What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AC/DC Malcolm Young Dead (1 Viewer)

Big fan of the band - esp the Bon Scott era.

RIP Malcolm

:kicksrock:

Looks like I'm streaming AC/DC today :thumbup:

?

Countless nights listening to them in “secret” in high school because my parents thought it was devil music. 

Going to be an all AC/DC playlist at the rink during my daughter's hockey game this afternoon. 

RIP, Malc.

My first concert ever, AC/DC Providence Civic Center - November, 1985. Ears were ringing for days. RIP.

AC/DC was, and still is, a heavy part of my listening rotation. I've seem them many times and they never disappointed.

RIP Malcolm. For those about to rock we salute you. FIRE! 

?

Countless nights listening to them in “secret” in high school because my parents thought it was devil music. 
Lol. Yep.

I remember in catholic school in 7th grade, which would have been 1982. We would draw the AC/DC over and over and over and over and over on our folders and trapper keepers.

One of the greats.  :headbang:

Very sad but this was a long time coming. Glad he's no longer suffering.
So true and I agree.  As others have said, I grew up on AC/DC.
It was the late 70s and I have great memories of blasting AC/DC and watching my 7 year old little brother work on his Angus head banging technique.  Corrupted that kid early on.

My brother had a number of albums on vinyl and on tape. He was a HS senior in '86 I believe. I was born in '78 so you can understand the age difference. I remember being pinned down while Highway to Hell was playing on his stereo. He yelled in my face "You will love this. Get used to it" I also had 2 sisters, with whom I was really close to, that pushed a lot of pop on me.  In my formative years I took to my nice sisters rather than my richard brother.

It took until circa 1994 when a GB of mine (one of my groomsman, and now Godfather to my daughter) let me borrow Live at Donington on CD. I went and bought the double CD set after that and since then I've seen them 8 times, each one better than the last. 

Malcolm was the glue. River Plate tonight it is. :headbang:

"There's very few rock & roll bands...There's rock bands, there's sort of metal bands, there's whatever, but there's no rock & roll bands – there's the Stones and us.”...well said Malcolm.

The day was June 9th, 1979....The Palladium NYC...I was there. :headbang: :headbang:

UFO was the opening act, for some foggy reason I recall Michael Schenker fronting that night for UFO ( I may be wrong)

And then out came my 1st introduction to Malcolm, Angus and Bon Scott.

I was rocking my white High Voltage T-Shirt....

Still have my cheesy Ticketron stub from that night($7.50)  :thumbup:

My buddy’s caught up with the band after the show and chatted them up for a bit, the band was just psyched and pumped 

about their new Album ready to be released next month... Highway to Hell.

Still kicking myself 38 years later for missing that meet up. :wall:

Thanks for the memories Malcolm ....Rock on my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread