What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Media Criticism (2 Viewers)

NYT said Fauci was muzzled

Fauci says that was misconstrued, and he hasn't been muzzled--EVER.    

No Fake News tho.

New York Post: "Man robbed at gunpoint after coronavirus-related release from Rikers"

The man robbed at gunpoint, was the man released from Rikers due to corona virus.  But the headline naturally leads people to believe the release from Rikers was the one holding people up at gunpoint.  

New York Post: "Man robbed at gunpoint after coronavirus-related release from Rikers"

The man robbed at gunpoint, was the man released from Rikers due to corona virus.  But the headline naturally leads people to believe the release from Rikers was the one holding people up at gunpoint.  
Well yeah. The Post is basically a tabloid most of the time.

Maybe so to avoid whatever...doesn't change that Okeefe and Veritas are typically a fraud...not to be trusted.
Not changing anything. Mainstream news will do some scummy things every now and again to get an agenda across. It's been proven throughout history. And sources like PV will occasionally dig up something worth looking into.

"Even a broken clock"....yada yada

Even when the proof is so obvious of media bias, you still can’t admit it? Chuck Todd flat out lied but I guess you’re OK with that.
Of course he is. That's his job. He's like the Adam's sschiff of FBG.  His job isn't to partake in facts, his job is to run interference and promote the fake narrative.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even when the proof is so obvious of media bias, you still can’t admit it? Chuck Todd flat out lied but I guess you’re OK with that.
Thats proof of media bias? A slightly altered statement that doesn't really change the meaning or make it look any better for Barr?  Ive barely even read about it...shouldn’t  have edited it...that was dumb...but the statement with or without the edit looks bad on Barr.

And its hard to get worked up over such media bias claims in a time where legitimate sources are not to be believed but we get links to twitchy, Breitbart, and GatewayPundit posted to the board.

Thats proof of media bias? A slightly altered statement that doesn't really change the meaning or make it look any better for Barr?  Ive barely even read about it...shouldn’t  have edited it...that was dumb...but the statement with or without the edit looks bad on Barr.

And its hard to get worked up over such media bias claims in a time where legitimate sources are not to be believed but we get links to twitchy, Breitbart, and GatewayPundit posted to the board.
Slightly altered? He literally questioned why Barr didn’t say something that he specifically said. That is not slightly altered, that is changing the narrative.

It took out one phrase...that is slightly altered yes.
Lol. Compared to most around here, I thought you used common sense. What is taken out is a hell of a lot more important that how much is removed. 
Ive seen enough of this thread. Keep fighting the partisan fight. 

Lol. Compared to most around here, I thought you used common sense. What is taken out is a hell of a lot more important that how much is removed. 
Ive seen enough of this thread. Keep fighting the partisan fight. 
You seem to be hing up in minor things  I said like slightly altered.  They changed it...they shouldn't have.  The statement was still bad for barr.  

This isn’t your normal tone when you see misinformation.  Why is that?
Reporters slammed Barr for not mentioning upholding  the rule of law which is funny because the part of the quote that was "slightly altered" (ie, removed) did just that.  Give the whole quote and let people decide how they feel about.  Too many opinion pieces out there that pick and chose which parts to use and which to "slightly alter".

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/media/chuck-todd-meet-the-press-barr-flynn-edit.amp

Is media bias a problem in which the MSM seems to take a left-leaning stance a majority of the time? Yes.

Do I take people seriously who complain about media bias when they also support a guy to lead the country who retweets and pushes narratives from people like Charlie Kirk, Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham? Nope.

It does not "look bad for barr"

Also meet the press clearly regrets it. 

You’re correct. Earlier today, we inadvertently and inaccurately cut short a video clip of an interview with AG Barr before offering commentary and analysis. The remaining clip included important remarks from the attorney general that we missed, and we regret the error.

this one isnt debatable at all. It was blatant.

It does not "look bad for barr"

Also meet the press clearly regrets it. 

You’re correct. Earlier today, we inadvertently and inaccurately cut short a video clip of an interview with AG Barr before offering commentary and analysis. The remaining clip included important remarks from the attorney general that we missed, and we regret the error.

this one isnt debatable at all. It was blatant.
It doesn't...did you read that quote and the meaning behind it?  His justification of that awful decision he made?  How in the world was it not bad?

Is media bias a problem in which the MSM seems to take a left-leaning stance a majority of the time? Yes.

Do I take people seriously who complain about media bias when they also support a guy to lead the country who retweets and pushes narratives from people like Charlie Kirk, Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham? Nope.
RedState, Breitbart, Twitchy, GatewayPundit....all sources being used lately...and now videos from Jesse Watters (yeah, read up on this guy...)

And its hard to get worked up over such media bias claims in a time where legitimate sources are not to be believed
Who is "legitimate?"  What made them the gatekeepers? 

Even if you think they exercise tough editorial standards and go to great lengths to appear "objective" (the greatest lie in political coverage), there is still a perceptible bias and subtle spin in much of their reporting. 

What they choose to center as "news," what they choose NOT to report on, the tone of the coverage, and of course things like being owned by Jeff Bezos or huge corporations, are all things that are bound to influence the way they cover current events.

Is Ronan Farrow Too Good to Be True?

