's tough to draft them, good to great one's especially unless you are drafting earlier than 1.10 in most years and this year's QB's have many questions after the first few.  Trading, though tricky in Superflex can sometimes be a better alternative to the draft, especially if you are a little more desperate for a starter.

Thanks for the input guys. I had tried to acquire Rosen, Carr or Mariota prior to the start of our rookie draft with no luck. The guy with the 1.07 pick was OTC and offered me Agholor and the 1.07 for my 2019 2.10 pick and my 2020 1st. I was considering countering with my 2019 1.10 and 2019 2.10 and I would take Haskins at 1.07. But I countered with 2019 1.10 pick straight up for Rosen and he accepted it.

He then took Montgomery at 1.07, AJ Brown went at 1.08 and Haskins went at 1.09.

2 hours ago, northern exposure said:

Thanks for the input guys. I had tried to acquire Rosen, Carr or Mariota prior to the start of our rookie draft with no luck. The guy with the 1.07 pick was OTC and offered me Agholor and the 1.07 for my 2019 2.10 pick and my 2020 1st. I was considering countering with my 2019 1.10 and 2019 2.10 and I would take Haskins at 1.07. But I countered with 2019 1.10 pick straight up for Rosen and he accepted it.

He then took Montgomery at 1.07, AJ Brown went at 1.08 and Haskins went at 1.09.

Sweet.  Love that for you.  Cheap for a potential long term starter. Even functional starters maintain value in superflex.

1 minute ago, battlestar said:

Sweet.  Love that for you.  Cheap for a potential long term starter. Even functional starters maintain value in superflex.

Yeah I'm happy. The guy that got 1.10 from me flipped it for a 2020 1st. I really like that deal for him.

7 minutes ago, northern exposure said:

Yeah I'm happy. The guy that got 1.10 from me flipped it for a 2020 1st. I really like that deal for him.

Agreed

18 minutes ago, hispeedthinmint said:

Price check on Ingram in PPR?

I gave up Ingram and pick 12 to move up to pick 6 prior to the draft.  So that feels like some kind of 2nd round pick?

13 hours ago, northern exposure said:

I wonder if he was playing chicken with Haskins and lost him.  This is a perfect example of "you should have traded down instead of reaching for a guy" might play out against you and why I am always perfectly comfortable just taking my guy and not worrying about what others think. 

Personally I would have countered with your 2020 1st for 1.07 and Rosen both.  Draft Haskins 1.07 and then see whoever is still there at 1.10.  Second choice would have been 2.10 and 1.10 for 1.07 for Haskins and if you can finagle a pick back like a 3rd great but w/e.  You can't not have QB in a superflex and Haskins still being on the board is absurd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hispeedthinmint said:

I'd say about 1.6. But I am very much of the opinion, that the draft falls off after pick 5. The rookie pick polls sort of back that up, as there was a consensus top-5(in various orders) and then a complete cluster afterwards, in my eyes anyway.

I'd rather have Ingram than Campbell, Hardman, Brown(either), Hockenson, or Murray. He's basically a more proven, and older, Damian Williams, in that he may not be a great long term investment, but could be a league winner this year if things break right.

3 hours ago, hispeedthinmint said:

I gave the 2.4 and Jonnu Smith for him a few weeks ago. 

3 hours ago, travdogg said:

I'd say about 1.6. But I am very much of the opinion, that the draft falls off after pick 5. The rookie pick polls sort of back that up, as there was a consensus top-5(in various orders) and then a complete cluster afterwards, in my eyes anyway.

I'd rather have Ingram than Campbell, Hardman, Brown(either), Hockenson, or Murray. He's basically a more proven, and older, Damian Williams, in that he may not be a great long term investment, but could be a league winner this year if things break right.

5? I see it as a top 4.  Jacobs, Harry, Sanders, Montgomery. Who's your 5th?

32 minutes ago, hispeedthinmint said:

Wow, cheap. I will hold then lol

I think he’s worth more than that, @Ratbone got away with one there. Like many vet wr2/rb2 I think you can hope for something around 1.07, but I think he probably gains value in season or closer to the start. Maybe a player like Lockett or Godwin?

