What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a weird comment. After a tough few years, I’m happy for him to have such a great game.
Didnt say I wasnt happy for him. Just his last couple years in Chicago weren't easy on the fans. 

The current team is trash with no future. Just watched them get smoked by GS. A 1pt OT loss to a good team, coach who should be canned, and top that off with hearing Rose drop 50. Just not inspiring.

The current team is trash with no future.
I don't agree with this either.  LaVine has exceeded my expectations to start the season averaging 28 points on good efficiency despite often being forced into difficult shots.   Markannen showed a lot of promise last year.  Carter Jr. could be an excellent player.  There are always ups and down with rebuilding but I like several of their pieces.

Juxtatarot said:
I don't agree with this either.  LaVine has exceeded my expectations to start the season averaging 28 points on good efficiency despite often being forced into difficult shots.   Markannen showed a lot of promise last year.  Carter Jr. could be an excellent player.  There are always ups and down with rebuilding but I like several of their pieces.
I went trick or drinking last night. Had a slight overreaction to the situation. I do like Markannen and Carter Jr. LaVine isnt a franchise guy. His defense is still horrible. One of the worst in the league with his plus minus and he is dropping almost 30 a night. He is an alright player, but I dont think any team can build a contender around him.

I dont think Portis is long term. Maybe Hutchinson develops, but the talent ends there.

Fred needs to go. But I'd the tank job is on, I can wait a year.  Just frustrating. I knew it was a rebuilding year, but the team looks so disinterested at times. 

I went trick or drinking last night. Had a slight overreaction to the situation. I do like Markannen and Carter Jr. LaVine isnt a franchise guy. His defense is still horrible. One of the worst in the league with his plus minus and he is dropping almost 30 a night. He is an alright player, but I dont think any team can build a contender around him.

I dont think Portis is long term. Maybe Hutchinson develops, but the talent ends there.

Fred needs to go. But I'd the tank job is on, I can wait a year.  Just frustrating. I knew it was a rebuilding year, but the team looks so disinterested at times. 
They need Kris Dunn on the floor.  A facilitator and defensive stopper could help the entire team out, but dude missed the first two games for the birth of his son, then played one game and promptly sprained his MCL and is out 4-6 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be interesting to see if Walton can make it to the end of the season:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/magic-johnson-reprimands-coach-luke-walton-after-lakers-3-5-start-report-says/ar-BBPgOO9?ocid=ientp

Who will Lebron select as the next coach? I can not imagine anyone wanting to work with this team and personalities on that team, Ty Lue?

ETA: better article:  http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25156914/magic-johnson-admonishes-luke-walton-los-angeles-lakers-slow-start
Plenty of mediocre former Lakers point guards to choose from.  Nick Van Exel?  Smush Parker?

hmm, as a Sixers fan, i could dig this:

https://twitter.com/TheRoyNorris1/status/1058527415964786689?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1058527727903522816&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fphiladelphia-76ers

trade is basically Bradley Beal for Fultz, Dario, Chandler, 2019 Bulls pick and i think the Miami unprotected pick. would certainly be a much better fit
i guess i don't hate that, though i'm currently feeling pretty bad about fultz.  I'm not sure that they want anything that would increase salary for next year, though, based on the fact that they declined Furkan.

Southeast Division looking like it has the potential to be historically bad so far.

Suns buying out the bizarre signing Tyson Chandler. Rumor he's going to Lakers.

Next up: Trevor Ariza and Jamal Crawford. Still have no clue why they gave a high dollar 1 year deal to Ariza with Jackson/Bridges pick. At least Crawford's the vet min (he'll be gone soon enough). And then let Ryan Anderson rot on the bench until prudent to buy him out.

Been out of the loop but the Suns finally canned GM Ryan McDonough. The guy was a disaster ever since the Bledsoe-Gragic-IT2 debacle. 

92 free throws in 76ers-Pistons 
i only saw the first half, but refs were quite active from the get go.  Not sure if part of it was to keep the game under control with the embiid-drummond rivalry or just to really enforce these no touching rules, but there was some bull#### called on the pistons for sure.  embiid was filthy and i almost felt sorry for drummond.

Sounds like the Lakers will soon acquire and older, more brittle version of JaVale McGee. Zubac's days as a Laker are  numbered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread