What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Jamaal Williams, NO (1 Viewer)

If I already didn't own Williams, I'd prob take this if it's a PPR league. Thompson still has some decent value. Fair offer IMO.
I agree, I like Williams and Thompson.  However, if it's a team that is in rebuild mode, or thinks he/she should be, and it projects at the top of the third round then I wouldn't fault the receiver of the pick.

ETA:  Damn, I sound like a Democrat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I offered Williams and Chris Thompson for a 3rd rd. pick to the Jones owner and was shot down.

If I already didn't own Williams, I'd prob take this if it's a PPR league. Thompson still has some decent value. Fair offer IMO.
I would have as well, I’m loaded at RB or I wouldn’t have offered. Thompson could and has last year performed at an RB2 level and could shore up a playoff run. Plus Williams as the handcuff to Jones has the TD value anyway if Jones went down to injury.

I agree, I like Williams and Thompson.  However, if it's a team that is in rebuild mode, or thinks he/she should be, and it projects at the top of the third round then I wouldn't fault the receiver of the pick.

ETA:  Damn, I sound like a Democrat.
The team is currently in first place in his division by 3 games (albeit 5-5) and carrying Boston Scott and Jonathan Williams (both FA’s) on his roster.

(Thompson was traded with Moncrief for a 3rd to another team)

Put Williams' dynasty value in a body bag.  

He's now just a handcuff it seems.  It's sad that he was the starter with 3 guys in the mix, yet somehow after Montgomery is traded and its only a 2 horse backfield Williams' value is lower than before Montgomery was traded. 

Jamaal Williams rushed 12 times for 55 yards and a touchdown in the Packers' Week 15 loss to the Bears, adding four receptions for 42 additional yards.

Williams was an every-down player after Aaron Jones was lost to a knee injury late in the first quarter. Jones believes he has a sprained MCL, which would be a 2-4 week (read: season-ending) issue. That would make Williams a high-end RB2 for Week 16 against the Jets.
Green Bay has to call someone up/sign another RB. Williams is going to see heavy usage and can catch passes with Aaron Jones out for the season. Fire him up during the Fantasy Championship game.

Green Bay has to call someone up/sign another RB. Williams is going to see heavy usage and can catch passes with Aaron Jones out for the season. Fire him up during the Fantasy Championship game.
<takes notes> The Frankman plans to spend $1 on Jamaal Williams on Wednesday morning waivers.

Good... only two more players I need to worry about.  😉

Williams is a must pick up and possible start for the championship game . . one note of caution though. There is talk of sitting Rodgers and starting Kizer in the remaining 2 games. Rodgers wants to start but no word from Packers. They may sit him for health reasons. Obviously a big knock to the overall offense if so.

Williams is a must pick up and possible start for the championship game . . one note of caution though. There is talk of sitting Rodgers and starting Kizer in the remaining 2 games. Rodgers wants to start but no word from Packers. They may sit him for health reasons. Obviously a big knock to the overall offense if so.
In redraft, you pick up guys like Williams and Ballage if you have the room, if only to play defense against your opponent in the finals. 

To all you who are hoping to pick up JW from waivers tonight the prospects of Rodgers sitting is really making me think twice.  Yes I read what the interim coach said "players are paid to play".  But ultimately it's not his call and they are out of the playoff picture.

Oh I'm picking him up and starting with confidence.  If I can get lucky again and Connor and Ware miss another game, I might ride J Williams, Damien Williams, and Samuels to the championship. 

To all you who are hoping to pick up JW from waivers tonight the prospects of Rodgers sitting is really making me think twice.  Yes I read what the interim coach said "players are paid to play".  But ultimately it's not his call and they are out of the playoff picture.
I'd be very surprised if Rodgers sits. That feels like media BS, just so they have something to talk about. That said, Williams isn't very talented, so its possible the starting job doesn't really make him anything more than a decent flex play.

I'd be very surprised if Rodgers sits. That feels like media BS, just so they have something to talk about. That said, Williams isn't very talented, so its possible the starting job doesn't really make him anything more than a decent flex play.
Williams will be a volume play regardless if Rodgers sits or not. With Kizer at QB though the chances for a TD will be very limited. Either way Williams will get his touches.

Williams was super productive leading to the fantasy playoffs last year.  Plug and play for me... replacing Justin Jackson's slot.  

Of course they will do that...(son and I are going to the Detroit game...his first trip to Lambeau).

😠

New Packers coach Matt LaFleur said a "committee approach" is the most effective when it comes to Jamaal Williams and Aaron Jones.

In other words, LaFleur doesn't believe either Williams or Jones is a bellcow runner. Both have shown the ability to put up big numbers when given the chance to be No. 1 backs when the other has been injured, particularly Williams down the stretch last season when Jones was on I.R. But Williams is a plodding type, and Jones was called out for his conditioning by Gm Brian Gutekunst on Wednesday. It doesn't sound like LaFleur is willing to commit to one running back.

RELATED: 

Aaron Jones

SOURCE: Michael Cohen on Twitter

Feb 27, 2019, 11:54 AM

Jamaal Williams was forced from Thursday's game against the Eagles with a head injury and will not return.

The recipient of a checkdown on the Packers' first play from scrimmage, Williams' forward progress had already been stopped when Eagles DE Derek Barnett exploded in with an egregious helmet-to-helmet hit. Williams tried to get up but failed. After a long period of stabilization, Williams was strapped to a stretcher and taken to the locker room. He's likely headed to the hospital for evaluation. Williams did manage to give a thumbs up as he was being wheeled off. With Dexter Williams a healthy scratch, it will be the Aaron Jones show the rest of the night.

Sep 26, 2019, 8:35 PM ET

GREEN BAY – Packers running back Jamaal Williams was not back on the practice field Monday, but he was back at Lambeau Field with his teammates.

Head Coach Matt LaFleur did not provide any injury update on Williams or any players – the first official injury report of the week will be released Wednesday – but so far all the signs are positive for Williams as he recovers from a vicious late hit by Eagles defender Derek Barnett last Thursday that led to a night in the hospital. (Update: Williams is officially in the concussion protocol, according to a team spokesperson.)a

Jamaal Williams rushed 14 times for 104 yards and caught 4-of-5 targets for 32 yards and one touchdown in the Packers' 23-22, Week 6 win over the Lions Monday night.

Williams was concussed Week 4 and missed Week 5 against the Cowboys when Aaron Jones rushed for four touchdowns. It was Williams' show tonight, however, especially after Jones coughed up a first-quarter fumble and dropped a wide-open surefire 33-yard touchdown from Aaron Rodgers. Jones was pulled from the field and Williams benefitted by catching a short score from Rodgers. Williams out-touched Jones 18-15 and out-gained him 136-60. This backfield will continue to be a weekly hot-hand situation. Both backs obviously need to be owned everywhere. Williams will be an RB3 next week against the Raiders.

Oct 14, 2019, 11:55 PM ET

Williams is a good all-around RB. He reminds me of Malcolm Brown (does everything well).

Brown is a little more dynamic, but these type runners are valuable because of their vast skill set.

He is a grinder. And he is playing well this season when he has been given the chances. I still think he is long term JAG. And I do think the Packers will be in the market for a RB next season. But he looked good last night. Best I have seen him look actually in his career thus far.

agame2323 said:
He's actually available in my league. How much FAAB would you put down on Williams?
I got him with a $10 bid on a $100 budget.  The max I would pay for him would probably be around $15?  I don't know if there were any other bids for him.

Jamaal Williams rushed seven times for 22 yards and a touchdown and caught three passes for 17 yards and a second touchdown in Week 8 against the Chiefs.

Williams vultured a goal-line touchdown after an Aaron Jones TD was called back. His second touchdown was a dime from Aaron Rodgers in the corner of the end-zone. Williams played 48 percent of snaps, though Jones leaving with a shoulder injury played a role in that. Williams has had a great stretch since returning from a concussion, going over 100 total yards or scoring a touchdown in all three games. He'll be a FLEX play for Week 9 against the Chargers.

Oct 27, 2019, 11:46 PM ET

Jamaal Williams rushed 13 times for 63 yards in the Packers' Week 10 win over the Panthers.

Neither he nor Aaron Jones caught a pass, as Williams was targeted once to Jones' zero. Both registered 13 carries, but it was Jones who scored three touchdowns, all from inside the red zone with five-, one-, and 13-yard scampers. Williams gets enough run alongside Jones to warrant weekly FLEX status when the Packers come out of their Week 11 bye.

I drafted this guy as a rookie and then gave up on him when it looked like Jones was the better back. Looks like I made a mistake. He isn't great but he is a consistent performer.

He’s been a very good fill in player for injuries and byes for me in dynasty. Just a solid player and one of those types that’s very handy to have on your roster 

Jamaal Williams rushed 11 times for 45 yards and caught 7-of-8 targets for 45 yards in Week 12 against the 49ers.

t’s another 10-plus touch workload for Williams, who went for 63 yards on 13 carries last week. He was held out of the end-zone for the second straight game after scoring at least one touchdown in Weeks 6-9. Williams is the Packers best pass-blocking back, so he benefitted from the Packers going pass-heavy in the second half. He'll be hard to trust for a Giants matchup the Packers should win easily in Week 13.

Nov 24, 2019, 11:34 PM ET

Is it telling that it was Williams the last series and not Jones even though it was all run plays? Up until that drive he had 4 rushes for 11 yards. Neither back had space but Jones did make a couple runs go fro. Negatives to positives.

Jamaal Williams rushed seven times for 24 yards in Week 14 against Washington.

Williams took a backseat to Aaron Jones, who totaled 192 yards on 22 touches. He missed some practice time with a knee injury this week and may not have been 100 percent. Williams failed to catch his lone target in the pass game and didn't get any red-zone opportunities. The seven touches were his fewest since Week 9. Williams won't be more than a touchdown-dependent FLEX for Week 15 against Chicago.

Jamaal Williams rushed 16 times for 75 yards, hauling in all six of his targets for 27 receiving yards in Green Bay's Week 8 loss to the Vikings.

It was Williams' second straight start in place of Aaron Jones (calf) and the former again out-touched rookie A.J. Dillon 22 to 6, recording six of the team's 10 running back targets from Aaron Rodgers. Williams has now handled 45-of-57 backfield touches for the Packers the past two weeks, seeing at least four targets in both appearances. He'll remain a locked-in RB1 against the Niners on Thursday if Jones is still unable to get cleared in time to play.

- Rotoworld

Users who are viewing this thread