What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Miles Sanders, CAR (4 Viewers)

In fairness, he looked like a raw rookie to start the season. But he stepped up his game big-time that past few weeks. Eagles have had to put a lot of young guys into lead roles - I think they're feeding off each other to go out there and prove themselves, and he's been a key part of that.

In fairness, he looked like a raw rookie to start the season. But he stepped up his game big-time that past few weeks. Eagles have had to put a lot of young guys into lead roles - I think they're feeding off each other to go out there and prove themselves, and he's been a key part of that.
In redraft leagues, Montgomery was suppose to have a big impact and Sanders wasn’t supposed to do to much this year.  Sanders was projected to be more valuable next year and beyond in dynasty leagues.  Sanders is just a little ahead of schedule, though it took a injury to Jordan Howard for him to do what he has done.  I was worried about his fumbling issues that he had in college more than anything else.  After a bad game earlier in the season, I think he was benched and was used less in the following games because of the fumbles.  I don’t think he has fumbled since then and he’s taken a lot of big hits.

Very strong rookie year for Sanders, although I’m getting more concerned about his dynasty stock with this latest injury.

While Pedersen seems to always favor RBBC, it was starting to look like Sanders had workhorse potential. Now that could be up in the air, particularly if Scott continues to shine.

Miles Sanders (ankle) will undergo an MRI Monday.

Luckily Sanders' X-rays came back negative, though his status for Sunday's playoff opener in Seattle is reportedly "TBD." Dealing with what's been described as a "painful" sprain, Sanders won't be at 100 percent even if he plays this week. It's another blow to an almost comically-depleted Philadelphia skill corps. Boston Scott carried the mail after Sanders exited in Week 17 and could occupy a similar role in the Wild Card round. More would also be asked of Jordan Howard—who only logged one snap in Sunday's division-clinching victory—if Sanders is out or limited against the Seahawks.

RELATED: 

Boston Scott

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Dec 30, 2019, 8:04 AM ET

Eagles coach Doug Pederson said Miles Sanders (ankle) is "day-to-day."

Sanders avoided any serious damage against the Giants and escaped with a chance to practice mid-week. Boston Scott totaled 19/54/3 rushing in Sanders' stead to punch Philadelphia's ticket to Wild Card weekend but would obviously have his workload scaled back into a lesser timeshare if Sanders is cleared ahead of Sunday night. The rookie's participation in practice throughout the week will be telling.

SOURCE: Zach Berman on Twitter

Dec 30, 2019, 12:19 PM ET

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Miles Sanders (ankle) has a low-grade low ankle sprain.

All signs point to Sanders suiting up for Philadelphia's Wild Card game against Seattle Sunday night after the results of his MRI allowed for a sigh of relief. Boston Scott exploded for 19/54/3 on the ground in Week 17 but previously logged just 13 and 9 touches (including 9 of Philadelphia's 48 backfield carries) in the two games leading up to their must-win showdown against the Giants. Sanders' participation in practice this week will be a subtle hint towards his availability.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Dec 31, 2019, 12:45 PM ET

Miles Sanders (ankle) remained sidelined at Thursday's practice.

This is probably a case of the Eagles being overly cautious as beat reporters still expect Sanders to play Sunday when Philadelphia hosts Seattle in its playoff opener. Sanders, who finished third among rookies with 818 rushing yards during the regular season, compiled 86 yards (63 rushing, 23 receiving) on 16 touches when the Eagles faced the Seahawks earlier this year. If Sanders is out or limited, Boston Scott would carry the load for Philadelphia with Jordan Howard working in a change-of-pace capacity.

RELATED: 

Jordan Howard

, Boston Scott

SOURCE: Dave Zangaro on Twitter

Jan 2, 2020, 1:35 PM ET

Eagles RB Miles Sanders said he's a go for the team's Wild Card matchup against the Seahawks.

Sanders suffered a low-grade lower ankle sprain in Week 17, but plans to play despite not practicing until Friday. Boston Scott will obviously have a large role either way after racking up 138 total yards and three touchdowns last week. It remains to be seen if the team intends on increasing Jordan Howard's role after playing him on just one snap in his return.

SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

Jan 3, 2020, 1:37 PM ET

Miles Sanders rushed 14 times for 69 yards, adding three catches for another eight yards in Philadelphia's Wild Card loss to the Seahawks.

Sanders' rookie season was a story told in two parts as he averaged 8.3 carries behind Darren Sproles, Jordan Howard, and Corey Clement through Philadelphia's first eight games before breaking out for 759 total yards as one of the team's lone weapons in the second half. He ultimately joined Gale Sayers, Marshall Faulk, Edgerrin James, and Saquon Barkley (among others) as one of just seven rookies in league history to account for 800 rushing yards and 500 receiving yards. Sanders' 1,327 yards from scrimmage also led all rookies this season. With Sproles out the picture and Howard likely landing elsewhere on the open market, the sky's the limit for Sanders in his anticipated sophomore follow-up. He'll come off draft boards in the 3rd/4th-round turn of Best-Ball leagues this offseason.

Jan 5, 2020, 9:41 PM ET

“He ultimately joined Gale Sayers, Marshall Faulk, Edgerrin James, and Saquon Barkley (among others) as one of just seven rookies in league history to account for 800 rushing yards and 500 receiving yards. Sanders' 1,327 yards from scrimmage also led all rookies this season.”

👀

It's funny, I have drafted him and have him as a dynasty player and don't love him.  I thought he was ok but he doesn't seem to break tackles.  He did well in space but I'd certainly move him if given a good offer.  Reading Sanders name against James, Faulk and the other listed above is laughable IMO.   

Two rookies I have are Sanders and AJ Brown and I'm much more excited about Brown than I am Sanders.  

It's funny, I have drafted him and have him as a dynasty player and don't love him.  I thought he was ok but he doesn't seem to break tackles.  He did well in space but I'd certainly move him if given a good offer.  Reading Sanders name against James, Faulk and the other listed above is laughable IMO.   

Two rookies I have are Sanders and AJ Brown and I'm much more excited about Brown than I am Sanders.  
what would you consider a good offer?

I look like a fool for saying Snell is better.  I guess homerism (UK) got the best of me  :scared:   Glad I didn't make a bet.
We all make mistakes it takes a bigger person to admit they were wrong. I nearly traded him away for a 2020 2nd rounder but after going back and looking at some of his college games I decided to hold on. I was hoping he’d get another chance at stating and thinking just maybe he’ll get better as the game slows down. I decided to hold and I’m glad I did.

Tex

Miles Sanders (knee) said he won't require offseason surgery.

Coming off an ankle sprain suffered in Week 17, Sanders injured his left knee during the first half of Sunday's season-ending loss to Seattle. Sanders was seen on crutches Monday, though he doesn't see the injury as a long-term issue. "No surgery. I'm cool," the rookie insisted. With Jordan Howard headed for free agency, Sanders should enter next year as the Eagles' lead ball-carrier. He can be treated as an RB2 in fantasy drafts next summer.

SOURCE: Jeff McLane on Twitter

Jan 6, 2020, 11:56 AM ET

Miles should be a top 15 back this year. Lets see who/what Doug does at the position in the draft, but judging by the absolute lack of action at the position, I would say its safe to say they are pretty high on him. My question is how high is his receptions ceiling - thinking he is a guy that has the ability to catch 70. 

Also, haha the beginning of this thread is so funny. People go on a roller coaster of emotions in a span of 3 months on a 21 year old kid. 

The Athletic's Zach Berman has Miles Sanders "entrenched" as the Eagles' No. 1 running back headed into the summer.

We haven't had a blurb on Sanders since the Eagles' Wild Card loss to the Seahawks when it was noted Sanders wouldn't require offseason knee surgery after going down in the first half of that game. Sanders averaged a meager 8.3 carries per game over the first eight games of his 2019 rookie season, but he developed into the team's top weapon in the second half of the year. Sanders was a playmaker as both a runner and receiver, finishing with 1,327 yards. Jordan Howard is in Miami, Darren Sproles retired, and Corey Clement is a free agent. The Eagles didn't sign any veteran free agents or spend a draft pick on a running back, leaving the job to Sanders with Boston Scott as the change of pace. This is the first time in the Doug Pederson era the Eagles' running back plans have been clear. Sanders is a fantasy RB1.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Apr 29, 2020, 12:51 PM ET

Warren Sharp @SharpFootball

Miles Sanders didn't even play 50% of the Eagles' snaps last yr until week 11...

...and still did this:

Warren Sharp @SharpFootball

The only rookie RBs in the last 30 years with:

• at least 1500 all purpose yards

• at least 4.5 YPC

• at least 7.5 YPA

• at least 200 return yards

Miles Sanders (2019)

Alvin Kamara (2017)

Adrian Peterson (2007)
https://twitter.com/sharpfootball/status/1255219922973712385?s=21

Warren Sharp @ SharpFootball

Actually no. The last 30 years, the only RBs with 1500 APY, 4.5 YPC and 7.5 YPA, in addition to those 3, were these 4:

Corey Dillon, Ricky Watters, Fred Taylor & Ezekiel Elliott

Pretty rare. No Saquon, no McCaffrey, no Le'Veon Bell, no David Johnson, no Fournette, no Gordon etc

Warren Sharp @Sharp Football 

^^ *Responding to whether return yards was a big eliminator

Last edited by a moderator:
NFL insider Adam Caplan predicts RB Miles Sanders will receive 15 to 18 touches per game.

Caplan, appearing on Inside the Birds - an Eagles focused podcast, detailed his expectation of three to four catches per contest on top of 12 to 13 carries. Lately Philly has been linked to veterans like Carlos Hyde and Devonta Freeman, but the expectation remains that Sanders will lead the backfield in touches each week. In the final eight games of his rookie season, Sanders played 72 percent of the team's snaps and averaged 18.4 touches.

SOURCE: Inside the Birds Podcast

May 21, 2020, 6:49 PM ET

Deamon said:
12 carries a game seems really low.  I don't see it being that low at all even if they bring someone in.
Agreed. I see 15 touches per game as a bare minimum floor, there will be a few games where he takes over, 25+ touches. 

He's currently sporting an ADP of 23-27 in Non-PPR (2nd round on a 14-teamer). That's way too high for a guy who won't have a workhorse role.

He's currently sporting an ADP of 23-27 in Non-PPR (2nd round on a 14-teamer). That's way too high for a guy who won't have a workhorse role.
He has Scott and Clement behind him... why won't he have a workhorse role?

EDT:  Also, if you think 23-27 is way too high in standard, that's usually about where RB14 is drafted.  He was RB14 last year.  So you're predicting a big drop off in production for him this year as he moves up to the full time starter?

Last edited by a moderator:
Non PPR would give me some pause, but he's got as good a chance as anyone in that range to be a value pick. (Especially in PPR).

He has Scott and Clement behind him... why won't he have a workhorse role?

EDT:  Also, if you think 23-27 is way too high in standard, that's usually about where RB14 is drafted.  He was RB14 last year.  So you're predicting a big drop off in production for him this year as he moves up to the full time starter?
I didn't think he would be a workhorse going into the season, but as I examine the roster I only see him and Boston Scott as backs of any note (forgot Clement was a FA). That rank seems a lot fairer now, although I'd be inclined to wait and see who they sign this offseason.

I didn't think he would be a workhorse going into the season, but as I examine the roster I only see him and Boston Scott as backs of any note (forgot Clement was a FA). That rank seems a lot fairer now, although I'd be inclined to wait and see who they sign this offseason.
Yes they could sign someone for sure. But that back would have less of an impact than Howard did. Sanders should definitely improve on last year's numbers which would make adp23-27 a huge bargain. 

The ADP I'm finding for him is anywhere from 16-22 which seems about right. 23-27 way too low. 

Deamon said:
Yes they could sign someone for sure. But that back would have less of an impact than Howard did. Sanders should definitely improve on last year's numbers which would make adp23-27 a huge bargain. 

The ADP I'm finding for him is anywhere from 16-22 which seems about right. 23-27 way too low. 
Rumors had them interested in Hyde or Freeman. I have no idea if there's truth there, but either could have taken more reps than Howard.

Users who are viewing this thread