What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Blacks Support Trump (2 Viewers)

Healthcare, the environment, consumer protections, gay rights, higher minimum wages, labor rights, fighting for medicare, medicaid and social security? I don't think it has to targeted at black folks to be good policy for them.  

Trump talks about black unemployment but that number was above 12% when Obama took office. 

Dems never do anything for black voters is a right wing generated talking point. We know this. 
Oh yeah PUBLIC EDUCATION! Fighting for lower student loan interest rates also too. 

To be honest,

And the few black faces they do have are usually situated prominently behind Trump while he is at the podium to give the impression that the numbers in attendance are much greater than they are.
Blacks are 13 % of the population. Black approval rating for Trump is 36 percent. So....

Last edited by a moderator:
I was personally appalled at the way the Liberal media responded to the meeting.  Kayne made multiple points (stop and frisk laws, prison reform, overseas labor issues, welfare) and instead of attacking the guys points, they attacked the guy personally.  "This is what happens when negro's don't read", "token negro", etc.  

My personal takeaway from the issues I heard him discuss (admittedly I didn't hear all of them) were:

1. I can see why he thinks "stop and frisk" laws create tensions among police and blacks but I see the utility in continuing to have them.

2. I can buy his argument that the 13th Amendment should be abolished because it allows slavery for prisoners and the judicial system is inherently racist causing a large number of blacks to be subject to "legal slavery".

3. I'm so-so on his labor issues, but I see where he's coming from.  Nike, a competitor of his is using cheap labor in China and Vietnam to produce low cost products and then sell them at high margins.  He wants to produce his shoes in the US but he claims it costs him $300 to make them so he believes that US businesses need tax breaks so they can compete with cheap foreign labor.

4. The point I absolutely agree with is his position on welfare.  He thinks that the welfare system is systemically keeping the blacks in poverty and because it's supported by Democrats, it's a way to enslave the black vote so they can continue to receive benefits.  He's wrong about the household size requirements as that part was changed, but the whole welfare State that America has become really does help keep blacks impoverished.

He's not very eloquent and his mind goes from place to place pretty easily, but rather than attack him personally, have a real legitimate debate of the issues instead of the name calling.
Hey I just want to say thanks for injecting some thought on the issues.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Sorry I know you're long gone from this much needed thread, but I just want to point out that this is the way Trump operates. Look at what happened here. Trump had West at the WH. And what as a Trump supporter is your takeaway? That Trump had a winner over and look at the media’s reaction. No discussion about what Trump is doing for black Americans. This really is a classic Trump moment, here's a black celebrity, therefore Trump will win the black vote and...? Crazy way to run a government.
he took a meeting with Kayne's wife & later granted clemency for some black babe in prison for a drug charge.  Think she had been is prison for 15 years.  he gave her a second chance.  Sounded like a decent thing to do but if you hate Trump you will find other motivations that will satisfy your blood lust.

You can't trust the media amirite?
You certainly can't trust Rasmussen which pretty much everyone but Trump supporters and Fox watchers agree is an outlier. In another thread someone posted all the issues concerning their methodology (mostly exclusive use of land lines and calling hours which ensure a higher sampling of conservatives) and why their numbers are always out-of-step with other polling organizations.

I was personally appalled at the way the Liberal media responded to the meeting.  Kayne made multiple points (stop and frisk laws, prison reform, overseas labor issues, welfare) and instead of attacking the guys points, they attacked the guy personally.  "This is what happens when negro's don't read", "token negro", etc.  

My personal takeaway from the issues I heard him discuss (admittedly I didn't hear all of them) were:

1. I can see why he thinks "stop and frisk" laws create tensions among police and blacks but I see the utility in continuing to have them.

2. I can buy his argument that the 13th Amendment should be abolished because it allows slavery for prisoners and the judicial system is inherently racist causing a large number of blacks to be subject to "legal slavery".

3. I'm so-so on his labor issues, but I see where he's coming from.  Nike, a competitor of his is using cheap labor in China and Vietnam to produce low cost products and then sell them at high margins.  He wants to produce his shoes in the US but he claims it costs him $300 to make them so he believes that US businesses need tax breaks so they can compete with cheap foreign labor.

4. The point I absolutely agree with is his position on welfare.  He thinks that the welfare system is systemically keeping the blacks in poverty and because it's supported by Democrats, it's a way to enslave the black vote so they can continue to receive benefits.  He's wrong about the household size requirements as that part was changed, but the whole welfare State that America has become really does help keep blacks impoverished.

