Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyU

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Thread

On 5/22/2019 at 10:09 AM, Jayrod said:

AOC is basically a microcosm of the very system that lead to Trump

We have Trump because the system was fresh and dynamic but also at times over exuberant and impulsive?   

• Like 1

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is returning to her restaurant roots this week. She'll serve drinks to show support for the federal Raise the Wage Act and abolishing below-minimum wage for tipped workers in New York State

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-ocasio-cortez-restaurant-workers-minimum-wage-tipped-20190528-gmvdbirsxfdgrbkumfwp42hpaq-story.html

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, squistion said:

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is returning to her restaurant roots this week. She'll serve drinks to show support for the federal Raise the Wage Act and abolishing below-minimum wage for tipped workers in New York State

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-ocasio-cortez-restaurant-workers-minimum-wage-tipped-20190528-gmvdbirsxfdgrbkumfwp42hpaq-story.html

Great. So she says she defends the workers of her state, but then steps in and takes work away from them - working a shift that they could be working. Everything she does is so stupid. #jonquote

• Like 3
  • Laughing 3

Just now, whoknew said:

In fairness, they made (what seems like) a pretty sincere apology. Probably either a rogue employee or just a dumb mistake.

rumblings from peeps i know in Fresno suggest it's the Entertainment Manager for the Grizzlies who greenlit the video.

8 minutes ago, jonessed said:

The Kim Jong-Un comparison seems unfair.  She might actually like the Castro comparison though.

You think she would like to be compared a a dictator and tyrant?

Just now, whoknew said:

Not everybody sees him that way.

1 minute ago, jonessed said:

Not everybody sees him that way.

You’re about 40 years behind the times. 

Che Guevara is still a leftist icon. So is Frieda Kahlo. Fidel, Not so much. 

16 minutes ago, whoknew said:

In fairness, they made (what seems like) a pretty sincere apology. Probably either a rogue employee or just a dumb mistake.

:yes:

Fresno Grizzlies‏Verified account @FresnoGrizzlies 12h12 hours ago

We're embarrassed we allowed this video to play without seeing it in its entirety first. We unconditionally apologize to Rep. Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) in addition to our fans, community and those we hurt. It was a mistake and we will ensure that nothing like it ever happens again.

Offensive that they'd even be talking about "enemies of freedom" at a baseball game.  Get the jingoism out of sports already!  :censored:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, whoknew said:

I have it on good authority that he did some good things for public schooling and civil rights. 

8 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

People in this thread are obsessed with the Fresno Grizzlies.  

Nobody is obsessed. The Fresno Grizzlies are just the face of baseball. And they are morons. They are the dumbest baseball team in existence.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Nobody is obsessed. The Fresno Grizzlies are just the face of baseball. And they are morons. They are the dumbest baseball team in existence.

Even the kitchen staff doesn't know what a garbage disposal is. 

44 minutes ago, whoknew said:

They can’t spell accomplishments. 

4 hours ago, jonessed said:

The Kim Jong-Un comparison seems unfair.  She might actually like the Castro comparison though.

Castro is a little too far to the right for her. 

5 hours ago, whoknew said:

Great. So she says she defends the workers of her state, but then steps in and takes work away from them - working a shift that they could be working. Everything she does is so stupid. #jonquote

Why do you liars always have to make up quotes instead of using my actual quotes?  Are you obsessed with lying?  It is not like there are not hundreds of actual quotes to choose from.  Really pathetic.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, whoknew said:

If you've got a quote for jon you want to use, use the exact quote and link. Thanks.  If not, don't "quote" someone saying something if it's not a real quote. 

4 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

Why do you liars always have to make up quotes instead of using my actual quotes?  Are you obsessed with lying?  It is not like there are not hundreds of actual quotes to choose from.  Really pathetic.  

I feel confident that people on this board knew that wasn't an actual quote.

• Like 4

Just now, Joe Bryant said:

If you've got a quote for jon you want to use, use the exact quote and link. Thanks.  If not, don't say someone quoted something if it's not a quote. 

Parody is not allowed anymore? I'm confident people on this board knew that wasn't an actual quote. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Parody is not allowed anymore? I'm confident people on this board knew that wasn't an actual quote. 

It wasn't being excellent. HTH

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Quoting someone saying something they didn't say is not allowed. Thanks. 

5 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Quoting someone saying something they didn't say is not allowed. Thanks. 

I feel like you're avoiding the actual issue here Joe. I can't imagine anyone thinks that was a direct quote. Would it be different if he'd written "Sounds like something Jon would say"? Would that not be allowed?

3 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

I feel like you're avoiding the actual issue here Joe. I can't imagine anyone thinks that was a direct quote. Would it be different if he'd written "Sounds like something Jon would say"? Would that not be allowed?

It was taking a shot at Jon...that isn't hard to understand.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

If you've got a quote for jon you want to use, use the exact quote and link. Thanks.  If not, don't "quote" someone saying something if it's not a real quote. 

I'm pretty sure he was making a joke. Might want to clarify that parody/humor is not exempt from the "not misrepresenting quotes" policy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

Not avoiding at all.

Quoting someone is a big deal. If you're going to quote someone, use the actual quote.

If you want to say "sounds like something X would say" that can sometimes be ok. BUT it is very often used in a way where the person they're talking about doesn't agree with it at all. Where it become putting words into their mouth.

Fortunately, in this medium, everything is right here in black and white. If you want to talk about something says, it's tons better to use the actual words they say as they're right here in front of us. So please just do that. That way there's no disagreement and you're talking about facts. Thanks.

11 minutes ago, Gr00vus said:

Might want to clarify that parody/humor is not exempt from the "not misrepresenting quotes" policy.

Thanks. Quoting someone saying something they didn't say is not allowed. Including the #quote thing.

Edited by Joe Bryant
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

It wasn’t a joke, it was a potshot.  He knows better.  We all do.

These things aren’t hard.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, jonessed said:

It most certainly was a joke. Some of the world's greatest humor is grounded in biting criticism.

I'm not going to say I'm the Smothers Brothers or anything but there is definitely humor in my posts.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Cruz & Cortez reach agreement.

- All seems good here.

That would be amazing.

I'd love to see more of this kind of stuff.  Maybe something along the lines of term limits for Congress as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, parasaurolophus said:

I loved this comment...

"The writers for this season are awesome"

Frankly, Ted Cruz and AOC make for a pretty good buddy cop movie.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

1 minute ago, Mister CIA said:

What!?  No one has fired up a @Jon quote alias yet.

Yea I'm not doing that again. Last time I did that, someone reported me and then I got yelled at. 

Fake quotes (regardless of how freakin' hilarious they are) are not allowed on these boards.

On 5/28/2019 at 6:36 PM, jonessed said:

Seems the concept of being decent to other posters is stil going over some their heads.   I am glad Joe stepped up and said something.  Positions get distorted all the time by the mob as a cheap way to marginalize different viewpoints.  It is a lot of the same mob who gets upset if AOC's positions get distorted even in the slightest bit to mock her positions.     

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

1 hour ago, Sand said:

Classy.  She's becoming a corrupt swamp creature while we watch.

Another good across the aisle subject.  If this passes we won't have to wrangle with cases like EWTN.

Depends.  If this for Cruz is like when the $2 copay allergy prescription became the $40 OTC meds then AOC needs to say no thank you. 

1 hour ago, Sand said:

Classy.  She's becoming a corrupt swamp creature while we watch.

Another good across the aisle subject.  If this passes we won't have to wrangle with cases like EWTN.

Lol.  A 3-5k raise.  Swamp creature.  

You cant make this up.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, zoonation said:

Lol.  A 3-5k raise.  Swamp creature.  

You cant make this up.  

And corrupt. 

• Like 1

I am glad she is getting a pay raise.   I hope she shares it evenly with her staff along with all the excess salary she receives.