Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
whoknew

The Russia Investigation: DOJ Drops Case Against Flynn Even After He Pleads Guilty

Recommended Posts

I don't hate Trump any more than I hate the Benny Hill character.  They're both simply laughable, stupid buffoons who love to chase hot women.  I just don't think either one should be president of the most powerful country on earth.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

I do not find the policies pursued by Trump, and supported by others, to be indicative of positive qualities in a person. 

This. There’s that voice that drives serious people to strive to be better, wiser, more virtuous, more patient, empathetic and learned - in short more stoic.  Beginning to explain this to a Trump supporter is no less daunting than explaining why higher pursuits and stoicism matter at all.  To understand one is to reject the other, so starkly it exists in contrast.  But any City on a Hill relies on noble traditions, while every cesspool society is teeming with those who spurn their call.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

I struggle to think of any public figure I’ve ever hated more than Trump.

He will be our generation's Nixon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2018 at 6:33 AM, Banger said:

>>Prior to the memo, we knew that a Russian agent told Trump campaign adviser George Papadopoulos of “Moscow possessing ‘dirt’” on Hillary Clinton “in the form of ‘thousands of emails,’” according to Papadopoulos’s plea statement. The memo went a legally significant step further. As Rep. Adam Schiff recently told Chris Hayes, “our memo discloses for the first time that the Russians previewed to Papadopoulos that they could help with disseminating these stolen emails.” Rep. Schiff added, “When Donald Trump openly called on the Russians to hack Hillary Clinton’s emails, they’d be richly rewarded if they released these to the press, his campaign had already been put on notice that the Russians were prepared to do just that and disseminate these stolen emails.” (The full transcript and video clip is below.)

This new revelation is legally important and, if true, could have exposed Papadopoulos and potentially other campaign officials to significant criminal liability. I spoke with several leading experts in campaign finance law and former federal prosecutors to gather their views.

Rep. Schiff’s statement adds clarity to two stray statements in the memo itself. The memo states, “Russian agents previewed their hack and dissemination of stolen emails.” The memo also refers to this part of the record in stating, “We would later learn in Papadopoulos’s plea ... the information the Russians could assist by anonymously releasing were thousands of Hillary Clinton emails.”<<

- I just thought this article and this piece was worth highlighting. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sinn Fein said:

I feel sorry for Trump, and for people who think he represents a positive role model. They have a mindset that I struggle to grasp.  I think Trump is an idiot, a blowhard, a bully, sexist, racist, egomaniac, and overly insecure. If he was still just a third-rate real estate developer or a reality tv performer, I would care about him at all.  

But, he is president, and I worry daily about how he is adversely affecting our future based on his whims and personal vendettas. I worry that he does not have the temperament to deal with complex foreign negotiations.  I worry that he has to be reminded to listen to others and show empathy when appropriate. I worry that his insecurities and daddy issues result in battles that others have to pay for in blood and treasure. I worry that by making America a laughingstock, we have dangerously isolated ourselves in the world community - a community that is generally growing closer every day. I worry that people like Putin know how to push his buttons to do their bidding.  I worry that he treats the job or running the country the same as running his business. I worry that he does not care if he bankrupts the country in the process. 

But, I don't hate him, on a personal level. He is simply not fit for the office. And, I don't hate people who support him, though I do find it to be revealing about their character - to the extent they see Trump as a positive influence and someone they want leading the country.  I do not find the policies pursued by Trump, and supported by others, to be indicative of positive qualities in a person. I feel sorry that there are people who feel this way. 

This nicely lays out various ways Trump is unfit for office and how that can impact our lives.

I'd like to see one of the both-siders write a similar case for Obama and Hillary.  Or, if they can't, recognize that both-sidism is wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

I struggle to think of any public figure I’ve ever hated more than Trump.

Tom Brady?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Tom Brady?

I hate Trump too, but Brady is a different tier by himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

You know, I don’t like the Clintons. But man do you guys hate the Clintons.

Henry, it's more of logic exercise.  There is absolutely no doubt that the CF was a huge machine to buy and sell influence.  It was also quite the slush fund for the Clinton machine (even with all the good it did).  One only has to look at how the donations crashed after HRC was not voted in to see what people were really buying.  Honestly, you really have to deliberately ignore the situation not to see this.

After all that, the comment was pretty much humor.  We've conclusively seen that when it comes to the Clintons the rule of man applies, while the rule of law applies to the rest of us.  They'll never get any serious scrutiny for this.

 

10 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

 But two 70-something retirees who started a foundation that got low cost AIDS meds to nine million people in Africa - that’s a spectacular amount of focus. 

The ends don't justify the means.  Pablo Escobar gave huge amounts of money to the poor (to take the point to an extreme level - not comparing the actions of the two).   

 

2 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

But, I don't hate him, on a personal level. He is simply not fit for the office. 

Yep.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, randall146 said:

I'd like to see one of the both-siders write a similar case for Obama 

Obama implemented horrible policies.  But, he was a much better President.  People often muddle the two.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matthias said:

Here's the thing. The Trump connections are way more numerous and way more direct. You don't even have to speculate as to whether or not he's redirecting money from his foundation. He stays and promotes properties which he directly owns as a personal business for profit. Like, what you think the Clintons did, Trump is certainly doing. So doesn't that burn even more outrage?

Let's stop the whataboutism and concentrate on the point that was made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Matthias said:

No. If you think angry and venomous ire for the Clintons are self-explanatory because of reasons A, B, and C. And someone else carries A, B, and C to an even more extreme, blatant, and unquestioning way, then is there any logical or reasonable explanation not to feel the same way as the Clintons, but only to a greater extent? Otherwise, you're just manufacturing reasons which sound palatable when the actual rationale is something else.

Within one year, Trumps son-in-law received $500m in loans that he desperately needed.  And, he steered policy away from at least one country that wouldn't give him money. 

That's just one year, and just one man.  There's also Mara-Lago, trumps DC hotel, Ichans insider trading, Trumps NSA acting as a foreign agent for profit... 

Trump administration is so much worse about self-sealing than the Clinton Syndicate could ever hope to be. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Matthias said:

No. If you think angry and venomous ire for the Clintons are self-explanatory because of reasons A, B, and C. And someone else carries A, B, and C to an even more extreme, blatant, and unquestioning way, then is there any logical or reasonable explanation not to feel the same way as the Clintons, but only to a greater extent? Otherwise, you're just manufacturing reasons which sound palatable when the actual rationale is something else.

Maybe you missed the part where I'm not a Trump apologist,  didn't vote for him,  and have stated multiple times I don't think he's capable of the office? 

Obfuscation. 

Edited by Sand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sand said:

Maybe you missed the part where I'm not a Trump apologist,  didn't vote for him,  and have stated multiple times I don't think he's capable of the office? 

Obfuscation. 

So, why are you in here using the Trump/Trump Supporter tactic of bringing up Clinton whenever he’s caught doing something illegal? That’s no different than being a Trump apologist. Clinton is not President. She never will be. This about the CURRENT guy in office.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matthias said:

You think I'm defending the Clintons?

Is that even possible?  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Matthias said:

You haven't seen the rails in years.

You can't have this much hate for a failed Presidential candidate and not have it be classified as obsession.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dedfin said:

I can imagine Trump fans doing everything they can to keep the Clintons healthy and alive so that they keep their boogeyman.  What are they going to do when they are gone?  They have no substance.

Chelsea and Malia will take over the globalist deep state agenda.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Matthias said:

. Last 10 years she seemed to want to pursue political office, just to attain it. To become President just to become the first woman to do it. Not because she had a burning issue, crusade or belief system she wanted to promote. Just office for the sake of the office. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SacramentoBob said:

You can't have this much hate for a failed Presidential candidate and not have it be classified as obsession.

What, you don’t remember the years of continued discussion about Walter Mondale?

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SacramentoBob said:

Chelsea and Malia will take over the globalist deep state agenda.

Who knows the lengths Malia will go just to smoke some herb at a concert?  This is gonna go all the way to the top!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matthias said:

In my mind, Trump is Heath Ledger's Joker. The Mayor has plans. The Commissioner has plans. I'm just a dog chasing a car. He's destructive in the same way that a rabid dog is dangerous. And that's dangerous as #### when you control the levers of the country. But McConnell, Cheney, they know better. They're aware of the repercussions of their actions, and do them intentionally and with forethought. McConnell is actually evil. Trump is a force and avatar for ego and chaos. imo.

This is an argument for why we shouldn’t hate Trump?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t classify how I feel towards Trump as hate.  Just want him gone and love making fun of his buffoonery.

There are at least a dozen members of Congress that I absolutely hate.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

This is an argument for why we shouldn’t hate Trump?

Yeah, I think he's saying instinct for chaos and destruction isn't hate worthy, but I think it is.  If we can hate malaria, and we should, then we can hate Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Don't Noonan said:

I am positive you guys hate Trump more than we hate the Clintons.

Maybe but one very clearly deserves it more. At least to objective observers. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Don't Noonan said:

Incorrect again.  You are going off the rails in here.  

No. There are many rails. They are called indictments, resignations, conversations, emails, sources and investigators. Lots and lots of rails. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those things you guys said didn't happen and were a figment of dirty lib imaginations?  It's been revealed this week that Robert Mueller is asking witnesses about all of them.  After five people have pleaded guilty to felonies.

So, you know.  Track record.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sand said:

Henry, it's more of logic exercise.  There is absolutely no doubt that the CF was a huge machine to buy and sell influence.  It was also quite the slush fund for the Clinton machine (even with all the good it did).  One only has to look at how the donations crashed after HRC was not voted in to see what people were really buying.  Honestly, you really have to deliberately ignore the situation not to see this.

After all that, the comment was pretty much humor.  We've conclusively seen that when it comes to the Clintons the rule of man applies, while the rule of law applies to the rest of us.  They'll never get any serious scrutiny for this.

 

The ends don't justify the means.  Pablo Escobar gave huge amounts of money to the poor (to take the point to an extreme level - not comparing the actions of the two).   

 

Yep.

 

 

Fine. The CF isn’t an existential threat to our democracy. So let’s focus on what is. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sand said:

Henry, it's more of logic exercise.  There is absolutely no doubt that the CF was a huge machine to buy and sell influence.  It was also quite the slush fund for the Clinton machine (even with all the good it did).  One only has to look at how the donations crashed after HRC was not voted in to see what people were really buying.  Honestly, you really have to deliberately ignore the situation not to see this.

After all that, the comment was pretty much humor.  We've conclusively seen that when it comes to the Clintons the rule of man applies, while the rule of law applies to the rest of us.  They'll never get any serious scrutiny for this.

They’ve literally been investigated by the FBI and have had front page news stories on major cable news network websites about this exact issue.  Whether you agree with the ultimate conclusions of those news stations or the FBI is one thing, but saying they’ll never get serious scrutiny is nonsensical. 

It’s a logic exercise? Please, share with me the exercise.  I must be missing it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The story about Qatar and Jared Kushner, by itself. Is already a bigger scandal than anything Hillary Clinton has ever been credibly accused of. There is no doubt in my mind that if Trump was a Democrat, the House would be moving to impeach him on this story alone. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Matthias said:

Right. I don't hate malaria. I just want a way to control it.

Rational people can disagree here :thumbup: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, timschochet said:

The story about Qatar and Jared Kushner, by itself. Is already a bigger scandal than anything Hillary Clinton has ever been credibly accused of. There is no doubt in my mind that if Trump was a Democrat, the House would be moving to impeach him on this story alone. 

It's like Uranium One. 

If Uranium One was a real thing.  And involved loans directly to Hillary instead of a gift to the Foundation.  And the sums were 10x as much.  And there was an actual quid pro quo involving US policy in exchange.  And Hillary had the ability to deliver the actual quid pro quo.  And the loans were from someone actually impacted by the quid pro quo instead of someone who used to be kind of sort of involved once upon a time.

So nothing like Uranium One I guess.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes I’m torn between agreeing with a post and correcting someone’s Latin. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Henry Ford said:

Sometimes I’m torn between agreeing with a post and correcting someone’s Latin. 

Heh.  Already fixed that.  Luckily before anyone found the quote button.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Heh.  Already fixed that.  Luckily before anyone found the quote button.

I intentionally didn’t quote because when that happens to me I spend hours slightly upset with myself knowing it’s been quoted. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

I intentionally didn’t quote because when that happens to me I spend hours slightly upset with myself knowing it’s been quoted. 

lol ... same here.  Thanks for sparing me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Heh.  Already fixed that.  Luckily before anyone found the quote button.

:unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matthias said:

Right. I don't hate malaria. I just want a way to control it.

Yeah, I think Trump is an idiot but I’m not willing to compare him to non-sentient disasters.  He’s capable of knowing that his actions have consequences for others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

He’s capable of knowing that his actions have consequences for others.

Link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Matthias said:

LAlthough it finally just clicked. You guys are projecting. And have been for months. You hate Obama. You really hate the Clintons. And that's how you see politics.

Let's set you straight. Nobody here really hates Trump. He's a disease. A cancer. That threatens the country. And for the good of the body, you want him out. And you get shocked and sad when the body wears away. But it's not this burning personal hate that you carry around with you for Bill and Hillary.

:lmao: How delusional are you?  How many pages is this Trump hatefest thread?   Wow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sand said:
3 hours ago, Matthias said:

Here's the thing. The Trump connections are way more numerous and way more direct. You don't even have to speculate as to whether or not he's redirecting money from his foundation. He stays and promotes properties which he directly owns as a personal business for profit. Like, what you think the Clintons did, Trump is certainly doing. So doesn't that burn even more outrage?

Let's stop the whataboutism and concentrate on the point that was made.

Yes, stop trying to bring Trump into the conversation. This thread is about Hillary!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sand said:

Let's stop the whataboutism and concentrate on the point that was made.

:lmao:

Your whole “point” was a whatabout Hillary post.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

:lmao: How delusional are you?  How many pages is this Trump hatefest thread?   Wow.

Pointing out a conman's conning you, is a service not a hate-fest.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mile High said:

Pointing out a conman's conning you, is a service not a hate-fest.

Ok who exactly is hating on Hillary now?  Somebody pointed out that if Russian collusion is what we are so worried about then Hillary is the one who should be worried right now.  :shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

It's like Uranium One. 

If Uranium One was a real thing.  And involved loans directly to Hillary instead of a gift to the Foundation.  And the sums were 10x as much.  And there was an actual quid pro quo involving US policy in exchange.  And Hillary had the ability to deliver the actual quid pro quo.  And the loans were from someone actually impacted by the quid pro quo instead of someone who used to be kind of sort of involved once upon a time.

So nothing like Uranium One I guess.

One of the things I heard today about it: we have about 12,000 Americans at any given time in Qatar: oil workers and their families, some military, State Department officials. When Kushner urged Trump to give the OK to Saudi Arabia to bomb- against the advice of Mattis, the Pentagon, and the State Department- nobody informed our ambassador there what was coming, or any of the 12,000 Americans. They were caught by surprise. That’s incredible to me. The whole thing was not only corrupt but incompetent. 

Again- how can anybody defend this? By itself, it’s one of the worst scandals in years. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Ok who exactly is hating on Hillary now?  Somebody pointed out that if Russian collusion is what we are so worried about then Hillary is the one who should be worried right now.  :shrug:

Hillary should be worried?  Care to unpack this and show any logical and factual basis for Hillary to be worried?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sand said:

Henry, it's more of logic exercise.  There is absolutely no doubt that the CF was a huge machine to buy and sell influence.  It was also quite the slush fund for the Clinton machine (even with all the good it did).  One only has to look at how the donations crashed after HRC was not voted in to see what people were really buying.  Honestly, you really have to deliberately ignore the situation not to see this.

No, you see, Obama's DOJ didn't charge Clinton with any crimes, so she literally did nothing wrong.  There is nothing wrong with accepting millions of dollars from repressive states, like Qatar- a human rights powerhouse- and doling out multibillion dollar weapons deals as Secretary of State.  Nothing wrong with deleting thousands of emails under scrutiny from a laughably narrow FBI investigation.  She was not a neoliberal war criminal wrapped in Starbucks mom clothing, she was an angel sent from the heavens to protect democracy from Trump and Russia.  You can trust that investigations were conducted by the book to the fullest extent of the law in the middle of a contentious election season, Comey has an R next to his name, I mean come on bro.  

But if you're a Russian dude making facebook posts, hoo boy you better watch out!  You just punched yourself a one-way ticket to indictment town!  Justice has truly been served.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

I struggle to think of any public figure I’ve ever hated more than Trump.

Tom DeLay is a close second.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Hillary should be worried?  Care to unpack this and show any logical and factual basis for Hillary to be worried?

Seth Rich’s murder is still unsolved 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

No, you see, Obama's DOJ didn't charge Clinton with any crimes, so she literally did nothing wrong.  There is nothing wrong with accepting millions of dollars from repressive states, like Qatar- a human rights powerhouse- and doling out multibillion dollar weapons deals as Secretary of State.  Nothing wrong with deleting thousands of emails under scrutiny from a laughably narrow FBI investigation.  She was not a neoliberal war criminal wrapped in Starbucks mom clothing, she was an angel sent from the heavens to protect democracy from Trump and Russia.  You can trust that investigations were conducted by the book to the fullest extent of the law in the middle of a contentious election season, Comey has an R next to his name, I mean come on bro.  

But if you're a Russian dude making facebook posts, hoo boy you better watch out!  You just punched yourself a one-way ticket to indictment town!  Justice has truly been served.  

It’s not only astounding that you write this stuff about Hillary and Qatar without any evidence whatsoever, it’s even more astounding that you choose to do it at a time when we’re learning about actual HUGE scandal regarding Trump and Qatar, with real evidence. It’s like you’re living on your own planet. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.