24 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

5? I see it as a top 4.  Jacobs, Harry, Sanders, Montgomery. Who's your 5th?

Metcalf, and I think he probably has the highest ceiling of the bunch, although also likely the lowest floor.

3 minutes ago, travdogg said:

Metcalf, and I think he probably has the highest ceiling of the bunch, although also likely the lowest floor.

I've seen him go in the 6-9 range in a handful of drafts. Generally doesn't slide further though.

4 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

I wonder if he was playing chicken with Haskins and lost him.  This is a perfect example of "you should have traded down instead of reaching for a guy" might play out against you and why I am always perfectly comfortable just taking my guy and not worrying about what others think. 

Personally I would have countered with your 2020 1st for 1.07 and Rosen both.  Draft Haskins 1.07 and then see whoever is still there at 1.10.  Second choice would have been 2.10 and 1.10 for 1.07 for Haskins and if you can finagle a pick back like a 3rd great but w/e.  You can't not have QB in a superflex and Haskins still being on the board is absurd.

His only QBs were Luck, Josh Allen and Rosen, so I was surprised he gave up Rosen for just 1.10. I think after he took Montgomery at 1.07 he had to be thinking Haskins would fall to him at 1.10. Once Haskins went at 1.09, he immediately flipped 1.10 for a projected late 2020 1st.

I took over an orphaned team and I think the previous owner lucked into the playoffs with smoke and mirrors and realized his lack of QBs in a SF format meant he would not be repeating his success, so he bailed.

In hindsight I probably panicked with my counter offer. I have had zero success talking trade for a QB in this league and once it looked like the Rosen owner might be willing to deal, I rushed my counter offer. I was worried about the guy at 1.09 taking Haskins because he is stockpiling QBs with Jimmy G, Darnold, Mahomes,Watson and now Haskins on his roster. I prefer Rosen to Haskins, so think I did alright with the trade.

I'm new to this league and the SuperFlex format, so I have a lot to learn.

Wasn't trying to be critical, I think Rosen for 1.10 was a steal too.  But I would have been aggressive (which you still might be able to be) trying to get both, that's all.

1 hour ago, Hankmoody said:

Wasn't trying to be critical, I think Rosen for 1.10 was a steal too.  But I would have been aggressive (which you still might be able to be) trying to get both, that's all.

I was being critical of myself. I am happy with the Rosen trade, but in hindsight I wish I would have been more patient and negotiated a bit with the owner. You were just pointing out options I have already kicked myself for not suggesting and seeing where they went.

How do you feel I still might be able to be aggressive? Any talks I had with the new Haskins owner involving his other QBs, prior to the draft, had his asking price for any of his QBs starting at 3-4 1st round picks.

Edited by northern exposure

2020 1sts are gold right now.  I have a draft getting ready to start and I plan on offering mine up.  I don't know where you project yours to be, but I was thinking you would offer it for Haskins +.  People are reporting giving up 1.04 for a random 2020.  If the guy got Haskins at 9 he may feel like he's playing with house money, and if a 2020 opens up he may overpay.  I wouldn't sell cheap or desperate though.  At the risk of this becoming an AC post I would suffice it to say I'm looking for top 5 value. 

1 hour ago, Hankmoody said:

2020 1sts are gold right now.  I have a draft getting ready to start and I plan on offering mine up.  I don't know where you project yours to be, but I was thinking you would offer it for Haskins +.  People are reporting giving up 1.04 for a random 2020.  If the guy got Haskins at 9 he may feel like he's playing with house money, and if a 2020 opens up he may overpay.  I wouldn't sell cheap or desperate though.  At the risk of this becoming an AC post I would suffice it to say I'm looking for top 5 value. 

Thanks. I appreciate the input.

2 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

After Jacobs/harry/Montgomery/Sanders a random 2020 1st is a lot more valuable.  Even if a team looks good things happen.  I'd easily take 1.10 in 2020 over whoever is available at 1.05 this year.  Anything better is pure gravy.

11 hours ago, ILUVBEER99 said:

After Jacobs/harry/Montgomery/Sanders a random 2020 1st is a lot more valuable.  Even if a team looks good things happen.  I'd easily take 1.10 in 2020 over whoever is available at 1.05 this year.  Anything better is pure gravy. 

I don't agree at all but you'll note I didn't suggest trading 2020 1st for a single pick this year.  And this is a SF we are discussing, so Haskins ranks right about 1.03 here, and my suggestion was to offer it for Haskins+. 

14 minutes ago, hispeedthinmint said:

Who would most of you rather have this year & beyond in PPR; Evans or D. Adams?

this year, Adams, beyond, Evans 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, hispeedthinmint said:

Who would most of you rather have this year & beyond in PPR; Evans or D. Adams?

Evans. I think he will be the #1 Wr this year. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ratbone said:

Evans. I think he will be the #1 Wr this year. 

I’m also really excited about Evans in Bruce arians scheme. 

• Like 2

Can I get  price  check on Sammy Watkins in terms of present or future picks?

Worth more or less than new dynasty darling Mecole Hardman?

Always have a hard time valuing Sammy...this year seems as tough as ever.

2 hours ago, Arodin said:

Can I get  price  check on Sammy Watkins in terms of present or future picks?

Worth more or less than new dynasty darling Mecole Hardman?

Always have a hard time valuing Sammy...this year seems as tough as ever.

I’m doing a dispersal right now and he went before Corey Davis, Allen Robinson, and rashad penny. I guess there are some people that really like his opportunity. 

*also before pick 1.05

Edited by Snorkelson

49 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

I’m doing a dispersal right now and he went before Corey Davis, Allen Robinson, and rashad penny. I guess there are some people that really like his opportunity. 

*also before pick 1.05

Yeah, gross.  (Besides ARob, those two are equally overrated.)

41 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

Watkins Davis penny Arob what is this an overrated contest?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, northern exposure said:

Price check on Darnold, Newton and Prescott in SuperFlex?

Darnold should command top10 QB prices, probably not top5 but high enough that it would require someone of note.  My guess would be someone near the 30's-40's in startups.  A top tiered rookie pick (there are none this year), or multiple rookie picks.  Otherwise I think he's worth holding onto.  

Newton scares me a bit more with his shoulder and the way he plays so I'm a bit lower on him.  Wouldn't blame anyone for cashing out for what they can get, but his value is probably lower because of all that and doesn't fetch the high price he probably should.  ADP wise I'd say someone in the 50's would possibly get me to sell him but again it might not be worth it.  That's roughly a top5 rookie pick to me.  

Prescott I like a lot but he's a QB2 in superflex and not a QB1.  I'd pay someone in the 80's or later I think and I'd put him around early 2nd.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, northern exposure said:

Price check on Darnold, Newton and Prescott in SuperFlex?

DLF has superflex rankings and they have Darnold at 44, Newton at 21, and Prescott at 46.

1 hour ago, thriftyrocker said:

DLF has superflex rankings and they have Darnold at 44, Newton at 21, and Prescott at 46.

I don’t play superflex at all but how are starting QBs ranked so low below 32? Prescott is really worse that 14 backup QBs? I must be reading that wrong. 

ETA: must be overall ranking I guess. Duh. 

Edited by joey

To the folks that prefer Adams over Evans in PPR, what would have to be added to the Evans side for you to trade Adams? The Evans owner really wants Adams from me, but he's not bridging the gap enough by offering me either Gus Edwards or Breida with Evans.

15 hours ago, SayWhat? said:

Corey Davis is pretty overrated himself.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zyphros said:

Darnold should command top10 QB prices, probably not top5 but high enough that it would require someone of note.  My guess would be someone near the 30's-40's in startups.  A top tiered rookie pick (there are none this year), or multiple rookie picks.  Otherwise I think he's worth holding onto.  

Newton scares me a bit more with his shoulder and the way he plays so I'm a bit lower on him.  Wouldn't blame anyone for cashing out for what they can get, but his value is probably lower because of all that and doesn't fetch the high price he probably should.  ADP wise I'd say someone in the 50's would possibly get me to sell him but again it might not be worth it.  That's roughly a top5 rookie pick to me.  

Prescott I like a lot but he's a QB2 in superflex and not a QB1.  I'd pay someone in the 80's or later I think and I'd put him around early 2nd.  

