Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: QB Mitch Trubisky, Bears

Recommended Posts

On 15/05/2018 at 5:38 AM, Milkman said:

Goff is a top 5 QB for me. My rankings don't look like FBG's though......like Engram is a top 10 dynasty asset to me.....he's probably not top 30 on FBG's board. 

Trubisky reminds me of Aaron Rodgers with his accuracy.  

Couldn’t agree with you more on each of those statements. I really believe Trubisky is the most underrated player in fantasy, especially dynasty. I don’t think top 7 is a stretch at all - I’d rather have him right now than Watson who seems to be in everyone’s top 4. I’d take him over Wentz too but I realise that would sound crazy to most. I have Goff higher than the consensus as well.

I think the dynasty community is a bit slow to adjust with guys like this who there was no hype over - the groupthink last year was that Trubisky was more of a project, having only started a year in college and the Bears overpayed to trade up for him. There is some hype for the Bears offense and Trubisky by extension but you can tell people don’t really have faith in him. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super high on him going into this season. I think we are possibly looking at the next Aaron Rodgers. Excited about the players and coaching staff they brought in. Like Cohen. I think Trubisky makes a big leap this year. 

 

Buy him this offseason while you can for cheap. Most people don't believe. 

Edited by Milkman
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Milkman said:

Super high on him going into this season. I think we are possibly looking at the next Aaron Rodgers. Excited about the players and coaching staff they brought in. Like Cohen. I think Trubisky makes a big leap this year. 

 

Buy him this offseason while you can for cheap. Most people don't believe. 

Mighty high praise after not showing much last season. Just curious on why you are so excited about him? TIA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, King of the Jungle said:

Mighty high praise after not showing much last season. Just curious on why you are so excited about him? TIA.

Yeah his bulk stats weren't great but he was in a terrible situation. If you watch his tape he made a lot of throws that very few QB can make. Incredibly accurate at times. He just needs help and a little more time to put it all together........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bearish on Nagy as a first-time HC..he made some pretty bad play calls in the playoff loss to Tenn last season. he's made other boneheaded moves along the way. how KC started so hot and finished so cold is not just Andy Reid, but it also falls on the OC. 

There's just too much love for Nagy and Matt LeFleur for my liking, people are talking them up like they're the greatest thing since sliced bread. Chicago is still a mess, albeit with an improving defense..but who will MT throw to? bunch of avertage-Joes  on that roster. I dont see the improvement people are talking about. it'll likely be small steps.tough deivision, GB back in the mix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tanner9919 said:

Bearish on Nagy as a first-time HC..he made some pretty bad play calls in the playoff loss to Tenn last season. he's made other boneheaded moves along the way. how KC started so hot and finished so cold is not just Andy Reid, but it also falls on the OC. 

There's just too much love for Nagy and Matt LeFleur for my liking, people are talking them up like they're the greatest thing since sliced bread. Chicago is still a mess, albeit with an improving defense..but who will MT throw to? bunch of avertage-Joes  on that roster. I dont see the improvement people are talking about. it'll likely be small steps.tough deivision, GB back in the mix.

IMO CHI was very aggressive in improving the receiving targets. Adding ARob, Gabriel, Miller, and Burton shows an effort to improve the group. They were in the position where they needed to take chances on some guys which they did. ARob has had an elite year, Gabriel has produced, Miller has upside, and Burton has shown playmaking ability. Nothing happens overnight but I appreciate how aggressive they were in attempting to upgrade a poor unit. Time will tell if it pays off but at least they are trying.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I, too, see the young Aaron Rodgers comparisons.  I just traded Goff for him in my dynasty league, whose value is heavily tied to Gurley imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, King of the Jungle said:

IMO CHI was very aggressive in improving the receiving targets. Adding ARob, Gabriel, Miller, and Burton shows an effort to improve the group. They were in the position where they needed to take chances on some guys which they did. ARob has had an elite year, Gabriel has produced, Miller has upside, and Burton has shown playmaking ability. Nothing happens overnight but I appreciate how aggressive they were in attempting to upgrade a poor unit. Time will tell if it pays off but at least they are trying.

Both Arob and Gabriel are SPARQ freaks too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tanner9919 said:

Bearish on Nagy as a first-time HC..he made some pretty bad play calls in the playoff loss to Tenn last season. he's made other boneheaded moves along the way. how KC started so hot and finished so cold is not just Andy Reid, but it also falls on the OC. 

There's just too much love for Nagy and Matt LeFleur for my liking, people are talking them up like they're the greatest thing since sliced bread. Chicago is still a mess, albeit with an improving defense..but who will MT throw to? bunch of avertage-Joes  on that roster. I dont see the improvement people are talking about. it'll likely be small steps.tough deivision, GB back in the mix.

Bunch of average Joes on the roster? What world are you in? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the Chicago Tribune, Mitchell Trubisky's early-camp performance could "best be described as inconsistent."

The Tribune's Rich Campbell says Trubisky's work both at spring practices and in the first few practices of training camp has been a "roller coaster on a play-to-play basis." Campbell cautions this isn't reason for alarm, but it's a reminder that Trubisky is learning an entirely new offense the second-year quarterback has admitted is much more complex than outgoing John Fox and Dowell Loggains' scheme. Trubisky should get more preseason-game reps than most quarterbacks. The Bears started camp early because they play the Ravens in the Hall of Fame Game on August 2.

Source: Chicago Tribune

Jul 22 - 5:03 PM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Faust said:

I am not convinced. Here are my take aways:

Nagy's offense is much better and gives Trubisky a chance to succeed.

The skill position players around Trubisky are better than last year (which was the worst in the NFL), but still are not great. I wasn't impressed by Allen Robinson or by Trey Burton.

Trubisky did not show me that he can make the deep throw accurately. Most of his passes were short dink and dunk type routes.

He may turn out to be an ok NFL QB, but I am not seeing a guy with the ability to be a fantasy stud.

The Bear's D was really good until Mack got tired out in the second half.  Jordan Howard is the engine of this offense.  The Bears need to play a full defensive game and run the ball to win. They will pass more than last year, but I don't see this team winning a lot by relying on Trubisky and his receivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, az_prof said:

I am not convinced. Here are my take aways:

Nagy's offense is much better and gives Trubisky a chance to succeed.

The skill position players around Trubisky are better than last year (which was the worst in the NFL), but still are not great. I wasn't impressed by Allen Robinson or by Trey Burton.

Trubisky did not show me that he can make the deep throw accurately. Most of his passes were short dink and dunk type routes.

He may turn out to be an ok NFL QB, but I am not seeing a guy with the ability to be a fantasy stud.

The Bear's D was really good until Mack got tired out in the second half.  Jordan Howard is the engine of this offense.  The Bears need to play a full defensive game and run the ball to win. They will pass more than last year, but I don't see this team winning a lot by relying on Trubisky and his receivers.

I'm a Trubisky truther so it was disappointing to see what happened last night. I think there is some cause for concern - he looked more uncomfortable as the game went on and wasn't good at all on the final couple of drives. I think some of the blame has to go with Nagy here though - he seemed to go pretty conservative and it looked like Trubisky went into his shell, trying to manage the game not to lose. That's not his game.

I still have faith, it's early - but based on that one game, I'm not sure Nagy is going to bring the kind of McVay level offensive turnaround that some of us expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mr. Brownstone said:


While it's just a snapshot of the play, this is a bit concerning.


Obviously the receiver was covered by the floating Star Trek robot right next to him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mitchell Trubisky wants to focus on "better pocket awareness, calm feet in the pocket (and) trusting his eyes."

The second game of the second year of his pro career seems like a good time to start focusing on these basic fundamentals. Trubisky was utterly horrendous against the Packers in Week 1, generating a pathetic 72 yards on 26 attempts after the first quarter. If anything, Trubisky might need to go more off script and make more plays outside the pocket and with his legs.

Source: Jeff Dickerson on Twitter 

Sep 13 - 1:25 PM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2018 at 2:53 PM, Joe Summer said:


Obviously the receiver was covered by the floating Star Trek robot right next to him.

watching the replay it appears the ball would have been broken up if not intercepted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Mitchell Trubisky completed 25-of-34 passes for 200 yards, two touchdowns, and two interceptions in the Bears' Week 2 win over the Seahawks.

