What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do I have unrealistic dating standards? (1 Viewer)

bosoxs45

Footballguy
Like, I really like the idea of dating a tall woman like Karlie Kloss (6'2). However, I am only 5'6 and not sure if taller women would care. 

Do you have a preference of dating someone taller or shorter than you?

Tony Robbins: You're looking for a young Paulina type?

Shallow Hal: Well, that face. But with better headlights. You know how hers have kind of dimmed lately? Heidi Klum's beams would would do, and her teeth. Or, ooh. That Britney Spears girl. She's got great knockers, but she's a tad muscular. Uh. Actually, you know what? Her ### would do, too. If she had a better grille. Like, uh. Michelle Pfeiffer back when she did Grease 2. But she'd have to be a little smilier than Michelle. Kind of like Rebecca Romijn-Stamos, before she got Stamosed. But not as skinny. Someone a little meatier, like Heidi. But without the accent. You know those accents: yah-yah-yah-yah. They really get old fast. You know what I mean? Someone like that.

You might find someone but women like dating taller men.  It allows them to wear heels.  I had a long term GF back in my 20's who was only like 2 inches shorter than me and she would always tell me that she hated the fact she couldn't wear certain shoes or she'd look taller than me.

For women, it's all about the shoes.

You might find someone but women like dating taller men.  It allows them to wear heels.  I had a long term GF back in my 20's who was only like 2 inches shorter than me and she would always tell me that she hated the fact she couldn't wear certain shoes or she'd look taller than me.

For women, it's all about the shoes.
You could have started wearing shoes like Prince did.  Maybe not the cheekless chaps.

Yes. Everybody does. Don't think i can say this without pissing a lot of people off, but a man initially thinks of women the way a big cat thinks of antelopes - wants to go after the biggest, juiciest one who won't kick the #### out of him because, while the hunt has its charms, he wants his catch to sustain him for a while before he puts himself out there again. Everybody's criteria is different, but that's the impulse.

"Impulse" being the key word. Not advocating, just explaining. Don't want you to fart in church, hit nasty folk on the bus, laugh at or curse the pathetic neither. Impulses come in and what we do with them is who we are.

I'm a big guy so i like big women. I actually feel like uncomfortable around tiny women, like a big dog w kittens.My wife was 6'1 and the funniest TV scene i ever wrote involved a District Court judge being sent a 6'6 hooker by a Russian crime boss.

The thing big women like most is not feeling the burden of it. My Mary, a mud wrestler who i've actually seen beat men up, loved that i could pick her up and twirl her around and make her feel like a girl, like not to care, but she was also very happy doing the twirling. Her bf before me weren't no bigger'n you. If you can help em not be aware of what they are all the time, you got a shot

Yes. Everybody does. Don't think i can say this without pissing a lot of people off, but a man initially thinks of women the way a big cat thinks of antelopes - wants to go after the biggest, juiciest one who won't kick the #### out of him because, while the hunt has its charms, he wants his catch to sustain him for a while before he puts himself out there again. Everybody's criteria is different, but that's the impulse.
Don't the big cats look for the young, the old, the weak, or the injured prey?  Basically whatever's easiest?

"Impulse" being the key word. Not advocating, just explaining. Don't want you to fart in church, hit nasty folk on the bus, laugh at or curse the pathetic neither. Impulses come in and what we do with them is who we are.

I'm a big guy so i like big women. I actually feel like uncomfortable around tiny women, like a big dog w kittens.My wife was 6'1 and the funniest TV scene i ever wrote involved a District Court judge being sent a 6'6 hooker by a Russian crime boss.

The thing big women like most is not feeling the burden of it. My Mary, a mud wrestler who i've actually seen beat men up, loved that i could pick her up and twirl her around and make her feel like a girl, like not to care, but she was also very happy doing the twirling. Her bf before me weren't no bigger'n you. If you can help em not be aware of what they are all the time, you got a shot
My little sister is 6'1 and prolly near your weight.

You did not piss me off - nor would you have pissed my sis.

The "impulse" explanation was very good.

I really would have liked to have met you and Mary out on the scene - if our respective time/locations had meshed a little better.

Always love these insights. 👍

Man of Constant Sorrow said:
I really would have liked to have met you and Mary out on the scene - if our respective time/locations had meshed a little better.
We liked each other from the start - we worked together - but we could really tell we were meant for each other when, on several of our early dates, we looked up and realized that most of the restaurant was watching & listening to us, almost like a floor show.