Darnold showed potential last year but he certainly has not produced enough to be considered a top 10 QB.  I would put him somewhere between QB 12 and QB16.

For comp value I would put him in the range of Tyler Boyd or Kenyan Drake.

9 minutes ago, az_prof said:

Darnold showed potential last year but he certainly has not produced enough to be considered a top 10 QB.  I would put him somewhere between QB 12 and QB16.

For comp value I would put him in the range of Tyler Boyd or Kenyan Drake.

The only guys I can for sure rank ahead of Darnold are this list:

Pat Mahomes, Andrew Luck, Deshaun Watson, Baker Mayfield, Russell Wilson, and Carson Wentz.  

Other possibles would include:

Aaron Rodgers, Jared Goff, Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, and then if you think their rushing is sustainable, Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson

That's 6 for sure's ahead of him, 6 that are questionable, at least to me.  There's a very real possibility that he settles in as a Stafford/Cousins/Dak kind of QB that sits in the middle of the road, but there's no point in selling him for that if you're the owner.  Stafford had a few elite seasons, Cousins has some top10 finishes to his name as well.  Darnold has age on his side and showed he belongs with god awful weapons last year.  He should be viewed as a top10 QB in superflex.  

47 minutes ago, hispeedthinmint said:

To the folks that prefer Adams over Evans in PPR, what would have to be added to the Evans side for you to trade Adams? The Evans owner really wants Adams from me, but he's not bridging the gap enough by offering me either Gus Edwards or Breida with Evans.

This seems like something to discuss in the AC forum and not here. They are close enough in value that it could be a straight up swap trade

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gabes1919 said:

This seems like something to discuss in the AC forum and not here. They are close enough in value that it could be a straight up swap trade

I prefer Evans to Adams myself but do see this as a "six of one, half dozen of the other" kind of situation.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

Pat Mahomes, Andrew Luck, Deshaun Watson, Baker Mayfield, Russell Wilson, and Carson Wentz.  

Aaron Rodgers, Jared Goff, Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, and then if you think their rushing is sustainable, Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson

That's 6 for sure's ahead of him, 6 that are questionable, at least to me.  There's a very real possibility that he settles in as a Stafford/Cousins/Dak kind of QB that sits in the middle of the road, but there's no point in selling him for that if you're the owner.  Stafford had a few elite seasons, Cousins has some top10 finishes to his name as well.  Darnold has age on his side and showed he belongs with god awful weapons last year.  He should be viewed as a top10 QB in superflex.  

I don't disagree with your valuation, but wanted to chime in and say it's the perfect time to sell Darnold in a superflex because of the same reasons. I think the fact that QB are so hard to replace makes it very much apropos to swap him for a low QB1. Dak is exactly the type of QB you should sell in 1QB, and exactly the type of QB you should buy in Superflex. That is, because he is acquirable, gives reliable good to great production, and still has a long career ahead of him. Darnold is not guaranteed to be a long term NFL starter yet, and if you don't think his chance of being "perennial top 5" elite is high, i would move him for someone who can be depended on. The difference between Dak/Cousins/Stafford and Tannehill/Bortles is huge for your team's success. The only thing worse than not having 2 QB in Superflex is perennially blowing high draft picks on mediocre QB prospects.

59 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

Would you take Darnold over Kyler Murray?

17 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

*also before pick 1.05

I'd take Watkins over 1.5, or Penny. He's still only 26, and has the best QB, and situation of his career. 

22 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

this year, Adams, beyond, Evans 

Why Evans beyond? He and Adams are roughly the same age, and Evans QB is unlikely to ever be better than Adams.

I prefer Adams either way.

2 hours ago, Zow said:

Would you take Darnold over Kyler Murray?

I have them ranked back to back currently at QB9 and 10.  Kyler gets the edge for me, but that might be a bold stance.  I don't really do eval's of QB's so I defer to people who know what to look for and those people seem to be rather high on him.  He's a better version of Lamar Jackson to me, in what seems to be a better offense with better weapons.  

19 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

Kyler gets the edge for me, but that might be a bold stance.

It would be bold if you felt otherwise.

• Like 1