Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

QB Colin Kaepernick, Free Agent

6 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Yes, Intolerance of intolerance. It’s a paradox. 

If BLM is what you’re referring to, It seems like the majority are showing that they are no longer tolerant of racism. 

not sure why anyone sees that as a bad thing. 

Looting, rioting, innocent people being attacked in the streets, monuments being torn down, no respect for law and order...yeah, I'd say that's a bad thing. In fact, I'd say this is one of the worst moments in our country's history. But hey, if a violent communist insurrection and a Marxist coup is your idea of tolerance, that's good to know. 

• Laughing 1

26 minutes ago, IheartGuinness said:

Looting, rioting, innocent people being attacked in the streets, monuments being torn down, no respect for law and order...yeah, I'd say that's a bad thing. In fact, I'd say this is one of the worst moments in our country's history. But hey, if a violent communist insurrection and a Marxist coup is your idea of tolerance, that's good to know. 

Maybe conflating peaceful protests with a handful of anarchists isn’t the most logical approach to judging a movement.

Funny, I don’t recall saying any of that. Can you maybe use the quote feature to quote me saying “violent communist insurrection and a Marxist coup” is “my idea of tolerance”? 

that’d be very helpful, thanks. 

36 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Don't get sucked down this rabbit hole, he is definitely one of those guys who says things like "the intolerant left".

His post reads like a series of Tucker a Carlson chyrons. :doh: 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

His post reads like a series of Tucker a Carlson chyrons. :doh: 

Aww...thanks!!!

:bowtie:

Edited by IheartGuinness

1 hour ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Maybe conflating peaceful protests with a handful of anarchists isn’t the most logical approach to judging a movement.

Funny, I don’t recall saying any of that. Can you maybe use the quote feature to quote me saying “violent communist insurrection and a Marxist coup” is “my idea of tolerance”? 

"A handful of anarchists"

:lmao:

2 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Lol handful

• Love 1

5 hours ago, IheartGuinness said:

In fact, I'd say this is one of the worst moments in our country’s history

Son, respectfully, you should read up on the disgusting, terrible, awful things that this country has done in its history. 

This doesn’t even crack the top 100

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

2 hours ago, tangfoot said:

Son, respectfully, you should read up on the disgusting, terrible, awful things that this country has done in its history. 

This doesn’t even crack the top 100

Oh, I have. And yes, it does. But to each their own. 

9 minutes ago, IheartGuinness said:

Oh, I have. And yes, it does. But to each their own. 

Great.  And how many of your top-50 are from 1968?

5 hours ago, tangfoot said:

Great.  And how many of your top-50 are from 1968?

Not the place to get into this, but yes, '68 has more than a few spots on the list. Dr. King's and Bobby Kennedy's assassinations are obvious choices. However, I also said this is "one of" the worst moments, and I stand by that. The attempted overthrow of our government by communists (avowed communists, by the way) and a possible descent into civil war are pretty significant--not really sure how anyone can deny that.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I think it's somewhat amusing that the vitriol and venom surrounding CK's possible return will end up moot in the end. At least for now. One of the few issues on which I agree with some other posters on the other end of the political chasm is that an NFL season is looking less and less likely this year. We can argue about his ability, the distraction he may or may not cause, the illegitimacy of his beliefs, etc., but in the end it's looking like we're all wasting our time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IheartGuinness said:

Not the place to get into this, but yes, '68 has more than a few spots on the list. Dr. King's and Bobby Kennedy's assassinations are obvious choices. However, I also said this is "one of" the worst moments, and I stand by that. The attempted overthrow of our government by communists (avowed communists, by the way) and a possible descent into civil war are pretty significant--not really sure how anyone can deny that.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I think it's somewhat amusing that the vitriol and venom surrounding CK's possible return will end up moot in the end. At least for now. One of the few issues on which I agree with some other posters on the other end of the political chasm is that an NFL season is looking less and less likely this year. We can argue about his ability, the distraction he may or may not cause, the illegitimacy of his beliefs, etc., but in the end it's looking like we're all wasting our time

That we can agree on.