I had moved to Reno with my best pal and his wife and we had a house together when Mary & i started dating. They invited her over for a barbeque after only seeing her for the morning dash the first few times and, when Mary left for work, my friend-in-law said, "What the hell was that?!" She swore up & down that we had to have rehearsed our dialogue or some such thing. "It was like watching a Nick & Nora movie" (from The Thin Man - look it up if you don't know), "nobody just acts like that". Neither of us imagined we would ever synch up with someone that way and felt free to drag each other thru Hell for the pleasure.

We liked each other from the start - we worked together - but we could really tell we were meant for each other when, on several of our early dates, we looked up and realized that most of the restaurant was watching & listening to us, almost like a floor show.

I had moved to Reno with my best pal and his wife and we had a house together when Mary & i started dating. They invited her over for a barbeque after only seeing her for the morning dash the first few times and, when Mary left for work, my friend-in-law said, "What the hell was that?!" She swore up & down that we had to have rehearsed our dialogue or some such thing. "It was like watching a Nick & Nora movie" (from The Thin Man - look it up if you don't know), "nobody just acts like that". Neither of us imagined we would ever synch up with someone that way and felt free to drag each other thru Hell for the pleasure.
Beautiful story.

Regarding the "rehearsed" - the synch - that's magic, mi amigo.

I know it was a show to behold.

Thnx.

wikkidpissah said:
the funniest TV scene i ever wrote 
What? I don’t want to hijack the thread, but can you unpack this a bit for me? Is there a thread on here that deals with what you do/did? 

What? I don’t want to hijack the thread, but can you unpack this a bit for me? Is there a thread on here that deals with what you do/did? 
sry - i wrote it, it wasnt on. havent had a sale since '82. most folks around here know that.

it was a good pilot, though, 10 yrs ago - about a billionaire's son who was kidnapped for ransom as a child - a la Getty - and has been agoraphobic since. being a billionaire's son, though, he's agoraphobic from the top two floors of a Manhattan skyscraper, from where he runs a game design company. when a friend of his is killed by the Russian mob, he wants to investigate personally but can't leave the house, so his game guys wire a private investigator for sight & sound and send him out as Richie Rich's eyes & ears. he solves the crime by proxy and develops a taste for it and enemies in the Russian mob and police department.

Last edited by a moderator:
sry - i wrote it, it wasnt on. havent had a sale since '82. most folks around here know that.

it was a good pilot, though, 10 yrs ago - about a billionaire's son who was kidnapped for ransom as a child - a la Getty - and has been agoraphobic since. being a billionaire's son, though, he's agoraphobic from the top two floors of a Manhattan skyscraper, from where he runs a game design company. when a friend of his is killed by the Russian mob, he wants to investigate personally but can't leave the house, so his game guys wire a private investigator for sight & sound and send him out as Richie Rich's eyes & ears. he solves the crime by proxy and develops a taste for it and enemies in the Russian mob and police department.
You have other stuff that was “published”? TV shows/movies? Can you share? 

You have other stuff that was “published”? TV shows/movies? Can you share? 
Had one play produced in Boston, with talk of NY, in the 70s called Dinner & Divorce, about a married couple who would go down to the Caribbean and get divorced every New Year's Eve & remarried New Year's Day for tax purposes but, this one year.................... The IRS closed the loophole, which closed any possible future sales of my play (as far as i know, my old agent has the only copy anymore). Had a radio comedy show, Zero Hour, that was on in several Northeastern markets on 11pm Saturdays, an attempt to capitalize on SNLmania (people actually built parties around watching the Belushi/Radner SNL). Got an ulcer from that, accepted the invitation of a girlfriend to join her in a commune in New Mexico and quit showbiz.

My agent didn't quit me, though. He got me a writer's audition for the 2nd cast (Eddie Murphy/Joe Piscopo) of SNLin 1980 - writers had to audition like an actor because breakout star Chevy Chase had been originally hired as a writer. The most terrifying 8 minutes of my life (my bit was The Death of Comedy - which i predicted would occur if i was hired by SNL - with me doing imitations of Groucho Marx & Jerry Lewis being totally serious) resulted in nothing, but gave my agent a way to shop me. I ended up co-writing a sitcom adaptation of the hit 70s movie Car Wash with one of the principles for ABC, it got green-lighted and then lost in a regime change. I quit showbiz f'realsies, went into the gaming biz and didn't write commercial again for 20 yrs when my movie director cousin told me he could get my stuff considered by the right people. I wrote a movie script of what i call the "Irish Annie Hall" about those days in NY, nobody wanted it, wrote a couple spec scripts just to find out that TV dont buy original ideas anymore, they give you a job on someone else's TV show if your original idea is good but they dont even consider that for guys my age so.....This decade i been writing a movie musical based on Alice in Wonderland all grown up in Manhattan, just for grins. There's a LOT of careers just like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread