What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (16 Viewers)

Didn't watch. Didn't want to watch.

But did he lay out, anything, anything at all he plans to do?

Or was it all attacking and cheap lazy shots?

The bolded is certainly not true.

I would imagine that if the pollsters are wrong about Trump again in 2020 several of them will go out of business. I am guessing that they are being exceedingly cautious, and the current polling is even worse for Trump at the present time than is being reported.
I doubt it. To the best of my understanding, pollstersĀ still havenā€™t really explained the closet supporters last time and admit they canā€™t really gauge his supportĀ with any degree of accuracy +/- 3, which is huge.

1- What?Ā  Is he French or something.Ā 

2- Tend to agree, but maybe that's why the "running mate" brought it up.Ā 

3- I tend to think it can't hurt grab em by the kitty tweet happy Trump. It could destroy the democrats.Ā 
Since you spelled Pence ā€œPenseā€ in back to back posts and this is your reply I have to ask, do you know how to spell it yet? It doesnā€™t surprise me you can repeat Penceā€™s talking points about how great trump is.Ā 

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't watch. Didn't want to watch.

But did he lay out, anything, anything at all he plans to do?

Or was it all attacking and cheap lazy shots?
Sounds like he is more focused on rounding up illegals here already instead of being so focused on building the wall like in his election campaign.Ā 

With his intentions official, letā€™s handicap the field.Ā 

The only Democrat in the announced field that poses any threat, in my opinion, Ā is Biden. Ā He should cruise over anyone else. Ā 
Which is interesting in itself as Biden is awful but I think you are right.Ā 

Sure...my questionsĀ have been pointed to start or keep conversation. Ā Asking people about what he has done...wondering why only Biden is a threat. And so on.

That is in good faith, people should be able to articulate and back up their support, assertions,Ā and opinions.
Your act is so old......just go away. A whole forum was created as your safe space, just this thread without you would be excellent. TIA.Ā 

I do think it would be nice if those of us that are staunchly opposed to Trump could dial it down a bit in this thread, or maybe just not post in here at all unless it's a good faith sort of thing, but I'll keep my expectations low on that front.
I agree. This is my last post in this thread.Ā 
Think I am with you guys on this one.Ā  Safe space engaged....I'm out!Ā  :hifive: Ā 

Trump brought up Hillary tonight and the crowd chanted ā€œLock her up!ā€Ā 
Same showman, same message, same audience as 2016. Except for the cameo roles by Little Marco, Caddy Graham and Voldemort Scott.Ā 

Many in theĀ LGBTQ community were upset that he chose Orlando, cityĀ of the Pulse Shooting, to begin his campaign.Ā 

Joe Scarborough just offered the single best comparison Iā€™ve heard: Ā Elvis Presley from 1977, fatĀ and sweaty, barely able to move, still selling out concerts to screaming women in their 50s, still singing ā€œHound Dogā€ and all the old hits...

I didn't see the rally.Ā  What new talking points did Trump have to get people excited for a second term?Ā  Did he talk about anything new to gain any new voters?

Since you spelled Pence ā€œPenseā€ in back to back posts and this is your reply I have to ask, do you know how to spell it yet? It doesnā€™t surprise me you can repeat Penceā€™s talking points about how great trump is.Ā 
Yes.

It's not that hard to remember what someone said on tv just a few minutes prior. Trump being great is a matter of opinion.Ā 

Your act is so old......just go away. A whole forum was created as your safe space, just this thread without you would be excellent. TIA.Ā 
Stop with the safe space nonsense. Ā If you canā€™t handle questions about the man you support, thatā€™s on you, not me.

I can repeat everything Mike Pense said if you'd like. Some of them are debatable, but, others are undeniable even if you disagree with them.Ā 

Rebuilt our military, most military spending since Regan.

Wiped out ISIS (from Syria I presume).

Moved Israel embassy to Jerusalem, something several other presidents promised and never did.Ā 

Increased access to care and resources for our Vets.Ā 

Supported police to reduce crime rates.Ā 

Implemented programs to address the opioid crisis.Ā 

Spent a lot of effort and money to secure the boarder.Ā 

Appointed two supreme court justices that will protect the second amendment and support right to life.Ā 

Brought back jobs with lowest unemployment rates in 50 years.Ā 

Cut taxes.Ā Ā 
Iā€™ll say Iā€™m happy to see an actual policy discussion but first of all itā€™s funny itĀ took Pence to enunciate that, not Trump. Secondly I see maybe 5Ā things both uniquely done by Trump and that also we could say did actually happen. Military spending, border policy, Jerusalem embassy, USSC picks, taxes.

Iā€™m not arguing about policy here, just the claims that Trump did them or that they happened.

Iā€™ve always beenĀ  :whoosh: about what is conservative or Republican about the Jerusalem move also. Why is that something Republicans care about? Itā€™s almost as if Trump just plucked it out of thin air.Ā 

And as I understand it Israelā€™s foreign policy is still conducted in Tel Aviv and thatā€™s where almost all of the worldā€™s foreign policy establishment is... and we are now in another city. Itā€™s like the US deciding to move its Russian embassy to St. Petersburg all by ourselves because Lenin illegally moved the capital in 1917.

I didn't see the rally.Ā  What new talking points did Trump have to get people excited for a second term?Ā  Did he talk about anything new to gain any new voters?
Thereā€™s always theĀ Ā part in the old personā€™sĀ rock concert when the band, after singing several of the classic hits, says ā€œwe put out a new album last month and weā€™re gong to play a couple songs from itā€. Thatā€™s when the crowd goes to use the bathroom, gets food, more beer, etc. Pretty soon the old songs start again.Ā 

Iā€™ve always beenĀ  :whoosh: about what is conservative or Republican about the Jerusalem move also. Why is that something Republicans care about? Itā€™s almost as if Trump just plucked it out of thin air.Ā 

And as I understand it Israelā€™s foreign policy is still conducted in Tel Aviv and thatā€™s where almost all of the worldā€™s foreign policy establishment is... and we are now in another city. Itā€™s like the US deciding to move its Russian embassy to St. Petersburg all by ourselves because Lenin illegally moved the capital in 1917.
Also how is it something that ā€œmakes America greatā€?

Also how is it something that ā€œmakes America greatā€?
I agree, I don't know. Trump is constantly shifting on this. So MAG means isolationism and nationalism in foreign policy, but the US is sticking itself into the hottest of foreign controversies and putting its people at risk with that move. In fact I think part of the law that required that move also created a certification that the US would not be increasing risk to personnel in doing it and Trump never had that certification done. IIRC Trump just signed another waiver, just like every other president, because he could not do that.Ā 

It appears our thread that was created in good faith has attracted someĀ of the usual suspects that ruin other threads Ā  Ā This is an outstanding opportunity for @FBG ModeratorĀ and @Joe 8ryantĀ to round them up for the good of the order Ā Ā 
Round people up for what? Ā Posting in topic and asking legitimate questions?

Posts like this and ones telling people to go away or that they crapping in every thread bring down the discourse far more than people asking questions.

Also, you tagged the wrong Joe.

It appears our thread that was created in good faith has attracted someĀ of the usual suspects that ruin other threads Ā  Ā This is an outstanding opportunity for @FBG ModeratorĀ and @Joe 8ryantĀ to round them up for the good of the order Ā Ā 
Seriously? I have seen so many comments about this forum being a liberal echo chamber.

Sounds like you want this to be a conservative echo chamber and you are getting upset because people aren't following your orders.

Wow

I better not sy anymore or I will get banned

Last night was good. Ā It was a pep rally. Ā He focused on accomplishments, pointing out blockers of his agenda, and rallied the troops by painting a picture of what life will be like if we donā€™t keep moving forward with the MAGA movement. Ā He assured us the wall is being built despite all the Democrat opposition. Ā I think unfinished business is going to be his main theme for a while. Ā Itā€™s going to play well especially if the Dems take the impeachment course. Ā 

These rallies are Trump in his element and nobody on either side has the charisma to work a crowd like Trump. Ā 

Seriously? I have seen so many comments about this forum being a liberal echo chamber.

Sounds like you want this to be a conservative echo chamber and you are getting upset because people aren't following your orders.

Wow

I better not sy anymore or I will get banned
Not at all. Ā I would like to see ONE thread thatā€™s not ruined by the same people. Ā Itā€™s been pointed out by people from both sides of the aisle already. Ā Ā 

Thereā€™s always theĀ Ā part in the old personā€™sĀ rock concert when the band, after singing several of the classic hits, says ā€œwe put out a new album last month and weā€™re gong to play a couple songs from itā€. Thatā€™s when the crowd goes to use the bathroom, gets food, more beer, etc. Pretty soon the old songs start again.Ā 
Gulp. You just described me going to see the Stones in a couple of monthsĀ  :bag:

Last night was good. Ā It was a pep rally. Ā He focused on accomplishments, pointing out blockers of his agenda, and rallied the troops by painting a picture of what life will be like if we donā€™t keep moving forward with the MAGA movement. Ā He assured us the wall is being built despite all the Democrat opposition. Ā I think unfinished business is going to be his main theme for a while. Ā Itā€™s going to play well especially if the Dems take the impeachment course. Ā 

These rallies are Trump in his element and nobody on either side has the charisma to work a crowd like Trump. Ā 
Unfinished business is actually a pretty good strategy.Ā  I've always felt that 4 years was not enough time for any President to fully implement what they are trying to do.

Not at all. Ā I would like to see ONE thread thatā€™s not ruined by the same people. Ā Itā€™s been pointed out by people from both sides of the aisle already. Ā Ā 
So, you want this thread to be only posters of like mind and opposition posts are not allowed?

OK. Have at it.

Iā€™ll say Iā€™m happy to see an actual policy discussion but first of all itā€™s funny itĀ took Pence to enunciate that, not Trump. Secondly I see maybe 5Ā things both uniquely done by Trump and that also we could say did actually happen. Military spending, border policy, Jerusalem embassy, USSC picks, taxes.

Iā€™m not arguing about policy here, just the claims that Trump did them or that they happened.
There is a reason I choose Mike to quote.

Users who are viewing this thread