What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What do you take pictures of? (1 Viewer)

I take pictures of....

• People I know (family and friends)

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Random objects of places I've been

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Landscape or artistic photos for framing

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • I don't take pictures

Votes: 11 32.4%

• Total voters

KCitons

Footballguy
As I'm walking around Vegas, I see people taking pictures (or worse video) of every building, statue or sign. A lot of times, there is not a person in the photo. I don't see the point. There are pictures on the Internet that is 10x better than you could take with your camera phone. I saw someone take a picture of the White Castle counter. WTF? 

What are your picture taking habits?

As I'm walking around Vegas, I see people taking pictures (or worse video) of every building, statue or sign. A lot of times, there is not a person in the photo. I don't see the point. There are pictures on the Internet that is 10x better than you could take with your camera phone. I saw someone take a picture of the White Castle counter. WTF? 

What are your picture taking habits?
The dumb stuff is probably social media.  

gf in various states of dress/undress ... and similar cheezcake #### with yentas who wanna do boudoir schtick  :pics:

oh, and fire hydrants.  luv 'em. 

I'm not a photo taking guy, mainly because I don't have a good camera. That said, I respect why someone would rather have a photo they took themselves rather than one from the computer, quality be damned. 

I'm the opposite. I hate pictures with people in front of famous or photogenic landmarks.  We know you were there.  You took the picture.   And now by putting your fat ### in it, you're blocking the subject.    

I find myself doing this on vacation sometimes. I'll take a bunch of pictures of some awesome scenery or landscape, then get home and be like duh why didn't I ask my wife to stand in it or at least selfie the thing with us in it. I have all these pics of stuff I can just Google. But I keep doing it, and literally have to remind myself to stop. No explanation why.

I'm the opposite. I hate pictures with people in front of famous or photogenic landmarks.  We know you were there.  You took the picture.   And now by putting your fat ### in it, you're blocking the subject.    
I can see this, but unless it's a very specific shot (unique weather, seasonal weather change showing foliage, etc) why bother taking a picture of Mt Rushmore when there are already millions of pics of it online? If you can't pick out your own pic in a group of 1,000 it does seem pointless to me :shrug:

I find myself doing this on vacation sometimes. I'll take a bunch of pictures of some awesome scenery or landscape, then get home and be like duh why didn't I ask my wife to stand in it or at least selfie the thing with us in it. I have all these pics of stuff I can just Google. But I keep doing it, and literally have to remind myself to stop. No explanation why.
Thus. I usually don't look at them after I take them. Unless people I know are in them.

I can see this, but unless it's a very specific shot (unique weather, seasonal weather change showing foliage, etc) why bother taking a picture of Mt Rushmore when there are already millions of pics of it online? If you can't pick out your own pic in a group of 1,000 it does seem pointless to me :shrug:
That's why you aim to go for the specific shot.  Photography is a hobby like any other.  Why build a model car when I can just buy one that is put together?  Why paint a picture when I could buy a painting?  Framing, taking and editing the picture are all parts of making it your own.

I dont need to see my family in front of Mt. Rushmore.  I have hundreds of pics of my family.  I dont have hundreds of my own pics of Mt. Rushmore.  

Last edited by a moderator:
That's why you aim to go for the specific shot.  Photography is a hobby like any other.  Why build a model car when I can just buy one that is put together?  Why paint a picture when I could buy a painting?  Framing, taking and editing the picture are all parts of making it your own.

I dont need to see my family in front of Mt. Rushmore.  I have hundreds of pics of my family.  I dont have hundreds of my own pics of Mt. Rushmore.  
I mentioned this in the OPPD. If you are taking it to frame or even use as a desktop wallpaper I get it. 

Street scapes and urban imagery (not every ####### building and none would qualify in vegas)

Sunsets and beautiful natural environments 

My cats

I take pictures with my iPOD of bridges, barns, historical buildings and nature settings. The bridges I post at Bridgehunter.com because they have photos of old and current bridges. Older historic buildings (like Mail Pouch barns, historic districts, etc.) are posted at Landmarkhunter.com . Most of the stuff I take ends up on my social media feeds.

I do it for myself.

I take pictures of family and I'll do landscape, scenery too.  

I can always find better scenic pictures than what I take, but I enjoy trying to get a better shot for my collection.  Not too different than performing your own cover of a song you like - sure you can always put on the album version which will always be 'better', but some people just enjoy the process.

Landscapes, but that's what I do professionally so I'm not just shooting with my phone.

Given that I am well versed in photography and have nice equipment I also take "professional" pictures of my kids.  Again, not with my phone.

If I'm shooting with my phone I'm either scouting/saving a location for later to come back with my real gear and better light, or am doing snapshots of my kids.  I don't think I really ever take "landscape" shots with my phone to share other than maybe "hey look at this it's almost ####ing June and it just dumped a foot of snow" (IE: this morning).

I saw someone take a picture of the White Castle counter.
Sometimes there's just a geometric pattern, texture, or color you want to capture, and it can get pretty random. I took this randomly walking around downtown, not because I wanted to. I just felt like I had to. It took two seconds. There was just something about it I wanted to have.

I'll tell you what, too. There are photo places at various chain stores that will print 4x6's for about eighteen cents apiece. And then you can get a very basic 4x6 photo frame for less than two dollars. Random photos that you've taken, printed, and framed make great gifts for chicks. Giving a gift like that makes you look artistic and creative. And the chicks have no idea you only spent two dollars on it.

I'm going to start a new class of photography. Pictures of people taking pictures. Maybe I'll become famous. 

Just saw a midget pointing and laughing at two cross dressers. Wish I had a picture of that.(all of them, not just the cross dressers)

Sometimes there's just a geometric pattern, texture, or color you want to capture, and it can get pretty random. I took this randomly walking around downtown, not because I wanted to. I just felt like I had to. It took two seconds. There was just something about it I wanted to have.
When I went to the auto museum here a few years back, I took pictures of parts of the cars. Grills, taillights, etc. It makes for pretty cool pictures. Didn't take any of entire cars.

Just saw a midget pointing and laughing at two cross dressers. Wish I had a picture of that.(all of them, not just the cross dressers)
You'll probably find a wider variety of subjects to photograph if you step outside of your bedroom.

Users who are viewing this thread