Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Insein

Eagles vs Bears - NFC Wild Card - Henceforth Known as the Double Doink Game

Should have been a tied game if he made it....that ball crossed the line on the 2 pt conversion. 

• Like 1

Outside of Philly, nobody is happier right now than the Rams, they wanted no part of the Bears after what happened a month ago.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

All that Cowboys fan chirping a few weeks ago when you all had a one game lead in the division and you won’t end up getting any further that the Eagles....so Cowboys congrats. :lmao:

Your post makes no sense. We were talking about the eagles getting lucky. 

You guys have a complex lol

Anyway, congrats on advancing

Just now, travdogg said:

Outside of Philly, nobody is happier right now than the Rams, they wanted no part of the Bears after what happened a month ago.

ehh, Eagles beat them the next week in LA. They will be rooting for New Orleans next week cause if the Eagles get to play in LA it will be a home game for them

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Wingnut said:

Had the Bears won, they would have played vs the Rams next week though.

I'm rooting for a NO - Chargers super bowl with Brees beating the team that tossed him aside for Rivers. That would be pretty poetic.

I think the NFC East is out next weekend.

Edited by Osaurus

Cody Parkey doing interviews in the locker room. He answered them all, some jackass asked him if he thinks he'll have a job in Chicago next year. Brutal.

25 minutes ago, dickey moe said:

Want to see a side shot of where exactly the ball landed on the crossbar.

Why does that matter? The ball has to go through

18 minutes ago, The General said:

Besides the head guy announcing #### sounding like he was wasted the calls were pretty good tonight I think.

Yeah, that was bizarre

8 minutes ago, eoMMan said:

Should have been a tied game if he made it....that ball crossed the line on the 2 pt conversion. 

Was damn close. Wouldn’t have been surprised if they called it good. It was weird, I thought the sideline cam showed it cross the tip of the goal line while the overheads didn’t. Tough call either way. 

But just like Sproles up the middle, it was a bad play call. 

• Like 2

Cody Parkey went 3-of-4 on field goals in Chicago's 16-15, Wild Card loss to the Eagles on Sunday, missing a 43-yard game-winning field goal at the end of the fourth quarter.

Parkey had a tumultuous first season in Chicago, hitting the uprights four times in Week 10 against the Lions, again in Week 17, and finally hit the upright and crossbar on the same kick against Philly with the Bears trailing by one point with five seconds remaining in the contest. On the year, Parkey went 26-of-34 on field goals and 42-of-45 on extra points. That's not good enough. Signed to a four-year deal, Parkey is very likely to be cut in the offseason after this latest blunder.

Rotoworld take. He's done on the Bears.

Edited by The Frankman

2 minutes ago, Mr.Pack said:

Why does that matter? The ball has to go through

I know that - just want to see how close it was to doinking the other way through.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, modogg said:

ehh, Eagles beat them the next week in LA. They will be rooting for New Orleans next week cause if the Eagles get to play in LA it will be a home game for them

Well, unless all those fans are flying in from Philly, THEY ARE NOT TRUE FANS!!!! 

:lmao:

• Like 1

On 1/1/2019 at 9:58 AM, flapgreen said:

Last time? With the Raiders? Not pertinent to this discussion. The Bears defense has talent all over the place.  

Sure, any game is winnable. The Eagles aren't a bad team by any measure. They're not beating the Bears, though. 

👍

13 minutes ago, travdogg said:

Goff has never thrown well in the cold and the playoff game wouldn't have been in Chicago.  Not sure what your point is here.

28 minutes ago, Insein said:

Does Parley get cut before he leaves the building?

Should of been cut 8 weeks ago. I was more shocked he made his first 3 than him missing the game winner. That was inevitable. Not finding a better K is all on Pace and Nagy. Chargers went through a few and found a guy who won it for them today. Bears might of had a bye today if they addressed this sooner. Such a newbie to playoff football thinking you could win in big time games with a 70% K. For the positive, Mitch played better than I expected. Nagy seemed to have a muzzle on him most of the game but he got them into position to win. ARob was a stud today also. Overall bad offensive play calling. Not ready for prime time, but should be in good hands moving forward. Never should of dumped Gould.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The General said:

Cody Parkey doing interviews in the locker room. He answered them all, some jackass asked him if he thinks he'll have a job in Chicago next year. Brutal.

Cody Parkey got more guaranteed money this year than that jackass will make in a lifetime, so there’s that

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

Parkey is not cheap: Cody Parkey leaves Miami Dolphins for $15 million contract.

He had a great rookie season and a great 2017 with Miami.

He’s made like $10M in the NFL. Kicking. Poorly. When you put that in perspective, hard to feel too bad for him. 

I’m just pissed the Bears are our. That was a fun team to watch. And they had a real chance. 