He's not very eloquent and his mind goes from place to place pretty easily, but rather than attack him personally, have a real legitimate debate of the issues instead of the name calling.
Are you crazy?  If he is not a Dem he has to be destroyed as with mental problems, stupid, an Uncle Tom, Trump's token negro.  Get with the program.

Your sentence 4 is so right & your whole post is too.  IMO

In a word, no. It is consistently an outlier to the other polling organizations and tracks about 4-5 points to the right.
any polling companies more accurate or all they are swaying things one way or another?  Seen some of the questions asked by some & they are so slanted to get the result they want.  Is this the norm or is their someone we can look to within a  3 pt margin & say it's pretty accurate??

You certainly can't trust Rasmussen which pretty much everyone but Trump supporters and Fox watchers agree is an outlier. In another thread someone posted all the issues concerning their methodology (mostly exclusive use of land lines and calling hours which ensure a higher sampling of conservatives) and why their numbers are always out-of-step with other polling organizations.
Yet, even though they didn't project Trump winning either, they had the most accurate pole data before the last election.  

Why would anyone who doesn't fit Trump's very narrow definition of who he cares about support him?

If you are:

• Black
  • Female
  • Non-Christian
  • LBGTQ
  • Middle class or lower economically
  • Have any health problems
  • Liberal
If you are any of the above, Trump doesn't care about you.  He only cares about:

• White
  • Male
  • Christian
  • Straight
  • Wealthy
  • Healthy
  • Conservatives
  • Who kiss his ###
20% of households make over $100,000 per year, so right there we have 80% that shouldn't support Trump.  Add in gender, and you're up to 90% non-support.  Of the 10% left, how many are black, or non-Christian, or gay, or have health problems?

Why would anyone who doesn't fit Trump's very narrow definition of who he cares about support him?

If you are:

• Black
  • Female
  • Non-Christian
  • LBGTQ
  • Liberal
If you are any of the above, Trump doesn't care about you.  He only cares about:

• White
  • Male
  • Christian
  • Straight
  • Wealthy
  • Healthy
  • Conservatives
  • Who kiss his ###
20% of households make over $100,000 per year, so right there we have 80% that shouldn't support Trump.  Add in gender, and you're up to 90% non-support.  Of the 10% left, how many are black, or non-Christian, or gay, or have health problems?
Hint, people are dumb. 

he took a meeting with Kayne's wife & later granted clemency for some black babe in prison for a drug charge.  Think she had been is prison for 15 years.  he gave her a second chance.  Sounded like a decent thing to do
She was part of a drug ring. You’re in favor of this on a wide scale as a matter of policy possibly releasing thousands of federal prisoners convicted of a variety of drug and weapons charges?

I agree with your last sentence except for "who is spewing hate towards the left wing mobs".   Left wing mobs are spewing hate!  It's all around us & being encouraged by Maxine, Clinton, Holder to name a few.
This must on the list of approved talking points:

Daniel Dale‏ @ddale8 2h2 hours ago

Trump claims "an angry Democrat mob" wanted to destroy Kavanaugh even before he was selected.

"These. Are Bad. People. We can't let this happen to our country."

Daniel Dale‏ @ddale8 2h2 hours ago

Trump reminds the crowd that he told African-Americans, "what do you have to lose?"

He claims, extremely incorrectly: "They all believe it now."

Trump claims he is going to "get the African-American vote." He adds, struggling a bit to keep a straight face: "And it's true, Kanye West -- what he did was pretty amazing yesterday. Pretty amazing."

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1050887719394496512

Daniel Dale‏ @ddale8 2h2 hours ago

Trump reminds the crowd that he told African-Americans, "what do you have to lose?"

He claims, extremely incorrectly: "They all believe it now."

Trump claims he is going to "get the African-American vote." He adds, struggling a bit to keep a straight face: "And it's true, Kanye West -- what he did was pretty amazing yesterday. Pretty amazing."

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1050887719394496512
So the Russians are going to hack this election too. Great. 

Not really surprised that there is no thread here since blacks supporting Trump goes against the left narrative.

Trump surrounds himself with winners, like Kanye and Jim Brown, 2 of the most successful guys in history in their respective fields, and the media hates it.

CNN called Kanye a "Token Negro" who doesn't read on live tv yesterday. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhaQS5AXdcE

It terrifies the Dems when a successful black person expresses conservative ideas or support for Trump. If they lose 25% of blacks they will never win another presidential election. Maybe this explains why they have been pushing so hard for illegals, but I digress.

In general black support of Trump has doubled since the election. After Trump takes action on an issue that Obama never even acknowledged (the war zone that is South Side Chicago) I predict black support jumps another 10%.

It will be interesting to see how the media (and people here) handle this. 

Do they continue with their politics of hate and division that we have seen 24/7 since 11/9/2016? Or do they finally set aside their pettiness and start rooting for what is good for the people of this country?

This can be a thread for news about what Trump is doing for the black community, blacks who support Trump, and all of the good/bad media coverage.

Also, I will go on record now and predict that Trump wins 30%+ of the black vote in 2020. 
What did Trump do? These assertions are baseless.

"Trump does good things for people. Support for him has doubled". 

Ok, link to something more substantial than people taking about Kanye West? That's not proof of anything you've claimed here.

Truth is Donald Trump doesn't care about them or about you. There's a lifetime of Trump's actions speaking louder than words on this topic to back that up. Believe what you will, but he's not gaining support there.

I just think this stuff is interesting. Trump got 6% of the black vote in Michigan. Also 6% in Wisconsin. He got 7% in PA. 

I'm just curious what kind of change that was vs Romney and how much that affected things, but then again comparing against Obama would seem to cause a false positive anyway.
In Michigan, Democrats needed to win the inner city black vote by substantial margins to carry the State.  So when the returns came in Hillary didn't get the black turnout she need to get Michigan.  In the metro areas of Wayne, Washtenaw, Genesse and Oakland (Detroit, Ann Arbor and Flint), Hillary got ~1,002,000 votes to Trumps 652,000.  The previous election Obama got 1,193,000 to Romney's 636,000.  Hillary lost Michigan by ~10,000 votes.  

In PA, Hillary lost Northeast counties (Luzerne and Northamption) that Obama had won in the previous elections and got totally obliterated in the middle part of the State where Obama had a least respectable numbers.  She actually performed as well in Philadelphia (a notoriously pro-Democrat city) and Pittsburgh as Obama did.

Don't feel like looking at Wisconsin.  IMO, Democrats need to motivate black voters in urban areas to turnout in elections.  If they don't, they will have a difficult time winning general elections.  Economically, if things remain the same (strong economy, low black unemployment) I think it's going to be hard to motivate people to go out and vote against Trump and that doesn't mean they will vote for him, they will just not vote.

I think by election night, the polls had Trump pretty close.  Still probable to lose, but not by a substantial margin IIRC.
Most were within the margin of error and most were very close as far as popular vote totals. National polling was decently accurate while some state polling had issues (leading to the overall “who would win” type polls being off).

The argument to toss out all polls because Hillary was projected to win is one of the worst arguments out there since 2016 and constantly gets thrown around by people with understanding  statistical analysis and polling. Also often times confuse opinion polls with other types of polls which is equally funny.

Most were within the margin of error and most were very close as far as popular vote totals. National polling was decently accurate while some state polling had issues (leading to the overall “who would win” type polls being off).

The argument to toss out all polls because Hillary was projected to win is one of the worst arguments out there since 2016 and constantly gets thrown around by people with understanding  statistical analysis and polling. Also often times confuse opinion polls with other types of polls which is equally funny.
The majority of polls didn't predict Brexit too. 

In Michigan, Democrats needed to win the inner city black vote by substantial margins to carry the State.  So when the returns came in Hillary didn't get the black turnout she need to get Michigan.  In the metro areas of Wayne, Washtenaw, Genesse and Oakland (Detroit, Ann Arbor and Flint), Hillary got ~1,002,000 votes to Trumps 652,000.  The previous election Obama got 1,193,000 to Romney's 636,000.  Hillary lost Michigan by ~10,000 votes.  

In PA, Hillary lost Northeast counties (Luzerne and Northamption) that Obama had won in the previous elections and got totally obliterated in the middle part of the State where Obama had a least respectable numbers.  She actually performed as well in Philadelphia (a notoriously pro-Democrat city) and Pittsburgh as Obama did.

Don't feel like looking at Wisconsin.  IMO, Democrats need to motivate black voters in urban areas to turnout in elections.  If they don't, they will have a difficult time winning general elections.  Economically, if things remain the same (strong economy, low black unemployment) I think it's going to be hard to motivate people to go out and vote against Trump and that doesn't mean they will vote for him, they will just not vote.
I have seen countless stories on this in Michigan.  The Dems put Trump in office by not turning out for Hillary. The GOP vote was pretty much the same as it had been. Clinton did not inspire her base supporters.

Take Michigan for example. A state that Obama won in 2012 by 350,000 votes, Clinton lost by roughly 10,000. Why? She received 300,000 votes less vote than Obama did in 2012. Detroit and Wayne County should kick themselves because of the 595,253 votes they gave Obama in 2012, only 518,000 voted for Clinton in 2016. More than 75,000 Motown Obama voters did not bother to vote for Clinton. They did not become Trump voters – Trump received only 10,000 votes more than Romney did in this county. They simply stayed at home. If even a fraction of these lethargic Democrats had turned out to vote, Michigan would have stayed blue.

In a word, no. It is consistently an outlier to the other polling organizations and tracks about 4-5 points to the right.
So Rasmussen is the one poll that is actually correct and not skewed to manipulate uninformed people into thinking that their fringe beliefs are normal?

#RobertO'Rourke2020!!!

:lmao:

If you are:

• Black
  • Female
  • Non-Christian
  • LBGTQ
  • Liberal

• White
  • Male
  • Christian
  • Straight
  • Wealthy
  • Healthy
  • Conservatives
  • Who kiss his ###
Such an ignorant post. 

For those at home, this is what a troll looks like.

So full of hate and ignorance.

Joe demonstrates a lot of tolerance for allowing you to keep posting this garbage.

So Rasmussen is the one poll that is actually correct and not skewed to manipulate uninformed people into thinking that their fringe beliefs are normal?
Nope, in studies done of polling accuracy, as reflected by voting results, Rasmussen is consistently (but not always) about 4-5 points off with a larger GOP number that the actual result.  Their methodology problems (detailed in another thread) particularly an almost exclusive use of land lines and calling hours ensures a result that reflects more older, white, conservative voters (which is why they are Fox News favorite polling outfit).

Such an ignorant post. 

For those at home, this is what a troll looks like.

So full of hate and ignorance.

Joe demonstrates a lot of tolerance for allowing you to keep posting this garbage.
We have pretty good statistical evidence of what Don's support looks like demographically. And even your own wildest predictions, endorsed by practically no one else on this board, of what percentage of the black vote he could win tops out at 30%. 

If you have some support for really good numbers for Donald, by all means let's have at 'em.

We have pretty good statistical evidence of what Don's support looks like demographically. And even your own wildest predictions, endorsed by practically no one else on this board, of what percentage of the black vote he could win tops out at 30%. 

If you have some support for really good numbers for Donald, by all means let's have at 'em.
please just ignore

I have seen countless stories on this in Michigan.  The Dems put Trump in office by not turning out for Hillary. The GOP vote was pretty much the same as it had been. Clinton did not inspire her base supporters.

Take Michigan for example. A state that Obama won in 2012 by 350,000 votes, Clinton lost by roughly 10,000. Why? She received 300,000 votes less vote than Obama did in 2012. Detroit and Wayne County should kick themselves because of the 595,253 votes they gave Obama in 2012, only 518,000 voted for Clinton in 2016. More than 75,000 Motown Obama voters did not bother to vote for Clinton. They did not become Trump voters – Trump received only 10,000 votes more than Romney did in this county. They simply stayed at home. If even a fraction of these lethargic Democrats had turned out to vote, Michigan would have stayed blue.
Who the Democrats vote on (or should I say, who the Super Delegates nominate) to run against Trump will be very important.    

Who the Democrats vote on (or should I say, who the Super Delegates nominate) to run against Trump will be very important.    
Hopefully a nominee gets selected in the first ballot so the Super Delegates don't have a vote.

Black women vote and I think most here miss that. The black man vote is what is missing. Misogyny is real and some did not vote or voted for Trump.

Black approval of Trump at record high

Some 40 percent of black likely voters approve of the job President Donald Trump is doing, according to the daily Rasmussen poll released on Oct. 29.

The number marks a record high, the pollster noted, and shows a rapid rise in support for the president among black voters, compared to Rasmussen’s own results from a year ago.

The poll showed 29 percent support for Trump among blacks on Aug. 6, compared with 15 percent on Aug. 3, 2017.
#Blexit

Trump approval also beats Obama approval 48-45 for 10/30 of year two first term.

Users who are viewing this thread