What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NHL Playoff Thread: , Let’s shut this one down. Rangers making moves and draft on Friday. Bring it to offseason thread bromigos (7 Viewers)

better luck next year lumbus florida
Interesting offseason for CBJ. Panarin and Bob probably walk for nothing. Their only draft picks this year are a 4th and a 7th. They might be able to re-sign Duchene but that would cost them their 2020 first and they've already deal their 2nd and 3rd that year.

No idea what their goalie prospect pool looks like but I saw they signed a 25 yo Latvian goalie who was playing in the Swiss league to an ELC but he's an RFA. They also have a young Russian goalie Danil Tarasov who is their only goalie currently under contract for next year.

Interesting offseason for CBJ. Panarin and Bob probably walk for nothing. Their only draft picks this year are a 4th and a 7th. They might be able to re-sign Duchene but that would cost them their 2020 first and they've already deal their 2nd and 3rd that year.

No idea what their goalie prospect pool looks like but I saw they signed a 25 yo Latvian goalie who was playing in the Swiss league to an ELC but he's an RFA. They also have a young Russian goalie Danil Tarasov who is their only goalie currently under contract for next year.
I really liked what I saw from Jenner. He’s a guy I’d love to have on my team 

Interesting although somewhat condescending. Apparently illegal hit to head is either a minor or match penalty.

That being said, couldn't they have called it elbowing?

@PaulStewart22: Regarding the McAvoy hit, refer to Rule 48 in NHL Rule Book. That is why there was not a major penalty assessed. If you are going to criticize a call, you should know first what the Rule Book says.  (FWIW, there SHOULD be a provision for a 5 when not match penalty worthy) https://twitter.com/PaulStewart22/status/1125710481723932672/photo/1

Interesting although somewhat condescending. Apparently illegal hit to head is either a minor or match penalty.

@PaulStewart22: Regarding the McAvoy hit, refer to Rule 48 in NHL Rule Book. That is why there was not a major penalty assessed. If you are going to criticize a call, you should know first what the Rule Book says.  (FWIW, there SHOULD be a provision for a 5 when not match penalty worthy) https://twitter.com/PaulStewart22/status/1125710481723932672/photo/1
You could have called it elbowing, but only if we change the word shoulder to elbow in the dictionary...

That is interesting. I think the guys in the booth actually thought that he should get a match, but that's the guys in the booth. 

Prevailing thought on the conference finals schedule:

Bruins-Canes Game 1 is set for Thursday at 8.

Sharks have home ice if they win tomorrow. Can't host Sunday because of Stars on Ice (as opposed to Dallas Stars on ice).

Blues have home ice if they win tonight and Sharks lose. Can't host Friday because of Cher.

So the only way WCF can start Friday is if it ends up being Stars vs. Avs, in which case ECF Game 2 is Saturday at 8. Otherwise, the WCF starts Saturday in either SJ or STL, and B's-Canes Game 2 is Sunday at 3.

I think.

McEvoy suspended for Game 1 of the ECF. As a Bruins fan, I have zero problem with that. If anything, he got off a bit light.

McEvoy suspended for Game 1 of the ECF. As a Bruins fan, I have zero problem with that. If anything, he got off a bit light.
I think it was right. No prior history, bad hit but no real intent. That’s pretty much in line with how things get handled in the postseason.

it just doesn’t make much sense that Kukan’s elbow to Backes in Game 4 didn’t even draw a look, but water under the bridge.

Blues really controlled that period. Stars lucky to be tied. Not to mention the luck involved in that goal.

I said anton khubodin looks like a beer league goalie. My son said he looks like Euron from GoT.  Put some more facial hair on him and i think hes right. 

Stars wins mean Sabres keep the Blues 1st round pick and draft in the top-20. Blues win and then the Sabres will be picking at the end of round 1 (via Blues or Sharks pick). About 10 spots of draft position on the line.

Go Stars.

One of the most one-sided games i have watched this late in the playoffs. So, ya, pretty much guaranteed to be a stars victory.
:lol:  

I think the Blues will pull it out. Dallas relies so much on their three good dmen. One will tire or they'll throw Polak out at the wrong time or something and St. Louis will score.

Only 8 minutes for Fedun in this game. Stars basically going with 5 D.

5 minutes for Brett Richie and 6 minutes for Spezza's corpse but both just got a shift pretty early in OT.

Blues look pretty balanced.

A Dallas victory in Tuesday’s Game 7 in St. Louis would send the Stars’ first-rounder to the Rangers and thus bring the Blueshirts’ total to three, including their own at second-overall and Winnipeg’s that now sits at between 18th and 20th. Coming away with this additional first-rounder as per conditions of the Mats Zuccarello deal would allow Gorton to be even more aggressive than anticipated attempting to get a double-dip into the draft’s top 10.

Users who are viewing this thread