What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official "I VOTED" thread (1 Viewer)

I dropped off my completed ballot yesterday.  We have a poling place right here where I work.  Locally we have a few bond issues, a couple of initiatives and referendums,  and a few state races.  We have a bit of out of state money working the fracking issue, and a constitutional question on compensation for governmental takings that has government quite concerned.

I voted for one Republican, an Independent who use to posture themselves a Democrat, nearly a dozen Libertarians, and two Constitution party candidates.  I voted for local control as opposed to out of state corporate interest and for individual rights as opposed to government power.  On taxing matters I supported funding for schools and infrastructure though the collectivist Educational cartel will misuse the money, again.

I will not miss the lying political ads.  My favorite locally is we have an attorney running, no surprise.  He worked criminal defense.  His opponents liken him to his clients.  He represented mother rapists, and father stabbers and folks accused of creating a nuisance, basically everybody on the Group W bench and therefore must either approve of them or potentially be one himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Voted early in DC last week. Must be nice to vote in a congressional election, those of you who voted for House and Senate candidates who don't condone bigotry and fearmongering have my gratitude. 

Also, please remember that long lines and social media posts like this one should not make you feel warm and fuzzy.  They should make you mad as hell. Nobody should have to wait more than 20 minutes to vote.

Voted early in DC last week. Must be nice to vote in a congressional election, those of you who voted for House and Senate candidates who don't condone bigotry and fearmongering have my gratitude. 

Also, please remember that long lines and social media posts like this one should not make you feel warm and fuzzy.  They should make you mad as hell. Nobody should have to wait more than 20 minutes to vote.
I have stood in line over two hours to vote more than once in my life, but not in the last  8 years or so since we got mail in ballots.

I dropped off my completed ballot yesterday.  We have a poling place right here where I work.  Locally we have a few bond issues, a couple of initiatives and referendums,  and a few state races.  We have a bit of out of state money working the fracking issue, and a constitutional question on compensation for governmental takings that has government quite concerned.

I voted for one Republican, an Independent who use to posture themselves a Democrat, nearly a dozen Libertarians, and two Constitution party candidates.  I voted for local control as opposed to out of state corporate interest and for individual rights as opposed to government power.  On taxing matters I supported funding for schools and infrastructure though the collectivist Educational cartel will misuse the money, again.

I will not miss the lying political ads.  My favorite locally is we have an attorney running, no surprise.  He worked criminal defense.  His opponents liken him to his clients.  He represented mother rapists, and father stabbers and folks accused of creating a nuisance, basically everybody on the Group W bench and therefore must either approve of them or potentially be one himself.
My favorite local ad has a farmer running and has his opponents face imposed on his field while he is in his #### spreader blasting #### on his face.

True story 

Voted this am. About a 45 min wait. I’m only voting once. More younger voters than usual. Was in India for two weeks so missed early voting, but also missed all the political ads. Taj Mahal was amazing! Some interesting tv stations in india with screaming debates for/against the government. Visited a Sikh temple in Delhi that serves a minimum of 8,000 people for free, 7x24 for over 500 years, all by donations and volunteers. Interesting that they treat all religions/people as equal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Voted this am. About a 45 min wait. More younger voters than usual. Was in India for two weeks so missed early voting, but also missed all the political ads. Taj Mahal was amazing! Some interesting tv stations in india with screaming debates for/against the government. Visited a Sikh temple in Delhi that serves a minimum of 8,000 people for free, 7x24 for over 500 years, all by donations and volunteers. Interesting that they treat all religions/people as equal.
I don't know anything about that Sikh temple, but India isn't exactly the greatest place to look for an example of comity among different religions.

Users who are viewing this thread