What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (11 Viewers)

Kushner’s legal team looks to hire crisis public relations firm

Senior White House official Jared Kushner and his legal team are searching for a crisis public relations firm, according to four people familiar with the matter.

Kushner’s lawyer, Abbe Lowell, has quietly called at least two firms, these people said. The inquiries have occurred in the past two weeks and officials at the firms were asked not to discuss the conversations with others.

We know he was interviewed without a lawyer, without notice by an agent hell bent to get something on him...we don’t know if his rights ere violated in any way....we don’t know if the machinations of the prosecutiion intimidated him into a plea....

my point is is we don’t know the entire circumstances YET, so why make any indication if a pardon is appropriate or not YET
Yes. Michael Flynn was railroaded and tricked into refusing counsel by an FBI agent. Seems highly plausible. 

We know he was interviewed without a lawyer, without notice by an agent hell bent to get something on him...we don’t know if his rights ere violated in any way....we don’t know if the machinations of the prosecutiion intimidated him into a plea....

my point is is we don’t know the entire circumstances YET, so why make any indication if a pardon is appropriate or not YET
If his rights were violated, he doesn't need a pardon. That's the way our liberal justice system works. As for "machinations of the prosecution" intimidating him into a plea, are you serious?  You mean like the thousands of criminals in the country who are intimidated by the machinations of the prosecutions every week? Is the President going to pardon them, too?

Last edited by a moderator:
I must have missed something. What's the beef with McCabe?
The Strzok text messages

“I want to believe the path you threw out for consideration in Andy’s office - that there’s no way he gets elected - but I’m afraid we can’t take that risk... It’s like an insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before you’re 40.” 

I believe Congress wants to know what the “insurance policy” he discussed with Strzok was referring to.

jonessed said:
The Strzok text messages

“I want to believe the path you threw out for consideration in Andy’s office - that there’s no way he gets elected - but I’m afraid we can’t take that risk... It’s like an insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before you’re 40.” 

I believe Congress wants to know what the “insurance policy” he discussed with Strzok was referring to.

He wasn't claiming they had an insurance policy.  He was saying that they couldn't just assume that Trump would lose and do nothing for the same reason that 40 year olds shouldn't forgo insurance because it's unlikely they'll drop dead.   That text was apparently written in mid-October 2016.

What was going on then?

jonessed said:
The Strzok text messages

I see.

Just so I've got this straight... Republicans want one of the FBI's former investigators to come in and explain exactly what the FBI had on Trump a year ago?  They want that?

Sounds good to me.  How do we make this happen?

So, again let's look at how this nefarious plot played out.

In the last month of the general election, The FBI received new evidence and had to reopen the Clinton investigation.  Comey released that information.  Possibly because he knew the NY field office was leaking it to Rudy anyway. 

At the same time, we had an active investigation into the Trump campaign and Russia.  At this point the Steele dossier had been passed around the Hill and people knew the FBI had that, at least.  Comey wouldn't confirm an investigation of Trump.  He argued against confirming Russia.  I understand why Comey made the choices he did.  It sucks for Hillary, but he was in a tough spot having testified to Congress.  But the FBI didn't do anything to hurt Trump's chances in the election.  They did precisely the opposite!  How can anyone with two brain cells to rub together believe this bull####?

In the last month of the general election, The FBI received new evidence and had to reopen the Clinton investigation.  Comey released that information.  Possibly because he knew the NY field office was leaking it to Rudy anyway. 

At the same time, we had an active investigation into the Trump campaign and Russia.  At this point the Steele dossier had been passed around the Hill and people knew the FBI had that, at least.  Comey wouldn't confirm an investigation of Trump.  He argued against confirming Russia.  I understand why Comey made the choices he did.  It sucks for Hillary, but he was in a tough spot having testified to Congress.  But the FBI didn't do anything to hurt Trump's chances in the election.  They did precisely the opposite!  How can anyone with two brain cells to rub together believe this bull####?
:fishing:

Ding Ding!

Mr. Ham said:
Don't like where this is trending.  People like Rove! still try to defend the indefensible, while Trump and too many in the GOP for comfort are going to try to purge the FBI of anyone with a shred of integrity, to -- and this is what I think they are going for -- end the rule of law and the checks and balances that define this nation's basic construct.  We are about to enter unchartered waters much worse than Watergate.  This is about a power grab with collaboration between Executive and Legislative branches, by one direly corrupt party.  I'm beyond livid.  If you don't see what's happening, if you excuse it, you are the problem.  I just hope we have a transparent society left and a history to judge you for the weight of what you've done.
Just let this take its course.  If Trump is guilty it will come out eventually.  So far, they got nothing, and Mueller's credit has severely taken a hit with these nimwits he had on his team.

Just let this take its course.  If Trump is guilty it will come out eventually.  So far, they got nothing, and Mueller's credit has severely taken a hit with these nimwits he had on his team.
Yeah...Mueller’s credit has taken no real hit and those in his team are highly qualified and hardly nitwits.

They git nothing? Are you aware of some information that everyone else is not?

No, but nothing even close to collusion has shown up yet.  Well, perhaps the compromised Mueller team but that is another story.
How long do you believe the investigation should be allowed to go on? 

Do you believe the two guilty pleas hold any relevance to the investigation? 

Says it all that someone would not only focus on this, but have the audacity to day compromised when the person in question was dismissed.

A pathetic joke.
No worries about those in his own admin that have been compromised (or Trump himself).  Mean texts are worse than lies to federal agents and what all the contacts really were.

Why post falsehoods?
Would have to be one or more of:

1. Not intelligent enough to understand and make objective deductions

2. Inability to grasp concepts such as nuance and context

3. Wilful ignorance that results in one of the above

4. A wilful desire to use lies, obfuscation and distraction to push a preconceived agenda, and in doing so at best putting Party/ideology above country while enabling internal and external enemies of Democracy and what America stands for, more likely being an active participant and complicit collaborator unless the answer is #1 or #2, just being outright anti-patriotic, anti-American and worse case, possibly flat out treasonous at heart.

What other reasons to spread known lies, purposely mislead/misdirect, leave out key facts while ignoring all context?

Rove! said:
We don’t really know, at this point, if Flynn Was somewhat railroaded by an agent with an agenda or if he was into more serious stuff wrt Turkey and Gulen and already got a good deal....why talk about that without knowing the full scope of the facts...
My take is that any deal Flynn has made was to protect his son.

No worries about those in his own admin that have been compromised (or Trump himself).  Mean texts are worse than lies to federal agents and what all the contacts really were.
BTW, if there is ANY shady behavior or political leanings from an investigator that exerts influence within such an important investigation they need to be removed.  That appears to be what happened.

Would have to be one or more of:

1. Not intelligent enough to understand and make objective deductions

2. Inability to grasp concepts such as nuance and context

3. Wilful ignorance that results in one of the above

4. A wilful desire to use lies, obfuscation and distraction to push a preconceived agenda, and in doing so at best putting Party/ideology above country while enabling internal and external enemies of Democracy and what America stands for, more likely being an active participant and complicit collaborator unless the answer is #1 or #2, just being outright anti-patriotic, anti-American and worse case, possibly flat out treasonous at heart.

What other reasons to spread known lies, purposely mislead/misdirect, leave out key facts while ignoring all context?
I'm gonna go with "all of the above".

Great.  Now apparently we are undergoing a coup.

I have more fear of the mob subverting the constitution than I do the government at this point.

Rove! said:
We don’t really know, at this point, if Flynn Was somewhat railroaded by an agent with an agenda or if he was into more serious stuff wrt Turkey and Gulen and already got a good deal....why talk about that without knowing the full scope of the facts...
Railroaded? Buddy, he's not a homeless guy caught with an ounce of crack at the bus station. He is a 3-Star General who has the President of the United States with a pardon in hand and a national and GOP based defense fund at his disposal..

BTW, if there is ANY shady behavior or political leanings from an investigator that exerts influence within such an important investigation they need to be removed.  That appears to be what happened.
And his behavior wasn’t even all that shady...and Mueller handled it responsibly.

Has this been posted? Dallas Morning News getting into the act with some good reporting.

How Putin's proxies helped funnel millions into GOP campaigns

As Special Counsel Robert Mueller's team probes deeper into potential collusion between Trump officials and representatives of the Russian government, investigators are taking a closer look at political contributions made by U.S. citizens with close ties to Russia.

Buried in the campaign finance reports available to the public are some troubling connections between a group of wealthy donors with ties to Russia and their political contributions to President Donald Trump and a number of top Republican leaders. And thanks to changes in campaign finance laws, the political contributions are legal. We have allowed our campaign finance laws to become a strategic threat to our country.

An example is Len Blavatnik, a dual U.S.-U.K. citizen and one of the largest donors to GOP political action committees in the 2015-16 election cycle. Blavatnik's family emigrated to the U.S. in the late '70s from the U.S.S.R. and he returned to Russia when the Soviet Union began to collapse in the late '80s.

Data from the Federal Election Commission show that Blavatnik's campaign contributions dating back to 2009-10 were fairly balanced across party lines and relatively modest for a billionaire. During that season he contributed $53,400. His contributions increased to $135,552 in 2011-12 and to $273,600 in 2013-14, still bipartisan.

In 2015-16, everything changed. Blavatnik's political contributions soared and made a hard right turn as he pumped $6.35 million into GOP political action committees, with millions of dollars going to top Republican leaders including Sens. Mitch McConnell, Marco Rubio and Lindsey Graham.

In 2017, donations continued, with $41,000 going to both Republican and Democrat candidates, along with $1 million to McConnell's Senate Leadership Fund.

No, but nothing even close to collusion has shown up yet.  Well, perhaps the compromised Mueller team but that is another story.
Oh BS.   We’ve got a Trump campaign eagerly reaching out to the Russians for stolen emails, we’ve got Russians that want sanctions dropped, and we’ve got a Trump administration that attempted to drop sanctions on day 1 in office.    We’re just looking for the smoking gun at this point.

Everything Trump does is obvious.  

We have a U.S. president playing footsie with Putin while being under investigation for collusion with him.

Why the hell do you think that is?

Trump would be an even bigger imbecile to act like this if he DIDN'T collude.

Railroaded? Buddy, he's not a homeless guy caught with an ounce of crack at the bus station. He is a 3-Star General who has the President of the United States with a pardon in hand and a national and GOP based defense fund at his disposal..
And yet still massively outgunned by the forces arrayed against him

Interesting theory
What kind of response is this?

It's literally the most widely accepted understanding of events within the full context of what's going on.

FYI, this is a rhetorical question more directed at others maybe (somehow) on the fence on some of these issues. 

To try to outright dismiss one of if not the leading theory as to what drove Flynn to flip demonstrates a clear attempt to undermine the value of legitimate information, backed up by the facts of the case in examination of all related facts therein.

Sad state of affairs we find ourselves in (unless some of these comments are actually made by Russian or other anti-American interests in which I suppose a tip of the cap is due, along with the sadness that so many here are at best clueless participants but more like active enablers)

Users who are viewing this thread