Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ministry of Pain

New England at New York (+10) Game Thread

1 minute ago, cloppbeast said:

Adam Gase is stupid.

He is smart enough to parlay one record setting season pretending to call plays for Peyton into 2 head coaching jobs.

1 minute ago, bostonfred said:

I know how many of you have always hated the Patriots, especially fans of the dolphins bills jets raiders chargers chiefs colts Broncos Jaguars  Steelers ravens Bengals Texans titans rams Panthers eagles Falcons and Seahawks because they've wrecked your dreams at one point or another.  

But it's not doing you any good.

Seriously, just enjoy them.  This is a kind of greatness you will never see again. This is better than anything you've seen in any sport in your lifetime. 

You're too old to waste an opportunity to appreciate this kind of greatness.  You'll never see anything like this again. Just root for them, this once, and try to enjoy it instead of shaking your fist wishing they weren't this good again. 

Now imagine someone said that to you about the Yankees in 2003.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, TwinTurbo said:

The AFC East is like the gift that keeps on giving to the Patriots for the last 17 years. 

The whole AFC, really. 

And the NFC.  

• Laughing 1

2 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

I know how many of you have always hated the Patriots, especially fans of the dolphins bills jets raiders chargers chiefs colts Broncos Jaguars  Steelers ravens Bengals Texans titans rams Panthers eagles Falcons and Seahawks because they've wrecked your dreams at one point or another.  

Seriously, just enjoy them.  This is a kind of greatness you will never see again. This is better than anything you've seen in any sport in your lifetime. 

You're too old to waste an opportunity to appreciate this kind of greatness.  You'll never see anything like this again. Just root for them, this once, and try to enjoy it instead of shaking your fist wishing they weren't this good again. 

don't

Gase halftime pep talk;

"Alright guys. Listen up. Down 24 with 2 full quarters left to play ...

I've seen teams, with much more at stake, come back from worse, with less time than this"

3 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

I hate them even more after reading this.

• Laughing 1

It's time for the Genesis Halftime Show!

Let's make it special. 

• Like 1

Does Booger talk about anything except the game. So far tonight they have talked about Baseball, college football, and some poor guy dying and Booger immediately starts blabbering about the game again. 

Just now, OrtonToOlsen said:

I hate them even more after reading this.

This. It's hard to be the lucky beneficiary of a great run of success by an otherwise corrupt, crappy franchise.

It's another to lecture others why we should appreciate their corrupt crappiness. 

We did this already in 2007

2 minutes ago, TwinTurbo said:

He is smart enough to parlay one record setting season pretending to call plays for Peyton into 2 head coaching jobs.

The Jets and Dolphins are stupid too. That doesnt make Gase smart. He's an idiot.

9 minutes ago, rockaction said:

9 minutes ago, TwinTurbo said:

Their schedule so far has been ridiculous too

It doesn't get any harder. 

Cue @Anarchy99 to explain how the AFC East is really a tough division

• Laughing 1

4 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

When did the Patriots wreck the Broncos dreams in the Belichick/Brady era? 

The Broncos are 3-1 vs the Patriots in the playoffs in their era, and the only Patriots win was over the Tebow-led team, which no Bronco fan thought was actually good enough to win it all. 

But have fun with your usual shtick. :lol: :lol: 

1 minute ago, bostonfred said:

The whole AFC, really. 

And the NFC.  

Nah its mostly the AFC East. No franchise QB except Brady for close to 2 decades now. And a string of circus clowns for head coaches during that time.

Just now, Green and Gold said:

Now imagine someone said that to you about the Yankees in 2003.

I'm not saying i don't understand it.  I'm just saying I regret rooting against those dominant bulls and cowboys teams. It would have been so much more fun to just enjoy Jordan in his prime. I don't blame anyone for feeling differently, I'm just speaking from experience here - this is a level of dominance people will still. be talking about in 50 years. 

Wow. I'm going to stay alive in the subscriber contest while getting a negative from Darnold.

Just now, Ghost Rider said:

When did the Patriots wreck the Broncos dreams in the Belichick/Brady era? 

The Broncos are 3-1 vs the Patriots in the playoffs in their era, and the only Patriots win was over the Tebow-led team, which no Bronco fan thought was actually good enough to win it all. 

But have fun with your usual shtick. :lol: :lol: 

Or the Ravens, really. I remember Ray Rice running eighty yards to freedom one playoff day in Foxboro, plus another win on the way to a Super Bowl for the Ravens in another year. That was back when Flacco considered himself elite. 

6 minutes ago, PennStater77 said:

Why wouldn’t you try a FG there?

Exactly. Take the three. You get the ball to start the 2nd half and you have a chance to get back in this thing. 

I'm not saying i don't understand it.  I'm just saying I regret rooting against those dominant bulls and cowboys teams. It would have been so much more fun to just enjoy Jordan in his prime. I don't blame anyone for feeling differently, I'm just speaking from experience here - this is a level of dominance people will still. be talking about in 50 years. 

I'll never regret nor be nostalgic for the Patriots' success unless I meet an untimely death due to the collapse of American democratic institutions like in the Dark Knight movie with Bane.

Just now, bostonfred said:

I'm sorry for trying to help all of you enjoy sports.  Good luck just waiting for the misery to end instead 

My Blues won the Stanley Cup four months ago, and did it by kicking the Bruins ### on their own ice. No misery over here. :yes: :yes: 

10 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

I'm 30.  I'll see another great team or three in my life.

4 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Cue @Anarchy99 to explain how the AFC East is really a tough division

LOL ... as these same Jets stomped the NFC East leading Cowboys last week.

Bills beating everyone but NE.

Just now, Ghost Rider said:

My Blues won the Stanley Cup four months ago, and did it by kicking the Bruins ### on their own ice. No misery over here. :yes: :yes: 

Honestly forgot about that.  Congrats man. I know titles are rare for a lot of you. 

3 minutes ago, rockaction said:

No urban-themed musical guest?

:(

I ASKED AND RECEIVED THIS GREATNESS BY THE POOL.

HEY KIDS. THIS IS OUR OOL. NOTICE THERE IS NO "P" IN IT. WE'D LIKE TO KEEP IT THAT WAY. 

Edited by rockaction

Just now, bostonfred said:

Honestly forgot about that.  Congrats man. I know titles are rare for a lot of you. 

Not really, chief.  Three Broncos Super Bowls in the last 21 years, two Cardinals World Series wins in the last 14, and now a Blues Stanley Cup.  All good over here. 

6 minutes ago, TwinTurbo said:

Nah its mostly the AFC East. No franchise QB except Brady for close to 2 decades now. And a string of circus clowns for head coaches during that time.

Yes, because teams from other divisions have much better results vs NE.

1 minute ago, NutterButter said:

Who the hell is the target audience for this Charlie Booth guy?

It's not Booth, it's puth. It sounds like Booth, but more Puthy. 

1 minute ago, Ghost Rider said:

Not really, chief.  Three Broncos Super Bowls in the last 21 years, two Cardinals World Series wins in the last 14, and now a Blues Stanley Cup.  All good over here. 

The Broncos moved to St. Louis?

1 minute ago, NutterButter said:

Who the hell is the target audience for this Charlie Booth guy?

9 yo girls up late watching MNF obviously.

• Laughing 2

8 minutes ago, cloppbeast said:

The Jets and Dolphins are stupid too. That doesnt make Gase smart. He's an idiot.

Yes and another example of how the rest of the AFC East is hot garbage. It would be like the Dolphins hiring Rex Ryan. 

16 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

for the record ... BF does not speak for ALL Pats fans.

I for one appreciate and embrace the hate. Please keep it coming.

NE vs. EVERYONE

You really could have just kneed it and saved everybody the effort.

Touchbacks. They're your friend unless you're elite at it. 

1 minute ago, TwinTurbo said:

Yes and another example of how the rest of the AFC East is hot garbage. It would be like the Dolphins hiring Rex Ryan. 

He's talking about you Buffalo

This looks great.

Three Bells and a cloud of dust.