What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NHL Playoff Thread: , Let’s shut this one down. Rangers making moves and draft on Friday. Bring it to offseason thread bromigos (5 Viewers)

5 goals in 4 game.  Pretty much sums it up.  What pisses me off was Rask was my fantasy goalie and out played by Halak and played less than 50 games.  Smart move by B's.  Paying off now.

Good season for Carolina. Congratulations.

Not much to say about the Bruins. They played well this series. That first game was the back-breaker for Carolina. They weren't really in the series after that. 

Good season for Carolina. Congratulations.

Not much to say about the Bruins. They played well this series. That first game was the back-breaker for Carolina. They weren't really in the series after that. 
They didn't kill the pentalites game one or all series.  Missed open nets first period game 3.  Their margin for error was not high enough to do that.  Even if they took 1 and 3, cant see them winning 4 in the series in hindsight.  Too deep, too talented and Rask.

They didn't kill the pentalites game one or all series.  Missed open nets first period game 3.  Their margin for error was not high enough to do that.  Even if they took 1 and 3, cant see them winning 4 in the series in hindsight.  Too deep, too talented and Rask.
Yeah, I think I can set aside tepid fandom and say that these were the causes. Depth, Rask, and all the bounces seemed to go Boston's way somehow. 

@IC FBGCav Thanks for being a great sport this whole series.

And big ups to the 'Canes. Hope this is just the start of good things for them with the young core and Brind'Amour behind the bench. And that the fan support continues as well.

Oh, and pretzels. Never forget the pretzels.

Yep, turns out I'm still not over it. 

That picture of Marty is unbelievable - with the added bonus if you look closely at the ice in front of the goal, you can see the giant puddles of standing water that slowed the Cats' attack.

One way to potentially fix these bad non-calls is to have a coaches challenge for 1 play every game regardless of the reviewability of a play. If the coach says to check for the hand pass for example, the refs have to check with Toronto.  Simple as that.  The "that play is not reviewable" would be overruled by a coach.  It is simply inexcusable that 4 refs are missing calls that affect goals in a playoff game where goals are usually at a premium.   

Talked with a buddy in Worcester and he seemed happy 🤷‍♂️
New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and No. CT are definitely celebrating a bit. 

As far as the Twitter thing goes, I'd be tempted to slap someone, too, if they'd just beat my team by an aggregate 17-5 goals and a 4-0 sweep. That'll make anybody sore. 

I’m being a little unfair to Boston fans.  In my experience with visiting fans, Penguins fans are even worse

Dickies said:
I don’t really see a downside to making handpasses legal.  It’s one of the more annoying stoppages in play
I can see lots of grey area when players sort of catch it and toss it to a teammate. Yes it happens today in the Dzone but I don't think we want more referee discretion involved in the offensive zone.

rockaction said:
New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and No. CT are definitely celebrating a bit. 

As far as the Twitter thing goes, I'd be tempted to slap someone, too, if they'd just beat my team by an aggregate 17-5 goals and a 4-0 sweep. That'll make anybody sore. 
:hot:  

guess he's never heard of Maine or maybe he thinks you guys are all Habs fans
Oops. I cannot forget the fine folks in Maine. My uncle lives there, actually.

I would think Vermont has Habs fans, too. Montreal is hop and skip away, IIRC. People talk of the clubbing scene often. 

Ive been to old orchard beach in Maine. By the amount of french candiens there, I would have thought I was in Montreal 

Sharks playing with fire so far.  They'll be lucky to get to intermission only down 1 based on early returns.

Users who are viewing this thread