What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 07 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

PPR league
London @ TB
Flowers vs DET

Non-PPR (pick one)
Moss vs CLE
Mitchell @ MIN

FA options:
McLaughlin vs GB
LMurray @ NE
Ingram @ SEA
JWilson @ PHI

For Mitchell, there are three potential scenarios: CMC definitely out, CMC definitely in, or situation still ambiguous by the time I have to make a decision on Sunday morning (Niners play Monday night).

If I know CMC is out, I'll almost certainly start Mitchell. If I know he's in, maybe Murray? And if it's ambiguous, I'm inclined to roll with Mitchell and hope that either CMC sits, or Eli gets a lot of run as they seek to protect CMC.

Other factor is that I'm a heavy underdog, so I want to focus on ceiling plays
Is it crazy that I’m thinking of starting Mitchell regardless of CMC’s status? All my options are either their teams’ clear RB2 (Mitchell, Moss, McLaughlin, Wilson) or else part of an ambiguous mess (Freeman). So why not take the guy whose RB1 may be limited in a game where they’re heavy favorites, and who also has upside if the starter is a late scratch?

Only other option I’m considering at this point is McLaughlin because of that matchup, but it’s non-PPR, which limits his appeal a little
I understand the logic and won't talk you off that ledge.

Okay, maybe a little. There has to be some concern about Mason's role. Mitchell is probably the #2 but Mason has played very strong in his opportunities, he may not simply go away in this scenario. It does seem likely that Mason will be the #3 option and the way Shanahan seems to run the offense it shouldn't be a concern for Mitchell. I just don't love that bit of uncertainty. Also, if CMC is fine, how much action will Mitchell see?

If you want to back a clear #2RB on a good team there seems to be just as much argument for Wilson as Mitchell.

Let me be clear, if you feel strongly about it you should absolutely start Mitchell. I am only providing my own opinion, which is worth exactly what you pay for it.
Man, I don’t feel strongly about any of it. Especially with this latest report that Freeman and Henderson will split the load, With Kyren on IR, I need to think about the next few weeks as well.

Between IR (Freiermuth & Kyren), byes, and GTD (CMC) my roster is a mess this week, so while I take the L against 1st place, I need to keep up season points:

PPR, TE premium, return yards (need 4)

* CMC @ Min
* Jordan Mason @ Min
* Ray Ray McCloud @ Min
* Darrell Henderson vs Pit
* Jake Bono vs Ari
* Andrew Ogletree vs Cle

My real crux is if I gamble with any degree of Bobo, Ogletree, and Henderson then I might miss out on more 49er points on Monday. If I don’t use enough of them, I might run into them sitting CMC.
:oldunsure:

I literally have zero idea who Bobo is (Bobo? Bilbo??) . That's not a joke. I had literally never heard that name until right now.

Same for Ogletree.

All I can do is look at the numbers.

Ray-Ray has five targets in the season. Bobo has six. I don't see much difference in risk between that and the possibility of CMC not playing.

Ray-Ray has additional value IF you get points for return yardage and TDs. If that's the case you should start him.

Ogletree has a brutal matchup but at least he sees two targets per game (almost).

And Henderson? Lotta people talking about how he knows the offense but so do Evans & Freeman and the Rams clear preferred those two over Henderson.

Then you have CMC & Mason. If CMC plays there is a good chance Mason goes back to being a distant third in the rotation. But at least you can hope for a blowout where CMC gets early rest.

Man, this may be the most impossible options I have seen in my three years of doing this thread.

CMC, Mason, Ogletree

And...wild guess
Bobo

PPR league
London @ TB
Flowers vs DET

Non-PPR (pick one)
Moss vs CLE
Mitchell @ MIN

FA options:
McLaughlin vs GB
LMurray @ NE
Ingram @ SEA
JWilson @ PHI

For Mitchell, there are three potential scenarios: CMC definitely out, CMC definitely in, or situation still ambiguous by the time I have to make a decision on Sunday morning (Niners play Monday night).

If I know CMC is out, I'll almost certainly start Mitchell. If I know he's in, maybe Murray? And if it's ambiguous, I'm inclined to roll with Mitchell and hope that either CMC sits, or Eli gets a lot of run as they seek to protect CMC.

Is it crazy that I’m thinking of starting Mitchell regardless of CMC’s status? All my options are either their teams’ clear RB2 (Mitchell, Moss, McLaughlin, Wilson) or else part of an ambiguous mess (Freeman). So why not take the guy whose RB1 may be limited in a game where they’re heavy favorites, and who also has upside if the starter is a late scratch?

Only other option I’m considering at this point is McLaughlin because of that matchup, but it’s non-PPR, which limits his appeal a little

Okay, maybe a little. There has to be some concern about Mason's role. Mitchell is probably the #2 but Mason has played very strong in his opportunities, he may not simply go away in this scenario. It does seem likely that Mason will be the #3 option and the way Shanahan seems to run the offense it shouldn't be a concern for Mitchell. I just don't love that bit of uncertainty. Also, if CMC is fine, how much action will Mitchell see?

If you want to back a clear #2RB on a good team there seems to be just as much argument for Wilson as Mitchell.

Let me be clear, if you feel strongly about it you should absolutely start Mitchell. I am only providing my own opinion, which is worth exactly what you pay for it.
Man, I don’t feel strongly about any of it. Especially with this latest report that Freeman and Henderson will split the load, With Kyren on IR, I need to think about the next few weeks as well.
Evans is the guy I would back for the Rams but that isn't with any confidence and after him I would avoid that situation entirely.

Mitchell & Wilson seems like the best options simply because of the teams they are on.

If the Niners blow out the Vikings CMC should get plenty of rest. So Mitchell isn't a bad option at all under the circumstances.

Two qustions

WR -
Jordan Addison
or
DJ Moore

DEF - Commanders or Raiders (negative points for yard against -.05 per rushing, -.02 per rec yard and points against over 13)

In my flex in a PPR I have to start 2 of these:

Donta Foreman
Jeff Wilson Jr
Elijah Mitchell

Also tempted to pick up Darius Slayton in of the slot and temporarily drop my back up QB Mayfield.

Thinking Foreman is the safest pick for points and gets one spot. Slayton may also be a safer pick. I'd like to get some of that Miami O action by will Wilson really get much of the pie coming back? Will Mitchell see much if CMC plays?

Decisions decisions.

1-QB league 4 pt passing TD
  1. Jared Goff at BAL
  2. Baker Mayfield v ATL
You're there, how's the wind? If you don't think it's a factor then 100%

Goff>Baker

Pretty strong, hence the doubt

edit ~17 mph

But short crossers + YAC can overcome wind eh

The Goffense is rolling can’t bail now

***breaking news***

The forecast says the wind will lessen around noon, 7-9 mph during the game

FIRE UP TUCKER LJAX & all Lions

Two qustions

WR -
Jordan Addison
or
DJ Moore

DEF - Commanders or Raiders (negative points for yard against -.05 per rushing, -.02 per rec yard and points against over 13)
Definitely a conundrum re Moore.

The reality is DJ saw six targets and four receptions from Bagent in about 1.5 quarters of play. I have to imagine the rookie is going to lock in on him & Kmet. Not sure he has a ton of upside but my gut says he sees volume.

Addison does seem to have a nose for the end zone but he hasn't quite bee the weekly target hog I was hoping for just yet and the Niners are tough to score against.

Without much confidence
DJ>Addison

The Commanders have been such a disappointment on defense. I know the Giants have been a great opponent but how can we rely on this defense? The Raiders don't quite get as many sacks as the Commanders but they're better against the pass, better against the run, a better scoring defense and they actually seem to be playing hard.

It's a gut call with options like this but, for me
Raiders>Commanders

Pick 2 in PPR. Gabe Davis, James Cook, Gibbs.
I feel pretty strongly about Gibbs & Cook over Gabe. Just because they are three down volume guys while Gabe is a limited opportunity TD play.

IIRC, Cook averages something like 17 touches (3 receptions) and 105 yards in Bills victories. I think they're going to win.

Gibbs is the lead back on a very good Lions team and Campbell, who I believe when he speaks, says they're going to feed him. He also doesn't have an injury designation.

Gibbs>Cook>Davis

Donta Foreman
Jeff Wilson Jr
Elijah Mitchell

Also tempted to pick up Darius Slayton in of the slot and temporarily drop my back up QB Mayfield.

Thinking Foreman is the safest pick for points and gets one spot. Slayton may also be a safer pick. I'd like to get some of that Miami O action by will Wilson really get much of the pie coming back? Will Mitchell see much if CMC plays?

Decisions decisions.
I don't have much interest in Slayton but if you do them, go nuts.

I start Foreman because of the potential volume. If he doesn't see minimum 15 carries it will be a huge surprise.

I view Mitchell & Wilson similarly as #2 backs on strong offenses. The difference is the Dolphins seem willing to use their #2 RBs more than the Niners and they are averaging a ridiculousl 8 yards per play on offense. It's crazy.

If CMC plays I think Mitchell still sees action and the more the Niners control the game the more action he will see. The shadow of Mason looms but I understand believing Shanahan will stick to his normal RB usage and Mitchell will be the clear backup.

I don't have much confidence choosing between Mitchell & Wilson but ATM

Foreman>Wilson>Mitchell

Last edited:
PPR need 1

Gabe Davis vs NE

or

Curtis Samuel vs NYG

or
Osborn vs SF?
I'm not a KJ guy.

Davis v Samuel is a battle of the hot hands. I see it as a real coin toss but, despite Samuel's run I think Davis is the real TD machine.

Davis>Samuel

PPR league
London @ TB
Flowers vs DET

Non-PPR (pick one)
Moss vs CLE
Mitchell @ MIN

FA options:
McLaughlin vs GB
LMurray @ NE
Ingram @ SEA
JWilson @ PHI

Evans is the guy I would back for the Rams but that isn't with any confidence and after him I would avoid that situation entirely.

Mitchell & Wilson seems like the best options simply because of the teams they are on.

If the Niners blow out the Vikings CMC should get plenty of rest. So Mitchell isn't a bad option at all under the circumstances.
Did you read the link I posted? They’ve been throwing cold water on Evans all week (not that they couldn’t be lying).

[ETA: That first line may have come across as snarky, which wasn’t my intent. Read it as “Curious to hear your thoughts on the latest report, and if it impacts how you view Evans.”]

As for Wilson, my gut is that they ease him back in, the way they’ve done with Achane and Ahmed this year. Remember, they could have activated him last week but chose to keep him on IR and go with Ahmed and Brooks.

Anyway, I’ve decided on my course of action: Start Mitchell this week, pick up Freeman and monitor the situation in LA, and then if Freeman does nothing, drop him before waivers and pick up Singletary, who’s on bye. I feel like he may be in the verge of nudging out Pierce as Houston’s RB1.

But my level of confidence in any of this is extremely low

Last edited:
This is where we ask questions and offer help.

Thank you to all the posters who come here to offer that help.

A couple notes:

I attempt to give well considered responses to all questions posted. I can't get to everything, but I'll try.

1) This only works if people participate. If you ask for help it is good form to offer help to someone else.

2) It helps if you post the matchup. e.g. Cousins vs Den or James Cook @ Mia

3) Please post important league scoring considerations (e.g. PPR, super-flex etc).
3a) POST MATCHUPS PLEASE

4) Please go easy on the nicknames, save that for other threads. We can't help if we don't know who you are talking about.

View this as an exercise to help focus your thoughts about teams in general. Players you own may not be involved in these WDIS questions but certainly you will own players on many of these teams. Analyzing other players will help you identify things you may have otherwise not considered.

On to week 7
Hey Chaka - need some help with my Flex - we're 1/2 pt ppr and these are my choices:

Mattison at home vs SF
Jay Flowers vs Detroit
Jordan Mason at Minny (CMC out?)

Thanks in advance!

This is where we ask questions and offer help.

Thank you to all the posters who come here to offer that help.

A couple notes:

I attempt to give well considered responses to all questions posted. I can't get to everything, but I'll try.

1) This only works if people participate. If you ask for help it is good form to offer help to someone else.

2) It helps if you post the matchup. e.g. Cousins vs Den or James Cook @ Mia

3) Please post important league scoring considerations (e.g. PPR, super-flex etc).
3a) POST MATCHUPS PLEASE

4) Please go easy on the nicknames, save that for other threads. We can't help if we don't know who you are talking about.

View this as an exercise to help focus your thoughts about teams in general. Players you own may not be involved in these WDIS questions but certainly you will own players on many of these teams. Analyzing other players will help you identify things you may have otherwise not considered.

On to week 7
Hey Chaka - need some help with my Flex - we're 1/2 pt ppr and these are my choices:

Mattison at home vs SF
Jay Flowers vs Detroit
Jordan Mason at Minny (CMC out?)

Thanks in advance!
Since we can't know about CMC and I habe no interest in Mattison against the Niners D and since Zay is a great option most weeks, regardless.

Not much hesitation for me on this one.

Flowers>waiting for CMC news

Donta Foreman
Jeff Wilson Jr
Elijah Mitchell

Decisions decisions.
I don't have much interest in Slayton but if you do them, go nuts.

I start Foreman because of the potential volume. If he doesn't see minimum 15 carries it will be a huge surprise.

I view Mitchell & Wilson similarly as #2 backs on strong offenses. The difference is the Dolphins seem willing to use their #2 RBs more than the Niners and they are averaging a ridiculously 8 yards per play on offense. It's crazy.

If CMC plays I think Mitchell still sees action and the more.the Niners control the game the more action he will see. The shadow of Mason Lions but I understand believing Shanahan will stick to his normal RB usage and Mitchell will be the clear backup.

I don't have much confidence choosing between Mitchell & Wilson but ATM

Foreman>Wilson>Mitchell
Thanks! That's where I was leaning as well.

I'll simplify my earlier question as I think I'm down to my last choice:

Need 1 : PPR, TE Premium
  • Jordan Mason @ Min
  • Andrew Ogletree vs. Cle
  • Jake Bobo vs Ari
I think Bobo is a clear third unless DK misses time. He might still be even then. I have and am playing CMC on Monday if that makes a difference in considering Mason.

If I pick Ogletree, I'm locked as he has a noon game. If I choose either of the other and DK plays, it most likely means I switch to Mason. Gut says this is a Mason vs. Ogletree call and Cleveland's defense worries me with the Colts also spreading it around.

I'll simplify my earlier question as I think I'm down to my last choice:

Need 1 : PPR, TE Premium
  • Jordan Mason @ Min
  • Andrew Ogletree vs. Cle
  • Jake Bobo vs Ari
I think Bobo is a clear third unless DK misses time. He might still be even then. I have and am playing CMC on Monday if that makes a difference in considering Mason.

If I pick Ogletree, I'm locked as he has a noon game. If I choose either of the other and DK plays, it most likely means I switch to Mason. Gut says this is a Mason vs. Ogletree call and Cleveland's defense worries me with the Colts also spreading it around.
Having CMC does make a difference IMO.

It's a risk but so are your other options and the reward of Mason is much bigger.

Mason>Ogletree>Bobo

Standard scoring PPR

RB: Brian Robinson or Rhomandre
Flex: Amari cooper or one of the RB's not selected?

Thank You!

PPR league
London @ TB
Flowers vs DET

Non-PPR (pick one)
Moss vs CLE
Mitchell @ MIN

FA options:
McLaughlin vs GB
LMurray @ NE
Ingram @ SEA
JWilson @ PHI

Did you read the link I posted? They’ve been throwing cold water on Evans all week (not that they couldn’t be lying).

[ETA: That first line may have come across as snarky, which wasn’t my intent. Read it as “Curious to hear your thoughts on the latest report, and if it impacts how you view Evans.”]

As for Wilson, my gut is that they ease him back in, the way they’ve done with Achane and Ahmed this year. Remember, they could have activated him last week but chose to keep him on IR and go with Ahmed and Brooks.

Anyway, I’ve decided on my course of action: Start Mitchell this week, pick up Freeman and monitor the situation in LA, and then if Freeman does nothing, drop him before waivers and pick up Singletary, who’s on bye. I feel like he may be in the verge of nudging out Pierce as Houston’s RB1.

But my level of confidence in any of this is extremely low
And after all that, I forgot to swap in Mitchell for Moss. Oh well

Users who are viewing this thread