What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

** Dallas Cowboys** 2019, you sucked (1 Viewer)

Dak is average, nothing more, nothing less. When every other factor is right: strong o-line, great run game, good to great wr play, and a good defense- he does really well. Take any of those components away- he's just a tick above a JAG. He's a good athlete who can make plays with his legs, but his arm strength and accuracy are mediocre. He's neither particularly instinctive or intuitive. 

I would take Daniel Jones over him all day long. The whole Carson Wentz faux debate that went on here is absurd. Dak's the third best QB in the division.

JJ is going to pay him and I think it is a mistake. 
:lmao:

I’m more concerned with the defense which has been flat out pitiful for 6 straight weeks. 

As far as our QB for the next 10 years is concerned....Dak was getting slaughtered yesterday. Missing both tackles,  2/3 out of his best receivers. 

It’s week 6. Cowboys lose to the Eagles and we can start to panic. 

I have a feeling that the dialogue between Cowboys and Eagles fans this week will be less "our team is better than yours" and more "our team sucks/is more injured than yours". If Cooper plays, I don't feel good about the Eagles stopping the Cowboys passing game.

I have a feeling that the dialogue between Cowboys and Eagles fans this week will be less "our team is better than yours" and more "our team sucks/is more injured than yours". If Cooper plays, I don't feel good about the Eagles stopping the Cowboys passing game.
Cowboys won't need Cooper to have a pass game.  Whoever they have will get open at will. Dak can hit wide open guys - it'll be fine.

Dak is not the problem. Garrett is. Dak looks pretty good no matter what, and looks awesome when protected by OL. But our coaching is crap.

:lmao:

I’m more concerned with the defense which has been flat out pitiful for 6 straight weeks. 

As far as our QB for the next 10 years is concerned....Dak was getting slaughtered yesterday. Missing both tackles,  2/3 out of his best receivers. 

It’s week 6. Cowboys lose to the Eagles and we can start to panic. 
Make no mistake, the Cowboys will lose this game. 

I'm a fan and will be for life but this current iteration is a massive, overhyped flop waiting to faceplant.

Cowboys won't need Cooper to have a pass game.  Whoever they have will get open at will. Dak can hit wide open guys - it'll be fine.
 I'm notsure about that.  Go back exactly one year when they traded for Cooper and recall WHY they made that trade (and we're ridiculed for doing o by many).   They were ANEMIC and going nowhere.  They didn't look much better yesterday.  

Last edited by a moderator:
 I'm notsure about that.  Go back exactly one year when they traded for Cooper and recall WHY they made that trade (and we're ridiculed for doing o by many).   They were ANEMIC and going nowhere.  They didn't look much better yesterday.  
Don't think he was saying it wouldn't be an issue going forward, but vs the Eagles atrocious secondary, they won't need him.

It’d be nice to get Smith and Collins back this week

Smith apparently gave it a go before the game last week. Not sure about Collins

dhockster said:
You saw what mono boy, aka captain 5 head did to our secondary, right?

I’ve had mixed feelings on how this game is going to play out, but not anymore

Dallas will win this game.

The oline hasn’t played well

Crawford to IR

Cooper isn’t going to play , if he does he won’t be near 100%

Cobb too

The O tackles aren’t near 100%. May not even play

Anthony Brown...Byron Jones....

I don’t care. The Eagles are overrated. They’re a mess and will be trounced in Big D

lay the points 

will be interesting next week  :popcorn:
Not really, I’m still right about what I said. 

Wentz is struggling, the fumbles and turnovers are on him. However, I still believe he is a very good QB and in the top 10 if starting a new team. Dude has moxy for sure, but I think Dak is a better leader. I’m glad we have him.

Maher the only K in league history with 3 made from 60+ yds
I honestly think we need to either get a guy who specializes at kicks under 50 yards or just go for it every time we’re inside the 50 yard range. He’s amazing at long kicks and is average at best at kicks under 50

No shtick. 

Lol at Eagles fans wondering how they got where they are. Their SB team was #### to start with. They just got hot at the right time, got even more lucky when Wentz got injured and the did all that RPO stuff to adjust. Right time at the right place kinda thing. To be fair, most SBs involve a lot of luck and good health. The RPO stuff was just getting into fashion and Frank Reich was obviously the brilliant mind there. 

They let their best offensive mind go.

They kept the wrong QB

Players get older. You simply can’t build a sustainable winning team trading all day long and drafting poorly. 

