What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Season's over; Go Away Now... (6 Viewers)

Insein said:
I still think Chip made the Marcus Smith call but Howie ate that bullet to show he's a team player.
I've always been with you there. Thanks to my Aspergers I use to have such a hard time reading people's facial expressions. I took some online classes similar to those FBI and CIA types take (not the same but similar for free) which helped and just by his facial expressions I could tell he was taking one for the team there. 

Ministry of Pain said:
Is it the Offensive Line or is it the QB?

I ask because if a QB has time to throw and make his progressions, typically they find an open receiver or complete a pass, almost universal in the NFL with some exceptions. 

I am reading "Trade Ertz" and Alshon is not enough, what about the RBs? Maybe they need 1 guy to really step in and take 15-20 touches a game. Most QBs benefit from it, Philly has had a RBBC it would seem for quite a while. 

Pederson beat the Patriots in the SB less than 2 years ago and now I am hearing media heads question his approach...it wasn't a problem in 2017, what's changed. 

Just asking as an NFL fan, I don't think I own any piece of it FF wise so it's purely as an NFL fan. 
We got the whole Right side plus C in tact. It's our LG/LT situation thats concerning. our 1st round LT looked like a Rookie and well got schooled in situations he's suppose to be apparently good at. Our LG is so so at best. Then you got the play calling scheme. Grohl just sucks

I don't think we need to trade Ertz or talk about. if this #### is going on next year I'd consider start thinking about it but he's not going anywhere unless I'm completely blown away mid season either. He ain't going on the cheap

It's the media they are so bi polar here. Had Foles stayed here and played terrible games after winning the SB it wouldn't have mattered The media would slaughter him. 

The fans are knowledgeable despite the few chuckleheads that every fanbase has but I think our media sometimes is worse than others. It's gloom and doom if the Eagles don't win sky is falling routine. if we win a few games its SB contenders. 

They should have just drafted Terry McLaurin.
Or Metcalf. But nope, we needed another sloth with 4 names that can go up and “win contested balls.” Trouble is he can’t even pass Hollies on the depth chart which brings me to: An even more baffling situation of Hollins who admits he’d rather play special teams. In all the years of my life following football, that has to be a first.

so Sanders to the 49ers, Sanu to the Pats.

I'm looking at NFL teams who might trade a WR to the Eagles - all I'm seeing is Robby Anderson and maybe Paul Richardson? I know Paul Richardson has a big contract so I'm not sure how that works out. Either way neither of these are likely to happen.

Are they just gonna stand pat this year and hope DeSean is healthy? Because he probably won't be and is at a huge risk for re-injury.

I'm looking at NFL teams who might trade a WR to the Eagles - all I'm seeing is Robby Anderson and maybe Paul Richardson? I know Paul Richardson has a big contract so I'm not sure how that works out. Either way neither of these are likely to happen.

Are they just gonna stand pat this year and hope DeSean is healthy? Because he probably won't be and is at a huge risk for re-injury.
I don't think we're going to bring a WR in.  So ya, just hope Mack and JJ can improve over the season, that Alshon gets healthy, and use lots of 2 tight end sets.

I really thought Sanders would have been a great fit here. Wentz with quick hits to him in the slot, or on a hot route would have been money.

I don't think we're going to bring a WR in.  So ya, just hope Mack and JJ can improve over the season, that Alshon gets healthy, and use lots of 2 tight end sets.
I really think a healthy DeSean would make all the difference in the offense. Kind of sucks...

I really thought Sanders would have been a great fit here. Wentz with quick hits to him in the slot, or on a hot route would have been money.
Personally I was thinking it would have ended up like Golden Tate again. Get a weapon and hand it to an inept OC who can’t get them into the offense and waste pick and everyone’s time. 

Just realized that in 3 weeks it will be Carson vs Brady for the first and last time ever (barring a miraculous SB appearance by us.)

Super pumped for that game.  Just hoping we can put up double digit points that game.

pbandy1 said:

Robby Anderson would be interesting but would the Jets really take weapons away from their spooked franchise QB?

Robby Anderson would be interesting but would the Jets really take weapons away from their spooked franchise QB?
Gase threw shade Anderson's way earlier in the year and it looked like he was giving up on routes last night at times.

I don't think his effort won Gase or the organization over, so yes, he might be available for a high draft pick. 

Gase threw shade Anderson's way earlier in the year and it looked like he was giving up on routes last night at times.

I don't think his effort won Gase or the organization over, so yes, he might be available for a high draft pick. 
Was he a very high draft pick? My initial thought would be give up a 3rd could make sense.....he's not an all around player at this stage but would clearly stretch the field. 

Guys just want to show some numbers on how bad our defense is right now.  Didnt realize it was this bad just know pretty much any time we need a stop they simply cannot do it.

The Eagles are the only team in the NFL to allow 20+ points in the first half in 5 games.

First half points allowed by the Eagles defense, by week:

Week 1: 20
Week 2: 10
Week 3: 20
Week 4: 20
Week 5: 0*
Week 6: 24
Week 7: 27

*vs Luke Falk

Eagles scoring  defense is now ranked 26th.  Tied with the Bengals.  

