What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Blacks Support Trump (2 Viewers)

I suspect CNN won’t allow such an overtly racist showing again.  At least not for a while.  That was very low, even for them.

I suspect CNN won’t allow such an overtly racist showing again.  At least not for a while.  That was very low, even for them.
Is this gonna turn into one of those dumb things where people pretend they don't understand context, specifically why black people are allowed to talk about race in a way that white people generally cannot?

How about if we just skip this dumb charade this time. Especially when there's other stuff to take issue with CNN about, like making light of mental illness.

Is this gonna turn into one of those dumb things where people pretend they don't understand context, specifically why black people are allowed to talk about race in a way that white people generally cannot?

How about if we just skip this dumb charade this time. Especially when there's other stuff to take issue with CNN about, like making light of mental illness.
I think giving anyone a pass is degrading that being said them making fun of mental illness makes it even worse if that were possible. 

can you pinpoint a time or place where she said something smart?  she should use the old maxim of "better to silent & thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt".  IMHO
Yeah, anytime she disparaged Trump.

And we know where Trump stands in the old maxim.

can you pinpoint a time or place where she said something smart?  she should use the old maxim of "better to silent & thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt".  IMHO
https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/maxine_waters

We have a responsibility as elected officials to do good public policy in the best interest of all the people

We have suffered discrimination. We have suffered isolation and undermining. But we stand up for America, oftentimes when others who think they are more patriotic, who say they are more patriotic, do not.

I am one who believes in the power of the people. I am inspired when I see people hit the streets, who challenge their elected officials, and are willing to stand up and fight. I encourage it.

I think that people should do what their heart and soul tells them to do. 

I've listened to Maxine Waters for over 30 years. She's not stupid, but she's an angry person, always eager to throw oil on the fire. I don't like her; never have. She's the Democratic version of Ted Cruz. Like President Trump, she believes that divisive politics are the best politics.

But the problem with Trump's criticism is that it's part of a pattern of painting all black people he doesn't like as dumb; he does it again and again, and it's impossible not think that it's intentional at this point.

Not bad.  She can convey intelligent thoughts.   Any of those in the last two years?  Not to get snarky but I followed the link & no dates that I could see.  Just saying all I've seen come out of her mouth since the election is hate.  IMO
This is a waste of a thread. Last post for me.  Maybe hate from a black woman (of which 4% voted Trump) towards a racist isnt out of place.

Who's spewing hate towards the leftwing mobs? When he should be governing all. 

Not bad.  She can convey intelligent thoughts.   Any of those in the last two years?  Not to get snarky but I followed the link & no dates that I could see.  Just saying all I've seen come out of her mouth since the election is hate.  IMO
Moving the goal posts. He called her low IQ it's his go to insult for people of color. Either be intellectually honest or stop. He is being no different than the CNN then have you so upset 

I've listened to Maxine Waters for over 30 years. She's not stupid, but she's an angry person, always eager to throw oil on the fire. I don't like her; never have. She's the Democratic version of Ted Cruz. Like President Trump, she believes that divisive politics are the best politics.

But the problem with Trump's criticism is that it's part of a pattern of painting all black people he doesn't like as dumb; he does it again and again, and it's impossible not think that it's intentional at this point.
of course you think it's intentional.  you go out of your way to find racism.  It's what you do although I find your lessons on Russia history amazing.

Add Herschel Walker to the list

Football legend-turned-activist Herschel Walker is calling for CNN to fire Don Lemon after the “CNN Tonight” host laughed when rapper Kanye West was referred to as “the token negro of the Trump administration" during a segment that aired Tuesday night.

Walker, who has openly supported Trump, is also an outspoken advocate for mental health issues – which were also mocked during the segment. Walker took to Twitter to express his disbelief.

“Went to bed appalled over Don Lemon's despicable behavior laughing at Tara Setmayer and Bakari Sellers' awful remarks about Kanye West’s visit with [Trump]! Woke up wondering why CNN doesn’t take all three off the air?” Walker tweeted, adding the hashtag "#Shameful."
Mostly any black republican who doesn't toe the Dem. party line is abused like this, although it's usually the "uncle Tom" bit.   This latest was pretty bad from CNN.

This is a waste of a thread. Last post for me.  Maybe hate from a black woman (of which 4% voted Trump) towards a racist isnt out of place.

Who's spewing hate towards the leftwing mobs? When he should be governing all. 
I agree with your last sentence except for "who is spewing hate towards the left wing mobs".   Left wing mobs are spewing hate!   It's all around us & being encouraged by Maxine, Clinton, Holder to name a few.

Better stick to better ways to help the country rather than burning up cars with a Trump bumper sticker & beating on cars in Portland,  & assaulting Susan Rice's son at a pro Kavannaugh rally,  shooting a Rep. senator at a charity baseball game(he was degranged, but it was politically motivated),  shouting Repubs. reps out of eateries, as this is really a bad look.   IMO

Better get a handle on this.  I'm just an interested observer & never, ever, seen anything like it.   The pure unadulterated hate & not many of you can control it.  good luck.

I agree with your last sentence except for "who is spewing hate towards the left wing mobs".   Left wing mobs are spewing hate!   It's all around us & being encouraged by Maxine, Clinton, Holder to name a few.

Better stick to better ways to help the country rather than burning up cars with a Trump bumper sticker & beating on cars in Portland,  & assaulting Susan Rice's son at a pro Kavannaugh rally,  shooting a Rep. senator at a charity baseball game(he was degranged, but it was politically motivated),  shouting Repubs. reps out of eateries, as this is really a bad look.   IMO

Better get a handle on this.  I'm just an interested observer & never, ever, seen anything like it.   The pure unadulterated hate & not many of you can control it.  good luck.
better ways to help the country

Um, no,violent left wing mobs are not all around us. Pointing to a violent act of one person in isolated incidents does not constitute a violent mob (see left wing protesters who were attacked at Trump rallies).

Trump sets the tone for discussions with his awful characterizations and low iq language. You people who cry over people who act similarly is laughable. You want change, it has to start at the top.

Trump sets the tone for discussions with his awful characterizations and low iq language. You people who cry over people who act similarly is laughable. You want change, it has to start at the top.
Yeah, I'd much prefer the mealymouth talk around politician speak we get from any other system career representative. Trump's not much better, but there's a balance that few fail to strike.

This entire post is a big fat lie you've been told, believed because you want it to be true, and now parrot ad nauseum. 

I must have missed it when CNN was making fun of Common and other black people who were visiting Obama. 
Sorry just entering this conversation.  Why would they?  What's funny about that?  What did Common do that was funny?

Last edited by a moderator:
of course you think it's intentional.  you go out of your way to find racism.  It's what you do although I find your lessons on Russia history amazing.
Thanks. I hope to finish that sometime, but I need better sources. 

Heres the thing though: with Donald Trump I don’t have to go out of my way to find racism. 

This entire post is a big fat lie you've been told, believed because you want it to be true, and now parrot ad nauseum. 
His posts consists almost entirely of well documented factual stories with a bit of commentary.   How can that be lies?  You may disagree with his characterization, but to say it is a lie is a ridiculously small-minded personal attack with zero substance.

And the funny/ironic thing about parrotting is this is the exact same post that another poster directed at me.  Yeah, some real deep-thinkere here.  :lol:

These kind of posts are an example of horrible trolling which drag the discussions into the mud.  

Actually that Fox report to its credit provides the full CNN segment. It definitely provides additional context to the discussion. Sellers was referring to a Chris Rock bit. Setmayer is a conservative herself but as been pointed out if anyone ever wants to settle the impenetrable and interminable argument about what blacks get to say about other blacks be my guest, and Scott Jennings is a conservative and he was laughing too.

About mental health, calling West crazy isn’t exactly novel. People have been saying that for a while. And actually I’m not quite sure why Trump supporters aren’t more annoyed by Jennings, who’s supposed to be there to defend Trump, saying that West & Trump are just a couple promoters feeding off each other.

Kanye choosing the Apple Store in Georgetown for his first (only?) other stop in a town that's 50% black tells you everything you need to know about whether black people are coming around on Trump.
The black people I come in contact with around Detroit really do not have the negativity that is displayed here about Trump.  I have to attend some Chamber of Commerce events in the city and I said it before they don`t talk about the things talked about here.  It is more upbeat and positive that unemployment is down and more people are working.  I know for a fact Detroit police force which is probably 75% black like Trump.

Sorry..did not mean to post anything positive.

I have nothing to add to this but I just wanna :blackdot: this thread because it's amazing.

Normally I would assume people saying they think the black community is gonna swing to Trump are just trolling. 
I wouldn't be surprised if the black community would want to swing somewhere else , what have the Dems done for them in ...well, ever?

Kanye choosing the Apple Store in Georgetown for his first (only?) other stop in a town that's 50% black tells you everything you need to know about whether black people are coming around on Trump.
What does that have to do with anything?

Users who are viewing this thread