What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eagles vs Bears - NFC Wild Card - Henceforth Known as the Double Doink Game (3 Viewers)

Outside of Philly, nobody is happier right now than the Rams, they wanted no part of the Bears after what happened a month ago.
Goff has never thrown well in the cold and the playoff game wouldn't have been in Chicago.  Not sure what your point is here.

Does Parley get cut before he leaves the building?
Should of been cut 8 weeks ago. I was more shocked he made his first 3 than him missing the game winner. That was inevitable. Not finding a better K is all on Pace and Nagy. Chargers went through a few and found a guy who won it for them today. Bears might of had a bye today if they addressed this sooner. Such a newbie to playoff football thinking you could win in big time games with a 70% K. For the positive, Mitch played better than I expected. Nagy seemed to have a muzzle on him most of the game but he got them into position to win. ARob was a stud today also. Overall bad offensive play calling. Not ready for prime time, but should be in good hands moving forward. Never should of dumped Gould.

Saw them play the Hawks there Halloween weekend a couple years ago.

DO THIS. CANNOT RECOMMEND ENOUGH. 
It is a uniquely memorable thing in life!  Well worth the battle to get there!!

New Orleans is a special place!! I have been to New Orleans 4x... once Halloween & 2x Mardi Gras and they are the most memorable trips I have taken.  More so than Paris & London!

I’m actually liking the Cowboys at + 255 as well.  Hell I kind of like both the Colts and Chargers as well.  I think all road teams have a good shot next week.
the Cowboys had the largest discrepancy with home and road play. it was weird how much of a difference it was, but that has me cautious against them next week. i think Rams may be the weakest of the 4 who didn't play this weekend

the Cowboys had the largest discrepancy with home and road play. it was weird how much of a difference it was, but that has me cautious against them next week. i think Rams may be the weakest of the 4 who didn't play this weekend
Good point.  I think the Cowboys defense can slow the Rams down and it will come down to turnovers.  

Should of been cut 8 weeks ago. I was more shocked he made his first 3 than him missing the game winner. That was inevitable. Not finding a better K is all on Pace and Nagy. Chargers went through a few and found a guy who won it for them today. Bears might of had a bye today if they addressed this sooner. Such a newbie to playoff football thinking you could win in big time games with a 70% K. For the positive, Mitch played better than I expected. Nagy seemed to have a muzzle on him most of the game but he got them into position to win. ARob was a stud today also. Overall bad offensive play calling. Not ready for prime time, but should be in good hands moving forward. Never should of dumped Gould.
EXACTLY my thoughts after this game. So annoyed we stuck w Parkey. Surprised he made the first 3. Did not like the offensive play calling much at all.

Lol. On the local Bears aftershow they had a video off Parkey’s Instagram showing him practicing doinking it off the goal post. Practice makes perfect.

Left

that is why you don’t cheap out on kickers 

Belichick is the smartest coach in the league, and he always has a great kicker
And yet even their "great" kicker missed an extra point in the playoff game that gave the Broncos the win and a SuperBowl for Peyton.

Bottom line is . . . it happens.

If bears fans booed the kicker this hard what will they do next year when Trubisky goes full Bortles and they miss the playoffs?

Feel for you Bears fans. You've got a lot to be proud of and importantly, a lot to look forward to. Hang in there. It was a bad beat. Plain and simple. The game could have very easily gone the other way. And congrats to Eagles fans. They did what they had to do. 

As a football fan with no rooting interest in any of the teams, Philadephia at Dallas in the championship game sounds like fun television. So does LA/NO rematch. Anything else would be just okay. Fun weekend. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like most kickers suck now.  Not even a thing anymore.

Moving PAT's back has put them all on roller skates.
Huh? 

FG% was literally the highest its ever been in nfl history this year and 8 of the 10 most accurate kickers of all time are active players despite teams attempting field goals much longer than they used to. 

There are guys with FG percentages that are better from 50+ yards than what kickers were making 30-40 yard field goals at a decade ago. 

If Bears fans are still harping on Parkey and not focusing on why the oline broke down on the FGA, the 2 point conversion, or the playcalling in general, then they’re missing what really happened. 
That may be what really happened in that game, but I don't know of too many championship caliber teams who have a K making only 76% of his FGs. That is a problem.

If Bears fans are still harping on Parkey and not focusing on why the oline broke down on the FGA, the 2 point conversion, or the playcalling in general, then they’re missing what really happened. 
Parkey outscored the rest of the team.  Bears fans should focus on that.  And the fact that their #1 defense allowed the Eagles to march down the field for the winning TD.

Parkey outscored the rest of the team.  Bears fans should focus on that.  And the fact that their #1 defense allowed the Eagles to march down the field for the winning TD.
Huh? Bears allowed 16 points, 1.4 points under their league leading ppg average. O was off, no doubt about it, but Cohen and Mitch drove them down field with under a minute and put their K in position to win the game. 

Should Charger fans focus on the fact that the entire offense was outscored by Badgley. That Rivers only had 160 yards? That the the youngest QB ever to play in the playoffs marched the Ravens downfield in the 4th Q and was in position to win in the final seconds after being overmatched all day? No, they are moving on and people are giving them a legit shot at upsetting the Patriots. Winning is all that matters in the playoffs. 

Huh? Bears allowed 16 points, 1.4 points under their league leading ppg average. O was off, no doubt about it, but Cohen and Mitch drove them down field with under a minute and put their K in position to win the game. 

Should Charger fans focus on the fact that the entire offense was outscored by Badgley. That Rivers only had 160 yards? That the the youngest QB ever to play in the playoffs marched the Ravens downfield in the 4th Q and was in position to win in the final seconds after being overmatched all day? No, they are moving on and people are giving them a legit shot at upsetting the Patriots. Winning is all that matters in the playoffs. 
Yes, it was defensive low scoring game.  But the Bears #1 D couldn't stop the Eagles on a 12-play, 60 yard drive to win the game. Should have never come down to Parkey.  Where was Khalil Mack all game?  Bears had 1 sack. Where was the Bears' offense?  Jordan Howard?  Cohen with 4 touches?  Yes, Parkey's miss is the obvious, but whole team really came up small when they needed it.

I don't think anyone's denying that Chicago played well defensively. But they did give up a touchdown drive in crunch time. And Khalil Mack was pretty much invisible all game.  The fact that Parkey was viciously booed at the low point of his career and is reportedly getting death threats is unbelievable.

I don't think anyone's denying that Chicago played well defensively. But they did give up a touchdown drive in crunch time. And Khalil Mack was pretty much invisible all game.  The fact that Parkey was viciously booed at the low point of his career and is reportedly getting death threats is unbelievable.
I get booing him at the end but you can't overlook their defense, the strength of the team, couldn't make a stop to win the game either.  Parkey was just their last chance but not their only chance to win the game.

Users who are viewing this thread