What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NHL Playoff Thread: , Let’s shut this one down. Rangers making moves and draft on Friday. Bring it to offseason thread bromigos (5 Viewers)

The Bruins PP was insane in the playoffs and I think I saw they had a 10-3 advantage in power plays this series. They don’t need to do anything different really. Blues played desperate. 
Yeah, their special teams have been pretty crazy. That's probably the only reason they beat Toronto and Columbus. Blues were just better. I was just venting about goon hockey. Seriously. Bruins looked a step slower tonight than St. Louis. 

I hate the extra days off in the Finals but both teams might need it after this game. A lot of end to end skating and a lot of physical play

This reminds me of the San Jose series.  The Blues came out hitting and got smoked in Game 1, but kept at it and took control in Game 2.  Same thing in this series so far.  Winning 3 more against the Bruins will be a lot tougher, though. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Off to bed

to me it’s as simple as this. Top line plays like a top line Bs win, if they play like last two games I expect St Louis to hoist the Cup. 

8-1 in the last 9 playoff games 

Bruins deserved to lose that game..

They played lazy, uninterested and just weren't going to get it done..

5 D didn't help

stupid blind passes definitely didn’t help

@SWhyno: Oskar Sundqvist said Carl Gunnarsson saw Craig Berube “in the pisser” between 3rd and OT and told him all he needed was another chance.

Grz hit was underpenalized (that elbow was hanging hard), but Blues deserved to win this before OT. Boston crowd sucked, energy was low,  Chara was a statue....

poor Rask must have felt like he was on a D Day Beachhead out there... between the shots and the Blues players flying into him all game. 

B’s looked as bad tonight as the Blues did in the 2nd “half” of G1. 

Satuday should be Blues game to lose with the city coming off its first cup final win in history. Hard to not be happy for them. 

Boston fans were predictably over confident after G1, but it looked like the players bought into the hype a bit too. 

Kudos to St Louis. Earned this win big time tonight. See you guys Saturday.

Grz hit was underpenalized (that elbow was hanging hard), but Blues deserved to win this before OT. Boston crowd sucked, energy was low,  Chara was a statue....

poor Rask must have felt like he was on a D Day Beachhead out there... between the shots and the Blues players flying into him all game. 

B’s looked as bad tonight as the Blues did in the 2nd “half” of G1. 

Satuday should be Blues game to lose with the city coming off its first cup final win in history. Hard to not be happy for them. 

Boston fans were predictably over confident after G1, but it looked like the players bought into the hype a bit too. 

Kudos to St Louis. Earned this win big time tonight. See you guys Saturday.
:thumbup:   :thumbup:

I knew everybody was rooting against the Ruins. Even the old SWC'er has been rumored to have favored the Blues now and again, and it broke my broheartski.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, their special teams have been pretty crazy. That's probably the only reason they beat Toronto and Columbus. Blues were just better. I was just venting about goon hockey. Seriously. Bruins looked a step slower tonight than St. Louis. 
I thought the Bruins looked much quicker than the Blues in the first 2 periods.  Much quicker into the zone on PPs than any team we've played thus far in the playoffs.  They get set up so quickly it seems like they're constantly pressing the goalie.  That'll wear.  Blues have to stay physical without taking the penalties.  Bruins might out-<insert anything else you want here> them, but they're not going to out-physical them.  

I honestly think this series is going to come down to penalties.  If the Blues keep giving up silly (or made up) penalties, they're going to wear down too much and Boston is simply too good on the PP.  But, if that can be limited, then hopefully the Blues hard-hitting can continue to wear and frustrate the Bruins and they can sneak an extra win or two as a result.

@NHLPlayerSafety: St. Louis’ Oskar Sundqvist will have a hearing today for Boarding Boston’s Matt Grzelcyk.

