What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jalen Reagor, NE (3 Viewers)

But back to Reagor - I really do think he is going to be a bit of a bully. Seems to be having a really good rookie camp "catching everything, is explosive, chemistry w Went" really checking all the boxes and he's practicing as a starter. I'm trying to temper my expectations, bc it is the Eagles, but I'm optimistic he's going to be a real one. 
I mean he's no Nelson Agholar but I am optimistic for Reagor in 2020. 

The other concerning bit is the Eagles O-line has been horrible in camp. I dont think Wentz sits back throwing deep much.  Gonna be the short passing game this year.

Not sure that matters though. All those guys played their rookie years under different coaching staffs and probably different QBs. None of those coaches or QBs will be in Philly this year. 
Maybe it doesn't. Different coaches and supporting casts of course.

Just another way to try to compare them.

The other concerning bit is the Eagles O-line has been horrible in camp. I dont think Wentz sits back throwing deep much.  Gonna be the short passing game this year.
I certainly won't claim to know anything about the line,  but I don't think a short game would kill his value.  Obviously, the eagles want his speed threaten the safeties,  but he also has acceleration and speed that would work well in screens.  

Feed like every summer all the eagles receivers are great.  Not saying Raegor isn’t good but the philly wr summer hype machine is very unreliable.

####, Agholor is tearing it up and he’s not even on the team anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feed like every summer all the eagles receivers are great.  Not saying Raegor isn’t good but the philly wr summer hype machine is very unreliable.

####, Agholor is tearing it up and he’s not even on the team anymore.
This just feels different.

Eliot Shorr-Parks @EliotShorrParks

Jalen Reagor looks ready to contribute right away #Eagles
https://twitter.com/eliotshorrparks/status/1297920188055257088?s=21

Eliot Shorr-Parks

Jalen Reagor does a nice job creating separation at the line of scrimmage #Eagles
https://twitter.com/eliotshorrparks/status/1297552718937182210?s=21

Eliot Shorr-Parks

Jalen Reagor just had a really nice 1o1 in the RZ. Got a ton of separation and a touchdown #Eagles
https://twitter.com/eliotshorrparks/status/1297551888607588354?s=21

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports "it will be a shock" if Jalen Reagor doesn’t have a significant role in the Eagles offense.

Sports Radio 94 WIP’s Eliot Shorr-Parks also expects Reagor to have a Week 1 impact. Reagor may not open the year an every-down starter, but he has the clearest path to targets behind DeSean Jackson with Alshon Jeffery (foot, active/PUP) looking likely to miss a couple games. Reagor has been trending up in rookie-only drafts after Brandon Aiyuk’s hamstring injury. J.J. Arcega-Whiteside also has some camp hype, but Reagor remains the better bet for a top-three role regardless of Jeffery's status. 

RELATED: 

Alshon Jeffery

, JJ Arcega-Whiteside

, John Hightower

SOURCE: Philadelphia Inquirer

Aug 28, 2020, 6:34 PM ET

Eagles WR Jalen Reagor left practice with a shoulder injury.

Reagor left practice holding his arm and appeared to be in pain. He went into the locker room and did not return to practice. The team has not given an update on his status yet but Ian Rapoport reports that "there is optimism it isn't serious but he'll undergo tests to be sure." This news is a major concern for Philadelphia as the team is incredibly thin at wide receiver. Alshon Jeffrey (Lisfranc) is currently on the active/PUP list and Marquise Goodwin chose to opt out of the 2020 season. Reagor was taken with the No. 24 pick to be an immediate playmaker for Carson Wentz. Now they'll be relying on DeSean Jackson and a handful of young players to start at receiver. J.J. Arcega-Whiteside has reportedly had an impressive training camp and would be in line to start if Reagor misses time.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Aug 30, 2020, 1:54 PM ET

I drafted him today, about 5 minutes before the first news hit. Then, with my next pick, I drafted Zack Moss about 2 or 3 minutes before his neck news hit. What the heck...

Going to be tough to hold him now. I am going to have to drop someone for a kicker and it's probably going to be him. 

Opens up opportunity for Quez, perhaps. I feel like pretty much any able body in Philly is gonna get a chance at some targets. 

Odd this story mentions an “impressive” camp for JJAW...last I’d read the reports weren’t exactly glowing. Maybe he’s impressed since then. 

between the OL & WR injuries I’m probably out on Wentz this year. I’ve got Quez in dynasty but otherwise I’m not really planning on investing in Eagles at this rate. that’s one snake-bIt team. 

I've been holding JJAW since I drafted him everywhere. But I had resigned myself to the idea that I was cutting him next week. *Nobody* in any of my leagues has shown interest, but I guarantee if I cut him people will spend BB to get him. Maybe I can sell for a ham sandwich. I was kind of hoping Reagor would make the decisions academic.

Any one successful trading for him after the news?
If I were an owner I might be slightly insulted by such an advance. I’m just sayin - insult to injury.

Me: ”damn my WR got hurt, that sucks!”

them: “hey, can I buy that dude you just invested draft equity in on the cheap since he’s hurt?”

yeah - I wouldn’t be thrilled with that manager. Maybe that’s just me. 

I've been holding JJAW since I drafted him everywhere. But I had resigned myself to the idea that I was cutting him next week. *Nobody* in any of my leagues has shown interest, but I guarantee if I cut him people will spend BB to get him. Maybe I can sell for a ham sandwich. I was kind of hoping Reagor would make the decisions academic.
Reports are he will "start" opposite Desean game 1. My guess is a rotation of Hightower as well, as they definitely want "speed" on the field a lot. But I'd hold off and hope for a RZ TD week 1. 

I tore into him earlier in the thread, said I wasn't impressed with his college career and not drafting him anywhere...

But the price has dropped so I got one dynasty share in the 3rd round

Hoping for the best

I tore into him earlier in the thread, said I wasn't impressed with his college career and not drafting him anywhere...

Hoping for the best
Thats terrific value to get him at. Your league mates are asleep at the wheel letting you do that.

Some of the best picks I think are on guys who are not really your cup of tea but you can't deny their value at the price.

Hoping for the best
Since he got injured I snagged him as a flier in 18th round in a redraft league. I am hoping to put on IR and roster another young flier. I like Reagors position even though I worry he might be a soft player. I hope for the best. 

Do the Eagles intend to put Reagor on IR to start the season?  Sounds like they are contemplating that for the first three weeks.  Is there a timeline for them to make that decision?  

Just wondering since it would be nice to put him in my IR slot so I can make another waiver move. 

Do the Eagles intend to put Reagor on IR to start the season?  Sounds like they are contemplating that for the first three weeks.  Is there a timeline for them to make that decision?  

Just wondering since it would be nice to put him in my IR slot so I can make another waiver move. 
If he's only out four weeks like they originally said, he probably wouldn't hit IR because then he'd be forced to miss at least 8 weeks I believe.

Eagles WR Jalen Reagor (shoulder) was not placed on IR. 

It's good news for the rookie wideout, who is expected to miss four weeks with a slight tear in his labrum. The injury won't require surgery. Fantasy managers who can now scoop up Reagor in the final rounds can reasonably depend on Reagor being back with the Eagles by the end of September. Until then, it seems DeSean Jackson and J.J. Arcega-Whiteside will start on the outside for Philadelphia. Both are worth a look in 12 and 14-team leagues. 

RELATED: 

JJ Arcega-Whiteside

, DeSean Jackson

SOURCE: Geoff Mosher on Twitter 

Sep 6, 2020, 6:29 PM ET

skillz said:

I think after tomorrow is when the can put on three week IR, as I understand it. 

I will also put on IR and take flier on some other rookie. 👍

Reports are he will "start" opposite Desean game 1. My guess is a rotation of Hightower as well, as they definitely want "speed" on the field a lot. But I'd hold off and hope for a RZ TD week 1. 
exactly, but honestly there may be some names I drop him for on the first waiver run

ETA sorry I see this is the Reagor thread and I'm talking about JJAW here

NBC Sports Philadelphia's John Clark is "hearing it's looking good" for Jalen Reagor (shoulder) to debut Week 2.

Reagor is "doing very well in his rehab," according to Clark. The first-rounder went down in practice at the very end of camp and was initially given a four-week timetable. It sounds like he's going to beat that and could miss just the opener against Washington before a Week 2 showdown with the Rams. The Eagles are expected to roll with DeSean Jackson, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, and Greg Ward for the majority of the receiver snaps this Sunday.

SOURCE: John Clark on Twitter

Sep 8, 2020, 1:57 PM ET

Glad he's a quick healer, but I hope the Eagles aren't rushing him back. That never goes well. 

Jalen Reagor (shoulder) returned to practice Wednesday.

To the surprise of the Eagles' beat writers, Reagor appeared to be "doing everything" at Wednesday's session, leaving some to wonder if he's actually going to play Week 1 against Washington. It had previously been reported Reagor was expected to miss the opener, but he's apparently made major strides in his recovery from a torn labrum. It's something that will likely require surgery after the season, but Reagor hopes to make it through his rookie year. We'll have to keep an eye on the Eagles' injury report this week.

SOURCE: John Clark on Twitter

Sep 9, 2020, 2:17 PM ET

Eagles WR Jalen Reagor (shoulder) was a full participant Thursday. 

The rookie wideout seems to have a good shot of suiting up against Washington this week after suffering a shoulder injury in August that was originally going to keep him out for the start of the season. Fantasy players who took the post-injury discount on Reagor might see the selection pay off right away. Reagor playing against Washington would certainly put a damper on DeSean Jackson's Week 1 upside. Barring a setback, Reagor should be in Week 1 lineups. 

RELATED: 

DeSean Jackson

SOURCE: Tim McManus on Twitter 

Sep 10, 2020, 4:06 PM ET

Practiced in full today and looks like he may be good to go Sunday. Absolute dawg.
i previously assumed torn labrum and that it would be a lost year. but this is kinda crazy he's possibly back already. really curious what the deal is. the labrum would really impact range of motion and his ability to go up and get contested balls... is it possible it was some other kind of shoulder injury? here's hoping he has a good week 1

He wasn't drafted in my league surprisingly.  But its 10 team with short benches.  Would you guys drop Marvin Jones for him?

He wasn't drafted in my league surprisingly.  But its 10 team with short benches.  Would you guys drop Marvin Jones for him?
It's great news on Reagor but no I wouldnt cut Jones for him.

10 steamers are tough. Lots of good talent on the wire in those.

Users who are viewing this thread