It's been a disgusting start to the season for the sophomore, who is averaging a pitiful 5.4 YPA on his first 69 attempts. Only Sam Bradford's 4.0 YPA mark has been worse among qualified quarterbacks. Trubisky should have had a third interception in the end zone at the end of the first half, but CB Justin Coleman flat-out dropped it. Trubisky's first pick was a terribly underthrown sideline shot to Allen Robinson, while the other was a ball batted at the line of scrimmage. The touchdowns were a three-yard shovel pass to Trey Burton and an off-balance, 10-yarder to Anthony Miller. Trubisky flashes upside at rare times but mostly plays wildly inaccurate with a tendency to run. He's one of the worst fantasy quarterbacks and won't be on the radar next week in Arizona, even against that horrendous defense.

Sep 17 - 11:39 PM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Faust said:

 

What a ridiculously harsh blurb from Rotoworld. He hasn’t been great but he’s not a Hackenberg-like disaster out there. There are certain players who seem to get negative coverage no matter what and it looks like Rotoworld has decided Trubisky is worthy of that treatment. It may seem like nothing much but when the sports media decide you’re no good, it takes a lot to change that narrative.

Edited by RushHour
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RushHour said:

What a ridiculously harsh blurb from Rotoworld. He hasn’t been great but he’s not a Hackenberg-like disaster out there. There are certain players who seem to get negative coverage no matter what and it looks like Rotoworld has decided Trubisky is worthy of that treatment. It may seem like nothing much but when the sports media decide you’re no good, it takes a lot to change that narrative.

Yeah, that seemed a little over the top. I thought he's shown about as well as I expected. Inconsistent with flashes of serious potential. If he is playing like this to start 2019 then it's a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s now played more NFL games than college games that somehow made him the first QB taken. I haven’t seen “it” from the guy yet. The D is playing great and maybe that will continue to mask his average play. Mitch really needs a defining game where he wins it for the team in a clutch situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Expectations have been off the charts, as Trubisky was the second overall pick and is in an offense coordinated by Matt Nagy. These expectations have been heightened because of the other QBs, taken later in the draft that have had early success. Trubisky's lack of college experience is manifest during his starts- he seems committed to going through his progressions rather than improvising if the play allows for it, throwing to the open receiver. His trajectory, long term, I think is pretty good. I just think he will take longer than Mahomes and Watson. 

For NFL purposes, given the talent around him, I think he can lead this team into the playoffs sooner rather than later.

For fantasy purposes, I don't see him as a starter in 10 or 12 team leagues, but I think he profiles as an excellent QB 2 in these formats. In a 14 or 16 teamer, I think he is a legitimate starter. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was not impressed by him last night.  He made some really bad decisions.  I think Nagy was too cute with the play calling.  They should simplify it again, run Howard, even if he grinds out 2-3 yards per carry.  Swing it to Cohen. The creative stuff can be reduced to once or twice a half.  The defense will keep them in games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd take him over the 3 captain checkdowns: Bradford, Taylor & Smith. I'd also take him over Mariota because he can't finish a game without hurting his pinky. I'd take him over Prescott and over Winston if he ever plays again. I'd take him over a washed up Gomer Manning. I'd take him over Keenum. He's even with Tannehill but I'd take him since Tannehill has been doing the same thing for years and hasn't gotten better.

That makes him a low end ham and egger with potential to rise to the top of the ham & eggers, maybe more.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Mitchell Trubisky completed 19-of-26 passes for 354 yards and six touchdowns in the Bears' Week 4 win over the Buccaneers.

He also led the team with 53 yards rushing. Trubisky came only one-score short of tying the NFL record for most touchdown passes in a single game. It was the perfect storm for the second-year pro, who not only found milk carton candidates Trey Burton (2-86-1) and Tarik Cohen (7-121-1 receiving), but who was also helped by the Bucs' ineptitude on defense. Even Taylor Gabriel was involved in Chicago's efforts Sunday, recording a career-high 104 receiving yards and two scores. This can't possibly be expected from Trubisky moving forward, but it's certainly a positive that his yards per attempt have increased in every outing this season. Matt Nagy's offense should continue developing and clicking against the Dolphins after the bye.

Sep 30 - 4:02 PM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, tombonneau said:

Well that escalated quickly. Pretty stunning turnaround for Mitch. Looks to be life in this offense. (for everyone but Jordan Howard)

LOL it’s one game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea the bucs D SUCKS.  But, that only means that trubisky did what he was supposed to do to a bad D.  That is a good sign.  Had he thrown for 175 yards, 1 td, 1 INT, rt. now we’d all be saying “he is who we thought he is...not the answer at qb for CHI”.  

But now with this outburst we see his ceiling if he can put it all together with experience and more consistency.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.