What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dining in groups (1 Viewer)

Maybe. Personally, I don’t enjoy going out with people who are cheap and/or uptight about money.

Or bad at math.
But going out with people that want to make sure they pay their share so pay a bit more are the kind of people I want to hang out with. Typically if there is more cash than needed it means everyone paid their fair share and then some.

I have never been a in a situation where the person collecting the cash for the bill gets more than needed where it becomes a problem. In those cases they try and give money back and nobody every takes it. Ends up a bigger tip for the waitstaff.
Exactly my experience

Graduated in 1988. Went to work in Houston for a large gas transportation company.

Many a nights any where from 6-8 of us single guys would go out on the town. Go to 3/4 different places. One of use would open a tab. End of the night we'd all settle up w/ cash or a "I'll get them next time".

Compare and contrast to every Friday 10/12 of us guys and GIRLS would go out for lunch.

Bill would come and everyone would chip in cash..................and we were ALWAYS SHORT.

Then we'd have to go through the receipt:

"ok who had fajitas w/ sour cream, guac, and cheese. Those extras were $ each"
"who ordered the queso?"
"did you leave a tip?"
"did you remember tax?"
"this place charges for EACH Coke, so who ever had 4...."
"who ordered the desert to go"

95% of the time it was a (more than one) woman. I'm not being sexist, but this was my experience.

BUT I did have a co worker (ened up getting fired because he was an idiot) who no matter where we went for a "working dnner", he would always order a to go desert for himself AND dinner for his wife. I'm like WTF?
Been in this scenario many times, but different result. Men and/or women, usually too much cash is thrown in the pot.
In my circle, it seems like no one carries cash anymore. One person puts it all on their card and then everyone else Venmo’s them.

Graduated in 1988. Went to work in Houston for a large gas transportation company.

Many a nights any where from 6-8 of us single guys would go out on the town. Go to 3/4 different places. One of use would open a tab. End of the night we'd all settle up w/ cash or a "I'll get them next time".

Compare and contrast to every Friday 10/12 of us guys and GIRLS would go out for lunch.

Bill would come and everyone would chip in cash..................and we were ALWAYS SHORT.

"who ordered the queso?"
"did you leave a tip?"
"did you remember tax?"

95% of the time it was a (more than one) woman. I'm not being sexist, but this was my experience.

BUT I did have a co worker (ened up getting fired because he was an idiot) who no matter where we went for a "working dnner", he would always order a to go desert for himself AND dinner for his wife. I'm like WTF?
Been in this scenario many times, but different result. Men and/or women, usually too much cash is thrown in the pot.
In my circle, it seems like no one carries cash anymore. One person puts it all on their card and then everyone else Venmo’s them.
Yes, this happens with my friends as well. Pretty sure the guy with the cc ends up with a few extra bucks, after all is said and done.

"who ordered the queso?"
"did you leave a tip?"
"did you remember tax?"

This was back in the 80's. Now I ususally only go out w/ my adult and college aged kids.............and of course I pay.

"who ordered the queso?"
"did you leave a tip?"
"did you remember tax?"

This was back in the 80's. Now I ususally only go out w/ my adult and college aged kids.............and of course I pay.

Name checks out.

Users who are viewing this thread