[F]or all Mr. Farrow’s attraction to screenplay-ready narratives, he missed one that was made for this moment. The real story of John Fry, the I.R.S. employee who leaked Mr. Cohen’s records, went like this: Amid the swirl of the scandal involving Stormy Daniels, Mr. Avenatti, her lawyer, took to Twitter one day in May 2018, and demanded that the Treasury Department release Mr. Cohen’s records.

Mr. Fry, a longtime I.R.S. employee based in San Francisco, was one of the legions of followers of Mr. Avenatti’s Twitter account, and had frequently liked his posts. Hours after Mr. Avenatti’s tweet that day, Mr. Fry started searching for the documents on the government database, downloaded them, then immediately contacted Mr. Avenatti and later sent him Mr. Cohen’s confidential records, according to court documents. “John: I cannot begin to tell you how much I appreciate this. Thank you,’’ Mr. Avenatti wrote to Mr. Fry, according to the documents, then pressed him for more.

Mr. Fry ended up pleading guilty to a federal charge of unauthorized disclosure of confidential reports this January. In Mr. Fry’s defense, his lawyer said he had been watching “hours and hours” of television, and described him as “a victim of cable news.”

Mr. Farrow has a big following on social media, too, and some of the same tendencies that undermine his reporting show up there. In January, when jurors were being selected for the Weinstein trial, they were asked what they had read about Mr. Weinstein to see if they could serve impartially. Mr. Farrow tweeted that a “source involved in Weinstein trial tells me close to 50 potential jurors have been sent home because they said they’d read Catch and Kill.”

Mr. Farrow was not in the courtroom that day, and he told me last week that his source stands by that figure. But the court reporter, Randy Berkowitz, told me that he recalled laughing with lawyers and court staff the day after about Mr. Farrow’s tweet, which he said was seen as “ridiculous.”

And Jan Ransom, a reporter who covered the trial for the Times, was there. The actual number of potential jurors who read the book, according to Ms. Ransom’s reporting? Two. //

Damaging report by Ben Smith on Ronan Farrow & 'resistance' journalism

Who is "legitimate?"  What made them the gatekeepers? 

Even if you think they exercise tough editorial standards and go to great lengths to appear "objective" (the greatest lie in political coverage), there is still a perceptible bias and subtle spin in much of their reporting. 

What they choose to center as "news," what they choose NOT to report on, the tone of the coverage, and of course things like being owned by Jeff Bezos or huge corporations, are all things that are bound to influence the way they cover current events.
I prefer to get my news from openly biased sources because at least I know what I'm getting. Then I can listen to a Bernie guy, a Biden lady and a Trump guy and decide who made the better argument.

News sources who present themselves as unbiased but have a slant are incredibly dangerous imo

Biden campaign official calls CBS correspondent 'right-wing hack' in deleted tweet

The director of rapid response for former Vice President Joe Biden's presidential campaign called CBS News senior investigative correspondent Catherine Herridge a "right-wing hack" in a tweet that was later deleted. Andrew Bates criticized Herridge in the deleted tweet for her exclusive reporting obtaining acting Director of National Intelligence Richard Grenell's notification to Congress. The notification contained a list of dozens of former Obama administration officials who reportedly asked for documents that led to the identity of former national security adviser Michael Flynn being "unmasked" from intelligence reports between the 2016 election and President Trump’s inauguration.A copy of the list, later obtained by The Hill, includes Biden and former White House chief of staff Denis McDonough.

Bates reacted to the CBS report with a tweet saying, "SCOOP: Catherine Herridge is a partisan, rightwing hack who is a regular conduit for conservative media manipulation ploys because she agrees to publicize things before contacting the target to ask for comment," which was later deleted. The Biden campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment. “Attacking the press and attempting to intimidate independent media is a standard part of the authoritarian playbook," Biden said in a statement earlier this month. "Efforts to undermine public confidence in the integrity of fact-based reporting violate our core American values and threaten our very system of government."

The director of rapid response for former Vice President Joe Biden's presidential campaign called CBS News senior investigative correspondent Catherine Herridge a "right-wing hack" in a tweet that was later deleted.
Ha. I’m not surprised he said it. Oddly CBS has taken this big right turn, but actually Herridge has been far worse than she was at Fox. Weird stuff.

Ha. I’m not surprised he said it. Oddly CBS has taken this big right turn, but actually Herridge has been far worse than she was at Fox. Weird stuff.
It seems like she is reporting news here that Democrats don't like.   Seems like good info.  CBS should get kudos for bringing some balance.  

I’ve followed Herridge for a while now. It’s not the angle, it’s the stenography.
She tends to be very accurate and meticulous in her reporting.  Not sure how you can criticize her slant when you are perfectly OK with leftwing slant that plagues the MSM and drives half the population to hate them.

She tends to be very accurate and meticulous in her reporting.  Not sure how you can criticize her slant when you are perfectly OK with leftwing slant that plagues the MSM and drives half the population to hate them.
I think she has done good reporting in the past for Fox and ABC. And I'm find with bias in politics and journalism, that includes from the right and Herridge specifically. I'm referring to her time with CBS, and really I think it's a function of Barr and what's been coming out of the DOJ. 

The Daily Beast

@thedailybeast

3h

According to a report, Trump will not be unveiling his predecessor Barack Obama’s official White House portrait

While factually correct, the headline is very misleading (and Twitter Lefties are going crazy). If they actually read the story, it is implied that Obama is the one not interested in participating. 

Users who are viewing this thread