What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Saints @ Dallas Game Thread *** Who Dat VS Dem Boyz (1 Viewer)

Dude on Saintsreport that lives in DFW reporting that their neighbors are shooting off fireworks. Did Dak hoist the Lombardi while I was in the john or something?

Cowboys D punched the Saints in the mouth tonight. Impressive as hell. 

Especially considering the Saints got a couple short fields on turrnovers and Randy Gregory screw ups. Best defensive effort I have seen this year against that potent an offense. 

Dude on Saintsreport that lives in DFW reporting that their neighbors are shooting off fireworks. Did Dak hoist the Lombardi while I was in the john or something?
Jerk offs in Seattle set off fireworks every time they score in my neighborhood, even when they are losing.  This isn't something novel. Maybe your fan base needs to get out a little more?

Made a little on D +7.5 tonight. Should have bet the farm on D winning the division -200 before their game. Was thinking I'd get a better number, but, that's long gone. 

I am never a blame the refs or conspiracy kindof guy but that may have been one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen.  I mean some absolute "are you kidding me?" calls and missed calls.

When Dak put it on the ground with just over 2 minutes left I was sure the Saints were going to win.  I was wrong.

It was refreshing to see a game where neither team scored in the 20's, more less the 30's, 40's, or 50's. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I am never a blame the refs or conspiracy kindof guy but that may have been one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen.  I mean some absolute "are you kidding me?" calls and missed calls.
Yeah, it was very poorly officiated.  I don't think there is a case for a conspiracy though since both teams got screwed by some calls/non-calls. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone get video of this play?

3rd‑3:12 50 2nd and 5 A.Kamara right end to DAL 47 for 3 yards (L.Vander Esch; J.Smith).

When Dak put it on the ground with just over 2 minutes left I was sure the Saints were going to win.  I was wrong.

It was refreshing to see a game where neither team scored in the 20's, more less the 30's, 40's, or 50's. 
I enjoyed the hell out this game.  Cripes there were some hard hits.  Zeke is a great RB.  So is Kamara.

I enjoyed the hell out this game.  Cripes there were some hard hits.  Zeke is a great RB.  So is Kamara.
Agree. 

I like scoring as much as the next fan but sometimes (Rams\Chiefs in particular) I feel like I’m watching Arena Football. Entertaining but doesn’t feel like football. This game was great despite the low scoring. 

Cowboys had a great defensive plan against Kamara and they executed perfectly. No missed tackles which was something I haven’t seen when watching a Saints game previous. Kid is electric but Dallas had him surrounded and hit him hard. 

What was really confusing was how the Cowboys were able to cover other Saints while selling out to stop Kamara and Thomas. Almost like they figured out a way to guard three WR/TEs with two defenders at times. For a bunch of games in a row, defenses have paid dearly for selling out on Kamara/Thomas -- what changed here? Other dudes should've been running free.

What was really confusing was how the Cowboys were able to cover other Saints while selling out to stop Kamara and Thomas. Almost like they figured out a way to guard three WR/TEs with two defenders at times. For a bunch of games in a row, defenses have paid dearly for selling out on Kamara/Thomas -- what changed here? Other dudes should've been running free.
Lots of man on man defense with really good CBs coached by Kris Richard.  That let's the linebackers and strong safety play free.

They were but Brees couldn't find them due to constant pressure, both inside and on the edge.  

I would have thought the Saints would gameplan better in the 2nd half and commit to more runs and screens to try and slow down the pressure but that never happened. 

I hope it's a good thing that they can learn from and adjust because they will likely see that again in the playoffs.

OK ... explain the 28 points allowed to the no-offense Titans in Dallas? A little Jeckyll-&-Hyde going on.

Less scheme, more grabbing and intensity. But, if refs are calling it loose, you gotta do it (see also Seattle's Legion of Boom).

Agree. 

I like scoring as much as the next fan but sometimes (Rams\Chiefs in particular) I feel like I’m watching Arena Football. Entertaining but doesn’t feel like football. This game was great despite the low scoring. 

Cowboys had a great defensive plan against Kamara and they executed perfectly. No missed tackles which was something I haven’t seen when watching a Saints game previous. Kid is electric but Dallas had him surrounded and hit him hard. 
best game I've watched this year.  Neither team gave an inch.

just seemed like the Dallas defenders were everywhere.  I can't explain it, but it was cool.  A real damn good football game.

caveat:  no skin in the game-I like both teams-i love execution-the way it is supposed to be done.

just seemed like the Dallas defenders were everywhere.  I can't explain it, but it was cool.  A real damn good football game.

caveat:  no skin in the game-I like both teams-i love execution-the way it is supposed to be done.
Hey watch it in here with that stuff. Some Eagle fans claim it was a conspiracy that got Dallas the win.

Jerry paid off refs cars; Goodell fixed the schedule before the season to set up NO in week 11 to have to travel on a short week;  Beasley rapped a song that mesmerized the Saints coaches so much they missed challenging his knee down short of the first down; the whole team are drug dealing convicts who benefit from cocaine inducted adrenaline; etc... 😋

Some Eagle fans claim it was a conspiracy that got Dallas the win.
Really?  Where?  Every one I've seen has said that this game showed Dallas is better than Philly right now and that the div is pretty much theirs.

Really?  Where?  Every one I've seen has said that this game showed Dallas is better than Philly right now and that the div is pretty much theirs.
Deamon, the post was tongue in cheek to the whole  crap show between some juvenile fans on both Boys and Philly fan clubs. You are not one but you know who they are. Just scroll up to page 9 and 11. It's too much to cut and paste but it's basically your fanboy Desean Jackson10 who claims Jones bought cars for the refs; paid off the refs; etc. Same guy says in multiple other threads that Cowboy fans are Nascar rednecks, sleeping with our cousins, and other derrogatory remarks. All this while he beats his drum about hating "alledged" racism from young girls, and they deserve beat downs for saying th N word. (Just go follow his abuse promoting rants in any of the many Hunt/Ware cesspool threads). Mind you that the video of Hunt smacking her around is silent, but yet he must lip read or have super powers to claim she must have said it to make sweet Kareem push and kick her. With that being said,  I apologize if you feel like I put you in the same class as that demented clown. You,  Insein, Dhockster, Bankerguy, my buddy Jetmaxx and a few more know better, that we are all fans of our own team; we also recognize our own team faults, and we can have good natured banter as well as self deprecating remarks without the trash that some of the immature "I know you are, but what am I" kindergarteners muck up the game threads with.

As as far as the game goes on Sunday, trust me we know that as surprised as we are that we beat NO, we would not be surprised one bit to be blown out at home 35-3 in Jerry World.

Users who are viewing this thread