What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR CeeDee Lamb, DAL (1 Viewer)

Again, it was worth the wait.

He's gone nuclear and shows no signs of slowing down. It's crazy what can happen when you actually throw to your best player.

2 catches on 11 targets. Rough start. CeeDee got plenty of "usage" though; if that continues, he'll be a breakout eventually. It could be an indicator that he was still not prepared to be the "alpha". But it's tough going when the defense knows you are by far the biggest receiving threat.
'member this, from early last year?

And I’m not disagreeing with @Bankerguy, as I’m sure you are talking others are better in general on a neutral team. I’m just wondering who would anyone rather have on Dallas, as that’s my only team. Just looking for discussions is all.

Jefferson can’t seem to get healthy
Hhmmm. He's injured right now, but it's the only real injury he's ever had. Seems a bit disingenuous wording it like he's been missing games with any regularity.

Tyreek Hill and Chase are clearly elite level receivers as well. Hill the best in the league for me I think.

Splitting hairs really though aren't we. Lamb is absolutely top drawer.

Jefferson can’t seem to get healthy
Hhmmm. He's injured right now, but it's the only real injury he's ever had. Seems a bit disingenuous wording it like he's been missing games with any regularity.

Tyreek Hill and Chase are clearly elite level receivers as well. Hill the best in the league for me I think.

Splitting hairs really though aren't we. Lamb is absolutely top drawer.
Absolutely I agree that Tyreek is the best right now, but he’s also been in the league 4 years longer, so like I said RIGHT NOW for me, I like Lamb better on the Cowboys based on youth and going forward. And again, if Dak is staying at QB, I can’t see Hill or Chase having as strong of a connection on or off the field as him and CeeDee.
Justin Jefferson has missed 5 weeks with a hamstring, and possibly this week too. Hammy’s are a nightmare, so if you think that’s no big deal, and I do- then that’s what discussions are for. Personally I shy away from them.

Jefferson will get healthy, come back and be the same dominant player he always has been but yes, the QB situation is potentially more troublesome there.

Ja'Marr Chase and Joe Burrow clearly have an elite connection though.

As one of the Niner homers on this board, he's easily top 3. Physicality, hands, speed, field awareness - can play inside & out, and he's surprisingly elusive for a dude his size. dude has moves. He's also been extremely reliable, and has had a really solid floor. Even when Dak was out, Lamb was balling out.

I don't think he's #1 - it's still Tyreek for now. But a case could be made for #2. Chase is inconsistent, Kupp seems to have fallen off of a cliff due to age/injuries. AJB is also in the conversation.

But it's not ridiculous for someone to make the argument that Lamb is WR1, even is that someone is CeeDee lamb.

I wish he had a brother named EeeEffGee, but that's a story for a different day.

ETA - A sister named ElEmEno perhaps?

Last edited:
I have read the quote both ways actually (haven't heard audio). But he said immediately before that "one of one". I'd say that context leads one toward "the top receiver".

Several absolutely fantastic WRs in this game. I think a reasonable argument could be made that Lamb is the best. I'd probably pick him to be the best WR in the league in 4 years. Maybe Aiyuk, with his Davante Adams keep-getting-better-and-better-and-better vibe. But I'd take him over Chase and Jefferson in the long run.

I'm not saying he's the best in the league, but I do love rostering him in 1 of my dynasty leagues. :)
He’s a joy to roster.

Traded a 2024 1st & 2nd for him in a start-up 16 team dynasty PPR IDP - no ragrets. Worth every penny.

Drafted him 1.07 in a PPR
redraft. No ragrets there either.

Next week should be explosive.

Back to the previous conversation, nobody even sniffs Jefferson right now. He just got hurt this year. And as A.J. Brown pointed out, he and Lamb play almost totally different positions. Lamb plays out of the slot a lot and gets free releases more often than not.

A.J. Brown, Ja'Marr Chase, Justin Jefferson, and Tyreek Hill are on another level from Lamb, fantasy scoring aside.

That's one man's opinion, by the way. I'm not trying to come into Lamb's thread and denigrate Lamb. He's an excellent receiver. There are just others who are better.

That's one man's opinion, by the way. I'm not trying to come into Lamb's thread and denigrate Lamb. He's an excellent receiver. There are just others who are better.
I disagree. If I was starting a team today I would consider Hill (he’s a freak) only over Lamb. Browns crybaby attitude can go suck it, Jefferson is great but can’t get well, and I see this hammy issue lingering. Don’t really see how you can call any of them better than what CeeDee is doing, but this is also one mans opinion.

1 TD heading into week 14. Hope the redrafters didn't get him too high. This was an easy one to see.
Walker will step right back into primary role when healthy.
Charb rubs hard but the fantasy points just won't be there when both backs are healthy. This was really easy to see coming this year.

1 TD heading into week 14. Hope the redrafters didn't get him too high. This was an easy one to see.
Walker will step right back into primary role when healthy.
Charb rubs hard but the fantasy points just won't be there when both backs are healthy. This was really easy to see coming this year.

You're so overwhelmed by Charbs's greatness that you posted in the wrong thread. The Finist of them all, for sure.

I traded Lamb a month ago for Olave and Kittle. I shake my head every monster game he has. I miss u Lamb.
My son traded Chase (after his slow start in week 2) for Lamb and Henry (then flipped Henry straight up for Ettienne). My son is 14. I called him nuts but he may just be a genius.

My son is 14. I called him nuts but he may just be a genius.

Your son ain't got time for all the noise about "patience" that we're saddled with. Watching Chase in Week Two was painful, and I can totally see that trade. Your son saw a completely beat Burrow, saw they were out of sync, and made the deal. It would prove prescient. Then, knowing the talent ETN showed this year, that's a no-brainer back for Henry when he likely moved him. Now, maybe not so much. But back then, savvy.

Your son took his leaguemates to the cleaners with those deals.

I disagree. If I was starting a team today I would consider Hill (he’s a freak) only over Lamb. Browns crybaby attitude can go suck it, Jefferson is great but can’t get well, and I see this hammy issue lingering. Don’t really see how you can call any of them better than what CeeDee is doing, but this is also one mans opinion.
So because of a pulled hammy this year you would not consider him for starting a team today? It's his only injury in his career and isn't really any more worrisome for future than other things. This is recency bias. It's not like Jefferson has a history of muscle issues.

So because of a pulled hammy this year you would not consider him for starting a team today? It's his only injury in his career and isn't really any more worrisome for future than other things. This is recency bias. It's not like Jefferson has a history of muscle issues.
Right, and McCaffrey is made of glass too. You'll never see him get more than 15 touches in a game now that we've seen how brittle he is.

Ok, but now he’s hurt again.
IMO I’ll take CeeDee as a sure thing if I’m starting a team today. JJ may be better, but he’s not well. Again.

how about a dynasty owner who rosters Lamb but didn’t even make the playoffs because the rest of his team fell apart around him (JTaylor, Dobbins, Akers,, Stroud, Javonte, Kirk…). All those amazing 40+ point games this year for nothing. :(

of course, I’m ecstatic that I roster him in that league but…oof.

Next Gen Stats
CeeDee Lamb caught all 13 of his targets for 98 yards and 2 TDs en route to a career-high +3.4 receptions over expected.

The odds of Lamb catching all 13 of his targets based on the completion probability of each pass was just 1.5%.

#DALvWAS | #DallasCowboys

CeeDee Lamb now leads the NFL in receptions over expected this season (+18.6), the 4th-most by any wide receiver in a season since 2018.

@_CeeDeeThree | #DallasCowboys

Users who are viewing this thread