What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza II: Combined FF/Music Draft - Everybody Wants to Rule the League (3 Viewers)

Is there a list of who picked up what from the waivers?
Sure. Go to the "Recent Transactions" section of the league homepage and click "View All," which is in small lettering but correctly capitalized at the bottom of said "Recent Transactions" subsection of the page. You'll have to scroll down a bit. 

rockaction said:
Sure. Go to the "Recent Transactions" section of the league homepage and click "View All," which is in small lettering but correctly capitalized at the bottom of said "Recent Transactions" subsection of the page. You'll have to scroll down a bit. 
Aha.  Thank you.  I'm trying to really actually learn this stuff for the future.  I actually put Green on IR all by myself.

rockaction said:
I got the sad just reading the title and artist.  Whoa, melancholia. 

I never listened to that soundtrack. I probably should. So much music...love Otis, too. 
There’s some pretty solid stuff on there. Pray for Me with Kendrick and The Weeknd is probably my favorite.

Got home from work and worked out, did some yard work and then was getting ready for dinner with my wife. We needed some lemons for the dressing so I decide to walk to the grocery story. Despite the radar showing nothing, it starts misting pretty hard 5 minutes after I leave. I get home pretty wet but whatever. Dinner was good. I was all excited all day for TNF. Turns out U-verse doesn’t have NFL Network anymore. So I drive to the bar to watch it and I see the game is on a weather delay. This is getting annoying.

Mrs. Rannous said:
It is the babe video.  Here is the official one.

(And just what is wrong with a little moral turpitude, pray tell?)
Nothing. I'm just joking and can't believe I remember things like that. I can't for the life of me remember important and crucial texts, but that Mrs. Rannous uses the Victoria's Secret version of the Fox On The Run video?

Of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing. I'm just joking and can't believe I remember things like that. I can't for the life of me remember important and crucial texts, but that Mrs. Rannous uses the Victoria's Secret version of the Fox On The Run video?

Of course.
You aren't the only one.  I remember tons of ridiculously useless things.  (And I knew you were kidding.  I'm pretty sure a little turpitude doesn't harsh your mellow.)

I don't know, I forget now. 

Not sure if anyone gave it a thought but my songs were all by artists who played the Download Festival this year, which I was lucky enough to attend.. I'm fairly happy with how it came together and I'm going to keep trying to take bands from this pool but I've used just about all the good ones 

So for now I'm looking at a lot of reaches like these here beaches..

The Beaches - Late Show

Sorry for all the heavy #### in the master playlist!  :lmao:   More to come 

spotify playlist for team download 
Good news - I'm bailing on this theme for pickups.  Bad news - I'm going to try to at least keep it in the same vein. Heavy ####, some hair metal, some grunge in there

(nobody cares)

I'm going to repick something better for Marquise than these nobodies.  For Jake Elliott - Baroness - Jake Leg of course

Crash Diet was my favorite early G N' R permutation/bootleg, FWIW. Doesn't look like the copyright police like that one on YouTube. 

I'm going to start my 4 PM and night game players from now on, so I don't have Yahoo taunting me by putting me at 70% to win early and having it freefall all afternoon for the second week in a row. 

I'm going to start my 4 PM and night game players from now on, so I don't have Yahoo taunting me by putting me at 70% to win early and having it freefall all afternoon for the second week in a row. 
I'm beginning to think you need to get away from your admittedly good team name. Ooooof Mitchell. 

I just might add Agholor so I can start him in place of Landry.

Can u say sabotage?

I just want a rooting interest tonight. I'm like a junkie.

Del the Junkie Homosapien.

Eh, can't start him.

eta* Yasss I can

I got 0.52 from Drew Brees. My opponent got 3.00 from Big Ben.  :hot:
That's just awful all around. I had Big Ben going in my main league and was going up against the Rams DEF. Needless to say, I lost. 

Added:

Nelson Agholor - WR - Philadelphia/USC

Song - Something from Wattstax. Eddie Floyd - Knock On Wood, performed live at the L.A. Coliseum in 1972

Agholor went to USC and played there

Darren Sproles - RB - Philadelphia/K State

Song - The Get Up Kids - I'm A Loner Dottie, A Rebel

Sproles is from the same hometown, Olathe, KS, as The Get Up Kids

JJ Arcega-Whiteside - Wide Receiver - Philadelphia Eagles

Song - The Killers - Mr. Brightside

C'mon! It's close!

I'm in one of those weekly pick em things with the spread and me and two other guys were tied at 11 but they both had Philly and I had Atlanta, so that was my rooting interest tonight. If CLE covers -2.5 tomorrow I win the week and if NYJ win, I can still win on total points scored in MNF tie breaker.

I can still change my pick (I won't) and tie breaker number (I will) so I can think on that all day tomorrow and second guess after the fact. 

lol @ adding Agholor and him completely swinging the matchup when @JZilla's DJax goes down early. 
Heh. I wanted a piece of that game and maybe to defray any Wentz success, but really, I just wanted to have a reason to watch and have a positive rooting interest in what would have been an otherwise interminable root-against-the-guys-instead-of-for-them SNF game.

In all seriousness, I don't like rooting against players to succeed. I won a league the year Tyler Lockett broke his leg and was ruled down at the one in Wk 16. My opponent had Lockett. I knew that meant I'd likely win.

I felt like vomiting. For real. I won. It's still in my memory, bittersweet. 

In all seriousness, I don't like rooting against players to succeed. I won a league the year Tyler Lockett broke his leg and was ruled down at the one in Wk 16. My opponent had Lockett. I knew that meant I'd likely win.

I felt like vomiting. For real. I won. It's still in my memory, bittersweet. 
Yep.  I never root against a player.  I generally hope they have a good game, and my dudes have a fantastic time.  My quarterback is doing great.

Added for a brief tiime, admittedly, but the song and sample are dope and I finally made myself find out the song I've always been looking for, which got that goin' for it:

Player - Trevor Siemian - NY Jets - QB

Song - Joey Bada$$ - Paper Trail$

because he was drafted in 2015, when this song came out. Album release is listed as Jan. 20, 2015. 2015 was a sick year for hip hop. 

or, because nobody else is going to be from Danbury, CT, but Siemian

Song - Youth Of Today - Disengage

(I'll add the song from Bada$$ to the mix and the others from last night if my adds are working and if people are seeing them on the master list - I can't tell if that's a local thing with my account or if the master list reflects the additions. Let me know if you can see the last ones. My real name is there. Oops, I'm outed. Please respect that. But y'all knew that.)

Users who are viewing this thread