1 minute ago, Rove! said:

Cody Parkey got more guaranteed money this year than that jackass will make in a lifetime, so there’s that

:lol: That probably does make it easier to sit there.

13 minutes ago, The General said:

He handled it. 

Just now, Cowboysfan8 said:

Pulling up old posts on a message board is the worst shtick ever imo

Not when an over confident guy completely dismisses everyone and fails to realize beating the Vikings was borderline insanity.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:
7 minutes ago, Slider said:

👍

Pulling up old posts on a message board is the worst shtick ever imo

Usually.  But sometimes posters come off as extremely condescending so a gentle reminder can be appropriate.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Not sure what happened here.

Pace loved Connor Barth. He also was probably cheaper, don’t remember. All on Pace. Gould is like 83 of 85 since being cut by Pace.

7 minutes ago, Slider said:

Not when an over confident guy completely dismisses everyone and fails to realize beating the Vikings was borderline insanity.

exactly.  That dude was crowing non stop, claiming a bears win was a mortal lock.  

8 minutes ago, need2know said:

Trying to talk my wife into going to New Orleans for this game.  It's a losing battle😆

Saw them play the Hawks there Halloween weekend a couple years ago.

DO THIS. CANNOT RECOMMEND ENOUGH. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The General said:

It is a uniquely memorable thing in life!  Well worth the battle to get there!!

New Orleans is a special place!! I have been to New Orleans 4x... once Halloween & 2x Mardi Gras and they are the most memorable trips I have taken.  More so than Paris & London!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, modogg said:

+305. i'm hoping more money comes in on N.O. don't think line will get to 10 but should go up a bit

I’m actually liking the Cowboys at + 255 as well.  Hell I kind of like both the Colts and Chargers as well.  I think all road teams have a good shot next week.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

I’m actually liking the Cowboys at + 255 as well.  Hell I kind of like both the Colts and Chargers as well.  I think all road teams have a good shot next week.

the Cowboys had the largest discrepancy with home and road play. it was weird how much of a difference it was, but that has me cautious against them next week. i think Rams may be the weakest of the 4 who didn't play this weekend

• Like 1

Just now, modogg said:

the Cowboys had the largest discrepancy with home and road play. it was weird how much of a difference it was, but that has me cautious against them next week. i think Rams may be the weakest of the 4 who didn't play this weekend

Good point.  I think the Cowboys defense can slow the Rams down and it will come down to turnovers.  

1 hour ago, ericttspikes said:

Should of been cut 8 weeks ago. I was more shocked he made his first 3 than him missing the game winner. That was inevitable. Not finding a better K is all on Pace and Nagy. Chargers went through a few and found a guy who won it for them today. Bears might of had a bye today if they addressed this sooner. Such a newbie to playoff football thinking you could win in big time games with a 70% K. For the positive, Mitch played better than I expected. Nagy seemed to have a muzzle on him most of the game but he got them into position to win. ARob was a stud today also. Overall bad offensive play calling. Not ready for prime time, but should be in good hands moving forward. Never should of dumped Gould.

EXACTLY my thoughts after this game. So annoyed we stuck w Parkey. Surprised he made the first 3. Did not like the offensive play calling much at all.

14 minutes ago, Ted Lange as your Bartender said:

Trayvon Hester tipped Parkey’s kick at the LOS

https://twitter.com/scottgustin/status/1082095504970919936?s=12

@jtannenwald: Here’s a great photo from @phillydotcom staff photographer Yong Kim of Treyvon Hester reaching out to get a piece of Cody Parkey’s game-deciding field goal attempt: https://twitter.com/jtannenwald/status/1082104555255578625/photo/1

• Like 3

Just saw a video - the FG was tipped. 

Y’all bears fans can stop sending Parkey’s family death threats now. :doh: 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ted Lange as your Bartender said:

Trayvon Hester tipped Parkey’s kick at the LOS

https://twitter.com/scottgustin/status/1082095504970919936?s=12

Yep. Hell of a play, too. 

2 hours ago, Rove! said:

Left

that is why you don’t cheap out on kickers 

Belichick is the smartest coach in the league, and he always has a great kicker

And yet even their "great" kicker missed an extra point in the playoff game that gave the Broncos the win and a SuperBowl for Peyton.

Bottom line is . . . it happens.

If bears fans booed the kicker this hard what will they do next year when Trubisky goes full Bortles and they miss the playoffs?

Feel for you Bears fans. You've got a lot to be proud of and importantly, a lot to look forward to. Hang in there. It was a bad beat. Plain and simple. The game could have very easily gone the other way. And congrats to Eagles fans. They did what they had to do. 

As a football fan with no rooting interest in any of the teams, Philadephia at Dallas in the championship game sounds like fun television. So does LA/NO rematch. Anything else would be just okay. Fun weekend. 

Edited by Neil Beaufort Zod

3 hours ago, The General said:

I was at that game.

• Like 1