What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

T&P Please (2 Viewers)

All the best to Jack, you and your family.

We had a girl this year in my son's grade diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma.  She had some great support from the school community.  I'm sure your son will have a great support network behind him as well (including a bunch of internet nerds).

Best of luck to you and your family.  I was cleaning up my entertainment center last week and my old Keerockmas Vol 2 ( I think) CD. 

T's & P's.

I'm so sorry to hear this Keerock.

Saying prayers for your son to beat this thing and to you and your family to stay strong in support.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really sorry that you and your family are going through this. I read through the thread and I'm echoing everything that has been said. Thoughts and prayers out to your family, wishing for a full recovery!!

Kee - do you have comfortable recliner at home? A few weeks ago I was looking for something to do to help a guy who works for me, he was just starting chemo. My SIL who is an oncology nurse suggested we get him one as a place to nap, watch tv and recover from treatments.  So a bunch of folks threw in and had a kick-### recliner delivered to him. He loves it.

Anyway, if you don't I'd love to pitch in to get him one. I think we could get that together pretty easily here.

I want to make an "I may be a simple caveman" joke about beating cancer, but I just can't.  Ugh.  Stay strong.

Kee - do you have comfortable recliner at home? A few weeks ago I was looking for something to do to help a guy who works for me, he was just starting chemo. My SIL who is an oncology nurse suggested we get him one as a place to nap, watch tv and recover from treatments.  So a bunch of folks threw in and had a kick-### recliner delivered to him. He loves it.

Anyway, if you don't I'd love to pitch in to get him one. I think we could get that together pretty easily here.
In - I'm sure there is something a 17 year old kid wants. Let him know your internet nerd friends got it for him. 

ugh X alot

hitting the Vatican in aboot a month and will slip a note in that we need a good word from jeebus.  I assume he still lives there.

Just now saw this... ####.  Nothing I can say that hasn't already been said, but will keep that young man in T&Ps and you and the fam as well, Kee. Hang in there, brother. 

Jack wanted to attend his National Honor Society induction last night.  He put on his suit and tie and had a buddy push him across the stage in a wheelchair.  Broke my heart, but couldn't be more proud of him for having the strength to do that.

His chemo starts today.  Thanks to all of you for your continued thoprawishes please...

Outstanding idea.  Count me in.

Continued tps, kee. Good luck to Jack with the chemo.

Dunno why I'm thinking of the TV show silicon valley where they chant "always blue"... but that mantra has been in my head for positive results for every step of Jack and your famiky's upcoming journey. always blue

Jack wanted to attend his National Honor Society induction last night.  He put on his suit and tie and had a buddy push him across the stage in a wheelchair.  Broke my heart, but couldn't be more proud of him for having the strength to do that.

His chemo starts today.  Thanks to all of you for your continued thoprawishes please...
That gave me the chills. Hell of a young man. Hang in there KeeFam. 

Definitely some tears shed I'm sure 

That drive and perserverance right there is the exact reason Jack is going to kick this things ###.

Congrats to Jack and continued positive thoughts and prayers Kee.

I would be down to contribute.  If he doesn't need a recliner maybe we can pay for one of those food services during chemo.  Something like blue apron would really take away the daily stress of having to worry about making dinner.

Cool  :thumbup:

Should the Kees decide this is a good idea we'll need a volounteer to be the collector of funds and order the chair. I'll donate but can't be that guy.
Thanks again all... once we get home (Tuesday?) we'll ask him and assess if we think we need one.  Want to keep things as "normal" as possible (unless he says otherwise).  But overwhelmed by the compassion and awesomeness of this board.

Kee, he'll be wearing his NHS stole when he WALKS across the stage to receive his diploma next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack came home yesterday and got to sleep in his own bed for the first time in almost 2 weeks :thumbup:  

He's tolerating chemo very well so far.  Just some fatigue.  Hope this means he'll be able to power through with few side effects. His protocol currently calls for 3 different chemo drug combinations... he's already been through 2.  The third is still several weeks off.

He lost about 10 lbs while in the hospital, mostly due to a couple days of not being able to eat because of scheduled surgeries/procedures.  The catheter has been removed which will make his quality of life significantly better.  He is much more mobile now and I'm going to start working out with him (light cardio, body weight exercises, etc) to get him back on track.

Continued Thoprawishes please...

Jack came home yesterday and got to sleep in his own bed for the first time in almost 2 weeks :thumbup:  

He's tolerating chemo very well so far.  Just some fatigue.  Hope this means he'll be able to power through with few side effects. His protocol currently calls for 3 different chemo drug combinations... he's already been through 2.  The third is still several weeks off.

He lost about 10 lbs while in the hospital, mostly due to a couple days of not being able to eat because of scheduled surgeries/procedures.  The catheter has been removed which will make his quality of life significantly better.  He is much more mobile now and I'm going to start working out with him (light cardio, body weight exercises, etc) to get him back on track.

You got it Buddy.  Sounding Great!!  :thumbup:

Power through Jack!

Thank you for the update.This all sounds very positive. Much TPW to you all.

Positive update!!!

Continued thoughts and prayers your way, GB.

Users who are viewing this thread