@NHLPlayerSafety: St. Louis’ Oskar Sundqvist will have a hearing today for Boarding Boston’s Matt Grzelcyk.
It was kind of reckless but I don’t think he should be suspended, I wouldn’t have given him just 2 minutes but I don’t think a suspension is in order either

I love the Blues style of hockey. Tough, physical, borderline of penalties (and slightly over). Reminds me of a number of Bruins teams in the past. They grind, hit and wear you down. Old style hockey. This Bruins team has depth and talent and the better goalie but this will be a war of attrition down to the end.

This is going to be a great series.

MASON MCTAVISH HAS COMMITTED TO THE PETERBOROUGH PETES

Holy ####. Thank goodness. Some of you know how much I follow the OHL/Petes, 30 years of season tickets, column in the local paper etc... Their first round pick #3 overall and sure NHL prospect last year Will Cuylle refused to report to the team and forced a trade to Windsor. Big loss not in terms of not having him (that sucks but they got #5 overall as a comp pick this year, plus all the picks they traded him for, plus all their regular picks, so asset wise it's really pretty great) but in terms of the reputation/feeling that top players don't want to come play in Peterborough.

Anyway, come this year with the #5 pick they had as compensation they took the absolute best player they could again, this time Mason McTavish. And immediately all the whispers came saying he wouldn't report to Peterborough, his dad played in Switzerland and he could go there or the USHL, which are viable routes but a guy who is as big and strong as him is probably best development wise in the OHL... The Petes announced they signed the guys they picked at #12 and #21 on Tuesday with no mention of McTavish at all, Petes fans had mostly accepted that it would be a replay of last year but you don't get the compensation first round pick two years in a row, so it would have really sucked to lose both the high end player two years in a row but have nothing to show for it either.

Anyway, they just dropped the out of the blue announcement that he signed. Huge huge win for the Petes. I am so pumped right now.

@Bill Brasky

“Russo on the Nino-Rask trade on his podcast

On a whim, they call up Carolina and in 2 seconds, CAR is like "Yeah we'll do Nino"... The Wild hadn't even scouted (Rask). They did no due diligence on him. It just happened. A thought at their meetings in January and it just happens.”

https://twitter.com/account4hockey/status/1134238025729396736?s=21
Just another trade the wild have made that will bug me for a long time.   I wouldn’t doubt the other couple trades they did went down the exact same way.  

Nikita Zaitsev asked for a trade out of Toronto. Toronto probably wanted to trade him and the contract anyway. Question is will anyone trade for him without Toronto retaining salary, which with Marner/Kapanen/Johnsson needing contracts, they can't do. 

Bob McKenzie says multiple teams interested, which I believe. He's a bit overpaid but he's not a bad defenceman. 

@Bill Brasky

“Russo on the Nino-Rask trade on his podcast

On a whim, they call up Carolina and in 2 seconds, CAR is like "Yeah we'll do Nino"... The Wild hadn't even scouted (Rask). They did no due diligence on him. It just happened. A thought at their meetings in January and it just happens.”

https://twitter.com/account4hockey/status/1134238025729396736?s=21
haven't listened to this one yet but that podcast is great other than the 100 commercials each episode.  typical episode is basically Russo ####ting on Fenton for 30-40 min which is an outstanding listen.

not surprised by this at all.  it doesn't even sound like it was a secret that Carolina was going to buy him out this summer and had he looked at what he was getting for that contract it would have been obvious anyway.  by the sounds of it Fenton is more worried about who in the organization might leak an announcement to the media an hour before they make it than his actual hockey decisions.  guy sounds like a pain in the ### to deal with if you're not in his inner circle and is very arrogant about his opinions which hurts his decision making process because he never vets/feels anything out.  he's so desperate to shake things up but has absolutely no plan in place.  this summer is going to be an inevitable disaster but at least it will be entertaining seeing how bad he can screw it up.  hopefully it will speed up the process to getting him fired.

Headed down to N Station to watch the game from the bar. Will be at Greatest if anyone happens to be in the area 

Users who are viewing this thread