What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Live Draft Gone Bad (4 Viewers)

Here are the main guys that are not rostered. Basically, the Top 60 RBs are already gone.

Gus Edwards BAL
Damarea Crockett HOU
Corey Clement PHI
Alfred Blue JAC
Doug Martin OAK
Rex Burkhead NE
C.J. Prosise SEA
Kyle Juszczyk SF
Wayne Gallman NYG
Darius Jackson DAL
Andre Ellington TB
Zach Zenner DET
Alfred Morris DAL
Jordan Scarlett CAR
Dwayne Washington NO
Theo Riddick DEN
Dontrell Hilliard CLE
Devontae Booker DEN
Jordan Wilkins IND
Darren Sproles PHI
T.J. Yeldon BUF
Mike Boone MIN
Dexter Williams GB
Benny Snell PIT
Kenneth Dixon BAL
Elijah McGuire NYJ
Trayveon Williams CIN
Myles Gaskin MIA
Spencer Ware IND
Raheem Mostert SF
Kenjon Barner ATL
Patrick DiMarco BUF
Alex Armah CAR
Brandon Bolden NE
Paul Perkins NYG
Rod Smith NYG
James Develin NE
Darrel Williams KC
Jamize Olawale DAL
Wendall Smallwood ATL
Josh Adams PHI
Jacquizz Rodgers NO
Bilal Powell NYJ
Kenneth Dixon BAL
Trenton Cannon NYJ
Jeff Wilson SF
James Develin NE

I'd have my finger on the Hilliard button if something happens to Chubb.

I'd have my finger on the Hilliard button if something happens to Chubb.
Hilliard is also probably the best bet on that list to get 10 fantasy points per game even with a healthy Chubb.  Chubb isn't a good receiver or good at pass protection.  Hilliard getting 30%-40% of snaps with 3-5 receptions per game is realistic.

Hilliard is also probably the best bet on that list to get 10 fantasy points per game even with a healthy Chubb.  Chubb isn't a good receiver or good at pass protection.  Hilliard getting 30%-40% of snaps with 3-5 receptions per game is realistic.
He got dinged yesterday in a joint practice with the Colts. I think it was a leg injury. Not sure how serious.

Here are the main guys that are not rostered. Basically, the Top 60 RBs are already gone.
My choices to keep an eye on are: 

Dontrell Hilliard CLE (possible pick up now if you just need something/anything on a weekly basis)
Darren Sproles PHI  (speed dial only for now, but in .5 ppr, can the ancient one surprise and give you 8-12/week?)

Dexter Williams GB (for now, speed dial only should there be an iinjury)
Benny Snell PIT (for now, speed dial only should there be an iinjury)
Darrel Williams KC (speed dial only should there be an iinjury and even then only if there is evidence that he has gained on Hyde)
Rex Burkhead NE (speed dial only should there be an iinjury)
Jordan Wilkins IND (speed dial only should there be an iinjury and assuming he recovers from his own foot injury and stays in front of Foreman)

As others have said, the team has potential even with the obvious void at RB. The situation sucks but I think I'd play this year, work the WW and try and deal sone assets to make the team a contender and sell it next year, I think that's a feasible probability.

As others have said, the team has potential even with the obvious void at RB. The situation sucks but I think I'd play this year, work the WW and try and deal sone assets to make the team a contender and sell it next year, I think that's a feasible probability.
He won't have to sell it next year - that will be the job of the commish.  He can simply walk away.

He won't have to sell it next year - that will be the job of the commish.  He can simply walk away.
If he just walks away I'll be disappointed.. drag your feet, say you will pay the day of, then ghost them.

Don't call, don't text or email... just don't draft and then refuse to pay.

Was offered RB Kenyan Drake and WR Robert Woods for WR Mike Evans. Thoughts?
Absolutely not...though I'm extremely bullish on Evans this year.  Just not a fan of 2-1 deals in which I'm giving away the best guy in the deal.  I think you can do better than Drake just be patient.

I would have Damarea Crockett on speed dial if anything were to happen to Lamar Miller and I’d consider picking him up even without an injury to Miller.

For the owner of Andrew Luck, does he have a decent backup?
Nope. The Luck owner doesn't have another QB on his roster. He also has Elliott to worry about. But Cousins is sitting on the waiver wire.

Here's the QB situation for each team  . . .

- Rodgers
- Luck
- Mayfield
- Watson, Murray
- Winston, Wentz, Prescott
- Roethlisberger
- Brees, Jackson
- Trubisky
- Brady, Newton
- Ryan, Rivers
- Goff

We've asked around. Most teams like what they have at QB. Not a lot of trade discussions going on, and anyone that talks to us knows we are pretty desperate. No one has any interest in Wilson. There's been some interest in Mahomes, but mostly low ball offers. I thought about claiming Cousins, but it would only be to block someone else from picking him up. Worst case for people with QB issues is they just claim an NFL starter off of waivers (there's 13 of them as free agents). Teams know we can't pick up anyone off of waivers at the moment to play at RB, so they expect us to take 40 or 50 cents on the dollar for our top tier players.

Nope. The Luck owner doesn't have another QB on his roster. He also has Elliott to worry about. But Cousins is sitting on the waiver wire.

Here's the QB situation for each team  . . .

- Rodgers
- Luck
- Mayfield
- Watson, Murray
- Winston, Wentz, Prescott
- Roethlisberger
- Brees, Jackson
- Trubisky
- Brady, Newton
- Ryan, Rivers
- Goff

We've asked around. Most teams like what they have at QB. Not a lot of trade discussions going on, and anyone that talks to us knows we are pretty desperate. No one has any interest in Wilson. There's been some interest in Mahomes, but mostly low ball offers. I thought about claiming Cousins, but it would only be to block someone else from picking him up. Worst case for people with QB issues is they just claim an NFL starter off of waivers (there's 13 of them as free agents). Teams know we can't pick up anyone off of waivers at the moment to play at RB, so they expect us to take 40 or 50 cents on the dollar for our top tier players.
Have you considered making Zeke your problem to worry about?  Perhaps Mahomes and Evans for Zeke?

Have you considered making Zeke your problem to worry about?  Perhaps Mahomes and Evans for Zeke?
Our team actually had Zeke last year . . . my son traded Zeke, Robby Anderson, and Gronk for Hopkins, Evans, and Diggs. I doubt the team would make the deal you suggest as it would end up being a lot weaker at RB and already has a lot of decent receivers. And the guy loves Luck (as in more than Mahomes). Could always mention it as an option . . .

Ugh. My son is getting antsy. Gordon unlikely to play Week 1, so we need 2 running backs. He is considering trading Evans for Phillip Lindsay. I told him you don't trade a Top 15-20 pick for a Top 50-60 player and to be patient and see what happens.

That would be gross and a severe over reaction.  It’s way too early for that kind of panic move.  (Not that a panic move is very often the right move...)

I'd ask for money back and if somehow you win the league state you won't take the $. Just will do this for the fun of it.

I'd ask for money back and if somehow you win the league state you won't take the $. Just will do this for the fun of it.
In case it wasn't clear, at this point there is a 0% chance of getting any money back. That request has been shot down multiple times. I suppose there might be a non zero chance if our team got obliterated and went 0-14 and then people suddenly realized just how unfair things were. But I wouldn't put a lot of stock in that happening.

I think the likes of Ty Mont is going to get you enough points that there's no need to panic. They're not going to run Gurley into the ground, trot Brown out there and see how they use him. The points that your WRs get you should make up the difference. How much would it piss them off if you beat them with two backup RBs?

Gus Edwards BAL Damarea Crockett HOU Corey Clement PHI Alfred Blue JAC Doug Martin OAK Rex Burkhead NE C.J. Prosise SEA Kyle Juszczyk SF Wayne Gallman NYG Darius Jackson DAL Andre Ellington TB Zach Zenner DET Alfred Morris DAL Jordan Scarlett CAR Dwayne Washington NO Theo Riddick DEN Dontrell Hilliard CLE Devontae Booker DEN Jordan Wilkins IND Darren Sproles PHI T.J. Yeldon BUF Mike Boone MIN Dexter Williams GB Benny Snell PIT Kenneth Dixon BAL Elijah McGuire NYJ Trayveon Williams CIN Myles Gaskin MIA Spencer Ware IND Raheem Mostert SF Kenjon Barner ATL Patrick DiMarco BUF Alex Armah CAR Brandon Bolden NE Paul Perkins NYG Rod Smith NYG James Develin NE Darrel Williams KC Jamize Olawale DAL Wendall Smallwood ATL Josh Adams PHI Jacquizz Rodgers NO Bilal Powell NYJ Kenneth Dixon BAL Trenton Cannon NYJ Jeff Wilson SF James Develin NE

*******Sorry about the weird paste job but I would absolutely roster the bolded. Hilliard would be my top choice. Blue is being overlooked. I really think you guys have an elite starting lineup that should be favored before bye weeks. You need an RB3(and 4) but it will come. Don't sell your studs cheap because you think you must have another starter *right now*. These guys in this league are gonna be deuches when it comes to lowballing you. Keep looking for deals but hold your ground. Good luck.

Is this still your full team going into week 1?

QB - Patrick Mahomes vs JAX
QB - Russell Wilson vs CIN
RB - Melvin Gordon vs IND
RB - Darrell Henderson vs CAR
RB - Malcolm Brown vs CAR
RB - Cameron Artis-Payne vs LAR
RB - Jay Ajayi vs ??
RB - Ty Montgomery vs BUF
WR - DeAndre Hopkins vs NO
WR - Odell Beckham vs TEN
WR - Mike Evans vs SF 
WR - Devin Funchess vs LAC
TE - Eric Ebron vs LAC
TE - Austin Hooper vs MIN
PK - Greg Zuerlein vs CAR
DEF - Chicago Bears vs GB
DEF - Minnesota Vikings vs ATL

And the starting requirements are 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, and 1 D?

Is this still your full team going into week 1?

QB - Patrick Mahomes vs JAX
QB - Russell Wilson vs CIN
RB - Melvin Gordon vs IND
RB - Darrell Henderson vs CAR
RB - Malcolm Brown vs CAR
RB - Cameron Artis-Payne vs LAR
RB - Jay Ajayi vs ??
RB - Ty Montgomery vs BUF
WR - DeAndre Hopkins vs NO
WR - Odell Beckham vs TEN
WR - Mike Evans vs SF 
WR - Devin Funchess vs LAC
TE - Eric Ebron vs LAC
TE - Austin Hooper vs MIN
PK - Greg Zuerlein vs CAR
DEF - Chicago Bears vs GB
DEF - Minnesota Vikings vs ATL

And the starting requirements are 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, and 1 D?
I told my son to drop the Vikings D for Dontrell Hilliard. But he dropped Montgomery instead. I doubt anyone will claim Montgomery, so we can probably pick him up again once he clears waivers. So swap out Hilliard vs TEN for Montgomery. But the rest is accurate. 

I told my son to drop the Vikings D for Dontrell Hilliard. But he dropped Montgomery instead. I doubt anyone will claim Montgomery, so we can probably pick him up again once he clears waivers. So swap out Hilliard vs TEN for Montgomery. But the rest is accurate. 
2 questions

- how soon will Montgomery clear waivers?

- can you post the entire roster for the Kelce owner?

Gus Edwards BAL

*******Sorry about the weird paste job but I would absolutely roster the bolded. Hilliard would be my top choice. Blue is being overlooked.
Unless I've missed some late injury news, Gus Edwards is worth a shot as well, though it appears you favor K. Dixon in that backfield.

Point being -- Mark Ingram is one to get nicked up, and he's not some kind of freak of a bellcow that won't give up touches to other backs even when healthy.

Anarchy ... someone has Vikings RB Alexander Mattison rostered?

Saints RB Dwayne Washington will be FF-startable in the event of an injury to either L. Murray or A. Kamara.

2 questions

- how soon will Montgomery clear waivers?

- can you post the entire roster for the Kelce owner?
At some point tomorrow (I believe it's 48 hours from the time he was dropped).

Drew Brees, Lamar Jackson
Christian McCaffery, DeVonta Freeman,  Philip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, CJ Anderson, Justin Jackson, Frank Gore
Stefon Diggs, Sterling Shephard, James Washington, N'Keal Harry, Mohamed Sanu
Travis Kelce
Stephen Gostkowski
Philadelphia Eagles

Anarchy ... someone has Vikings RB Alexander Mattison rostered?

Saints RB Dwayne Washington will be FF-startable in the event of an injury to either L. Murray or A. Kamara.
Mattison is rostered. Washington is not.
That's part of the challenge . . . a lot of players might get a bump if someone got hurt, but you can't roster every third stringer from every team.

There's a lot of talk that Bell will be eased into the offense to start the season and Gase absolutely loves  Montgomery. Montgomery will not win you the week but could get 8-10 points in .5 ppr.

Anarchy99 said:
Ugh. My son is getting antsy. Gordon unlikely to play Week 1, so we need 2 running backs. He is considering trading Evans for Phillip Lindsay. I told him you don't trade a Top 15-20 pick for a Top 50-60 player and to be patient and see what happens.
You're already behind the 8-ball. This would end any chance you have to win.

At some point tomorrow (I believe it's 48 hours from the time he was dropped).

Drew Brees, Lamar Jackson
Christian McCaffery, DeVonta Freeman,  Philip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, CJ Anderson, Justin Jackson, Frank Gore
Stefon Diggs, Sterling Shephard, James Washington, N'Keal Harry, Mohamed Sanu
Travis Kelce
Stephen Gostkowski
Philadelphia Eagles
Great news that you can pick Ty Montgomery up again that quickly.  You never know what kind of shape Leveon will be in to start the season, both physically and mentally.

The reason I wanted to see the Kelce roster was a possible trade.  He is very weak at WR, especially after Diggs.  I would start by offering Mike Evans and his choice of TE for Travis Kelce and whatever RB you think you can get from him.  Hopefully, he doesn't just decline and ignore.  The goal is to get him looking at his crappy WR corps and starting a dialogue with you.  If/when he turns that down, bump it up to Evans and both TE's for Kelce and the best RB he is willing to part with.  If/when he turns that down, move up to OBJ and choice of TE's for Kelce & best RB you can.  If/when he turns that down, OBJ & both TE's for Kelce & best RB you can.  Trading either OBJ or Evans removes their week 7 bye conflict.  Hell, you could even do a QB swap as part of the deal, if he likes Wilson better than Brees or Jackson.  Your ultimate goal here is to become so studly at each position, you only need to roster 1 each at QB, TE, K, and D, allowing you to stockpile hopeful RB's.  If you can have the Mahomes/Kelce combo, you wouldn't have to worry about rostering a backup for them until week 12.  Ironically, OBJ & Kelce are currently ranked right next to each other on the consensus ADP.  As for Russell Wilson, even though you don't need him, I wouldn't simply drop him for a hopeful RB.  I would continue holding while looking to add him as sweetener in a trade.

Anarchy99 said:
Do not do that!  Save your son from himself.  You can start Montgomery and either Brown, Henderson, or Hilliard.

That's part of the challenge . . . a lot of players might get a bump if someone got hurt, but you can't roster every third stringer from every team.
You're right. Well, at least the name's on your radar.

EDIT: I should have added, though, that Washington is second string. In essence, he's backing up two players.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an owner miss the draft and his team was selected according to ADP. He wants advice on how to make his team better. Should he post here or start his own thread?

You're right. Well, at least the name's on your radar.
The other issue will be that once the regular season starts, the league uses a waiver claim process. Every time you claim a player in the waiver claim process, your team then goes to the end of the waiver claim queue. So if a name RB got hurt in a game, the team with the #1 waiver claim gets first chance to pick him up. Bottom line, the odds aren't great on being able to swoop in and snag someone due to an injury. There is a FCFS waiver period to pick up anyone you want later in the week, but hot commodities will never make it that far.

I had an owner miss the draft and his team was selected according to ADP. He wants advice on how to make his team better. Should he post here or start his own thread?
I don't mind if it gets added in here. I wasn't really planning on getting ongoing opinions on our team . . . people just sort of dove in. Have him/her post the roster and concerns / questions here.

Did you pick Montgomery back up yet?
Yes. Current roster:

Mahomes, Wilson
Gordon, Henderson, Brown, Montgomery, Hilliard, Artis-Payne, Ajayi
Hopkins, Evans, OBJ, Funchess
Ebron, Hooper
Zeurlein
Bears

Other options on waiver wire at RB: Blue, Edwards, Crockett. Other fee agents at other positions: Cousins, Tate, Crowder, Hamilton, Chark.

Yes. Current roster:

Mahomes, Wilson
Gordon, Henderson, Brown, Montgomery, Hilliard, Artis-Payne, Ajayi
Hopkins, Evans, OBJ, Funchess
Ebron, Hooper
Zeurlein
Bears

Other options on waiver wire at RB: Blue, Edwards, Crockett. Other fee agents at other positions: Cousins, Tate, Crowder, Hamilton, Chark.
I'd stay put with this and see how the season starts. Don't you guys make panic moves, let the other guys panic, especially if you start 2-2 or 3-1. This team could very easily get you into the playoffs. If Gordon comes back halfway through the season (not sure he has any incentive to do so) you're golden.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread