What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lions v Packers MNF (3 Viewers)

Oh you know it's coming and it will be meaningless, not just once but twice and I can't figure out what the Ref thought they were looking at. Plus Flowers is like a pretty awesome DE and I think he knows what he is doing, I love where he had his hands and the very essence of football was lost tonight....it's those trench battles and it was just taken away tonight. 
They said he’d never been called for that in his career. 

never. 

not once. 

twice tonight? Hard to imagine he just up & forgot how to play football. 

I mean they made up a rule about HOW MUCH OF ONE’S BODY WEIGHT COULD BE PLACED ON A QB because Rogers got a booboo a few years ago. 

I'm not ####### trolling. I legit rewound the first play and to be to looked like his hand rode to his neck, not the facemask. I asked is that not a penalty also because I didn't know. The 2nd time I waited to replay it and agreed it was a BS call. People resorted to namecalling which I called out. Look, you wanna discuss the call whatever, I have no dog in this fight unlike the dude who bet $100. I'm not going to get into a #######g forum slapfight about it.
I didn’t bet $100 on this game.  It was for the pick em league I’m in.   And you need to get you eyes checked or stop trolling 

Just great. Not only did the stupid Packers win but the didn’t even cover the spread. I really dislike them. 

Weak call
It was...but real time vs slow motion is always the difference.

Make wverything reviewable and then let everyone complain that things dont get overturned  or we take 5 hours for every game.

Better solution.  Hire and pay full time refs and be better about holding them accountable for their bad work.

Like seriously launch in early and Bobby Boucher Crosby into the turf. Oh sorry refs. Didn't hear the whistle. 

Lions defense came up big in the 4th quarter with 3 stops.  Oh wait, on 2 of the stops the refs bent them over and handed GB the final 10 points.  Good product tonight, NFL.

I understand the stakes are not as high as the New Orleans game last year but...

These two call on Trey Flowers, the Lions should be given a tie or something added to their column, unreal. 

They won't be embarrassed at all but the Packers should be ashamed of themselves for winning this football game. 

Maybe a few less Prater field goals, more touchdowns for the Lions? They did enough to win tonight, this game really sucks tonight
Ashamed of themselves :lmao:

Also; let’s not get so hung up on the invisible hands to the face that we forget about the absolute horsepuckey non-call for DPI on the deep pass. Lions woulda had another 3 points even if they didn’t advance the ball from there. 

packers woulda needed a TD instead of a FG. 

so the Lions got double screwed. 

If go much cheaper and sign Crabtree or Des Bryant if he is health.   They could get good service from an older very for peanuts.  Doubt anyone could come in this late though to help

Id rather they go after Sanu or Emmanuel Sanders 
I think you guys are forgetting how good AJ Green is. Top-10 NFL WR, when healthy, and still in his prime. Crabtree and Dez likely aren't much better than what they have(if at all) and Sanu is just above JAG level.

Sanders would be a very interesting fit, I'd agree with that.Though quietly the Broncos are on a 2-game winning streak and only a game out of the playoff race, where as the Bengals season is already basically over. 

Maybe we’re approaching this wrong since the NFL will have a hard time admitting fault. 

They like fining people. Why not suggest they fine refs for blatant missed or bad calls?

No PI on Jones. Fumble out of bounds. Two hands to the face penalties. Absolute joke of a game. I’m so pissed. 
The PI would have been a weak call and it was an incomplete pass

Last edited by a moderator:
ESPN calling out the refs. “I have no dog in the fight but I have eyes.  What is he seeing?” 
And the DPI. Walked right through it. 

one could argue that was the play that cost the Lions the game. Had they scored on that drive it changes everything. 

FG & it’s a 5 point game. 

TD & it’s a 9 point game & maybe a lock. 

And of course we have to go way way way back to the phantom penalty that changed a Rodgers sack into an1st and goal. Packers TD changed everything there too.

so they got hosed 3x.

you can’t possibly hope to win. I’m not a fan of either team & the Lions got soooooooooo jobbed tonight. 

Lions should have iced this game early.  That being said there were 2 missed calls on Flowers and the missed PI on Jones all in crunch time in the 4th quarter.  Can`t recover from those.    Come on NFL..

It was...but real time vs slow motion is always the difference.

Make wverything reviewable and then let everyone complain that things dont get overturned  or we take 5 hours for every game.

Better solution.  Hire and pay full time refs and be better about holding them accountable for their bad work.
Why would you make that call if you weren't CERTAIN?

On third down in both occasions, its a bad bad look

Rodgers gave himself up prior to the TD and they bailed him out

The first one was worse.  Packers went from getting sacked, to a TD just a few plays later. That was a huge momentum changing horrible mess call.

Jordy is gonna get a call, he said he would play with the Packers already, in the offseason. I seriously doubt we trade for anyone. But who knows. 

The officiating has never been worse and their answer will be to add more rules and more replay which shows that the NFL flat out doesn’t get it.

Here's your game deciding egregious penalty

Hands to the FACE

I'm sorry, not sure how ANYONE can think this was anything other than Flowers grabbing the collar of the shoulder pads.

Not only did this call likely cost DET the game but very well likely changes playoff scenarios for GB and DET

Users who are viewing this thread