Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Insein

Eagles vs Bears - NFC Wild Card - Henceforth Known as the Double Doink Game

Recommended Posts

Should have been a tied game if he made it....that ball crossed the line on the 2 pt conversion. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outside of Philly, nobody is happier right now than the Rams, they wanted no part of the Bears after what happened a month ago.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

All that Cowboys fan chirping a few weeks ago when you all had a one game lead in the division and you won’t end up getting any further that the Eagles....so Cowboys congrats. :lmao:

Your post makes no sense. We were talking about the eagles getting lucky. 

You guys have a complex lol

Anyway, congrats on advancing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, travdogg said:

Outside of Philly, nobody is happier right now than the Rams, they wanted no part of the Bears after what happened a month ago.

ehh, Eagles beat them the next week in LA. They will be rooting for New Orleans next week cause if the Eagles get to play in LA it will be a home game for them

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Wingnut said:

Had the Bears won, they would have played vs the Rams next week though.

I'm rooting for a NO - Chargers super bowl with Brees beating the team that tossed him aside for Rivers. That would be pretty poetic.

I think the NFC East is out next weekend.

Edited by Osaurus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cody Parkey doing interviews in the locker room. He answered them all, some jackass asked him if he thinks he'll have a job in Chicago next year. Brutal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, dickey moe said:

Want to see a side shot of where exactly the ball landed on the crossbar.

Why does that matter? The ball has to go through

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, The General said:

Besides the head guy announcing #### sounding like he was wasted the calls were pretty good tonight I think.

Yeah, that was bizarre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, eoMMan said:

Should have been a tied game if he made it....that ball crossed the line on the 2 pt conversion. 

Was damn close. Wouldn’t have been surprised if they called it good. It was weird, I thought the sideline cam showed it cross the tip of the goal line while the overheads didn’t. Tough call either way. 

But just like Sproles up the middle, it was a bad play call. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Cody Parkey went 3-of-4 on field goals in Chicago's 16-15, Wild Card loss to the Eagles on Sunday, missing a 43-yard game-winning field goal at the end of the fourth quarter.

Parkey had a tumultuous first season in Chicago, hitting the uprights four times in Week 10 against the Lions, again in Week 17, and finally hit the upright and crossbar on the same kick against Philly with the Bears trailing by one point with five seconds remaining in the contest. On the year, Parkey went 26-of-34 on field goals and 42-of-45 on extra points. That's not good enough. Signed to a four-year deal, Parkey is very likely to be cut in the offseason after this latest blunder.

Rotoworld take. He's done on the Bears.

Edited by The Frankman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr.Pack said:

Why does that matter? The ball has to go through

I know that - just want to see how close it was to doinking the other way through.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, modogg said:

ehh, Eagles beat them the next week in LA. They will be rooting for New Orleans next week cause if the Eagles get to play in LA it will be a home game for them

Well, unless all those fans are flying in from Philly, THEY ARE NOT TRUE FANS!!!! 

:lmao:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2019 at 9:58 AM, flapgreen said:

Last time? With the Raiders? Not pertinent to this discussion. The Bears defense has talent all over the place.  

Sure, any game is winnable. The Eagles aren't a bad team by any measure. They're not beating the Bears, though. 

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, travdogg said:

Outside of Philly, nobody is happier right now than the Rams, they wanted no part of the Bears after what happened a month ago.

Goff has never thrown well in the cold and the playoff game wouldn't have been in Chicago.  Not sure what your point is here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Insein said:

Does Parley get cut before he leaves the building?

Should of been cut 8 weeks ago. I was more shocked he made his first 3 than him missing the game winner. That was inevitable. Not finding a better K is all on Pace and Nagy. Chargers went through a few and found a guy who won it for them today. Bears might of had a bye today if they addressed this sooner. Such a newbie to playoff football thinking you could win in big time games with a 70% K. For the positive, Mitch played better than I expected. Nagy seemed to have a muzzle on him most of the game but he got them into position to win. ARob was a stud today also. Overall bad offensive play calling. Not ready for prime time, but should be in good hands moving forward. Never should of dumped Gould.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The General said:

Cody Parkey doing interviews in the locker room. He answered them all, some jackass asked him if he thinks he'll have a job in Chicago next year. Brutal.

Cody Parkey got more guaranteed money this year than that jackass will make in a lifetime, so there’s that

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

Parkey is not cheap: Cody Parkey leaves Miami Dolphins for $15 million contract.

He had a great rookie season and a great 2017 with Miami.

He’s made like $10M in the NFL. Kicking. Poorly. When you put that in perspective, hard to feel too bad for him. 

I’m just pissed the Bears are our. That was a fun team to watch. And they had a real chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rove! said:

Cody Parkey got more guaranteed money this year than that jackass will make in a lifetime, so there’s that

:lol: That probably does make it easier to sit there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, The General said:

Cody Parkey doing interviews in the locker room. He answered them all, some jackass asked him if he thinks he'll have a job in Chicago next year. Brutal.

He handled it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cowboysfan8 said:

Pulling up old posts on a message board is the worst shtick ever imo

Not when an over confident guy completely dismisses everyone and fails to realize beating the Vikings was borderline insanity.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:
7 minutes ago, Slider said:

👍

Pulling up old posts on a message board is the worst shtick ever imo

Usually.  But sometimes posters come off as extremely condescending so a gentle reminder can be appropriate.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Not sure what happened here.

Pace loved Connor Barth. He also was probably cheaper, don’t remember. All on Pace. Gould is like 83 of 85 since being cut by Pace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Slider said:

Not when an over confident guy completely dismisses everyone and fails to realize beating the Vikings was borderline insanity.

exactly.  That dude was crowing non stop, claiming a bears win was a mortal lock.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, need2know said:

Trying to talk my wife into going to New Orleans for this game.  It's a losing battle😆

Saw them play the Hawks there Halloween weekend a couple years ago.

DO THIS. CANNOT RECOMMEND ENOUGH. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The General said:

Saw them play the Hawks there Halloween weekend a couple years ago.

DO THIS. CANNOT RECOMMEND ENOUGH. 

It is a uniquely memorable thing in life!  Well worth the battle to get there!!

New Orleans is a special place!! I have been to New Orleans 4x... once Halloween & 2x Mardi Gras and they are the most memorable trips I have taken.  More so than Paris & London!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, modogg said:

+305. i'm hoping more money comes in on N.O. don't think line will get to 10 but should go up a bit

I’m actually liking the Cowboys at + 255 as well.  Hell I kind of like both the Colts and Chargers as well.  I think all road teams have a good shot next week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

I’m actually liking the Cowboys at + 255 as well.  Hell I kind of like both the Colts and Chargers as well.  I think all road teams have a good shot next week.

the Cowboys had the largest discrepancy with home and road play. it was weird how much of a difference it was, but that has me cautious against them next week. i think Rams may be the weakest of the 4 who didn't play this weekend

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, modogg said:

the Cowboys had the largest discrepancy with home and road play. it was weird how much of a difference it was, but that has me cautious against them next week. i think Rams may be the weakest of the 4 who didn't play this weekend

Good point.  I think the Cowboys defense can slow the Rams down and it will come down to turnovers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ericttspikes said:

Should of been cut 8 weeks ago. I was more shocked he made his first 3 than him missing the game winner. That was inevitable. Not finding a better K is all on Pace and Nagy. Chargers went through a few and found a guy who won it for them today. Bears might of had a bye today if they addressed this sooner. Such a newbie to playoff football thinking you could win in big time games with a 70% K. For the positive, Mitch played better than I expected. Nagy seemed to have a muzzle on him most of the game but he got them into position to win. ARob was a stud today also. Overall bad offensive play calling. Not ready for prime time, but should be in good hands moving forward. Never should of dumped Gould.

EXACTLY my thoughts after this game. So annoyed we stuck w Parkey. Surprised he made the first 3. Did not like the offensive play calling much at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ted Lange as your Bartender said:

Trayvon Hester tipped Parkey’s kick at the LOS

https://twitter.com/scottgustin/status/1082095504970919936?s=12

@jtannenwald: Here’s a great photo from @phillydotcom staff photographer Yong Kim of Treyvon Hester reaching out to get a piece of Cody Parkey’s game-deciding field goal attempt: https://twitter.com/jtannenwald/status/1082104555255578625/photo/1

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw a video - the FG was tipped. 

Y’all bears fans can stop sending Parkey’s family death threats now. :doh: 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ted Lange as your Bartender said:

Trayvon Hester tipped Parkey’s kick at the LOS

https://twitter.com/scottgustin/status/1082095504970919936?s=12

Yep. Hell of a play, too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rove! said:

Left

 

that is why you don’t cheap out on kickers 

 

Belichick is the smartest coach in the league, and he always has a great kicker

And yet even their "great" kicker missed an extra point in the playoff game that gave the Broncos the win and a SuperBowl for Peyton.

Bottom line is . . . it happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If bears fans booed the kicker this hard what will they do next year when Trubisky goes full Bortles and they miss the playoffs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel for you Bears fans. You've got a lot to be proud of and importantly, a lot to look forward to. Hang in there. It was a bad beat. Plain and simple. The game could have very easily gone the other way. And congrats to Eagles fans. They did what they had to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a football fan with no rooting interest in any of the teams, Philadephia at Dallas in the championship game sounds like fun television. So does LA/NO rematch. Anything else would be just okay. Fun weekend. 

Edited by Neil Beaufort Zod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The General said:

Saw them play the Hawks there Halloween weekend a couple years ago.

DO THIS. CANNOT RECOMMEND ENOUGH. 

I was at that game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.