I dont think this can be fixed this year.  We need new players and coaches imo

Deamon said:
Groh:  I don't think Nelson's effort should ever be questioned.

Really?
Football people in General: We don't think Mike Groh is a capable football coach of any kind. WTF was he watching. The All 22 of the Deep ball is even more infuriating as Nelson showed NO effort. If I was coach I'd have benched his ### right there and he would be cut or traded by now 

pbandy1 said:

Out of the two Id take Robby Anderson I know a few off the field issues but he played college ball here at Temple He's by no means a NO. 1 but he's a nice young piece to have. I think with a better team he'd shine more 

Just realized that in 3 weeks it will be Carson vs Brady for the first and last time ever (barring a miraculous SB appearance by us.)

Super pumped for that game.  Just hoping we can put up double digit points that game.
I'm more fearful of our Defense. Brady and crew might break single game passing records that game. And their defense has been scary historically good. Was just looking at the stat sheet last night but a quick fantasy question

Per the ESPN scoring in my league the Pats D/ST is avg 21 PPG. Has a defense ever even the Baltimore Ravens Historic defense avg that many Fantasy PPG ever or come close to that? 

Bigboy10182000 said:
Personally I was thinking it would have ended up like Golden Tate again. Get a weapon and hand it to an inept OC who can’t get them into the offense and waste pick and everyone’s time. 
Maybe Carson should just go Full Rodgers or Peyton Manning and call all the plays himself on Offense. Doug can decide if they should still go for it or not but Carson gets play calling duties on the field 

Guys just want to show some numbers on how bad our defense is right now.  Didnt realize it was this bad just know pretty much any time we need a stop they simply cannot do it.

The Eagles are the only team in the NFL to allow 20+ points in the first half in 5 games.

First half points allowed by the Eagles defense, by week:

Week 1: 20
Week 2: 10
Week 3: 20
Week 4: 20
Week 5: 0*
Week 6: 24
Week 7: 27

*vs Luke Falk

Eagles scoring  defense is now ranked 26th.  Tied with the Bengals.  

I dont think this can be fixed this year.  We need new players and coaches imo
During the Game Sunday I said this defense needs a complete makeover with new DC and players. 

Football people in General: We don't think Mike Groh is a capable football coach of any kind. WTF was he watching. The All 22 of the Deep ball is even more infuriating as Nelson showed NO effort. If I was coach I'd have benched his ### right there and he would be cut or traded by now 
I don't think it's an effort thing. I believe Nelson when he says he just didn't even see it in time, to know to reach/dive for it. I don't think he was giving up or pulling a "For who? For what?" 

I think the issue is that he's just not good at tracking the ball; especially not the deep ball. That wouldn't have been the first time this season he either "lost in the lights" or couldn't find it. I'm sure the effort and the desire is there to be good. He just isn't. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe Carson should just go Full Rodgers or Peyton Manning and call all the plays himself on Offense. 
If there's a criticism of Wentz in all this, I think it's that he does this too much, already, in the form of checking out of plays at the line. Sometime you just have to go mano a mano with the called played and stop trying to over-analyze every look the defense gives you to see if you should change to something that only gives you a slightly better advantage. And it wouldn't surprise me if opposing defenses are working hard on disguising their looks, to bait him into checking a play to run from a pass. 

If there's a criticism of Wentz in all this, I think it's that he does this too much, already, in the form of checking out of plays at the line. Sometime you just have to go mano a mano with the called played and stop trying to over-analyze every look the defense gives you to see if you should change to something that only gives you a slightly better advantage. And it wouldn't surprise me if opposing defenses are working hard on disguising their looks, to bait him into checking a play to run from a pass. 
Exactly 

I don't think it's an effort thing. I believe Nelson when he says he just didn't even see it in time, to know to reach/dive for it. I don't think he was giving up or pulling a "For who? For what?" 

I think the issue is that he's just not good at tracking the ball; especially not the deep ball. That wouldn't have been the first time this season he either "lost in the lights" or couldn't find it. I'm sure the effort and the desire is there to be good. He just isn't. 
It's definitely not the first or last big play hes blown

Agholor so disappointing. He wasn't a stretch at all either - if I recall everyone thought it was a good pick and he looked the part of an NFL WR. But just a waste of a spot.

Sydney Jones was ONLY a "reach" because of the achilles. Every analyst said it was a good pick if he got healthy, and he would have been a first rounder if he hadnt been  hurt. An actual quote "When I re-grade all of the picks five years from now, Sidney Jones could be seen as the best selection in the entire draft. Jones had top-10 ability, yet fell to the second round because of a torn Achilles.".  No one saw him getting healthy and then just sucking.

Across the board that 2017 draft really has killed us. Those are the guys that should be forming a young core of the team - and almost to a man have disappointed. We're also at the point where giving up all those picks for Carson Wentz is showing, because the guys we 'could' have drafted are non existent. Man I wish Lattimore would have dropped a few more picks that draft.

Bigboy10182000 said:
yea, I don't have any confidence we're doing anything offensively as long as Groh is the OC.

Agholor so disappointing. He wasn't a stretch at all either - if I recall everyone thought it was a good pick and he looked the part of an NFL WR. But just a waste of a spot.

Sydney Jones was ONLY a "reach" because of the achilles. Every analyst said it was a good pick if he got healthy, and he would have been a first rounder if he hadnt been  hurt. An actual quote "When I re-grade all of the picks five years from now, Sidney Jones could be seen as the best selection in the entire draft. Jones had top-10 ability, yet fell to the second round because of a torn Achilles.".  No one saw him getting healthy and then just sucking.

Across the board that 2017 draft really has killed us. Those are the guys that should be forming a young core of the team - and almost to a man have disappointed. We're also at the point where giving up all those picks for Carson Wentz is showing, because the guys we 'could' have drafted are non existent. Man I wish Lattimore would have dropped a few more picks that draft.
You could say that but looking at who they could've had instead especially JuJu the pick looks bad. I never believed the Hype from day 1 on Sidney. I thought a lot of the hype was thanks to him having been Teammates to Marcus Peters. He was barely challenged but the Receivers he played us weren't great. The one great WR he played against? JuJu who absolutely bullied him. I didn't like using a 2nd rounder on the kid as that's a round you need to have a player who will be making an impact if not immediately at least by 2nd half of the year. Jones in the 4th or 5th round I'd have been fine with but given the type of injury it was I was never comfortable spending a 2nd rounder on this guy 

Had 94.1 on while I was heading home and Ike Reese asked the perfect question. “Who on this team is better now than they were in 2017?”

I couldn’t think of a single person. 

I don't know man... it sure looked in the replay like he alligator-armed it.

If he would have had tracking issues, seen it too late, I would expect to see so awkward stab or reach.

As a Carson Wentz owner...GO FREAKING TRADE FOR ROBBY ANDERSON!

"The New York Daily News' Manish Mehta reports the Jets have made Robby Anderson available ahead of next Tuesday's trade deadline.

This isn't the first time New York has contemplated moving Anderson, as the deep threat drew interest from the Eagles, amongst other teams, at last year's deadline. The Eagles certainly make sense again. With Anderson on the cusp of free agency, the 1-5 Jets are hoping to flip him for a draft pick in 2020. Per Mehta, Gang Green is also shopping former first-round pick Leonard Williams. The trade deadline is set for Tuesday at 4 PM ET.

SOURCE: New York Daily News

Oct 24, 2019, 4:01 PM ET"

I'd be for it. Yea he's on the last year of his deal but I don't think he'd command much for a new deal. He's young and a burner. That's a guy worth continuing after Nelson and possibly Alshon leaves.

"The New York Daily News' Manish Mehta reports the Jets have made Robby Anderson available ahead of next Tuesday's trade deadline.

This isn't the first time New York has contemplated moving Anderson, as the deep threat drew interest from the Eagles, amongst other teams, at last year's deadline. The Eagles certainly make sense again. With Anderson on the cusp of free agency, the 1-5 Jets are hoping to flip him for a draft pick in 2020. Per Mehta, Gang Green is also shopping former first-round pick Leonard Williams. The trade deadline is set for Tuesday at 4 PM ET.

:lmao:  same age and worse career than Agholor but yeah, let’s go get him. 

I'd be for it. Yea he's on the last year of his deal but I don't think he'd command much for a new deal. He's young and a burner. That's a guy worth continuing after Nelson and possibly Alshon leaves.
Like I said off the field issues too but I think on a better team and locker room he wouldn't be an issue 

He should have just had the surgery 5 weeks ago
Don't quote me on that being the actual injury but the one Eagles blog said Sports hernia but they are the only place I've seen it. Haven't seen John Clarke or anyone else mention that to be his case though. 

Don't quote me on that being the actual injury but the one Eagles blog said Sports hernia but they are the only place I've seen it. Haven't seen John Clarke or anyone else mention that to be his case though. 
It's got to be something  like that.  It went from a 2 or 3 week thing to half the season.  Its weird 

just fyi, Bears fan not an Eagles fan. I think Robby Anderson would be great for you guys. Yeah he might have some character concerns but so far in his career he hasn't really gotten in trouble. I think he's a solid WR2 for a team and classifying him as just a burner is doing him a disservice. He's got really good short area quickness and great for  intermediate routes. Spindly frame but so far has shown to be able to handle the NFL.  Hell of a circus catch type guy too

steelwind said:

Insein said:
We're not gonna trade for anyone before Sunday.  And if we lose Sunday (underdogs again), then the season is all but done and there's no point in trading for a receiver on the last year of his contract.  If we win, sure let's explore it.  Just wait until Sunday.

pbandy1 said:
just fyi, Bears fan not an Eagles fan. I think Robby Anderson would be great for you guys. Yeah he might have some character concerns but so far in his career he hasn't really gotten in trouble. I think he's a solid WR2 for a team and classifying him as just a burner is doing him a disservice. He's got really good short area quickness and great for  intermediate routes. Spindly frame but so far has shown to be able to handle the NFL.  Hell of a circus catch type guy too
Now with all that said, why would the Jets want to part with him while trying to develop a second year QB? It’s definitely not due to their abundance of talent at WR. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread