What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RIP Caitlin Bree (1 Viewer)

Evilgrin 72

Distributor of Pain
Some of you may remember I told the story a while back (since lost to pruning, apparently) of my extremely brief and uneventful romantic dalliance with a girl named Lisa Spoonauer, who later went on to play Caitlin Bree in "Clerks."  We were friendly throughout middle school, lost touch during HS as we went to different schools (for most of the 4 years at least.) I ran into her at the mall a few years after "Clerks" and she was a total b---- to me, but we re-connected and patched things up over social media a few years back.  Had a few conversations over the last couple of years - I gave her some financial advice, actually - and she mentioned that she was dealing with a degenerative disease that left her in pain quite a bit, often fatigued.  She never got into too much detail about exactly what it was and I didn't pry, just that she was struggling. 

Her mother posted on FB from her account yesterday that she passed away Sunday AM in her sleep, evidently her sickness was even worse than she'd let on.  Only 44 years old and left a husband and young daughter behind.  Both Brian O'Halloran (Dante) and Kevin Smith wrote some pretty nice tributes on FB and Instagram. 

RIP to your friend, man. 

I also lost somebody really suddenly who I was great friends with but we too, had an encounter or two that caused a falling out. She too passed suddenly from a degenerative disease (ALS) two years ago. I was crushed that we never got to patch things up. You're probably saddened but can be grateful for that.

RIP again, and my condolences.   

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry EG.  At least you were able to reconnect before she passed away

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the condolences, guys.  I hadn't laid eyes on her other than through a computer screen in over 20 years, but I know the last decade or so had been rough on her.  While the other members of that cast went on to very varying degrees of fame and fortune, nothing ever really broke for her (or the chick who played Veronica - 37!)  She didn't seem super happy with where life ended up, but she did dote on her daughter, I feel for that kid more than anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread