What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (15 Viewers)

Annnnnnnnd the BIG REVEAL IS!!!!!

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft.  :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump  1m1 minute ago

Sorry, but this is years ago, before Paul Manafort was part of the Trump campaign. But why aren't Crooked Hillary & the Dems the focus?????

:D

Abramson's train of thought here was that these types of cases (Russian Collusion) - which rely on testimony more than documents - tend to require people being coerced into testifying.  Thus, the fact that Mueller "started" as high up as Manafort suggested that the case is closer to Trump, than if it had been someone like Page.

Agreed that it relies on Manafort having the goods, and being willing to talk.

Abramson also suggests that by not indicting Flynn yet (at least on the similar FARA charges), that Flynn may already have flipped.
And Flynn might have flipped.  It seems so long ago, but remember that Bob Kelner  shopped Flynn's testimony for a promise of immunity.  But I'm not sure that we can conclude that only by him not being indicted on the FARA stuff.  We knew they had Manafort and Flynn on FARA pretty much from the beginning.  Flynn is a more important thread in the investigation, IMO, for two reasons.  First, we know that Trump took some real weird risks to both reward Flynn (selecting him for NSA while knowing he was under investigation) and to protect him (the Comey stuff).  Second, Flynn is who was tied to Peter Smith's efforts to reach out to the Russians to look for the "missing Hillary emails"). 

You got your prize. Big catch for the left. Manafort off the streets. Enjoy, this is your November 9th. 

Sorry, but this is years ago, before Paul Manafort was part of the Trump campaign. But why aren't Crooked Hillary & the Dems the focus?????

A man proclaims his innocence.  Shocking!

More

....Also, there is NO COLLUSION!
Technically accurate that there is still no evidence of collusion. 

The key to today’s events, imo, is that if Trump is guilty, there’s no way out now.

So the count so far is 2 senior campaign officials indicted and 1 of his 5 foreign advisers for the campaign pleading guilty to lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russia.  

Getting to see him slowly losing it on twitter makes it even better. 

A man proclaims his innocence.  Shocking!

Technically accurate that there is still no evidence of collusion. 

The key to today’s events, imo, is that if Trump is guilty, there’s no way out now.
I get that you'll do whatever it takes to defend Donald, but we just went through this yesterday.

He didn't just proclaim his innocence. He's once again trying to shift the blame, making himself look guilty and desperate in the process.

But you know that.

We literally have a plea copping to an attempt to collude with the Russian government (and to lying to FBI agents in an attempt to cover it up).  Trump might not have known, but there can be no argument anymore that his campaign didn't try to collude with the Russian government. That's kind of significant, guys. 

We literally have a plea copping to an attempt to collude with the Russian government (and to lying to FBI agents in an attempt to cover it up).  Trump might not have known, but there can be no argument anymore that his campaign didn't try to collude with the Russian government. That's kind of significant, guys. 
The bigger question is why isn't Hillary in jail for organizing all of this?

I get that you'll do whatever it takes to defend Donald, but we just went through this yesterday.

He didn't just proclaim his innocence. He's once again trying to shift the blame, making himself look guilty and desperate in the process.

But you know that.
He’s proclaimed his innocence a million times.  Also, I’ve never “defended trump”.  I just don’t feel that he’s already guilty so I’m not looking at his every tweet through the lens of him being Richard Nixon 2.0

Users who are viewing this thread