What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Mitch Trubisky, BUF (5 Viewers)

:facepalm:
I don't think Fox had any intention of comparing Trubsky to Tebow based on the quote in the article.

"The first time we threw Tim Tebow out there in Denver it was pretty similar," Fox said. "That brought quite a bit of attention."
He is just talking about the fans excitement about Tebow being similar, not the players.

This might be a comment Fox wished he kept to himself though.

I don't understand the fantasy analysis I'm hearing from some that he has no ceiling as a fantasy prospect.

He has the athleticism to pick up rushing yards (at least like Alex Smith) to go with the accurate arm. Ran for 300 yards and five TDs last season.

Guys like Evan Silva, whose opinions are usually reliable, just keep repeating that he only started 13 games in college as a certainty he will bust. It's time to actually find a valid critique. 

Mitchell Trubisky is getting some reps with the first-team offense this week.

Trubisky has worked exclusively with the backups to this point. Mike Glennon will start Chicago's third preseason game, with Trubisky expected to get some reps with the first team in the second half. It's a positive development for the No. 2 overall pick, but Trubisky remains unlikely to unseat Glennon before Week 1.

Source: Jeff Dickerson on Twitter 

Aug 23 - 5:44 PM

I am a Vikings fan and hate to say this: The Bears have a future star.  What I have seen so far this pre-season convinced me that this guy has the IT factor.  He will undoubtedly have some growing pains but I fear that sooner than later he will be giving NFC North teams fits. 

I don't understand the fantasy analysis I'm hearing from some that he has no ceiling as a fantasy prospect.

He has the athleticism to pick up rushing yards (at least like Alex Smith) to go with the accurate arm. Ran for 300 yards and five TDs last season.

Guys like Evan Silva, whose opinions are usually reliable, just keep repeating that he only started 13 games in college as a certainty he will bust. It's time to actually find a valid critique. 
One big knock on Tribusky is that he was awful at feeling the pocket.  When blitz packages came in, he would usually have no idea and get slammed and cough up the football.  I'm not sure how well that flaw would show up in preseason but against a regular season blitz package it might be more evident.

One big knock on Tribusky is that he was awful at feeling the pocket.  When blitz packages came in, he would usually have no idea and get slammed and cough up the football.  I'm not sure how well that flaw would show up in preseason but against a regular season blitz package it might be more evident.
Will definitely be something to watch 

For what it's worth, just grabbed him with the 25th pick of a 14 team dynasty, rookie draft.  Couldn't believe he fell there.  Watson and Mahomes went ahead of him.  I wasn't planning on taking a QB, but with how well he has played so far, I figured it was pretty low risk for where I got him.  After watching highlights and reading up on him, I'm pretty enthusiastic about his chances.  I'm surprised, for example, that this thread is only three pages deep.  Just about the quietest I can remember the world being about a quarterback taken with the #2 pick.

For what it's worth, just grabbed him with the 25th pick of a 14 team dynasty, rookie draft.  Couldn't believe he fell there.  Watson and Mahomes went ahead of him.  I wasn't planning on taking a QB, but with how well he has played so far, I figured it was pretty low risk for where I got him.  After watching highlights and reading up on him, I'm pretty enthusiastic about his chances.  I'm surprised, for example, that this thread is only three pages deep.  Just about the quietest I can remember the world being about a quarterback taken with the #2 pick.
Just got him at 24 imy 16 team dynasty.Mahomes went 4 picks earlier and Watson/Kizer went late 1st

Was targeting a QB at that pick and was hoping one would be there. 

Mitchell Trubisky will play in the Bears' preseason finale on Thursday.

Mike Glennon and Mark Sanchez won't. It means Trubisky, a player who has made 13 starts since high school and the Bears sold the farm to trade up for, couldn't beat out Sanchez for No. 2 duties. It could also mean coach John Fox is being a dunderheaded traditionalist, insisting on making Trubisky jump through hoops to "earn" his job. It's hard to believe the No. 2 overall pick won't make rookie starts, but it could be a while.

Source: Jeff Dickerson on Twitter

I hope it does mean nothing......then maybe his current owner will drop him and I can scoop him up for free......

Obviously Trubisky has a lot of learning to do. I think the experience from this game is going to help him though moving forward.

He is very mobile and also accurate with a lot of his throws. He can throw the out route well, better than a lot of QB can, perfectly placed ball to Kendall Wright early on in the game and he hit another one like this later on in the game.

The Bears pretty limited with what they asked him to do which is a sign of his inexperience. Too many bootlegs to reduce his reads to only one side of the field This was working earlier on in the game, but the Vikings defense adjusted after seeing that a few too many times.

First thing he should learn from this game is to avoid Harrison Smith like most other QBs do.

I thought it was a very encouraging performance. He has a great deal of talent - it won't be maximised in this system, with this supporting cast, but long term the sky is the limit IMO. He was let down a bit tonight by his WRs and drive stalling penalties and he faced a tough defense. I think there's plenty to be optimistic about.

Trubisky has a lot of upside. I like his overall game, but he's just hampered by their lack of receiving talent. Losing Meredith hurt. 

They do have some potential for next season, though, with Trubisky, Howard, Cohen, Meredith, & Shaheen (who should be getting more PT to try to quicken his development).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see a new HC and OC brought in to get this offense going.  They have a QB, RBs, OL and TEs.  Now it's time to get some WRs and with some decent play calling they could have a decent offense.  The defense certainly looks improved.

Well this has been disappointing so far but the Bears seem better with Trubisky. - Also so far Trubisky has 2 TDs passing while the punter and the backup RB also have 2 TDs passing.

Well this has been disappointing so far but the Bears seem better with Trubisky. - Also so far Trubisky has 2 TDs passing while the punter and the backup RB also have 2 TDs passing.
The situation is disappointing for sure. It is what it is - Fox has a Ferrari sitting in his garage but he's not inclined to give it even a test run around the block. He has no one to throw to anyway so this year is just a write off for fantasy most likely. Hopefully Fox is gone in 2018 and the Bears acquire a couple of good WRs. Then Trubisky will be able to really show what he's got. Situation is everything. Look at Goff last year, Watson this year.

The situation is disappointing for sure. It is what it is - Fox has a Ferrari sitting in his garage but he's not inclined to give it even a test run around the block. He has no one to throw to anyway so this year is just a write off for fantasy most likely. Hopefully Fox is gone in 2018 and the Bears acquire a couple of good WRs. Then Trubisky will be able to really show what he's got. Situation is everything. Look at Goff last year, Watson this year.
We've seen with the Rams what a change can do for the offense if you have the pieces in place.  Maybe a new coach and Meredith back and a couple of good offensive free agents could jump start this thing and not waste what looks to be a very promising opportunity. 

With that said, think if the Bears had taken Watson instead.  

What about Watson and Mariota and Carr?   I see all these guys in a very similar group in terms of what they might do for a team.  And wentz. 

Users who are viewing this thread