What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Preston Williams, MIA (1 Viewer)

Undrafted rookie getting vet treatment to end preseason speaks volumes. I presume he's more than just made the team. He may have made the starting lineup. Or at least, the significant playing time lineup.
Yep. One more domino needs to fall.

Stills gets traded or cut and it's on. 

Explain why a Stills release benefits Williams
Opens up a starting role. Otherwise Parker/Wilson/Stills seem to be the starters when healthy. 

I think Williams is the best fit for Parkers role, maybe he can just win that. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Last year I went all in and spent the year's allocation of BBIDs in my PPR dynasty leagues on Lindsay. Turned out to be a great move. 

This year, spent 87% of my BBID in all my leagues and grabbed "The Unicorn"  :pickle:

Only 2 leagues I didn't land him (out of 10) were the 2 leagues where Darwin Thompson was available. I used the Full Monty of BBIDs to land him in those 2 leagues  :drive:
I wasn't sure what to bid for him in these leagues. I git him in a couple for $9 and $7. Although I love the skill set, the dumpster fire that is the Dolphins makes me think his value will drop this year and you might get him as a throw in as part of a bigger trade later in the season.

I wasn't sure what to bid for him in these leagues. I git him in a couple for $9 and $7. Although I love the skill set, the dumpster fire that is the Dolphins makes me think his value will drop this year and you might get him as a throw in as part of a bigger trade later in the season.
I may have overbid by a ton, but I can't see the reports anymore that showed who bid what (maybe I missed it) but I agree its quite possible he does little this year due to that crappy offense but I also could see a lot of meaningless 2nd half garbage points during blowouts. Either way definitely worth the hold. 

Fitzpatrick named the starter. 😐

He likes to throw deep, but his arm comes up way short as does the 'Fin O-Line.  He is going to lead the league in interceptions if he cant start putting some extra "umph" on his throws -- particularly to Williams.
The one good thing about Fitz (which also turns out to be bad at times) is he's not afraid to force the ball into a covered receiver and let his receiver fight for the ball. That worked out well when he had three big strong guys like Marshall, Decker and Enunwa who often bailed him out - but of course it also leads to turnovers, Williams could be a guy that Fitz forces it into though and he'll also take chances down field (despite his pop gun arm as you said).

Guys. I am a long time and huge Dolphins fan.

I want to understand what your expectations for Williams is in this offense this season. I get the dynasty point of view but even that is iffy based on this franchises incredibly awful history the last 20 years in the front office.

IMO with this offense...best case scenario:

55-60 receptions 600 yards 2 TD's

And that is best case. Fitzpatrick being named the starter IMO does not bode well for Preston. He developed all he rapport with Rosen. By the bye week if (when) the Dolphins are 1-3 or 0-4 Rosen will be inserted to face the Redskins. 

Just temper your expectations about The Unicorn this season. This offense is an albatross. 

I want to understand what your expectations for Williams is in this offense this season. I get the dynasty point of view but even that is iffy based on this franchises incredibly awful history the last 20 years in the front office.

And that is best case. Fitzpatrick being named the starter IMO does not bode well for Preston. He developed all he rapport with Rosen. By the bye week if (when) the Dolphins are 1-3 or 0-4 Rosen will be inserted to face the Redskins. 

Just temper your expectations about The Unicorn this season. This offense is an albatross. 
That best case scenario would have been good for most yards on the dolphins last year.  Ouch. 

My expectations for this year are pretty low.  I think he could blown up if he gets force fed and a bigger target share than anyone else, but let's get him in the starting lineup before we wish for high target share....

Its all dynasty for me in terms of the excitement. 

That best case scenario would have been good for most yards on the dolphins last year.  Ouch. 

My expectations for this year are pretty low.  I think he could blown up if he gets force fed and a bigger target share than anyone else, but let's get him in the starting lineup before we wish for high target share....

Its all dynasty for me in terms of the excitement. 
Yep. I agree. To me Albert Wilson, Grant and Williams are the future.

Stills and Parker are on the way out. And maybe as early as next week. 

Also keep an eye out for Ford. 

Even I’ll admit that is probably the ceiling for him.  What I expect is him to flash every once in a while in a limited role.  It would be icing on the cake if he is a starter.  

Next year they’re almost guaranteed to address the WR position more so the hope (at least for me and Preston) is that it’s limited.  Maybe 1 high end prospect and 1 late rounder.  

The situation is very much Michael Gallup to me.  Don’t expect him to be a true #1 right out the gate, and when another elite talent comes into town he can excel.  

Thank you! I was struggling whether to leave him active on my roster or put him on my practice squad for the year. PS it is.

His ceiling is way higher than that. I don't expect him to hit that but Preston Williams is a future #1 WR and the coaching staff knows it. 

I think he played last night but did not catch his two targets.  Can anyone who watched the game confirm this?

E2A: Nevermind, I think that was week 3.

Milkman said:
His ceiling is way higher than that. I don't expect him to hit that but Preston Williams is a future #1 WR and the coaching staff knows it. 
Yep...agree he has a bright future. This season though......going to be rough all the way around for the offense.

Yep...agree he has a bright future. This season though......going to be rough all the way around for the offense.
Agreed. Just think with the season lost before it starts.......one of the priorities of the season could quickly become developing Preston Williams. 

Took him with my last pick in my redraft league as a flier. After reading this thread, wondering if Boykins would be a better option for me this year.

Took him with my last pick in my redraft league as a flier. After reading this thread, wondering if Boykins would be a better option for me this year.
Neither are going to be great redraft options for this season most likely. May as well stick with Williams for a game or two. No one is picking up Boykins unless he pops Week 1.

Neither are going to be great redraft options for this season most likely. May as well stick with Williams for a game or two. No one is picking up Boykins unless he pops Week 1.
I think Bonzai grabbed Boykins in our music league. Or Marco did. But he gone. 

This dude is going completely under the radar on some other platforms. Everyone seems to be mentioning Wilson, some sprinkles of Grant, and Parker is an afterthought.

Shark Pool probably coming through once again.

Wilson passed in surgery to his hip to sit all season and all offseason to heal, only to have the same problem bothering him this spring/summer. IMO there is zero chance Wilson plays all 16 games
I dunno man. wilson was so damn impressive last year. I have a feeling if he didnt get injured hed be on 100% of rosters this year. Maybe Im nuts.

I dunno man. wilson was so damn impressive last year. I have a feeling if he didnt get injured hed be on 100% of rosters this year. Maybe Im nuts.
I'm not saying he's no good. I agree with you. I think his hip problem is quite serious and will force him to have surgery

I'm not saying he's no good. I agree with you. I think his hip problem is quite serious and will force him to have surgery
Wilson seems to be healthy now (fully practiced and played in PS game 4) you think he will re-aggravate the hip?

LOL.....guys....relax you are all delusional. This team is going be so bad......he will be a fringe WR4 Come on guys. Wake up!!!!

He is talented.....everything around him right now is not. No OL. No time to throw, this team will be getting killed every week and they will not be able to produce garbage time points. 

You are over reacting. And they have other targets.....Wilson, Drake, Gesicki, Parker, Ford (you are all asleep on on him too). It will be a #### show in Miami. Temper your expectations guys.

Wilson seems to be healthy now (fully practiced and played in PS game 4) you think he will re-aggravate the hip?
Yes. I am concerned because he sat since Late October 2018, and it just started feeling better a couple weeks ago? Nothing takes that long to heal naturally, and few things take that long to rehab following non-surgical interventions. Something is not right with his hip IMO

ETA: I would wager it's a labral tear, which explains why he didn't want surgery. It's not very effective and would be a pretty bad prognosis for his NFL career. Labral tears don't heal on their own. That same labral tear is still there, waiting to come out of hiding

LOL.....guys....relax you are all delusional. This team is going be so bad......he will be a fringe WR4 Come on guys. Wake up!!!!

He is talented.....everything around him right now is not. No OL. No time to throw, this team will be getting killed every week and they will not be able to produce garbage time points. 

You are over reacting. And they have other targets.....Wilson, Drake, Gesicki, Parker, Ford (you are all asleep on on him too). It will be a #### show in Miami. Temper your expectations guys.
Exactly.  And I have him on my roster.  Zero expectations this year.

Yes. I am concerned because he sat since Late October 2018, and it just started feeling better a couple weeks ago? Nothing takes that long to heal naturally, and few things take that long to rehab following non-surgical interventions. Something is not right with his hip IMO
That would stink. I love that kids game. Would be a shame. They will also keep Butler it would seem.....and don’t forget they just gave Grant a nice extension. He will earn that by being in the lineup a lot. 

I agree with what you're saying but this is a meteoric rise from UDFA to possibly starting WR in one preseason. Preston Williams already has flashed elite traits in preseason games and been tearing it up in camp. He's going to out snap Parker fairly quickly in games and by midseason he'll be starting. Dude looks like a legit #1 WR to me. It's going to be bumpy this year with a few big games but next year they will likely be drafting #1 and there will be an elite QB. 

Preston Williams is a buy in dynasty right now. 

Users who are viewing this thread