What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza II: Combined FF/Music Draft - Everybody Wants to Rule the League (1 Viewer)

I will be out most of the morning and afternoon. I PM'd Rock 2 options for my next pick so as long as he is around, it shouldn't slow things down.

For my pick of Joe Flacco in the 10th round, going with, again, the year he was born, 1985. (these youngin's were born mostly in the beginning of my musical life of the late 80s and early 90s.)

Now this version of this song was not from 1985, but the song was a HUGE hit waaay back then. I now happen to like this version better.

Level 42 - Something About You (acoustic)

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost picked Justice Hill last round, but lacked the fortitude to make this a true RB year in a WR league.
Thanks for the pick. Got a short break here. I went with 4 WRs to start so it gives me some freedom to jam RBs down the stretch. And Justice Hill is a great name to pick songs from.

12.08 Devin Singletary RB Buffalo Bills

Space Oddity -  David Bowie

"Take your protein pills and put your helmet on."

Singletary wears a helmet and he's probably taken a protein pill - work with me here it's getting tough ;)

The late great Jordan Howard

I'll pick a song later
Amon Amarth - Wings of Eagles

Did somebody say Cookie Monster?  I think the Lamb of God guy does more of a Grover-on-fire kind of thing

I wanted to do a UAB dragon song for JoHo, that qualifies for my shtick,  but I couldn't find one that didn't suck.  Thank Odin for Amon Amarth.

ETA this is my THIRD EAGLE - CAW!

Last edited by a moderator:
Doug B said:
11.04: TE Austin Hooper, Atlanta Falcons

Song: "Hooper", Bill Justis (banjo) and Bent Myggen (vox)

(Yes, the film's closing credit theme song :D  )
I don't think this is on spotify :lol:  
Alternate title for the same song: "Nothin' Like the Life (of a Hollywood Stuntman)"

From what I can tell ... the soundtrack lists it as "Hooper". Lots of modern online references (e.g. youtube videos, etc.) lists it as "Nothin' Like the Life (of a Hollywood Stuntman)" or some variation thereof. The artists are rarely referenced.

Users who are viewing this thread