The Dallas OL, how great is it? 

Last night it looked like 5 All-Pros out there, you wonder how they could ever lose a football game and furthermore, that OL makes an already solid defense just that much better by sustaining drives and making their jobs easier. Also the defense in turn created turnovers setting up short fields for that OL to run downhill on. 

But then there are these 3 games that Dallas somehow lost and it's hard to understand when you watch the OL last night. Dak Prescott didn't seem to be under any pressure all night. 

Last night it looked like 5 All-Pros out there, you wonder how they could ever lose a football game and furthermore, that OL makes an already solid defense just that much better by sustaining drives and making their jobs easier. Also the defense in turn created turnovers setting up short fields for that OL to run downhill on. 

But then there are these 3 games that Dallas somehow lost and it's hard to understand when you watch the OL last night. Dak Prescott didn't seem to be under any pressure all night. 
Philly doesn’t blitz much.

Conner Williams is the weak link... He is susceptible to bull rushes and guys like Fletcher Cox (when heathy) give him fits. 

It’s only as good as the starters. Unlike some teams who can survive a missing guy or two - it completely disrupts the Cowboys offense. Might as well be playing with 3 guys for whatever reason.  They have plenty of depth too. It just doesn’t work out scheme wise. 

Being touted as “ThE B35$t L1n3 Eveeeerrrr!!!!” and wearing the star on their helmet doesn’t help them. They have targets on them each and every week. 

Every single team in the NFL has talent and if you don’t take your job seriously on every play it can and will cost you a game. The Cowboys were feelin themseves and though they were gonna steamroll the league on paper. Dak has been calling people out and we shall she what happens from here. 

Honestly I don’t care how we win or what our record is as long as we take the division and stay healthy. I don’t want to get hot too soon. 

When your 2 All Pro starting tackles return to the lineup it’s just different 

I’ve had mixed feelings on how this game is going to play out, but not anymore

Dallas will win this game.

The oline hasn’t played well

Crawford to IR

Cooper isn’t going to play , if he does he won’t be near 100%

Cobb too

The O tackles aren’t near 100%. May not even play

Anthony Brown...Byron Jones....

I don’t care. The Eagles are overrated. They’re a mess and will be trounced in Big D

lay the points 
I must say, good call.  Frankly I thought awfully poorly of the Cowboys supposed accomplishments this season, given their opponents, but they looked good and fulfilled your prediction beautifully.  It will be interesting to see if they can keep it up.  I did see that the Eagles dismissed two players after that loss like they did one after the Vikings loss.  I wonder if they will dismiss three after their next loss.  At any rate it is pretty clear Dallas forced their major competition to re-evaluate themselves after that trouncing.

BTW, huge Jason Garret detractor here, but they showed his wife during the telecast and I must say, my estimation of his abilities went up.  What was her name, Brill?

I must say, good call.  Frankly I thought awfully poorly of the Cowboys supposed accomplishments this season, given their opponents, but they looked good and fulfilled your prediction beautifully.  It will be interesting to see if they can keep it up.  I did see that the Eagles dismissed two players after that loss like they did one after the Vikings loss.  I wonder if they will dismiss three after their next loss.  At any rate it is pretty clear Dallas forced their major competition to re-evaluate themselves after that trouncing.

BTW, huge Jason Garret detractor here, but they showed his wife during the telecast and I must say, my estimation of his abilities went up.  What was her name, Brill?
Dallas isn’t as good as they looked this week, obviously. But they have some players, and the kid calling plays has his moments. 

The bye week is good timing, they need to get alot of guys healed 

And yeah, Red married out of his league with Brill lol.

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
Lol at Eagles fans wondering how they got where they are. Their SB team was #### to start with. They just got hot at the right time, got even more lucky when Wentz got injured and the did all that RPO stuff to adjust. Right time at the right place kinda thing. To be fair, most SBs involve a lot of luck and good health. The RPO stuff was just getting into fashion and Frank Reich was obviously the brilliant mind there. 

They let their best offensive mind go.

They kept the wrong QB

Players get older. You simply can’t build a sustainable winning team trading all day long and drafting poorly. 
I had to laugh at the bolded.

They "Just got hot at the right time"? They went 16-3 and one of those losses was a meaningless game.

They got even more lucky? When did they get lucky in the first place with all their injuries?

You know what they call that 2017 Eagles team that you say was #### to start with? Super Bowl Champs.

And with what the Patriots have done before and after the 2017 Super Bowl, that Eagles offensive performance against Bill Belichick will go down as one of the greatest in history.

But I agree with you that the Eagles have drafted poorly and relied on those bad draft picks and other oft injured players which has killed them. Sidney Jones, Ronald Darby, Desean Jackson are examples. That is why they are in such bad shape right now. The Eagles would have at least had Reich for another season in 2018 but Josh McDaniels screwed that up. It would have been interesting to see where the Eagles would have finished last season with Reich still on board.

I had to laugh at the bolded.

They "Just got hot at the right time"? They went 16-3 and one of those losses was a meaningless game.

They got even more lucky? When did they get lucky in the first place with all their injuries?

You know what they call that 2017 Eagles team that you say was #### to start with? Super Bowl Champs.

And with what the Patriots have done before and after the 2017 Super Bowl, that Eagles offensive performance against Bill Belichick will go down as one of the greatest in history.

But I agree with you that the Eagles have drafted poorly and relied on those bad draft picks and other oft injured players which has killed them. Sidney Jones, Ronald Darby, Desean Jackson are examples. That is why they are in such bad shape right now. The Eagles would have at least had Reich for another season in 2018 but Josh McDaniels screwed that up. It would have been interesting to see where the Eagles would have finished last season with Reich still on board.

I don’t want to get into a pissing match with you so as long as we both understand this isn’t personal....

Your SB team is easily one of the worst SB winners ever. Hell, all the teams that have beaten the Pats blow chunks. Nobody, not even you thought they had a shot to win the whole thing. Go back and look at your schedule... you played NOBODY. 

Not sure we will ever find common ground on this one given we’re both biased. 

Again, not personal. 

I don’t want to get into a pissing match with you so as long as we both understand this isn’t personal....

Your SB team is easily one of the worst SB winners ever. Hell, all the teams that have beaten the Pats blow chunks. Nobody, not even you thought they had a shot to win the whole thing. 

I don't take what you said personally. Just as long as you don't take this personally: The bolded is one of the dumbest statements I have ever read. If you care to try to defend it, have at it. But at the end of the day, a Cowboy fan trying to diminish what the Eagles accomplished in 2017, only makes me enjoy it that much more.

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Your SB team is easily one of the worst SB winners ever. Hell, all the teams that have beaten the Pats blow chunks. Nobody, not even you thought they had a shot to win the whole thing. Go back and look at your schedule... you played NOBODY. 

Again, not personal. 
:lmao:  c'mon bud, you are better then this. That Minny defense was considered one of the best of all time with their 3rd down defense, etc. That Rams team was not a slouch at the time of their match-up easier. and of course the Patriots were a terrible team in the SB.....

i'll actually do you guys a favor and just pass over this. to be honest you guys beat the crap out of the divisional competition, be happy and celebrate that. look at your own schedule the rest of the way and see how far you guys can actually go this year.

:lmao:  c'mon bud, you are better then this. That Minny defense was considered one of the best of all time with their 3rd down defense, etc. That Rams team was not a slouch at the time of their match-up easier. and of course the Patriots were a terrible team in the SB.....

i'll actually do you guys a favor and just pass over this. to be honest you guys beat the crap out of the divisional competition, be happy and celebrate that. look at your own schedule the rest of the way and see how far you guys can actually go this year.
He was clearly trolling, no one thinks that eagles team was 'one of the worst ever". 

I (unfortunately) think the Cowboys will be alright this year though.  We can't really talk trash, they're definitely better than us right now. 

Cowboys fans , including myself told you guys that you caught lightning in a bottle, should’ve lost to Atlanta, wouldn’t amount to crap in a year or two.

We were told we were dumbasses, jealous, haters etc

Well, you know what we ended up being?       Correct 

Cowboys fans , including myself told you guys that you caught lightning in a bottle, should’ve lost to Atlanta, wouldn’t amount to crap in a year or two.

i'll politely disagree. i will say the Eagles drafts the last 2-3 years has held them back, but if they win this Sunday i don't know if everyone is considering the team terrible.

Last year the Eagles led the league (actually may have been 2nd) in games lost by injuries. they had way more than the usual, and that happens from time to time. they were one Alshon Jeffrey catch away from the NFC championship game. Can't say that is too bad

this year is certainly looking that way but i dont think its as bad long term as you guys hope it will be.  

Users who are viewing this thread