What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 2 Questions For Bloom (2 Viewers)

PPR

- Start 1: Duke vs Jax or 4nett at Hou

- Start 1: Ridley vs Phil, Fuller va Jax, TY Hilton at Tn or Josh Gordon at Mia

-Start 1: Cook at LAR or TJ Hock vs LAC

- (bench depth) drop Will Fuller and/or Josh Gordon to add John Brown, Terry McLaurin, C.Sutton, Gallup or M.Hardman?

- (bench depth) drop Duke for Kareem Hunt, Malcolm Brown or AP?

- ROS - TJ Hock, Jared Cook, Greg Olsen or Waller  ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I Two questions:

A WDIS in flex: D-Jax, Damian Williams or A-Rob, in a non-PPR? I need to make up the OJ goose egg last night!

2nd, would you drop Cousins (backup QB) or Justice Hill for Jordan Howard or Rex Burkhead. This is for RB depth.

Best preemptive pick up for D next week? Ten,   Cin, Car, Den or Buf?

Hi I have a more general question for you: most weeks your “second opinion” rankings are quite different from the “official” rankings here. How are they calculated differently? Is there a different emphasis? And what are the success rates vs the official rankings? Thank you. 

.5PPR redraft, rank these 3 RB's ROS please...

Alexander Mattison - built to carry a load and a Dalvin Cook injury away from studville

Damien Harris - highest drafted of the 3, very busy backfield, also built to shoulder a hefty load

Darwin Thompson - took a hit with the LeSean McCoy signing, most hyped of the 3 in the preseason

Happy week 2 Sig -

Flex 2 of MVS, Malcom Brown, Keke, J Jax or Rex

1/2 ppr

Thanks!

Need to start 3 of these 4 players in a .5 PPR league: 

Marlon Mack at Tennessee

Devonta Freeman vs Philly

Sony Michel at Miami

Tyler Lockett at Pitt

leaning towards sitting Freeman, but could also see sitting Mack as Tennessee is good against the run.  Thanks 

Got word today that Andrews was on the injury report; he looks to be fine, but prompts my slight worry about him being my sole TE. 

the owner who has Hockenson also has Njoku and the owner of Waller also has Kittle. Both might be willing to deal. 

What would be a fair offer for either Hock or Waller?

Roster below (3yr keeper league), but was thinking Tyrell Williams (16th rd keeper) or Mecalf (9th rd keeper), but not sure if that's too much/little. 

• QB: Watson
  • RB: Kamara, Chubb, Ekeler, Montgomery, Pollard, Darwin Thompson, Mattison
  • WR: Nuk, Evans, Watkins, J. Gordon, DK Metcalf, Tyrell WIlliams
  • TE: M. Andrews
  • K: Butker
  • DST: NO
Thanks in advance

RB needy team. Non-ppr. Rex Burkhead and Darrell Henderson are available. Would you drop Mostert, McLaurin, Damien Harris, or Justice Hill for either of them?

1.   best RB stash? looking for a guy who can be good if injury forced them in to a more prominent role

Hines

CJA

mike davis

gus edwards

chase edmonds

ty montgomery

darrell henderson (i already have 2 rams RB's on my roster)

Armstead

D Harris

Gallman

2. I have watson, brady, and big ben... no one is remotely interested in trading for any of the qbs. Would you roster the 2nd best RB stash on this list over Big Ben? I need help at RB (gurley, michel, m. brown,  ballage, gordon)

BLOOM! 

PPR, rank these ROS bench/depth stashes por favor

Mattison

Hunt 

Henderson 

AJBrown

Preston

Higgins

Boykin

Tate

Also, PPR would you trade Malcolm Brown for Melvin Gordon? Brown is my RB6 behind Chubb, Kerryon, Ekeler, Breida and Singletary. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU THIS WEEK!!!

Hi Sig, thanks for your help. Standard, non-ppr

need two RBs from Cook, Ekeler, Bell, Carson, M Brown

need two WRs from Lockett, Boyd, Metcalf, AJ Brown

cheers!

Hey Bloom.  

Love your Offensive upgrades each week and I use it to gauge how much I should invest in free agents.  

Melvin Gordon was recently dropped in a 12 man, non-ppr league with short benches. 

How much percentage wise would you bid on Melvin Gordon assuming he’s out there?  

Thank you very much. 

Are you REALLY starting Scary Terry over Diggs in PPR leagues (as your rankings suggest)? I get that Diggs didn’t get much opportunity last week, but that seems like a pretty aggressive decision given only one week of data.

Hey Sig!

(1 pt PPR)

Really want to pick-up Scary Terry ROS (though I'm worried about Keenum at QB)

To do so, I have to drop one of Fitz, John Brown, Lockett or Diggs. (Nuk=WR1)

(Just picked-up John Brown...Diggs in the Kubiak Min offense looks meh...Fitz looks good now, but sustainable ROS?...Lockett in run-first offense this year)

Yes or No...if yes...who?

Also: 2 QB's ROS: Big Ben, Goff, Rivers, Allen, Stafford (Currently have Ben & Goff)

Thanks!

TIA for doing these Sig 

league 1 -  Cobb or Crowder (no Darnold) for Flex?

league 2 -  Amendola or Travis Benjamin to add in case Head Case Brown not playing Sunday?

Mr. Bloom, who do you prefer ROS?  Josh Allen or Dalton? 

While Dalton has been almost an annual disappointment, the new staff and scheme, give me reason for optimism.  Looked very good week 1, on the road.  And AJG, should be back in a few weeks.  There any validity to this?  Or, am I merely, being glass half full?  I would greatly appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks again

˙Hello and Thank You.

League #1 PPR:

QB - Goff or Wilson (4 PTS passing TD, 6 PTS rushing TD, 1PT/25 yds passing & bonus @ 300 yds) - (leaning Goff)

(RB pick 2) -  Mack, Jones, Lindsay, Mostert (6 PTS TD, 1PT/10 yds passing and receiving @ bonus @ 100 for both passing or receiving)

(FLEX pick 1) - Any RB from above not starting or DeDe Westbrook or Terry McLauren

For context starting Deandre Hopkins, started Michael Evans, BALT Def and Waller @ TE

League #2 PPR:

(WR pick 2) - Devante, JuJu, Keenan, McLauren, Sutton

(TE pick 1) - Njoku or Waller 

(RB pick 2) - Mack, Michel or Chris Thompson (leaning Thompson &.....)

(FLEX pick 1) - Any of the above not selected to start

*scoring same as above 

**for league 2 would you drop Royce Freeman for Mostert?

trade advice for 12 team ppr redraft

current roster  start qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, k, def

Ryan, Winston

Bell, Kerryon, Ekeler, Michel

Julio, Antonio, AJ Green, John Ross, Desean Jackson

Jared Cook, Henry

offered the following

McCaffery, Ty Montgomery, Robby Anderson

for

Bell, Ekeler, Green

I'd love to get McCaffery but I feel like I am giving too much away.  I was thinking of asking for Golladay and Royce Freeman instead of Montgomery and Anderson.

Thoughts?

Morning Sig! 

.5 PPR I spent a couple dollars on Ronald Jones....keep him or drop for Anthony Miller or Corey Davis?  Just bench depth for both positions.

Cooks, Boyd, and Breida - need 2.

Packers, Titans or Broncos for D.  

Mitch, Ben ( just dropped) or Josh Allen  as backup to Goff?  They have good match ups for Goff's bye and tougher games where I would switch.

TIA!

Panicked OJ Howard owner questions.

First, would you sell low on Howard due to Arians lack of use of TE and/or Winstin's in ability to target him? Yes or No.

Second, which of these guys would you target on the wire for a plan B:

* D. Goedert

* V. Davis (J. Reed out again, but could be back next week).

* N. Fant

* CJ Uzomah & T. Eifert

Third question, would you drop any of J. Goff, J. Hill, R. Burkhead, AP, J. Jackson, or C. Davis for any of the above TEs?

I have L. Jackson at QB and could just stream if needed although Goff and Jackson's schedule work well together. At RB/WR I have S. Barkley, K. Williams, Ekeler, M. Sanders, K. Allen, T. Lockett.

Thanks!

Hi Bloom: Need help at flex for this week

John Brown or Michael Gallup or David Montgomery

Score format: 1 point per every 10 yards, 6 points per TD, 1 point bonus for 100, 150 and 200 yards, 0.5 PPR

Thanks again for your insight!

Hi Bloom, 

I’m trying to pick my 2nd flex in FBG. Rest of my lineup is pretty solid (Kamara, Ekeler, Watkins, Woods, Moore, Engram)

Which one would you pick as flex:

- Mixon (if he plays), Kerryon, Metcalf, MVS, or Ross

and which QB

- Cousins, Brissett, or Mariota

Hey Sig!

Need some help. Evans and CMC underperformed and now I’m projected to lose by 11.

Pick 2;

Lockett vs PIT

Edelman vs MIA

Gordon vs MIA

Brown vs NYG

Fitzgerald vs BAL

McLaurin vs DAL

Pick 1;

Hockenson vs LAC

Waller vs KC

Pick 1; 

Jones vs MIN

Montgomery vs DEN

Singletary vs NYG

Thanks in advance!

Hey Sig... in a Superflex league, I have Wentz, Trubisky, Dalton & now Darnold on my IR slot (just picked him up after somebody dropped). I had the highest point total last week so don’t need help anywhere, but can use RB depth (backups are Hyde & Mostert). 

Should I try to sell high on Dalton or sell low on Trubisky? Or wait and see? 

Thanks Sig!
wait and see. green coming back for dalton and easier matchups/less rust coming for mitch

Just starting a rebuild of a team in  a shorter bench contract/dynasty where I am hurting at RB.  Would you drop Sternberger or Darwin to pickup fill in types (ADP, Mostert)?

Trying to balance longer term prospects with current starting lineups but I'm less convinced today than last month that either or both of them are future starters for my team.

Start QB/RB/2WR/TE/Flex
QB:
 B. Mayfield, B. Roethlisberger,
RB: D. Williams, T. Coleman, M. Brown, R. Penny, D. Thompson (R)
WR: O. Beckham, T. Lockett, M. Valdes-Scantling, C. Ridley, M. Gallup, P. Williams (R)
TE: I. Smith (R), J. Sternberger (R), T. Eifert
im ok with stern  > mostert there are scenarios where he's an entrenched 1A next year

I think the questions we all have that are pretty universal for week #2 are being overlooked a bit. 

Whats your bank, account & routing numbers, mother’s maiden name, and the name of your high school mascot & favorite pet? 

Thanks in advance! 
east, no account, route 66, child of clay, bearcat, judy

Also, is Rudolph a hold as my TE2 (behind Engram), or should I dump his 0 target, 0 catch butt for someone not named Rudolph (or Butt)?

They only threw like 10 times and he was out there for a huge % (all?) of the snaps, so this feels flukey. 

Pickins are a little slim - VD, Hurst, Uzomah,  Eifert, Goeddert....would you rather have any of them as a TE2? 
goedert uzo eifert  hurst VD all over kyle in that order

Sig,

Need some help in PPR:

We start 2 RBs, 2 WRs 1 TE and 2 R/W/T flex spots.

RBs: Kamara, Fournette, DWilliams, CThompson

WRs: Kupp, Godwin, Kirk, McLaurin(6), AJ Brown  (hope you went godwin)

What’s my best 6 from the list above? 

Hey Sig,

Struggling with idea of starting 2 WR’s from the same team.  Never done it before but it might be my best option right now with QB injuries and players breaking out.   PPR Superflex start 3 WR’s

My WR corps...

Cooper

Robby A

DeDe Westbrook

Gallup

AJ Brown

Is Cooper, Gallup and whomever the best of the rest each week my best option for week 2 and beyond?  Thanks as always
100% yes

PPR league. Need a flex.

* M. Sanders @ATL -- ATL got gashed last week on the ground and Sanders led in touches (and had a TD called back).

* R. Burkhead @MIA -- Great matchup, got a ton of snaps last week. Little risky, but seems to have a role and there could be garbage time.

* AP vs DAL -- Starting. He's proved us wrong before. Could be a negative game script.

* C. Davis  vs INDY -- Hard to trust, but he can't be that bad.

* D. Amendola vs LAC -- Could be the new G. Tate but Stafford will not be throwing as much against this secondary.

Rest of lineup:

* QB: L. Jackson

* RB: S. Barkley, A. Ekeler, Kerr. Johnson

* WR: K. Allen, T. Lockett

* Flex 1: ????

* TE: OJ Howard

* Defense: NE

Which for flex?

Thanks

Start 1 PPR from McCoy, M Sanders, J Ross, Smokey Brown, M Hardman?

After TNF worried about OJ. Drop Hardman or J Hill or OJ for G Olsen? Or keep and trade Ross for Andrews? C Herdon is also available. How much FAAB would you spend on Olsen? Thx
herndon if you dont have to drop howard or hardman, but howard matchup should get him going next week

Hi Bloom.

Whats your confidence level in our boy Keke Coutee this week and going forward?  Would you start him over Emmanuel Sanders (against CHI) this week?
still confident in his game and ability and his QB, but snap count/role could be compromised by additions of duke/stills. would go sanders this week and we'll see going forward

10 team ppr. Had cmc playing so I’m not favored to win.

Pick 2: Kupp, Lockett, T Williams or Dede Westbrook?

FYI I’m also starting Carson which had me thinking about someone other than Lockett.

TE(pick 1): Hooper or Hockenson

Note i could start the other TE over the wrs above. 

10 team no ppr.

Pick 1:  John Ross or M Valdes scantling?

thanks.  And hope things are better on the family front. 

Thanks, as always, Bloom -- hope you and your loved ones are fine as I know you had to attend a funeral (?) last weekend. Friends and family are always more important than football.

I've seen your rankings, so I think I know how you will lean, but in a 14-team 2/3 point PPR, who would you flex:

Burkhead (fantastic matchup and gamescript, highly unpredictable usage in that backfield)

Metcalf (favorable matchup, Lockett playing but back problems, run-first team and also own Carson so potential to overindex to one offense)

Mostert (will have a role, though hard to know distribution or how he'll fare in the passing game, Bengals looked sound if not fantastic last weekend).

I want to play Mostert only because he'll likely be wire fodder soon with Coleman returning, but not a real rational approach. I am worried about leaning too heavily on SEA offense in one matchup, but not as worried as the usage script flipping on Burkhead as you never really can tell how Bill will use his backs.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Trade question. PPR league. 2 flex positions.

I'm looking to solidify my #3 RB situation and have a couple of trades I'm debating. Looking for an opinion on doing a trade or just standing pat.

Option #1: Secure M. Gordon.

* I have Ekeler and J. Jackson already, but their time could run out at any moment. I could offer M. Sanders for Gordon. Yes, upside is big for Sanders. Also, if Gordon does come back there could be risk that the entire backfield is junk.

Option #2: Secure S. Michel.

* I already own R. Burkhead. NE schedule is sweet. I could offer M. Sanders again for S. Michel.

Option #3: Stand pat.

My current RBs: S. Barkley, K. Johnson, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders, AP, R. Burkhead, J. Hill, J. Jackson.

Which would you do?

Thanks
id either get michel or sit tight. since you are three deep right now you can wait for a possible sanders breakout, altho michel is attractive if he's going to be the first rushing option at the goal line - but it appears sanders has that role already for PHI

Thanks in advance for doing this again each week Bloom!

Few questions for ya:

Scenerio 1: 12-team, .5 PPR, Passing TD's = 4pts, 3yr Keeper league (QRRWWTFKD)

My roster (Starters in Bold?

• QB: Watson
  • RB: Kamara, Chubb, Ekeler, Montgomery, Pollard, Darwin Thompson, Mattison
  • WR: Nuk, Evans, Watkins, J. Gordon, DK Metcalf, Tyrell WIlliams
  • TE: M. Andrews
  • K: Butker
  • DST: NO

Question: Would you drop anyone above for any of the below preemptive WW adds:

• Gronk
  • Mostert (pollard2)
  • M. Hardman (pollard1)
  • A.J. Brown (pollard3)
  • Gus Edwards
  • KeeSean Johnson

Scenerio 2: 12-team, .5 PPR, Passing Redraft league (short bench) (QRRWWTFKD)

My roster (Starters in Bold?

• QB: L. Jackson
  • RB: Chubb, Montgomery, Henry, Singletary, 
  • WR: A. CooperJ. Gordon, Robby Anderson, Sutton, Mike Williams
  • TE: Kelce, Hock
  • K: Elliot
  • DST: CLE
Question 1: WDIS @  Flex?

• Singletary @ NYG
  • Montgomery @ DEN
  • Hockenson v. LAC
Question 2: Would you drop Mike Williams and/or Robby Anderson for any of: