What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR CeeDee Lamb, DAL (1 Viewer)

He looked like a rookie out there today. Played well enough on the routes designed for him, but hesitant getting off the line, and not quick into his routes. Unsure of himself after the catch and fell down several times when potential for longer gains was there. They tried to use him on some Robert Woods-type end-arounds, but he didn't look speedy or decisive enough to break it down the sideline.

The coaches noticed and he was scarcely on the field the final two critical drives, ceding snaps to both Cedrick Wilson and also Noah Brown. 

He has tons of potential, but there will be some growing pains for the young man in his initial season.

CeeDee Lamb caught 5-of-6 targets for 65 yards in the Cowboys' Week 3 loss to the Seahawks.

Lamb was tied for fifth in targets with Cedrick Wilson (7 targets) joining the party. It's not a big concern for Lamb in the long run, as he's proven to be a stud player within just three NFL games. Lamb is the slot receiver for one of the top passing offenses in the NFL, so it will be hard to rank him outside of the top-30 receivers in many matchups for the rest of the year. The Cowboys catch the Browns at home for Week 4. 

Sep 27, 2020, 8:35 PM ET

Is Lamb healthy? I know he wasn’t on the injury report all week but took an awkward hit on that final punt return and didn’t play much after. 

I see FBG has Lamb ranked pretty high for the ROS in the ranks of Diggs, Woods, Kupp range. Are you a believer still? The Monkees.

He is on pace of an 85 catch/1267 yard season after 3 games and has been at worst a flex every week. 

I am on board ROS but want to know how people feel for this week. 

He is on pace of an 85 catch/1267 yard season after 3 games and has been at worst a flex every week. 

I am on board ROS but want to know how people feel for this week. 
Rookies are notoriously unpredictable but it seems they want to get him involved. He was well behind the big 2 in snaps last week but still had a decent floor. Clevelands secondary is not good, so if they target him he certainly has potential for a good day from the slot. 

I see FBG has Lamb ranked pretty high for the ROS in the ranks of Diggs, Woods, Kupp range. Are you a believer still? The Monkees.
This means Lamb ranks higher then JuJu, Godwin, Boyd, Parker, Gallop, M Brown, D Johnson, Edelman, and OBJ for the ROS. That is a wow for me. Meaning trade for him before he scores.

People sure aren't giving him up in dynasty. Can't pry him away for anything it seems.
Ya, wr’s tend to have better longevity and he’s a top talent in what looks to be a good situation for the foreseeable future.  I have him in a keeper/dynasty league and it would take more to move him than I’m sure someone would be willing to give.

I was high on Lamb coming out. I still want to see some of that after the catch ability that we saw in college and would like to see him win outside a little bit versus the slot. Promising start but hope to see more as the season progresses.

People sure aren't giving him up in dynasty. Can't pry him away for anything it seems.
21 years old, great pedigree, in a big time offense and already off to a good start...if you want him you will to overpay (and the longer you wait the more the overpay will probably be)...the price will hurt short-term but there’s a good chance you will be very happy long-term.

21 years old, great pedigree, in a big time offense and already off to a good start...if you want him you will to overpay (and the longer you wait the more the overpay will probably be)...the price will hurt short-term but there’s a good chance you will be very happy long-term.
I took him at 5.3 in a 10-team superflex Dynasty startup as my third WR (after Nuke and JuJu) and there's nothing anyone could offer that would make me trade him. Even if my team were to be devastated by injuries, I would move any other piece before him.

CeeDee Lamb caught 5-of-7 targets for 79 yards and two touchdowns in Dallas' Week 4 loss to the Browns.

Only one week after playing limited snaps due to having the "highest workload of any Cowboys player during camp," Lamb bounced back with a 100% catch rate and two touchdowns from the slot. His first touchdown of his career was a wide open 43-yard strike from Dak Prescott after Lamb ran right behind S Andrew Sendejo. Lamb's second score again came opposite Sendejo, beating the veteran in the red zone to bring the Cowboys within three points in the final six minutes. Fantasy players should also note that Cedric Wilson was involved for the second straight outing, totaling six targets as the Cowboys trailed 41-22 entering the fourth quarter. For the time being, Lamb still ranks as a WR3 in the league's most pass-happy attack.

Oct 4, 2020, 4:58 PM ET

Not entirely surprising that out of the Big Three in this last draft (Ruggs, Jeudy, Lamb) it's Lamb that has proven himself to be all rounded and better of the three.

Still a long season but he's better so far.

Not entirely surprising that out of the Big Three in this last draft (Ruggs, Jeudy, Lamb) it's Lamb that has proven himself to be all rounded and better of the three.

Still a long season but he's better so far.
He is on a team with a high octane offense, a top 3 QB, a terrible defense, excellent offensive coaches, and multiple weapons where he is receiving single coverage.

If you put Jeudy or a healthy Ruggs in this situation they would have equal success....

He is on a team with a high octane offense, a top 3 QB, a terrible defense, excellent offensive coaches, and multiple weapons where he is receiving single coverage.

If you put Jeudy or a healthy Ruggs in this situation they would have equal success....
Well I drafted Lamb.  You?

Ya, wr’s tend to have better longevity and he’s a top talent in what looks to be a good situation for the foreseeable future.  I have him in a keeper/dynasty league and it would take more to move him than I’m sure someone would be willing to give.
Things change fast...dealt him in a package for Jonathan Taylor...will miss Lamb...hes gonna be a good one

His situation makes him hard to evaluate. You have a QB on pace to break the passing yardage record, a solid running game threat, multiple other receiving options to occupy the other teams top corner. My amateur eyes have not seen anything that pops out to say the kid is going to be a star but obviously he is producing. Seems like a kid who takes his craft seriously so hopefully he continues to sharpen the iron. 

CeeDee Lamb caught 8-of-11 targets for 124 yards in the Cowboys' Week 5 win over the Giants.

Michael Gallup and Amari Cooper combined for three catches until the game's final drive when Gallup caught a couple and Cooper one more. Lamb was the guy commanding most of the looks in this one, as he was really doing whatever he wanted in the middle of the field out of the slot. This is Lamb's second 100-yard game of the young season, and the 11 targets marked a new season-high in that department. Lamb has already emerged as a legit stud and every-week WR2 ahead of a Week 6 date with the Cardinals.

Oct 11, 2020, 8:10 PM ET

Who did you take instead?

Personally, I had Jeudy higher but I ended up with a bunch of Jefferson shares because I was picking after the Big 7 were gone. 
I had the 1/2 in one PPR league and went CEH/Taylor and 1/4 in another non-ppr that I went Taylor/Dobbins.

I guess "everywhere" is exaggerating, but I still should have known better. I had a Chris Matthews-esque tingle up my leg when I watched his game vs Texas last year.

I can’t fault you for taking the RBs if those are competing rosters. They also still have the ability to explode in the final 3/4 of the season, giving you the opportunity to move them for Lamb or Lamb+

Last edited by a moderator:
Why oh why didn't I trust my eyes and draft him everywhere I had the chance...which was everywhere.
Same. I had him as my # 1 overall rookie all offseason. I drafted him in 2 out of 4 leagues (had to trade up in one case). In the only other league I could’ve gotten him easily I had the 1.1 and 1.3.  I took CEH at 1.1 and after the guy at 1.2 took Swift I grabbed Taylor, though I was torn between him and Lamb. I honestly think Lamb would’ve been the better pick at 1.1 or 1.3. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Made some TOUGH catches this week while getting smashed and held on. What I liked most is once he caught the ball he immediately was moving to get upfield. I felt like in his early games he was hesitant in that aspect. Impressive start to his rookie year, too bad he lost his QB.

With Dak out for the remainder of the season, is this an opportunity to buy low? 
Good luck with that.  I doubt anyone who drafted him is going to move him now.  Dalton should be a fine replacement as far as Lamb is concerned.

As the crazy loon who took him at 1.01 in his rookie draft I couldn’t be happier with the start he has had to his career. I do wonder how much of it is attributed to him playing the slot and feasting on the opponents third best corner in most instances. He has made some tough catches and his play speed has already seemed to increase since week one once the ball is in his hands. But I do hesitate anointing him as king of the hill until I see him win outside against some better cover corners. Of course he cannot help where he plays and who is covering and he is performing beyond expectations. Any thoughts on that from Dallas fans that have seen every snap?

As the crazy loon who took him at 1.01 in his rookie draft I couldn’t be happier with the start he has had to his career. I do wonder how much of it is attributed to him playing the slot and feasting on the opponents third best corner in most instances. He has made some tough catches and his play speed has already seemed to increase since week one once the ball is in his hands. But I do hesitate anointing him as king of the hill until I see him win outside against some better cover corners. Of course he cannot help where he plays and who is covering and he is performing beyond expectations. Any thoughts on that from Dallas fans that have seen every snap?
Michael Thomas plays a large percentage of snaps inside and I think we all agree he is really really good.

Michael Thomas plays a large percentage of snaps inside and I think we all agree he is really really good.
Agree, and I am not doubting Lamb is good. I think he looks amazing out there from what I have seen so far. Just curious on what the opinions were in regards to his production being slot related versus the talent he has shown on the field. Obviously off to an amazing start and I am excited to see him continue to grow.

The D has never been 1,2,3 corner matched up in pecking order for a whole game. 

You're just not getting how elite he is. He has such crazy quickness tied to perfect technique. It's like DeAndre Hopkins, yeah maybe you can keep up with him for a play or two but no way you want to bet against it or be the DB that has to stick with him most of the game.

The detail too. Watch him. He gets open on most plays. Maybe bad timing with the QB read, but watch him, he gets the job done almost every time. It's outstanding

Agree, and I am not doubting Lamb is good. I think he looks amazing out there from what I have seen so far. Just curious on what the opinions were in regards to his production being slot related versus the talent he has shown on the field. Obviously off to an amazing start and I am excited to see him continue to grow.
I have listened to and thought about this slot production vs outside topic a ton this year with the Vikings who selected Justin Jefferson who you almost cannot mention without saying all of his production for LSU came from the slot position.

The coach for LSU former Saints coach btw Jefferson led their team in receptions. 

The stigma of being a slot WR is that there are some WR who are niche players who can only play the slot. Some of them because they can't block well or they cant beat press coverage. Being in the slot often means 3 WR so they are only asking the player to run routes and its easiest to avoid the jam from the slot position.

Just because the player is doing most of their work from the slot does not mean they are a niche player however. Its possible that they can play outside well also but there are advantages to playing the slot that you don't have playing outside where on quick developing plays can only attack one side of the field. From inside the WR has more space to work with and has more options as far as where they attack the defense.

These decisions are not always about just what that WR does well, but what the other WR on the team do well. Easier to work a young player into the slot or 3rd WR position when the team already has two established outside WR who do not need to learn things like how to block.

I have no doubt that Lamb can be effective from the outside as well though and eventually he will lead the WR in total snaps but hes still a rookie right now.

The D has never been 1,2,3 corner matched up in pecking order for a whole game. 

You're just not getting how elite he is. He has such crazy quickness tied to perfect technique. It's like DeAndre Hopkins, yeah maybe you can keep up with him for a play or two but no way you want to bet against it or be the DB that has to stick with him most of the game.

The detail too. Watch him. He gets open on most plays. Maybe bad timing with the QB read, but watch him, he gets the job done almost every time. It's outstanding
I took him at 1.01 so I do think highly of him. I just have not been able to watch every play of his so I was just curious on some perspectives from those that did. A lot of his chunk plays seem to come from the slot against zone coverage based on highlights so I was curious what others saw. He looks better than I expected which is saying a lot and I am pumped I went against the grain and picked him over any of the RBs. He has made some extraordinary contested catches as well, kid appears to be a player.

• Smile
Reactions: Bri

Users who are viewing this thread