What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 2 Questions For Bloom (1 Viewer)

BLOOM! 

PPR, rank these ROS bench/depth stashes por favor

Mattison 1

Hunt  5

Henderson  4

AJBrown 2

Preston 8

Higgins 6

Boykin 7

Tate 3

Also, PPR would you trade Malcolm Brown for Melvin Gordon? Brown is my RB6 behind Chubb, Kerryon, Ekeler, Breida and Singletary. no

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU THIS WEEK!!!

Mr. Peterson said:
Hey Bloom.  

Love your Offensive upgrades each week and I use it to gauge how much I should invest in free agents.  

Melvin Gordon was recently dropped in a 12 man, non-ppr league with short benches. 

How much percentage wise would you bid on Melvin Gordon assuming he’s out there?  

Thank you very much. 
10-20

Pknight37 said:
Are you REALLY starting Scary Terry over Diggs in PPR leagues (as your rankings suggest)? I get that Diggs didn’t get much opportunity last week, but that seems like a pretty aggressive decision given only one week of data.
i expect the MIN-GB to be low scoring and diggs was already a little dinged. Mclaurin could have easily had two scores last week and i expect garbage time. i wont talk you out of diggs over mclaurin but if you look at the last 3 games of 2018 it doesnt seem so aggressive

Good morning. 

PPR  

Kerryon Johnson or Devin Singletary?

And is it close between the two?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rileyrott said:
Hey Sig!

(1 pt PPR)

Really want to pick-up Scary Terry ROS (though I'm worried about Keenum at QB)

To do so, I have to drop one of Fitz, John Brown, Lockett or Diggs. (Nuk=WR1)

(Just picked-up John Brown...Diggs in the Kubiak Min offense looks meh...Fitz looks good now, but sustainable ROS?...Lockett in run-first offense this year)

Yes or No...if yes...who?

Also: 2 QB's ROS: Big Ben, Goff, Rivers, Allen, Stafford (Currently have Ben & Goff)

Thanks!
no. im fine w ben/goff, but open to change if they dont come thru at home this week

Captain Hook said:
TIA for doing these Sig 

league 1 -  Cobb or Crowder (no Darnold) for Flex?

league 2 -  Amendola or Travis Benjamin to add in case Head Case Brown not playing Sunday?

Scrapps said:
Mr. Bloom, who do you prefer ROS?  Josh Allen or Dalton? 

While Dalton has been almost an annual disappointment, the new staff and scheme, give me reason for optimism.  Looked very good week 1, on the road.  And AJG, should be back in a few weeks.  There any validity to this?  Or, am I merely, being glass half full?  I would greatly appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks again
i think thats a fair take, esp if passing yards/tds are inflated at all. allen will be more up and down and was down down down before mosley inj

xenon said:
˙Hello and Thank You.

League #1 PPR:

QB - Goff or Wilson (4 PTS passing TD, 6 PTS rushing TD, 1PT/25 yds passing & bonus @ 300 yds) - (leaning Goff)

(RB pick 2) -  Mack, Jones, Lindsay, Mostert (6 PTS TD, 1PT/10 yds passing and receiving @ bonus @ 100 for both passing or receiving)

(FLEX pick 1) - Any RB from above not starting or DeDe Westbrook or Terry McLauren

For context starting Deandre Hopkins, started Michael Evans, BALT Def and Waller @ TE

League #2 PPR:

(WR pick 2) - Devante, JuJu, Keenan, McLauren, Sutton

(TE pick 1) - Njoku or Waller 

(RB pick 2) - Mack, Michel or Chris Thompson (leaning Thompson &.....)

(FLEX pick 1) - Any of the above not selected to start

*scoring same as above 

**for league 2 would you drop Royce Freeman for Mostert?
yes on mostert over freeman

assuming davante adams for tm 2

theToes said:
trade advice for 12 team ppr redraft

current roster  start qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, k, def

Ryan, Winston

Bell, Kerryon, Ekeler, Michel

Julio, Antonio, AJ Green, John Ross, Desean Jackson

Jared Cook, Henry

offered the following

McCaffery, Ty Montgomery, Robby Anderson

for

Bell, Ekeler, Green

I'd love to get McCaffery but I feel like I am giving too much away.  I was thinking of asking for Golladay and Royce Freeman instead of Montgomery and Anderson.

Thoughts?
too much yes, golladay helps make it closer, might still want a little more

Captain Crunk said:
Morning Sig! 

.5 PPR I spent a couple dollars on Ronald Jones....keep him or drop for Anthony Miller or Corey Davis?  Just bench depth for both positions.

Cooks, Boyd, and Breida - need 2.

Packers, Titans or Broncos for D.  

Mitch, Ben ( just dropped) or Josh Allen  as backup to Goff?  They have good match ups for Goff's bye and tougher games where I would switch. (ok with ben too)

TIA!
drop Rj for someone else depending on wk 2 results

Last edited by a moderator:
kyoun1e said:
Panicked OJ Howard owner questions.

First, would you sell low on Howard due to Arians lack of use of TE and/or Winstin's in ability to target him? Yes or No.

Second, which of these guys would you target on the wire for a plan B:

* D. Goedert

* V. Davis (J. Reed out again, but could be back next week).

* N. Fant

* CJ Uzomah & T. Eifert

Third question, would you drop any of J. Goff, J. Hill, R. Burkhead, AP, J. Jackson, or C. Davis for any of the above TEs?

I have L. Jackson at QB and could just stream if needed although Goff and Jackson's schedule work well together. At RB/WR I have S. Barkley, K. Williams, Ekeler, M. Sanders, K. Allen, T. Lockett.

Thanks!
hold oj

drop davis if he doesnt do anything

JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo said:
Hi Bloom: Need help at flex for this week

John Brown or Michael Gallup or David Montgomery

Score format: 1 point per every 10 yards, 6 points per TD, 1 point bonus for 100, 150 and 200 yards, 0.5 PPR

Thanks again for your insight!

Hi Bloom, 

I’m trying to pick my 2nd flex in FBG. Rest of my lineup is pretty solid (Kamara, Ekeler, Watkins, Woods, Moore, Engram)

Which one would you pick as flex:

- Mixon (if he plays), Kerryon, Metcalf, MVS, or Ross

and which QB

- Cousins, Brissett, or Mariota

Hey Sig!

Need some help. Evans and CMC underperformed and now I’m projected to lose by 11.

Pick 2;

Lockett vs PIT

Edelman vs MIA

Gordon vs MIA

Brown vs NYG

Fitzgerald vs BAL

McLaurin vs DAL

Pick 1;

Hockenson vs LAC

Waller vs KC

Pick 1; 

Jones vs MIN

Montgomery vs DEN

Singletary vs NYG

Thanks in advance!

10 team ppr. Had cmc playing so I’m not favored to win.

Pick 2: Kupp, Lockett, T Williams or Dede Westbrook?

FYI I’m also starting Carson which had me thinking about someone other than Lockett.

TE(pick 1): Hooper or Hockenson

Note i could start the other TE over the wrs above. 

10 team no ppr.

Pick 1:  John Ross or M Valdes scantling?

thanks.  And hope things are better on the family front. 
thanks!

Hi Sigmund,

Standard scoring, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1TE, 1 flex.  Start 3 of these RBs:

Carson

Freeman

Ekeler

Burkhead

I'm leaning towards Carson, Ekeler, and Burk with Harris out and the dolphins being as terrible as they are.

Agreed?

Thanks, as always, Bloom -- hope you and your loved ones are fine as I know you had to attend a funeral (?) last weekend. Friends and family are always more important than football.

I've seen your rankings, so I think I know how you will lean, but in a 14-team 2/3 point PPR, who would you flex:

Burkhead (fantastic matchup and gamescript, highly unpredictable usage in that backfield)

Metcalf (favorable matchup, Lockett playing but back problems, run-first team and also own Carson so potential to overindex to one offense)

Mostert (will have a role, though hard to know distribution or how he'll fare in the passing game, Bengals looked sound if not fantastic last weekend).

I want to play Mostert only because he'll likely be wire fodder soon with Coleman returning, but not a real rational approach. I am worried about leaning too heavily on SEA offense in one matchup, but not as worried as the usage script flipping on Burkhead as you never really can tell how Bill will use his backs.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
grandma has been fighting cancer so we wanted to pay her a visit in ABQ

go metcalf. steelers D will lose track of him at least once

0.5 ppr. 12 team. Up against Evans and McCaffrey Who both had crap games, So  looking for a high floor. Pick 3 out of these:

burkhead (i am already starting Sony) Harris is inactive as well as bolden  I’m thinking burk is a must start

mclaurin

dede

Malcolm brown

kenny g

James White vs. Malcolm Brown vs Lat Murray

I feel like this isn't a game script for James White especially if AB plays. Not really much of a need for check downs with how bad the Dolphins are. I would love to play Murray here but Taysom Hill vulture terrifies me.  Brown is all dependent on how Gurley fares.

Who do I drop? I need to pick up a K for this week. 0.5 PPR and start 2 RB and a flex. 

Tony Pollard or Adrian Peterson 

RB's on roster: Connor, Chubb, Breida, Samuel, Chris Thompson, Barber. (and Pollard and Peterson) - I do not own Elliot.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread