Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HairyGOATee

Who Is The Toughest Player In The NFL?

As you may guess, this isn't a fantasy related discussion, but more of a general NFL talk question. However, there are fantasy implications, as toughness likely does correlate to games played and injuries played through.

Anyway, how do you measure toughness and who do you think is the toughest player in the NFL?

Edited by HairyGOATee

Thomas Davis has to be up there. 

JJ Watt maybe. 

The real answer is probably some unheralded OT or OG who plays through constant injuries that we aren't really aware of. Every team has these types.

• Like 6

lone star has a 5th account now.

I measure toughness by:

TOU= [(quarters played * penalties per snap) - game stoppages dt injury] * (Scoville scale of their highest tolerated hot pepper + number of games won of kicking eachother in the cojones before falling over)

Nigel Gruff is the toughest player IMO. Guy has the guts to smoke on the field. Plus with that leg I doubt hes lost many cojones kicking matchups. 

Edited by Dr. Dan
  • Laughing 2
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Dan said:

Nigel Gruff is the toughest player IMO. Guy has the guts to smoke on the field. Plus with that leg I doubt hes lost many cojones kicking matchups. 

I think Nigel is more wiry than tough

6 minutes ago, TheWinz said:

I think Nigel is more wiry than tough

"however the hell you say it... weary..."

• Laughing 1

Frank Gore

The fantasy community has been trying to bury this guy for what feels like a decade now. SF drafted him in 2005 and he was on the team through 2014. Over that span the Niners themselves drafted FIVE RB's in the top 4 rounds. Gore just wouldn't go away. The league is better having him still on the field. People say that you can't use a stopwatch to measure heart at the combine and it may not apply to any player more than it applies to Gore. Or maybe he's just stubborn. Whatever it is he's been great and I only hope that we see more players like him.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

lone star has a 5th account now.. 

Tangent. Sorry....

not sure what made me look at this, since I don’t ever care about who's account is who, but I clicked on GOATee's profile name, saw in his history that he put over a dozen likes in a row in this one thread, so I clicked on the thread...it's from 2018 and almost all his likes were on lone star posts. Interesting.....

Edited by joey
  • Laughing 1

5 minutes ago, joey said:

Tangent. Sorry....

not sure what made me look at this, since I don’t ever care about who's account is who, but I clicked on GOATee's profile name, saw in his history that he put over a dozen likes in a row in this one thread, so I clicked on the thread...it's from 2018 and almost all his likes were on lone star posts. Interesting.....

He resurrected his old 2018 should a commish have nixed this trade. not surprisingly he was the only one who understood the post and agreed that his trade was fair

• Laughing 2

4 hours ago, BoltBacker said:

Frank Gore

The fantasy community has been trying to bury this guy for what feels like a decade now. SF drafted him in 2005 and he was on the team through 2014. Over that span the Niners themselves drafted FIVE RB's in the top 4 rounds. Gore just wouldn't go away. The league is better having him still on the field. People say that you can't use a stopwatch to measure heart at the combine and it may not apply to any player more than it applies to Gore. Or maybe he's just stubborn. Whatever it is he's been great and I only hope that we see more players like him.

Good pick. I like him too.

Rivers is the current leader in consecutive starts, so you gotta throw his name up there.

• Like 1

Just now, Raptors409 said:

Ndamakung Suh

Another solid pick I guess. Just dislike him since he's such a punk.

With that said, congrats on the Raptors winning it all this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HairyGOATee said:

Another solid pick I guess. Just dislike him since he's such a punk.

With that said, congrats on the Raptors winning it all this year.

I had to think about it for awhile. I looked up Suh’s career starts.

He’s only missed 2 games his entire career. 142 games played of 144 games eligible (98.6% attendance rate).

He’s started 116 games in a row. He’s as old school as it gets.

(Thanks on Raptors!)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raptors409 said:

I had to think about it for awhile. I looked up Suh’s career starts.

He’s only missed 2 games his entire career. 142 games played of 144 games eligible (98.6% attendance rate).

He’s started 116 games in a row. He’s as old school as it gets.

(Thanks on Raptors!)

Yeah, I can't hate on the pick, I can only hate on the guy's personality, behavior, and antics.

10 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

lone star has a 5th account now.

I measure toughness by:

TOU= [(quarters played * penalties per snap) - game stoppages dt injury] * (Scoville scale of their highest tolerated hot pepper + number of games won of kicking eachother in the cojones before falling over)

-5 points for trying too hard bro.

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3v8oz9

23 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

how many points for liking 10 of your own posts? bro

Doesn't seem like you can, but if you could figure out a way to do it, then prolly -10 for trying too hard, but perhaps +1, +2, or +3 for the creativity in finding a workaround.

Gotta reward ingenuity, but some things just aren't worth it.

Anyway, @Dr. Dan, if you were to pick the toughest player in the NFL, then who would it be?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_consecutive_starts_and_games_played_by_National_Football_League_players#Active_leaders

Kerrigan and Cam Jordan are other good names to add to the list. I'll admit that I don't know a whole lot about Mitchell Schwartz, but I guess he's gotta be tough to have hung around on that Browns OL for a while.

1 minute ago, Dr. Octopus said:

They’re all pretty tough. Don’t ya think?

Sure, I guess. Never really thought about that tbh. Wouldn't know who to say isn't tough, but that's not the question.  

Who's the toughest?

17 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

"however the hell you say it... weary..."

I love that quote and that scene. 

Jordan Reed.  Guy breaks every bone in his body when he wakes up in the morning, every morning, yet he still managed to play in at least one game every season.  A true warrior.

2 hours ago, wgoldsph said:

Jordan Reed.  Guy breaks every bone in his body when he wakes up in the morning, every morning, yet he still managed to play in at least one game every season.  A true warrior.

Eifert up there then too?

Raptors and Harry Goatee had quite the back and forth there.  That was fast.  Almost too fast... I wonder if those two have some sort of supernatural connection.  They are definitely not the same person. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

Raptors and Harry Goatee had quite the back and forth there.  That was fast.  Almost too fast... I wonder if those two have some sort of supernatural connection.  They are definitely not the same person. 

No. He did not like all of Raptors posts

• Like 2