What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Worst food ever? (2 Viewers)

Liver is the one food I simply can't eat. I've tried it multiple times and I can't do it. I look at liver and onions and think I can do it and then one bite and I can't understand anyone that eats it.
I can`t eat liver but my grandmother used to make kidneys and they are as bad or worse.  My dad forced me to eat them when I was little..I threw up. Remember my mom and dad got into a big fight because my sister and I both were gagging and throwing up.

Our dog loved both though!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the fact that they're all things that make me wonder what the hell a Greek man did to you to make you hate all of them.
Mustard and horseradish are greek?  That makes me wonder if it's somehow coded into my DNA to hate them.  Like a long time ago my people were oppressed by the Greeks and hatred of their cuisine has been passed down.  

But then again I love gyros.

Mustard and horseradish are greek?  That makes me wonder if it's somehow coded into my DNA to hate them.  Like a long time ago my people were oppressed by the Greeks and hatred of their cuisine has been passed down.  

Who's your people?

And Gyros are really just shawarma with tzatziki

cottage cheese...I throw up a little in my mouth just thinking about eating it

I second Cottage Cheese, it is foul...

I would say it depends on what you get, but I get the hate.  Gloppy large curd is wretched.  Small curd and relatively dry is awesome.  Breakstone’s and Frienship are my favorites.  Low fat, high protein, and plenty of calcium are what interest me.  Tastes pretty good with a bit of fresh ground pepper too.

I'm in that group where parents randomly made it and we had to eat it. I probably have not eaten it in 30 years. Last week I go into this southern soul food hole in the wall, and grab some of what I thought to be deep fried fish. Nope it was Liver. I almost blew chunks right there.

I hate it it so much, I see that I can't even type the word out.

Gefilte fish is the answer. I got subjected to this crime against humanity at a seder when I first started dating an ex. I asked if the purpose of it at the seder was to somehow encapsulate and convey in edible form the horror of the Holocaust. 

The joke didn't land. It probably didn't help that I'm a blue eyed pure blood German. Her parents hated me after that for the entire time we dated and I'm still fairly sure that was a big part of the reason we broke up. 

So the moral of the story is that gefilte fish is so gross that it transcends general atrociousness and actually destroys relationships. 

Funny story.  Gyros are not actually Greek.  

Shocked Okra has not been mentioned. Top of my list--the texture, the look, the taste---all nasty. Only a heavily spiced bowl of gumbo can get me to force some down and even then I hate myself for eating it. Like firm slime, yuck.

Not too many foods that I couldn't eat if I were hungry enough.

Vienna Sausage is probably one of the few that I'd take a hard pass on.

:X

While were on the topic of foods ...

Wanna know the difference between a Fenway Frank and a Yankee Dog?

Can't get a Yankee dog in late October.

I will also throw out this...my mother (70+ yrs old) thought my brother said that he loved her chili when we were growing up.  I recall zero times she made it.  So on his 40th birthday celebration at my parents house she made her "famous" chilli.  It was literally PREGO vegetable sauce with beans and meat thrown in.  ####### so gross.  So ####### gross.  Gross.

Liver.  I'm sure there are worse things out there but I've never had to eat them.  Liver was an occasional meal for us as a kid an absolutely hated it and mom's policy was you don't like what's for dinner too bad.
Ordered the chicken livers for dinner tonight at the restaurant we went to.  Pretty good.

:lmao:

Because of European Union food hygiene-health regulations, the cheese has been outlawed, and offenders faced heavy fines.[9]However, some Sardinians organized themselves in order to make casu marzu available on the black market, where it could be sold for double the price of an ordinary block of pecorino cheese.[7]

Attempts have been made to circumvent the EU ban by having casu marzu declared a traditional food (it has been made in the same manner for more than 25 years, and it is therefore exempt from ordinary food hygieneregulations). The traditional way of making the cheese is explained by an official paper of the local Sardinian government.[12]

A cooperation between sheep farmers and researchers of the University of Sassarideveloped a hygienic method of production, in 2005, aiming to allow the legal selling of the cheese.[13]

White chocolate - awful

Black Licorice - don’t think anyone eats this

Eggplant - awful

Lamb - worst of the meat family 

Meringue - all that pomp and work for cooked air, whose sole purpose is to make your pie look twice as big as it is. I don't get it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread