What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Thread (6 Viewers)

I think this is a plant. Whoever this AnonymousQ person is - probably works for her or someone who likes her. So he sent this video out under the guise of making her look silly, knowing it would make everyone like her even more.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://twitter.com/_waleedshahid/status/1080896088524181509

One boo and a groan from others about the boo, imo.

The fear was palpable!
Do you really want us to document every conservative/GOP comment about AOC?  This would be a 2,000 page thread.  About a woman who is less than 24 hours into her first term in Congress.  

The obsession is undeniable, and if you’ve got a better explanation for it than fear (or possibly horniness) I’d be happy to hear it.

Do you really want us to document every conservative/GOP comment about AOC?  This would be a 2,000 page thread.  About a woman who is less than 24 hours into her first term in Congress.  

The obsession is undeniable, and if you’ve got a better explanation for it than fear (or possibly horniness) I’d be happy to hear it.
You have to admit, that's not quite what you expected when you first heard about it.

Ben Shapiro Destroys Ben Shapiro in One Simple Sentence...

"Let's say for the sake of argument that all of the water levels around the world rise by, let's say, five feet over the next 100 years. Say 10 feet over the next 100 years. And it puts all of the low-lying areas on the coast underwater. Let's say all of that happens...

You think people aren't just going to sell their homes and move?"

"Let's say for the sake of argument that all of the water levels around the world rise by, let's say, five feet over the next 100 years. Say 10 feet over the next 100 years. And it puts all of the low-lying areas on the coast underwater. Let's say all of that happens...

:mellow:

Who is going to buy these homes?

Here is America’s favorite commie know-it-all acting like the clueless nitwit she is...
...High School video of “Sandy” Ocasio-Cortez
https://t.co/s723Vga9zF
Don Quixote already mentioned it, but my favorite thing about this stupid tweet is that the author thought it was a high school video despite about 3000 visual cues to BU in 45 seconds. 

the right hates her cause they aint her she is attractive engaging and relatable basically everything everything that fox news deciples aint take that to the bank brohans 

Ramsay Hunt Experience said:
I guess my second favorite thing is that she could be unironically doing The Carlton and it would still be WAY less embarrassing than bragging about committing sexual assault to impress Billy F’n Bush. 
AOC was frolicking around unsafely, flailing around in an unsafe manner, whereas this distinguished Congressmen is standing still by a nicely decorated wall.

Her two initial proposals have been rejected. Frankly they were unrealistic. She wants a “Green New Deal” that will eliminate fossil fuels in 10 years, a special committee to work on it, and no Democrat to take any money from fossil fuel companies. The last part may come about, but 10 years is undoable without gutting our economy and getting the Democrats thrown out of office, and Pelosi knows this. Dealing with climate change is a huge problem, perhaps impossible, because the American public will not tolerate punishing themselves to the degree that people like AOC is is demanding. It’s just that simple. 

Her second proposal, eliminating Paygo, makes a lot of sense to me. But again Pelosi knows that the Republicans will jump on this like nothing before and will have a point of attack that a lot of the public will agree with. You can’t eliminate paygo unless and until you have a majority in House and Senate, a Democrat in the White House, AND a mandate from the public to spend in certain areas. So again Pelosi was correct to shoot it down. 

0-2. But AOC is new at this. She’ll get the hang of it. 

Her two initial proposals have been rejected. Frankly they were unrealistic. She wants a “Green New Deal” that will eliminate fossil fuels in 10 years, a special committee to work on it, and no Democrat to take any money from fossil fuel companies. The last part may come about, but 10 years is undoable without gutting our economy and getting the Democrats thrown out of office, and Pelosi knows this. Dealing with climate change is a huge problem, perhaps impossible, because the American public will not tolerate punishing themselves to the degree that people like AOC is is demanding. It’s just that simple. 

Her second proposal, eliminating Paygo, makes a lot of sense to me. But again Pelosi knows that the Republicans will jump on this like nothing before and will have a point of attack that a lot of the public will agree with. You can’t eliminate paygo unless and until you have a majority in House and Senate, a Democrat in the White House, AND a mandate from the public to spend in certain areas. So again Pelosi was correct to shoot it down. 

0-2. But AOC is new at this. She’ll get the hang of it. 
I know next to nothing about her but I look at this as a great thing.

I don’t want us off fossil fuels in 10 years. I mean sure if it were possible but to me the, internet fanatsy football nerd, it seems unrealistic. But, just that we are talking about this - something like a Manhattan Project for green energy - is awesome. 

For me, it’s similar reasoning as to why I didn’t want Bernie to win the nom but think he’s great for our political system. I loved listening to that guy and respected him more than Clinton but I thought what he was trying to do was too extreme for the position of President (also never dreamed a scenario where Hillary would totally #### the bed and lose). 

I hope she continues to put up this kind of stuff her entire time she’s in there. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Henry Ford said:
It's allegedly from high school.

So Brett Kavanaugh being accused of attempted rape - how dare you bring up high school!

AOC dancing - look at this frivolous dancing girl!

Definitely the dumbest timeline.

Righty goons:

”Here’s a disturbing video of a young Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez DANCING!”

also them

”Brett Kavanaugh’s high school drunkapades were just good-natured hijinx.”
EXACTLY

Need to see a Venn diagram of people who watch that vid and think it’s some negative and those who donated to the “build a wall” gofundme page. 

The last part may come about, but 10 years is undoable without gutting our economy and getting the Democrats thrown out of office, and Pelosi knows this.
Getting to all renewable in 10 years is all idea and no thought about what it would actually take to get there.  Just the permitting process for the infrastructure is a decade.  The part of her Deal that talks about upgrading every structure in the US to work on only renewables is a multi trillion dollar ask.  And impossible, unless she includes nuclear inside her umbrella.  She seems to be what one would expect - young, idealistic, but without a shred of understanding what it would mean to actually implement her wish list.  

Mile High said:
Any concrete examples of folks (not random idiots, but recognizable politicians/newscasters/etc.) throwing shade on this?  Great song, cute girl.  Makes me miss college.

Any concrete examples of folks (not random idiots, but recognizable politicians/newscasters/etc.) throwing shade on this?  Great song, cute girl.  Makes me miss college.
Some writers from Reason were among the first to circulate the video, though it’s hard to tell now that the OP nuked his account.

Users who are viewing this thread